Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Xtreme v2.0

Level

Lightbulb Sonic Xtreme v2.0

Who remembers the Xtreme Sonic character that wasn't complete garbage like every single other version for 2.0 that was in SonicFreak94's SRB2Xtreme.wad? Well guess what? Now you can play as him with out the crappy map and without Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and any additional character that you add in the game flipping out.

Xtreme's sprites are just like SRB2's Sonic sprites accept they're pre-rendered 3D sprites!

GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!

cAn YOU fEEl T h eSunshine?

Wow, he even has a super form, except not really!

Gotta go fast

Download pls:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/a2IeU2ju/Xtreme20.html

Level
    Aren't SRB2's original Sonic sprites modified from the XTreme sprites? Anyways giving this a download! Cool beans!

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex The Fox View Post
    Aren't SRB2's original Sonic sprites modified from the XTreme sprites?
    Yes, they actually were. Also, I should change his icon to a middle finger to get this thread more attention.

Level
    Haha, I've loaded the wad into the game. I'll tell you what I think when I'm done.

--Updated--

It's great! The sprites do have some loose pixels here and there, and XtremeSonic looks creepy when I use him as a bot in SRB2CB.

Level
    Ironic, I was just researching what actually happened to Sonic X-Treme and why development was cancelled. Nice wad too :U

Level
    Good job! Its great dude.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper the Fox View Post
    Ironic, I was just researching what actually happened to Sonic X-Treme and why development was cancelled. Nice wad too :U
    Have you heard of Tiara Boobowski, who was going to be one of the main protangonists of Sonic Xtreme? Someone was going to create a wad for her, but unfortunately, the project was cancelled... http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...?_sid=16718bc4

Level
    That's really disappointing, that reference looks awesome. ;~;

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamLarva View Post
    Have you heard of Tiara Boobowski, who was going to be one of the main protangonists of Sonic Xtreme? Someone was going to create a wad for her, but unfortunately, the project was cancelled... http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...?_sid=16718bc4
    Tiara is one of my favorite Sonic characters I've yet listed. Especially on my DA page.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper the Fox View Post
    That's really disappointing, that reference looks awesome. ;~;
    Well, according to this picture showing Tiara's game play, she obviously already has some finished sprites http://images.wikia.com/sonic/images...a_Gameplay.gif. If only we could find a sprite sheet for them somewhere then we could use those to create a wad for her. By the way, those sprites kind of look like a 3D model and not actually sprites. Maybe Sonic was the only one that used sprites in the game. Also, if you look at screenshots of the bosses Metal Sonic and Nack are gigantic compared to Sonic. I wonder if that had to do with the story of the game, or if it was just a glitch that the developers never fixed before the project was cancelled.

There's also these cool enemies named Chez and Gabby and sprites can be found for them here http://www.spriters-resource.com/oth...eme/index.html. Obviously they don't have all of the required sprites to be created into SRB2 character wads. So I was thinking that maybe you and myself could gather up some other people and start an SRB2 mod for Sonic X-treme since there's so much concept art and so many videos that we can reference from, despite the fact that the project was cancelled many years ago.

By the way, could either Sky, ShadowCM, or Steel Titanium edit the screenshots for this wad since they're so unnecessarily gigantic? Just make them as big as the SRB2_RAPE screenshots.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast