Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for an Epic Sonic game

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post
    Most modern media of any kind can be considered a "Rip off of someone else's idea" so STC, your argument is very invalid by now, especially since you have decided to bring up the same argument multiple times before.

Example:
    Pacific Rim is a rip off of Robo Tech
    Up is a rip off of Above Then Beyond
    Hunger Games is a rip off of Battle Royale
    The Saints Row and Mafia series' are ripping off GTA
    Super Mario Bros 2 rips off Doki Doki
    Every racing game ever rips off Pole Position
    Etc.
    Wait, what. I didn't even say anything.

Anyway, let's have a Sonic where we can feel like we're Sonic, actually going fast for once, quick-time events, and seeing how fast he really is, like a first person view or third it doesn't matter though, I want a Sonic game where he's actually fast.

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    That's exactly what I mean. SEGA should really try something different.
    Well I now agree with you.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by STCPhoton View Post
    Anyway, let's have a Sonic where we can feel like we're Sonic, actually going fast for once, quick-time events, and seeing how fast he really is, like a first person view or third it doesn't matter though, I want a Sonic game where he's actually fast.
    You are aware that if sonic were to truly go his supposed real speed (Mach 1-Mach 3) it would be near impossible to play due to the fact that 1 strait line for him would have to be a few hundred miles long just to last a few mere seconds in game. If anything Unleashed did the Sonic Speed effect the best for the most part (I've only played the Wii Version, but I hear the other versions have better controls). Not to mention if Sonic were to go his true speed through a realistically sized city, he would be turning, stopping, and turning around almost endlessly due to messing up a lot.

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TSDude View Post
    Well I now agree with you.
    Isn't Sonic Lost World something different? Yes there are Wisps, but aside from those you have a completely new enemy, a completely different move-set, and on top of that the story actually has depth (from what we've been told). So overall, other than the presence of the wisps physically, I do not see how Sonic Lost World isn't different.

Level
    SONIC RESCUES THE CHILI DOG
    THE ONE HE LEFT IN THE MYSTIC RUINS
    IT WILL BE LIKE A PUZZLE GAME
    LIKE, A SEQUEL TO THE BEST SONIC GAME EVER, SONIC LABYRINTH
    EXCEPT THIS TIME EGGMAN ATTACHED BOWLING BALLS TO SANIC'S SHOES
    AND EVERY TIME YOU JUMP YOU LOSE RINGS
    AND THERE'S LOTS OF PITS
    OH BY THE WAY
    SONIC WILL HAVE A NEW SIDEKICK: WIND THE HEDGEHOG
    HE'S LIKE SONIC EXCEPT WHITE, HE GOES TEN TIMES FASTER, AND CAN DESTROY EVERYTHING ON THE SCREEN WHEN YOU HOMING ATTACK
    HIS SUPER FORM IS ULTRAMEGA WIND AND HE CAN PICK UP MOUNTAINS AND THROW THEM
    BEST GAME IDEA EVAR

(I'm so sorry.)

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by STCPhoton View Post
    Wait, what. I didn't even say anything.

HERE YOU GO

Level
    To me personally, the best game in Sonic History is Sonic Nebulous 2.

If this video doesnt prove it try the game itself

Level
    Uh, Sonic Nebulous 2 is a FAN GAME. :I
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Level
    You are aware that if sonic were to truly go his supposed real speed (Mach 1-Mach 3) it would be near impossible to play due to the fact that 1 strait line for him would have to be a few hundred miles long just to last a few mere seconds in game. If anything Unleashed did the Sonic Speed effect the best for the most part (I've only played the Wii Version, but I hear the other versions have better controls). Not to mention if Sonic were to go his true speed through a realistically sized city, he would be turning, stopping, and turning around almost endlessly due to messing up a lot.

- - - - - - - - - -

Isn't Sonic Lost World something different? Yes there are Wisps, but aside from those you have a completely new enemy, a completely different move-set, and on top of that the story actually has depth (from what we've been told). So overall, other than the presence of the wisps physically, I do not see how Sonic Lost World isn't different.
    Did you really think that's what I meant?
    The game isn't going to have the stupid layout it these new sonic games have , instead, the levels would be purely made of fast, creative, and bright worlds, there would be, as I said before, quick-time events that would obviously slow you down so you can get through obstacles, Paths, etc. The game would be made with Unreal Engine, since that's the only one capable of doing that, There would be no cities, only worlds, maybe a dimension that would have certain levels, worlds, and hubs.
    Sonic shouldn't be limited to kids, but creative and open-minded people who can see what the games need if Sonic wants to be called the 'Blue Blur' or Sonic entirely.
    There would be no stupid blue boost, instead an actual Sonic BOOM, filled with the air splitting apart and the quick cloud that forms around him.
    Eggman would not be the villain in this one, instead a new threat, with a creative plot device, one that can really put you on the edge of your seat.

Oh and on top of that, Lost Worlds is really just Generations but even shorter, Sonic has mood swings, The fact that the Zetis literally disappear from the scene is really sucky, and on top of THAT, Eggman is once again the enemy. I've watched the cutscenes, I felt like I was watching an episode of Sonic X, it's too goofy and is really meant for kids, go buy it if you want to, I'm not stopping you, I'm just telling you the facts.

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    I was actually agreeing to the idea of a cyberspace theme. I know that SLW is different.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    Uh, Sonic Nebulous 2 is a FAN GAME. :I
    Although this thread is for ideas of what makes a Sonic game better, so he is properly contributing his ideas, or rather, what he would like to see happen.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex The Kitsune View Post
    SONIC RESCUES THE CHILI DOG
    THE ONE HE LEFT IN THE MYSTIC RUINS
    IT WILL BE LIKE A PUZZLE GAME
    LIKE, A SEQUEL TO THE BEST SONIC GAME EVER, SONIC LABYRINTH
    EXCEPT THIS TIME EGGMAN ATTACHED BOWLING BALLS TO SANIC'S SHOES
    AND EVERY TIME YOU JUMP YOU LOSE RINGS
    AND THERE'S LOTS OF PITS
    OH BY THE WAY
    SONIC WILL HAVE A NEW SIDEKICK: WIND THE HEDGEHOG
    HE'S LIKE SONIC EXCEPT WHITE, HE GOES TEN TIMES FASTER, AND CAN DESTROY EVERYTHING ON THE SCREEN WHEN YOU HOMING ATTACK
    HIS SUPER FORM IS ULTRAMEGA WIND AND HE CAN PICK UP MOUNTAINS AND THROW THEM
    BEST GAME IDEA EVAR

(I'm so sorry.)

- - - - - - - - - -

HERE YOU GO

No, I don't want Nintencrap, the fact that those springs make up most of the level is sad, Lost Worlds got a 6 on GameTrailers, don't want a sucky game, and last but not least, I want a REAL game.

Sorry, but no thank you.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast