Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for an Epic Sonic game

Level

Ideas for an Epic Sonic game

Okay, I really haven't liked any sonic games recently other than Generations due to that Unleashed feel to it. I only wish that it could have been better, I know Sonic could do better than what's been going on for the past couple years.

Post your ideas here.

1. I personally think it needs Explosions. Like in the Opening of Sonic Heroes when Sonic, Knuckles and Tails grinded on rails and stuff escaping the explosion.

Level
    Explosions? Mkay.

Husbando to a special kitty~♥

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnyx Onyxwing View Post
    Explosions? Mkay.
    Amazing.

Level
    In short, I think Sonic needs a real storyline once again. Yea, he's rated "E" but some of these villains are so ridiculous, I think Classic Sonic would be laughing his ass off more than seeing them as a real threat. Heck I remember that idea Rex tossed out months ago, and I think that'd be something awesome to see become an official SEGA game (although I know it will never be one)

Level
    The Sinister Six or whatever looked too cartoony to be considered dangerous. I'll take enemies that look like Black Doom more serious.

Level
    A Sonic game, needs to be serious and involve a lot of character development instead of some adventures being too "kiddy" adventures from the others' views of some the Sonic games, such as the characters growing up from their problems to give a character change. Tails from Sonic Adventure for example, realizes that he can't depend on Sonic forever. Another Example is that Shadow gets over his past and never goes on about it again. Another thing we need for a Sonic game is that it anime styled cut scenes, either Sonic OVA styled, Riders or X styled. The new Sonic game also needs a lot of elements such as conflict, death and consequence.

The fans also seem often unappreciated with Knuckles appearing in new Sonic games without a reason so Knuckles needs to have a LEGIT appearance by involving something about the Angel Island or whatever happened to the Master Emerald because he's a Guardian of the Master Emerald. Metal Sonic needs to be semi bosses until you fight Eggman next and Metal being a semi-final boss until at the final boss, you face Eggman next.

Plus we need Chao Garden back with the same features from Sonic Adventure & Sonic Adventure 2 and with new Chao Garden features. We also need plants to come out of robots every time you destroy them. Mostly, the new Sonic game should be NO Wisps in it as it's getting a bit too recycled. It should also have easy, normal and hard difficulties so the new Sonic game would be easier for those who are beginners at Sonic games (Yeah I know I was thinking of Metroid Zero Mission's difficulties since that game is beginner friendly that it's way easy by easy, even normal is a little easy. Hard is normal mode.) even though we already have Tails for that because of his Tail flight.

If 2 player or 4 player co-op, I prefer a splitscreen and with a optional radar indicating where your partner is so you won't even get lost nor get left away from the player 1's screen so that way it'll be easier to play Sonic & Tails too. The game should actually have cut scene then action stage then cut scene then action stage and repeat progress. It needs online multiplayer too so you can play any mode or even story mode together.

3rd Party SEGA characters would only be in modes that are for multi player and may be in Single player modes only as bonus characters that you'd unlock. Doesn't affect the game's story or anything. Just bonus characters.

The other characters than Sonic, Tails, Knuckles & Amy need to be really having their legit appearance too if they're gonna be in there and probably Mighty The Armadillo & Fang The Sniper back too. No wait the writers would just screw them over if they came back. I don't know for sure, but it feels like it.

This is what I mean by how SEGA/Sonic Team should set the Sonic characters' roles right

How to make sonic characters fufill their legit roles

1. Always make Sonic the main hero
    2. Make Tails follow Sonic whenever Sonic needs Tails.
    3. Set Eggman as the very main villain.
    4. Set Metal Sonic as the another antagonist whenever Eggman needs him.
    4. Involve Knuckles in if something happens to the Master Emerald.
    5. Involve Amy Rose in there if she's looking for Sonic.
    6. Involve Rouge if she's actually hunting jewels and doing only whatever's necessary to hunt down jewels.
    7. Involve Shadow if the plot explains that he gets orders from G.U.N (There are really no signs of him quitting since Sonic 06.
    8. Involve Silver if depending on the plot that is about the future being in danger because he protects the future.
    9. Involve the Chaotix in if in the plot, they recieve another mission to just get...Paid.
    10. Involve the animals/plants being shoved into robots.
    11. Involve a problem only for true final boss that can only be solved by using...CHAOS EMERALDS!
    12. Slap Super Sonic in there after step 11.
    13. Make a epic and NOT overused theme for Super Sonic (There are actually 11 His World variants if you count the E3, WIP, Event: Sonic Appears, Sad version, Wishing Upon the emeralds, Solaris Phase 2, Instrumental verse from Ali Tabatabaee & Matty Lewis, Instrumental chorus from Ali Tabatabaee & Matty Lewis, and unused original speed up of 06.)
    14. Have Sonic run back to everybody, then the chaos emeralds will glow and float around in circles out of his hands and fly away in a flashing light.
    15. Make Sonic runs off with Tails following him then he jumps off a cliff striking a pose in mid air until the cut scene ends there as the animation freezes.
    16. BAM! Credits for all the hard work.

But those many characters don't really need to be added in if it's just gonna be Sonic, Tails, Knuckles & Amy. Sonic shouldn't exceed their performance abilities if there needs to be a reason to make them playable because otherwise Sonic can dig and no one would need to play as Knuckles to dig. If we need NOT a Sonic game that is mainly about Sonic this time, then we need other characters to be main characters as Sonic as he's always been the main character a bit too much so that the other Sonic characters would have their own game.

For Silver The Hedgehog game, I'd say the game's engine should be based only on his abilities and by making it fun to play around with.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    instead of some adventures being too "kiddy" adventures from the others' views of some the Sonic games
    What? Ha! Too kiddy?! Sonic games were initially meant for kids anyway in fact they still are. It just that some people over the "kiddy" age happen to like it.

conflict, death and consequence.
    I'm not sure if death should be a theme that is often presented, after all Sonic is supposed to be a light (as in not heavily violent influenced) anime/game.

Metal Sonic needs to be semi bosses until you fight Eggman next and Metal being a semi-final boss until at the final boss, you face Eggman next.
    That would instantly get tiring if overdone in the Sonic games. As it would become 'annoyingly repetitive', it was nice in the classic Sonic games.

We also need plants to come out of robots every time you destroy them.
    Just like Sonic CD.

Mostly, the new Sonic game should be NO Wisps in it as it's getting a bit too recycled.
    "Too recycled!" That's a bit of a exaggeration as they were only used three times and wisps were loved by a lot of Sonic fans, that's why they were brought back.

This is what I mean by how SEGA/Sonic Team should set the Sonic characters' roles right

How to make sonic characters fufill their legit roles

1. Always make Sonic the main hero - Ok.

2. Make Tails follow Sonic whenever Sonic needs Tails. - Overused

3. Set Eggman as the very main villain. - That would become boring in future as Eggman is often the main villain.

8. Involve Shadow if the plot explains that he gets orders from G.U.N There are really no signs of him quitting since Sonic 06. - That's ok I guess.

9. Involve Silver if depending on the plot that is about the future being in danger because he protects the future. - Hm... Maybe, maybe not?

10. Involve the Chaotix in if in the plot, they recieve another mission to just get...Paid. - M'kay?!

11. Involve the animals/plants being shoved into robots. - Meh...

12. Involve a problem only for true final boss that can only be solved by using...CHAOS EMERALDS! - That will become boring and Super Saiyan-Animal-Godmod-like.

14. Have Sonic run back to everybody, then the chaos emeralds will glow and float around in circles out of his hands and fly away in a flashing light. - That seems kind of "kiddy" for someone who gives the impression that they do not like "kiddy" stuff.

15. Make Sonic run off with Tails following him then he jumps off a cliff striking a pose in mid air until the cut scene ends there as the animation freezes. - Huh?
    I edited the spoiler above ^_^

I hope I didn't sound like a jerk.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    KitsuneFreak, would it be okay if I linked my old idea thread?

That little country hidden on the left of Spain that no one cares about. a.k.a Portugal
    Level
    I kind of disagree on some ideas Maze posted.
    Sonic was never made to be overly serious and dark with a developed plot, sure, that was good the first few times (SA2), but then it got boring and stupid (looks at Shadow (the game) and '06).
    Personally, I think the story in Sonic games is the least you should worry about, it's a platformer, not an RPG!
    For me, as long as the game doesn't focus on story/character development and focuses instead on the gameplay itself, I'm fine.

*le burp*

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TSDude View Post
    What? Ha! Too kiddy?! Sonic games were initially meant for kids anyway in fact they still are. It just that some people over the "kiddy" age happen to like it.
    Look, I'm not saying I see Sonic games are too "kiddy". It's just that I THINK the others are seeing Sonic games as too kiddy...

I'm not sure if death should be a theme that is often presented, after all Sonic is supposed to be a light (as in not heavily violent influenced) anime/game.
    We know that Sonic IS meant for kids ever since Sonic originally was gonna have a girlfriend named Modonna in development of Sonic 1, but got scrapped along with other ideas that was gonna be in the story like such as Sonic being in a rock band. She got scrapped because of Madeline Schroeder because wanted to "soften" Sonic for children and foreign countries, because she thought it was too "japanese". Madonna can really easily be considered another Pauline from the original Mario game, Donkey Kong. Madonna WAS originally gonna chase Sonic around like Amy Rose too but we still have Amy for that anyways. But maybe SEGA needs to make another rated T or finally a rated M Sonic game if they're gonna go for death since they HAD to turn the Black Creature's blood to green in Shadow The Hedgehog and rate it to E10...

That would instantly get tiring if overdone in the Sonic games. As it would become 'annoyingly repetitive', it was nice in the classic Sonic games.
    Good point. But I mean that the Metal Sonic semi-bosses ideas would only be used in just about ONE Modern Sonic game, no wait Sonic 4 Episode II already done that...Since Death Egg MK II Act 1.

Just like Sonic CD.
    Then do the fans love to see animals getting out of robots better? Or do they want to see plants coming out of robots better?

"Too recycled!" That's a bit of a exaggeration as they were only used three times and wisps were loved by a lot of Sonic fans, that's why they were brought back.
    Maybe you haven't heard the news, but...Read this interview. http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/08/...uka-interview/ Scroll down until you see the question asked about whether Sonic Lost World was built around the wisps. Takashi Lizuka answered that they're intending to carry on integrating the color powers for Sonic games in the future. I feel that's gonna be overused in the future, even though at least the wisps been dragged in 3 times...

I edited the spoiler above ^_^

I hope I didn't sound like a jerk.
    1. Because Sonic's always the main hero...A bit too much. Unless if SEGA decides to add main characters other than Sonic.

2. Then who else is always gonna follow Sonic around and help him as a sidekick? That's what Tails is for, I know but really used a lot.

3. Well he's already been the main villain in a LOT of Sonic games. I think SEGA/Sonic Team were just running out of ideas for new villains being main and just always slap Eggman in there as the main villain.

9. In Sonic 06, he only time traveled just to fix the future. :I

10. I can tell by that reaction of yours, maybe adding Chaotix in was a bit...Too out of place or something? No wait, actually not a lot of people cares about the Chaotix anymore. I like the Chaotix though, but I don't know why doesn't the Chaotix get any a lot of fan praise and stuff as much as Sonic or any other video game/anime character gets.

11. Maybe BOTH animals and plants shoved into robots? No wait how does that even work? I prefer plants.

12. Man, good point. I didn't realize this when I was too busy posting this in around 2:00 AM in the morning when I'm still sleepy that I didn't think it through again. But yeah adding a problem that can only be solved by Chaos Emeralds is WAY too overused.

14. Kiddy? I don't see anything kiddy about it...

15. Think about Sonic's story ending in Sonic Adventure. He jumped off a cliff while striking a pose and then the screen freezes until it fades into the credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kods4 View Post
    I kind of disagree on some ideas Maze posted.
    Sonic was never made to be overly serious and dark with a developed plot, sure, that was good the first few times (SA2), but then it got boring and stupid (looks at Shadow (the game) and '06).
    Personally, I think the story in Sonic games is the least you should worry about, it's a platformer, not an RPG!
    For me, as long as the game doesn't focus on story/character development and focuses instead on the gameplay itself, I'm fine.
    Kods, I don't mean JUST focusing on the story/character development. I also mean focusing on the gameplay too. I didn't say it would be an RPG either. Sure it'd really be very nice and neat to have exactly everything made, have a lot of development into it but think about Digimon Adventures...

One friend of mine said that it has some kind of "kiddy" adventures which I don't really think it's THAT kiddy, which that statement make me think that other people see Digimon Adventures Seasons 1 & 2 kiddy. Digimon Tamers on the other hand, that people like the most out of every other Digimon season. It's the 3rd season that featured a lot of elements such as conflict, death and consequence. Heck I already watched like 8 episodes and it seems very great so far. Digimon Frontier gets a lot more serious in later episodes. Digimon Xros Wars/Fusion seems good so far, but I think I feel that there's some things about it...I don't know, maybe out of place or something else wrong with that anime?

I think a lot of people out there like serious and dark plots for some reason. Also, the Sonic fans...I don't know, but if there's anything I can say since I remember one of them bashing on Sonic Colors' jokes such as Rogerregorroger, they don't like many jokes that are used in Sonic Colors even though the cut scenes EXPLAINED the jokes. Roger DOES like the food jokes in Sonic Lost World, but he doesn't like other jokes from Sonic games. I don't see food jokes being all that funny.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast