Thread: Zuper Sonic (Update 1)

1. Zuper Sonic (Update 1) Details »

Zuper Sonic (Update 1)

Developer Last Online: Jun 2015
      Category: [Character] SRB2 Version: v2.1.x   Rating:  (1 votes - 4.00 average)
      Submitted: March 16th, 2014  
      WAD File Contains Lua Character(s)

Hello guys, Dimpsy Boots here (Otherwise known as Sargent Dimpsy/Sargent Virtual) and I'm back with a character port of 1.0 which was ported to 2.0.

srb20000_zps3864b283.png

Yes ladies and gentlemen, the guy that didn't have anything to do with the original Zuper Sonic (that would be me), but did import him into 2.0 (with a little help of friends), has brought him back for another go in 2.1!
      He's back and better than ever... well slightly.
      I modified the guy just a little bit more to be properly optimized for 2.1's new system.

srb20001_zpsb015ad40.png

I also modified it to where he can change colors now!
      I do give full credits to the original creator of this WAD, and hope you guys have fun with him.
      I also hope to be able to port a few more character WADs and maybe a few new WADs to go along with them.

srb20005_zps59882682.gif

Anyways, have fun!

Update 1 (4.24.14)
      - Zuper can now run on water due to him being an originally 1.0 character.
      - Can curl back into a ball when falling.
      - Refined him as a whole.
      - Signpost and Life Monitor actually fixed up (Hey don't look at me, this was the first WAD I did for 2.1 I didn't know that shit got changed around).

Downloads

Additional Notes

• Please be mindful of using other people's works. If the modification is not marked as "Re-usable Content", ask the developer for permission before using their work in your mod.

Level
    Welcome to Releases.

Level
    My opinion on this is exactly as it was before.

I don't know what exactly this guy's "legacy" is, but it's gotta be something for you to actually port it over. In all seriousness, this is a classic example of the average SRB2 recolor. The fact that you can literally separate the MS paint from the original sprite itself is ridiculous and really makes me wonder what people saw in this. Hell, HMS123311 is more redeemable in terms of overall quality than this wad is, and that was a joke wad. I honestly wonder why exactly people thought this was even worthy of a port, cause at this point in time I'd thought everyone was already blessed with the knowledge of what a proper character wad looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Lua (/ˈluːə/LOO-ə, from Portuguese: lua[ˈlu.(w)ɐ] meaning moon; explicitly not "LUA")
    Currently working on:
    HMS123311: Remastered - v1.2 Update
    SRB2 TopDown
    SRB2 Kart

Level
    Well since this finally got into the releases, I may update the WAD a little more to be a lot more refined.
    And no, this is not my quality of work, and yes I did fuck up on saying this WAD has legacy at all. And from what I can tell, this was also a joke WAD, due to the overall name and all that shit.
    Honestly I only ported this guy over because why not, and to kinda get myself started on porting back 2.0 wads into 2.1, but now I know a little lua scripting so the next two WADs I plan to post here are gonna utilize that to as much extent as I can at the moment.

However, I do hope you guys like this port of a port, and I may make a few more. Hell, the next big WAD I wanna post is gonna be a port (albeit, I modified the WAD by a lot). Another WAD I have planned is a joke WAD.

- - - - - - - - - -

Finally updated Zuper, do redownload please.