Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Skybase Weekly (Out of Print)

Level
    News Highlights week of 1/25 - 2/1

Once again we find ourselves at the end of another fine week, I hope it was grand for everyone, please enjoy Skybase Weekly Volume 31.

SRB2 News:
    The Applejack WAD was finally released after a long time in production, leaving only one more remake necessary before the Mane6 set is complete.

Sonic News:
    Our blue blur once again seems to be MIA this week

General News:
    An interesting discussion about scary dreams has been discussed over the past few days; it defiantly is something every member has at least one or two things to say about it.

Member News:
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    Badnik

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 12 "Pinkie Pride"
    Video of the Week: You've got mail

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Spambot#453
    You can get great wholesale prices by looking into directories and also sites when suppliers from China are contracted and listed. I think unfortunately, that's always been a danger, right. Though Conviction has its flaws you just can't underestimate it.

Level
    News Highlights week of 2/1 - 2/8

A mostly quiet week, for the most part, but that won't stop Volume 32 from coming out!

SRB2 News:
    Windy Mound! is a new WIP map by a cat, although some textures are in question.

Sonic News:
    Apparently according to Sonic Retro, Sonic Boom will not only be a Television show, but also a game similar to the Adventure series playstyle.
    A new Sonic Movie is scheduled to be made

General News:
    The Poke'Bank is finally out to the US, plenty of delay too
    A new Yoshi game is in development called "Yoshi's New Island"

Member News:
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    MECHA/METAL/SSONIC
    Uber-Dan
    Gen

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 13 "Simple Ways"
    Video of the Week: Wing Power

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week:Demnyx Onyxwing
    Pudding

Level
    News Highlights week of 2/8 - 2/15

Presidents day is coming up this Monday, meaning most of us should have that day off! Enjoy Volume 33 as well as your 3 day weekend.

SRB2 News:
    Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2 states that from now on, they will be hosting on Holidays!

Sonic News:
    TooFast4U (I got nothing this week)

General News:
    Demnyx Onyxwing has started a speedrun for Super Monkey Ball 2!
    Rex started an interesting Pokémon Journal this week that could prove promising if developed right.
    Flappy Birds, the popular mobile game, has been taken down from the app store by the owner, there are many rumors about this, so we don't have any solid facts for now. Although it has been replaced by clones on the app store, as well as an online MMO (thanks to Demnyx for that info)

Member News:
    Mr. Black had some computer problems this week, then he solved them.
    A reminder to members that we do still have Skybase groups such as the 3DS group just for things like Friend codes.
    This Weeks Birthdays:

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 14 "Filli Vanilli"
    Video of the Week: Another Donut

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Steam Chat
    Sky the Destroyer: You misspelled secret...
    ShadowCM: I swear officer, I'm not drunk!
    Sky the Destroyer: Sure.

Level
    News Highlights week of 2/15 - 2/22

Another week gone by, a moderately normal and boring one if you ask me. Did any of you have anything exciting recently? Either way, enjoy volume 34 for now!

SRB2 News:
    After a few problems among some members, akb's wads have been updated and also brought onto the Skybase Domain for direct download.

Sonic News:
    An interesting question has been in discussion this week about the car in the poster for Sonic Boom, rather it will be seen in the game or cartoon; be sure to place your opinion on this in the Sonic Boom thread, and maybe some thoughts of yours on the game, and cartoon in general.

General News:
    Apparently a Raving Rabbids movie is in the making, so the real question is, "Will we see Rayman at all, and if so will he play a role?"

Member News:
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    *SnowFlake*

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 15 "Twilight Time"
    Video of the Week: Pinkie feels it slipping

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week:Kods4
    I have no idea what to say ;_;

Level
    News Highlights week of 2/22 - 3/1

Busy busy, that's how this week feels for certain. Hopefully everyone can still make some time for volume 35!

SRB2 News:
    There was a small update to SRB2: New Horizons, showing it's still in the works
    A discussion about what happened to SRB2 for you has been created, please post on it about what you think has become of SRB2 in your opinion.
    akb778 updated his WAD collection with Derpy, he plans next to take on the CMC or Sunset Shimmer.

Sonic News:
    SAGE 2014 is out, meaning dozens of free fangames for all of us, from games made by the same guy that made Before/After the Sequel, to game that are still in development like SonicGDK

General News:
    Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are free until the end of March, read the thread by mazefire for more details.

Member News:
    The Active Members Poll for February is up, I apologize for it being late, please remember to cast your vote in there as soon as possible.
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    PKGamingZeta
    bolt tribal

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 16 "It Ain't Easy Being Breezies"
    Video of the Week: Top 10 Pony vids of Feb. 2014

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Skybase Chat - Demnyx Onyxwing
    I don't think it's healthy to be level 60 in an MMO in less than a day in-game time
    This week we have a couple more things to add to the Extra slot

Flappy Generator (credit to Fuzz)
    LINK

Video:
    Minigames are dangerous!

Level
    News Highlights week of 3/1 - 3/8

A quick, yet post filled week here at Skybase, enjoy volume 36 while the chaos unfolds!

SRB2 News:
    SRB2 2.1, the legend itself, will be released within the next 2 weeks (or so). All aboard the hype train!
    akb778 has put his Pony WAD's on hold until 2.1, incase of compatibility issues.

Sonic News:
    A lot of Sonic Boom discussion has been going on lately, be sure to put in your 2 cents on the matter ASAP

General News:
    A 3DS game has been discussed over the week, and despite the games adult nature, we want to remind everyone about rule 12 before they post there.
    A discussion as started about possible Skybase Contests and Prizes, as well as another of what Skybase vbPlaza items members would like to see.
    Soon the Wii, DS, and DSi online features will be gone, making it a sad day for SSBB and MKwii fans.

Member News:
    The Active Members Poll for February is still up, due to it being late, be sure to cast your vote ASAP.
    Skybase Rule #1 was updated earlier this week, more revisions may come later on to other rules.
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    GoldenSonic
    AirFox
    JTE

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 17 "Somepony to Watch Over Me"
    Video of the Week: One Day with Fluttershy

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Skybase Chat
    20:59
    *Rex The Kitsune has reached 1290 posts!*
    21:17
    *ShadowCM has reached 1980 posts!*

Level
    News Highlights week of 3/8 - 3/15

A very important week for Skybase and SRB2 as a whole, enjoy volume 37!

SRB2 News:
    SRB2 2.1 has been released today, the legend has come true and the servers are exploding, others although are waiting for the other hotfixes like 2.1.2 to come out! I hope to be hosting a dedicated server soon for the weekend.
    akb's Pony WAD's will be coming to 2.1 slowly with some minor changes for 2.1
    Zuper Sonic has been ported to 2.1
    I(ShadowCM) will be porting a few wad's to 2.1, depending on what can be fixed, and what even needs to be fixed.

Sonic News:
    Sonic Boom has some new concept art leaked of some original looking characters.

General News:
    SOPA is back, be sure to go sign the petition, see the thread by Steel Titanium for details.

Member News:
    The Skybase Groups will be cleaned out slightly,
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    Nitro the Hedgehog
    Naota The Hedgehog

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 18 "Maud Pie"
    Video of the Week: MLP - Make a Wish

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Skybase Thread - Submitted by request
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex the Kitsune
    CONS-
    1. New bosses that spam projectiles or clones of themselves at you
    2. mareathon levels
    3. overall difficulty
    4. some wads act strange but still work
    5. The Final boss makes you fly out of the arena if you get hit by his missle
    These are my opinions, but whatever.
    1. Oh no, difficulty added (because apparently challenges are a bad thing now)
    2. oh no, revamped stages that we can't beat in under a minute (that also look AMAZING; loving the slime thing, by the way).
    3. Practice, it's not even that big of a difficulty curve.
    4. They don't work because 2.1.X is an update
    5. You move a good distance, but not NEARLY enough to fly off the edge without standing right next to it.

Level
    News Highlights week of 3/15 - 3/22

A productive week to say the least, some on spring break, while others finish spring break, either way enjoy volume 38!

SRB2 News:
    SRB2 2.1 has received multiple hot-fixes over the week, we are currently at 2.1.4
    akb778 has released more 2.1 pony wads, expect a RainbowDash WAD in the future too!
    Rainbow "Dashy" Dash has requested some help on SRB2: New Horizons, if you can, please PM him if you feel you can help.
    R'D'D is working on a new level for the OLDC and as the Skybase's first Non-Ported 2.1 WAD!

Sonic News:
    An interesting discussion came over the last day or so over a rumor of Columbia Pictures making a Sonic movie, and despite it being a hoax, it would be an interesting thing to see in my opinion.
    Sonic Boom has some HUB World WIP footage (credit to Kods4 for the find)

General News:
    A Charlie Brown movie is supposedly being produced for 2015. Many members are estatic about this news.

Member News:
    The Active Members Poll for March is up, be sure to cast your vote ASAP
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    Stixter

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 19 "For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils"
    BONUS EPISODE: Season 1 Episode 10 "Winter Wrap Up"
    Video of the Week: Snowdrop

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: ShadowCM
    *placeholder* - posted at 11:59 PM on March 22, 2014
    MADE IT!!!

Level
    News Highlights week of 3/22 - 3/29

A fast week seemed to go by, so fast I forgot to put this up yesterday, sorry about that guys enjoy a late volume 39!

SRB2 News:
    Sonic Robo Blast 2 2.1.6 is the current version out as of today.
    Zuper Sonic has been ported from 2.0 to 2.1
    There have been many submissions to the Skybase WAD submission section, and please now we are carefully going through each one to see what we can pass. If you are unsure if your WAD is ready for submissions, you may always try out the WAD WIP section of the forums.
    A hangout/RP placeholder WAD called "PartyHouse" is in the WIP section, and will be worked on some more as time passes.
    akb778 and myself are both working on different pony WAD's for SRB2 so that we may help each other and double productivity, please do not badger akb778 or myself about the speed of which the WAD's get done, it does not speed anything up.

Sonic News:
    Some Zelda themes DLC was released this week for Sonic Lost World on Wii U for free, although it is short, I hear it is fun nontheless

General News:
    A Wii U discussion was started a few days ago, and has proven itself an interesting conversation for many views.

Member News:
    The Active Members Poll for March is almost over.
    A Poll about the Skybase Chatroom was brought up, and overall, aside from a few well though comments against it, everyone seems to like the chat as it is.
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    Francsisco_itu
    SonikkuAmerica
    Hazard

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 20 "Leap of Faith"
    Video of the Week: Rocks and Stuff

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Skybase Chatroom - Demnyx Onyxwing
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH *shot*

Level
    News Highlights week of 3/29 - 4/5

A fun week, many had a lot of fun with April Fools as well, anyway enjoy volume 40!

SRB2 News:
    Sonic Robo Blast 2 2.1.6 is the current version out as of today.
    Floral Road Zone 3- VS Devil Sonic was released last night by Rainbow"Dashy"Dash
    Rex as started working on a Tony the Clock WAD for SRB2 2.1
    Rex ported the Banana character WAD to 2.1
    Labyrinth Sonic was made for SRB2 by VirtualSonic43
    HMS123311 was ported to 2.1 (and made more OP) by Wolfy

Sonic News:
    Here is an interesting article that you all can view, please note, this opinions do not reflect us here at Skybase, it's just something we saw newsworthy. LINK

General News:
    April Fools day came upon us earlier this week, and many members had fun with the holiday.

Member News:
    This Weeks Birthdays:
    KitsuneFreak
    pie595

Pony News

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 21 "Testing Testing 1, 2, 3"
    Video of the Week: Want it, Need it (Dance with Me) [April Fools]

Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Quote of the Week: Skybase Chatroom - The Usual
    Rex The Kitsune : I am going to leave the site. For real this time.
    Kods4 : He'll be back in a few days...
    ShadowCM : See you in a few days Rex.
    Sky The Destroyer : Two days? Two days.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast