Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DS emulator lag help!

Level

DS emulator lag help!

Okay this thread is maybe a sequel to my PC problems about the laptop blacking out from overheat, but since my battery is damaged up again due to me leaving it charged for so long whenever it's already at 100% while I was asleep and forgot to unplug it or I thought I can stay awake until I unplug it, my laptop doesn't seem to be doing that anymore. My dad did replace my laptop processor with something better and faster though, but since I forgot to ask whether he was cleaning my laptop or not, I opened DeSmuME just to play Megaman Star Force Leo and Dragon Ball Origins 2 until it still lags from heating up so much. Is there any way to fix it? Why does it lag everytime when my laptop heats up a little too much? It's almost like the same similar problem to my Terraria except my Terraria only lags when I charge my battery (Yes I remember my other games lagging when my dad got me the new battery before I had it damaged). Also, I only posted a thread about this is because I can't respond to old threads due to rules of the forum, so I couldn't post about it there. Maybe might as well merge it?

NOTE: The DeSmuME version I'm using is 0.9.9 x86 bit.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    Okay this thread is maybe a sequel to my PC problems about the laptop blacking out from overheat, but since my battery is damaged up again due to me leaving it charged for so long whenever it's already at 100% while I was asleep and forgot to unplug it or I thought I can stay awake until I unplug it, my laptop doesn't seem to be doing that anymore. My dad did replace my laptop processor with something better and faster though, but since I forgot to ask whether he was cleaning my laptop or not, I opened DeSmuME just to play Megaman Star Force Leo and Dragon Ball Origins 2 until it still lags from heating up so much. Is there any way to fix it? Why does it lag everytime when my laptop heats up a little too much? It's almost like the same similar problem to my Terraria except my Terraria only lags when I charge my battery (Yes I remember my other games lagging when my dad got me the new battery before I had it damaged). Also, I only posted a thread about this is because I can't respond to old threads due to rules of the forum, so I couldn't post about it there. Maybe might as well merge it?

NOTE: The DeSmuME version I'm using is 0.9.9
    It sounds like that laptop is on it's last leg. I don't really know how to help.
    Plus, it takes some major processing power to run DS games, even if your computer didn't heat up.

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Just use No$GBA... (with the No$Zoomer)

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    My problems with DS games is the actual coding of the games compared to the PC, this seems to happen to me on multiple PC's (including ones I use for HL2 and L4D2 on max settings), but if you claim it worked before you had you dad do all this to your computer, then I think your problem is based somewhere with the processor or something related to it or this event.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex The Kitsune View Post
    It sounds like that laptop is on it's last leg. I don't really know how to help.
    Plus, it takes some major processing power to run DS games, even if your computer didn't heat up.
    Oh...That makes so much sense. It takes up a lot of CPU too. DeSmuME seems only best for graphics and features.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Dude View Post
    Just use No$GBA... (with the No$Zoomer)
    I do have it too, but the thing is...Some roms don't work on it because games like Dragon Ball Origins 2 or Megaman Star Force 3 Black Ace doesn't let you proceed to the gameplay after you're chosen to select New Game. Yet DeSmuME only lets that work. Does that mean I need a new bios/firmware or something?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post
    My problems with DS games is the actual coding of the games compared to the PC, this seems to happen to me on multiple PC's (including ones I use for HL2 and L4D2 on max settings), but if you claim it worked before you had you dad do all this to your computer, then I think your problem is based somewhere with the processor or something related to it or this event.
    That's one of the possibilities of this. As much as I don't know much about processors, all I can say is that maybe there really is something related to that processor that gave the problem. High processors aren't the only thing that makes computers high end right? Well, ain't the better processor not enough either...? I think there might be other things that makes a computer high end.

Level
    I know that none of the information that I post answers your question however...
    Why not buy the DS games? You said before that you have a 3ds right?

Edit: Also DS games should be pretty cheap now :/

Level
    I know that none of the information that I post answers your question however...
    Why not buy the DS games? You said before that you have a 3ds right?

Edit: Also DS games should be pretty cheap now :/
    1. I'm poor.
    2. Only my dad knows how to drive and he's been too busy taking care of the house and all, so he won't often go to the stores as much.
    3. It's gonna take time to get enough money for video games, even when ordering one online like Ebay and such (Atleast I waited long enough for my SADX Gamecube).
    4. I don't have a job nor a part-time job, I'm 14. I don't know how old anyone needs to be to have a part-time job.
    5. I don't know if my mom has a job at all much either. My dad even gets money from his bank account too as well.

Level
    I don't have a job either and I'm 16 so instead I save up some of my lunch money. (Took me 6 months or a little more to get my 3ds that way) I usually save up £15 a week (I may skip lunch sometimes ), that's how I buy my kekfast (a bowl of milk and some kek threads) videos games and consoles.

Level
    I don't have a job either and I'm 16 so instead I save up some of my lunch money. (Took me 6 months or a little more to get my 3ds that way) I usually save up £15 a week (I may skip lunch sometimes ), that's how I buy my kekfast (a bowl of milk and some kek threads) videos games and consoles.
    My Mom stores my money electronically and my school pulls it out of the account when I order.
    Stupid technological advancements. >:L

Level
    How did you gain your lunch money? Allowance or something? o - o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast