Thread: Sonic Lost World

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Level
    inb4 it acts like how gens does and only has 3D at certain parts briefly

Level
    ^Nah.

Also, a lot of info here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...m-mario-galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Some excerpts from IGN
    That ‘style’ basically removes Sonic from the constraints of a cohesive, grounded world design. Instead, players will find themselves twisting, turning and jumping along floating constructs suspended in mid-air. Levels are now informed by gameplay needs, with some stages focusing on slower speeds with more platforming, and others pushing players to run as fast as possible. Aesthetic ideas are now more free, ranging from the more idyllic, grassy settings of Wind Hill to something like Desert Ruins 1, which consists of cakes, cookies, donuts and all manners of candy. And just to throw a curveball, Desert Ruins 2 drops the sweets theme entirely, and features an entirely different gameplay style, opting for the ‘tunnel racing’ concept that Sonic games have used for decades. Of course, all of this works within Sonic’s typical level designs, which feature a wide range of branching paths and exploration options.

As mentioned, Sonic Team’s greatest challenge was maintaining a sense of speed for the series while finding controls that made sense. The result is now that, by default, Sonic doesn’t burst off with a tilt of the analog stick. He walks – until you use one of the GamePad’s triggers to engage his running speed. This too is actually not full speed. Holding down the second trigger will pull Sonic into a ball, giving him access to his full momentum, which Iizuka likened to the ‘Boost speed’ from previous titles. By creating a tiered structure to movement, Sonic Team is hoping players will be able to navigate the wide range of level designs, exploring and running as necessary.

That’s also where the Parkour system comes into play. “In previous 3D Sonic games, even if you're running through a level at top speed, if you hit an obstacle you stop instantly,” Iizuka explained. “To avoid this, we added a new action to keep Sonic running, even when you hit an obstacle. To make sure it only happens when you want it to, it's triggered by the player holding the run button.” Like any game, automating actions brings a certain risk, but doing nothing means Sonic games continue to run into a brick wall – literally in the case of gameplay.

Of course, there’s also the small matter of Lost World being a Wii U (and 3DS) exclusive. On Wii U, the GamePad is specifically used to activate various Wisp-based “Color Powers,” which feature touch-based controls and are mostly used to gain access to side paths and areas. The GamePad will also play a role in ‘Support Mode,’ which allows one player to use Wii U’s tablet to assist a second player who is controlling Sonic with a Wii remote and Nunchuck. Speaking of playing as Sonic, while the iconic hedgehog is the only character players will directly control, friends such as Tails, Knuckles and Amy will make appearances in the story.

The story itself is, as you’d expect, remarkably simple. Sonic is chasing his longtime foe, Eggman, and encounters a mysterious floating island known as “Lost Hex.” It’s here where Sonic will run across the “Deadly Six” that SEGA has already teased, and Iizuka noted these foes will bring a “sense of danger and humor” to the story.
    Basically: Less boost to win, more rolling to win, wisp powers are back, Sonic's the only playable character, two zones are confirmed: Wind Hill and Desert Ruins, and new controls and moves.

Also, why is this a SMG rip off. It's not even in SPACE now! It's on a FLOATING ISLAND (*cough*LikeAngelIsland*cough*)!
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    erm, how haven't you confirmed green hill zone bro, It's obviously in it.

Ewww only sonic again

WTF WISPS AGAIN?

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Teen Tails Aran View Post
    erm, how haven't you confirmed green hill zone bro, It's obviously in it.

Ewww only sonic again

WTF WISPS AGAIN?
    1. I thought that might've been a little redundant.

2. Meh.

3. Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level

Ew.

Level
    Wow, the 3DS version looks impressive and its in 3D and 2D which is good.
    And I am glad dimps isn't involved with the handheld version also so there could still be a possibility of supersonic in the DS version somehow.Also besides the fact that this is like SMG do you guys remember the rainbow star in that game and when touched mario has after images of himself well that kinda reminded me of that when sonic was doing the same in the video.
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperWind View Post
    Wow, the 3DS version looks impressive and its in 3D and 2D which is good.
    And I am glad dimps isn't involved with the handheld version also so there could still be a possibility of supersonic in the DS version somehow.Also besides the fact that this is like SMG do you guys remember the rainbow star in that game and when touched mario has after images of himself well that kinda reminded me of that when sonic was doing the same in the video.

Sonic had after images first

Go play Sonic Advance 2 again.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Teen Tails Aran View Post
    Sonic had after images first

Go play Sonic Advance 2 again.
    Maybe you should read my previous post again because I did say sonic had the images just like the Advance/Rush series -.-.
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    Wait, Sonic Xtreme, Super Mario Galaxy and Sonic Colors all together now?
    ...My brain hurts too much for me to be...Ow... <_>
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    Wait, Sonic Xtreme, Super Mario Galaxy and Sonic Colors all together now?
    ...My brain hurts too much for me to be...Ow... <_>
    I understand you. At least finally will test what would be "Sonic X-treme" with the engine (or similar) to Super Mario Galaxy, along with something that looks like the Wisps And a Sonic doing parkour.... Sega, you approached nearly Sonic X-Treme, but the rest ... let's say you went through the branches of Nintendo. Still, he should go to Nintendo, but I do not see good future. A new Sonic game, another disappointment.

PD: I like the 3DS version (:^D).
    I need friends… and a new computer D: .

http://www.leekspinner.com/