Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your most fondest SRB2 memories?

Level

What are your most fondest SRB2 memories?

Whether you were in a 1v10 and you managed to beat the other 10, or perhaps your time made it on the Official Time Attack Record board, or maybe your map won some OLDC category, whatever the case maybe, post any of your favorite past Srb2 memories here. They can be anything that you found very memorable or interesting. It doesn't have to be directly related to the game Srb2, just as long as it has to do something with Srb2.

Here are some of my own:
    1. When I first began playing Srb2, I certain fellow came up to me an offered me to be an Administrator for his Srb2 Website. I said sure why not, and so I became the adminstrator of this website:http://srb2core.webs.com/
    Maybe some of you remember it, maybe not, whatever the case maybe, this was one of my first hangout websites for Srb2 stuff and such.
    2. It was only a year later when I met Sonic Jr and the entire gang and we began a little project of ours called the Srb2 Remake Mod. Haha, we never finished it, but at that time we certainly had hope that we one day would. Here's the website for it:http://srb2remake.webs.com/
    3. At that time there were tons of Clans. The Echidnas were being led by Fists, but one day I met a person who went by the name EternallyAries. At first we hated each other, but soon we started getting along, and so after some thinking, Aries created the XClan. Amazingly the website still stands as well:http://xclan.createmybb3.com/index.php
    We had 2 of them by the way:http://xclan.createaforum.com/index.php
    4. It was some time after that the clan broke up and me, Lumen, and MTP decided to create a new clan replacing Aries' clan. The Exitium Clan. Unfortunately the idea failed miserably. The links to the site still exist, but they can no longer be viewed since they are archived:http://exitiumclan.createmybb3.com/
    5. It was some time after that where most of my friendship strands were severed between Jr and his gang. They went off and started their own works and this is what they came up with:http://powershards.webs.com/
    6. Around this time I encounted a player called Ultra Sonic. Now this player was getting on my nerves for some reason and so I decided to make him ragequit. What ended up happening was something far more hilarious. If you download and read this log, you'll get a look at some of the old players you may have forgotten as well, and you'll also read this funny story :http://www.mediafire.com/view/?2gn0azx292sdt0g

Well that's it for that. I may add separate stories in different posts later on. I encourage all of you to post your own too! It's fun to go back through memories especially those having to do with Srb2!

Level
    I have had many fun times, and I've only been playing for one year (I started on Dec 15, 2011 according to my PC)

1. Overall I have met numerous people while playing rather I host or join. Some friendly, some childish, some newbish, and sometimes combos. I've met some people like Fuzz, Gen, Mercury, SuperMysticSonic (the real one), Tyson the bladehog, Accel*fiftyfive, Yumiyach, Sryder13, Rosy, MTBLC, Bads, LightSpeedAngel, any manymore. They allplayed a very signifigant role in who I am as an SRB2 player today.

2. When I first started playing (the first day exactly) I ran right in a match server and got my butt handed to me, but I was still having the time of my life having fun losing XD Then I played Tag and fell in love with the gameplay of it despite its lack of poularity, then I ran into what I believe was Sryder13's server (hard to remeber) where I met Yumiyach and had even more fun playing tag. Me and Yumiyach helped each other out whenever we could, and that was one of my favorite moments in my srb2 history (probobly because it was when everything was all new to me)

3. About a month or so later I met the real SMS (I know so because he was beta testing a wad I and I was lucky toget it in time), we had fun racing with the beta wad, in the server at the time was SMS, Fuzz, SparxMaster, and me. While racing Fuzz kept requesting something that SMS said to wait on so he got mad, me and him became enemies at first. We tested for a while then played on his mystic ruins wad, while on this wadme and Fuzz got talking and he showed me a few srb2 tips (still a newb at the time you see),and we became friends.

4.Sometime later that year (maybe it was June 2012 or something) I got the chance to get on srb2 again and I saw Fuzz now had hosting abilities, so I went to see him. About a month later I discovered that my Dial-up could play srb2 IF the parental controls were off and didn't block the game. So a war broke out over turning them off, eventully it was resolved when I figured out my parents password. Then I played srb2 every weekend, mostly going to Fuzz's since he was the only one that would put up with my dial-up for the most part. I had fun in his server, I was also an admin, so I had some fun with that. (Fun-Fact: I made a topic on the mb about my srb2 dial-up problem http://mb.srb2.org/project.php?issueid=325)

5. Sometime later, I discovered I could host netgames. after I started hosting I met lots of people, and now people could esaily find me. After sometime I met a person by the name "DarkSpeedMercury" we became very good friends and is currently, to this day, my co-author for my wads.

I have more times I might put up later once I remeber them.

Level
    1.) Having my server be one of the most popular all those years ago.
    2.) Beating Egg Rock Zone with Sonic.

Husbando to a special kitty~♥

Level
    Walid

Level
    Pretty much 1.0.94a Memories and majority of newer versions
    I'll get into detail later..or not

Level
    Usually when I spend my whole weekend just having fun and making every moment last while. Seems odd to say this, but eh.

k

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson TH View Post
    Usually when I spend my whole weekend just having fun and making every moment last while. Seems odd to say this, but eh.
    You would spend your last days playing SRB2?
    Anyways, Memories 1.0.94a
    And A Hedgehog's server Early 2.0.6. and lower
    And Demnyx's Server when i was actually there

Level
    What I mean is that I usually have "fond" memories when I'm in my own server or other friends' servers. And considering that I usually do this on the weekends when everyone is SUPPOSEDLY not going to school that I normally have a chance to just have fun with a lot of people or just my friends.

Aaagh, I don't like replying to this.

If you're still not getting it, take my signatures for example. They're mostly from Steam chats, SRB2 logs, or something else. Usually involving me making it sound kind of cheesy. :<

k

BlueRooster is offline MISSINGNO.! Use asisds attack!
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Level
    I remember playing the SRB2 Xmas test demo as a kid.
    http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...HEBEST1973.png

When life gives you lemons, you don't make lemonade, you burn someone's house down with them!

Level
    In my early years I started a level pack, like many other people have and still do, called The Crystals Of Power. Back then I had planned to create a great deal of levels for it, but sadly I never finished(I never finish anything these days). I thought this would be the adequate thread to post this since it's a fond memory I have of Srb2. What exactly am I posting? The story to the level pack.

Story
    Green Forest Zone

STORY:After defeating Eggman at the Eggrock Zone sonic decides to take a little break from all the action and decides to spend some quiet time with tails out in Mobius's Green Forest. The 2 arrive at the forest and decide to rest up. Suddenly Sonic notices that the Forest is slowly filling up with Badniks. Soon enough Sonic spots Eggman and realises hes going out to the city. Sonic's suspicion rises and he then decides to find out what Eggman is now up to. Simultaneously Knuckles who was above the forest gliding also spots Eggman and he to decides to follow him, but before any of them confront Eggman they must get out of the forest.

Restless City Zone

STORY:After defeating the Eggman decoy in Green Forest the trio decide to follow the road that leads them into a city known as Restless City. Known for all the noise, the city has now become infested with badniks and also holds one of Eggmans bases. The trio spot Eggman again and this time heading to his base. What does Eggman want in this city. And so they follow the road that leads them into the center of the city. What is Eggman after?

Aquatic Sewer Zone

STORY: After the trio defeat Eggman in his base Eggman escapes into the sewers and the trio decides to follow him. As they continue their path they eventually meet another one of eggmans decoys. After they defeat the decoy they stumble onto a cave which leads to an even bigger surprise, an Underground City. What does Eggman want here?

Lost Empire Zone

STORY: Again fooled by Eggman you head out of the sewers and into the cave. After examining the sewers Tails concluded that Eggman must be after these crystals, but thier purpose it still unknown to you. After walking for sometime you stumble onto a discovery. An entire city below the ground and many of those strange crystals everywhere. You now know what Eggman is after and you go into the city to stop him.

Fiery Factory Zone

STORY: Sonic and Co. finally arrive at Eggman's fiery base. It seems Eggman has been collecting these crystasl but the reason is still unknown. Sonic and Co. enter the base which seems to be located very low underground. The team is determined to end this once more.

Frozen Cavern Zone

STORY: The Team defeats Eggman but Eggman escapes once again. And so they continue on the path. After sometime their surrounding enviroment changes. Now they seem to be located in a frozen cave. Luckly there aren't so many enemies around and the team continues after Eggman.

Glacial Peak Zone

STORY: After continuing for some time you finally make it out of the cave and find yourselfs on top of a mountain. After seeing Eggman pass by you, you and your team decide to follow him down the frozen mountain.

Acid Fortress Zone

STORY: After coming down the mountain you come upon a strange castle surrounded by a lake of acid. What could be inside. It's up to you to find out.

Arid Sands Zone

STORY: After coming out of that strange castle you now seem to be located in a hot arid desert. As the team continues they spot Eggman once again heading out to a City. A city that seems very familiar to the gang. And so they head out into the desert hoping to catch up to Eggman.

Sunken Metropolis Zone

STORY: Coming out of the desert the team finds themselves back in an all to familiar city. Metropolis. After defeating Eggman here a long time ago the city seems to have been flooded. Now Eggman has taken his sunken city and has turned it into his base. The team heads out to reach Eggmans base deep inside the City.

Sky's Edge Zone

STORY: After the team defeats Eggman in the sunken city they are suprised to find out that Eggman escaped in a Rocket. The Team finds a platform near by and heads out after Eggman.

Stratospheric Temple Zone

STORY: This temple looks familiar to Sky Sanctuary Zone, but it is much higher than that of the sanctuary. After the Team takes the platform they are astonished to find that they are in a temple high above their planet. The Team finds that the temple is now being used by Eggman for his Rocket Ship. Around the temple the team finds more of these strange crystals. Now the team decides to finish Eggman to prevent him from launching to where ever he is going.

Egg Rocket Zone

STORY: Now for the final Climax. You must find Eggmans main base inside the Rocket and defeat him before he gets to his destination which seems to be the moon. The team continues on to find Eggman and to defeat him once more.

Ending Zone

STORY: The team defeats Eggman and floats back down to Mobius. You and your team land safely in Green Forest Zone where this whole adventure started. And watch as Eggmans Rocket falls into Sunken Metropolis Zone. But this is this truly the end of the story.......continue through this one act level to find out.

Lunar Sanctuary Zone

STORY: With the power of the Chaos Emeralds the team uses them and safely lands on the moon as Eggman's Rocket crashes down onto the moon. The Team finds itself right outside a beautiful fortress. Soon afterwards they spot Eggman flying towards the fortress. What is he after now.

Lunar Palace Zone

STORY: The team finally makes it inside Eggmans Final and most Powerful base. Tails now concludes that Eggman has been using the crystals to generate a beam powerful enough to destroy the planet. Thats why hes been after the crystals. The strange part is why would he want to destroy the planet he wants to rule over. There is more to this story as you go on.

Doomsday Asteroid Zone

STORY: The team finally thinks this is the end of Eggman, but they are wrong. Eggman flees into his ultimate ship. An asteroid. He plans to use the asteroid to crash deep into the cores planet. Tails now finally realizes that the crystals were not for the beam but to change the planet into whatever he wants by corrupting the crystals. It seems the crystals where what makes and changes the planet. The team must find Eggman before it's to late.

Dark Mobius Zone

STORY: The team fails to stop Eggman and Eggman has now changed the planet into his own liking. The team finds themselves back in Green Forest Zone now corrupted. In order to defeat Eggman they must get back to his fiery base.

World's Core Zone

STORY: At long last the team finally makes it to what was known as Fiery Factory. Now The Core of The planet Mobius and where Eggman has been. With the planet corrupted the core now has a low gravity. Sonic and Co. must defeat Eggman to rid the planet of the corruption, but to do that they must defeat Eggmans Giant Robot Once again. Just like in Egg Rock Zone.

I still laugh every time I read this entire thing. Gives me the feeling of nostalgia, reminding me of how I was at that time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast