Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SkyLua v7.0.1

1. SkyLua v7.0.1 Details »

SkyLua v7.0.1

Developer Last Online: Mar 2024
      SRB2 Version: v2.1.x   Rating:  (2 votes - 5.00 average)
      Submitted: April 28th, 2014  
      WAD File Contains Lua
      Re-usable Content Contains SOC Changes Graphics  

Welcome to SkyLua, my Lua modification!

General features

• Pressing spin while in midair makes your character spin back into their jumping states, allowing you to use your ability and hit enemies and monitors once again.
      • Running off an edge will put you into your falling states.
      • You can instantly charge your spindash in your super form and with speed sneakers.
      • You can run on water with speed shoes.
      • Thokking and spindashing will produce cool afterimages.
      • Rings won't fly farther and farther every time you get hit.
      • Every character, including Tails, Knuckles, and all other custom characters can go super in Coop/SP.
      • The Explosion Ring firing delay is the 2.0.x firing delay.
      • Press and hold Custom Button 3 to pull up the SkyLua menu, where you can see most of this stuff in-game easily.

Commands

• getemeralds: awards the Chaos Emeralds. In Single Player and Coop, this will give Player 1 the Chaos Emeralds since they are shared. In Match/CTF, this will give out the Match/CTF Chaos Emeralds. You can optionally specify a node to give the emeralds to if you wish. Requires admin.
      • forcesuper: transforms yourself into your super form. In Multiplayer, this will affect everyone. Also awards 50 rings upon transformation. Note: you must still have the Chaos Emeralds to actually transform. You can optionally specify a node to force super if you wish. Requires admin.
      • playtime <seconds/minutes/hours/all>: displays the amount of time you have been in-game. You can optionally specify it to be displayed in only seconds, minutes, or hours, or even all at once.
      • abilityui <on/off>: toggles the Custom Button 1 and ability text on/off.
      • compactui <on/off>: turns on/off the compact ability UI for those who want a minimal ability UI.
      • abilitylock <on/off>: if turned on, you cannot use the Shield abilities or the Super Nuke ability. Requires admin.
      • spawnmobj <mobj> <x offset> <y offset> <z offset> <x momentum> <y momentum> <z momentum> <scale> <times>: spawns a mobj at your location with optional offsets, scale, and how many times you want to spawn the object. The only required parameter is mobj; all the rest can be left blank. Requires admin.
      • movemap <mapnum>: move to another map while retaining your Chaos Emeralds and score. Requires admin, of course.

Power-up Abilities

Elemental Shield
      • The Custom Button 1 ability underwater is Swim Ascend, which slightly boosts the player upwards, and creates a bubble underneath. Cooldown: none.
      • Pressing Custom Button 1 while running on water activates Water Dash, which boosts the player forward. Cooldown: none.
      • On land, holding down custom button 1 charges Burst Step, which boosts you forward with an explosive burst of speed, damaging nearby players and enemies with fire. Cooldown: 30 seconds. Fire Trail is activated during the cooldown time, which creates a trail of fire underneath your character automatically when you move.
      • You can run on water with the Elemental Shield.

Whirlwind Shield

• Pressing Custom Button 1 charges Vertical Lift, which lifts you spinning in the air with a 20 second cooldown.
      • You get 20% more jump height with the Whirlwind shield.
      • You won't skid with the Whirlwind Shield.

Force Shield

• Pressing Custom Button 1 will charge the Telekinesis ability, which pushes away nearby enemies and throws other players around you up into the air. Cooldown: 25 seconds.
      • If you get hit with the Force Shield, you will be prevented from getting hit backwards once. Afterwards, your Telekinesis ability strength will be doubled, but with half the reach.

Attraction Shield

• Pressing Custom Button 1 will charge Magnet Pull, which attracts enemies and pulls other nearby players inwards towards you and, if they're pretty close to you, it'll also pull them towards the ground. Cooldown: 25 seconds.

Armageddon Shield

• Pressing Custom Button 1 charges Bomb Toss, which will toss a bomb into the air that will explode immediately upon it touching the ground. You will not be hurt by the flames if you have an Armageddon or Elemental Shield, but you will be knocked back on contact. Cooldown: 40 seconds.

Pity Shield

• Pressing Custom Button 1 charges Retreat Leap, which allows you to retreat backwards into the air, even if you're in air already. Free jump! Cooldown: 10 seconds.

Fire Flower

• Pressing Custom Button 1 charges Flame Drop, which drops a line of fire from the sky in front of you for 20 seconds. Cooldown: 45 seconds.

Super Form Abilities

• In your super form, you can have multiability, meaning you can thok more than once in midair and glide more than once!
      • Chaos Emeralds appear around you while you're transformed for an awesome effect in your super form, and slightly fade away in first person mode so you can aim in Match and CTF. You may adjust how this transparency works in the SkyLua menu.
      • Running and jumping will produce more super sparks for more awesome effects!
      • Pressing Custom Button 1 activates Super Nuke, which unleashes a powerful blast that shakes the whole level. Cooldown in SP/Coop: 1 minute. Cooldown in Match/CTF: 2 minutes.

Additional Details

• Hitting a 1up monitor will reset your ability cooldown.
      • Hitting a Recycle Monitor will reset everyone's ability cooldown.
      • Gaining rings will reduce your ability cooldown ever so slightly.
      • Hitting a Super Ring monitor will cut your ability cooldown down by 1/10.
      • These cooldown reductions do not apply when you're super.

Extra Abilities
      • bunnyhop <on/off>: the Bunny Hop! Running around with this enabled will make you hop around like a bunny!
      • missile <on/off>: the Missile Maker! Pressing custom button 2 while enabled will spawn a missile above you. If you're in the air, you will grab onto the missile immediately.
      • statsrandomizer <on/off>: the Stats Randomizer! With this enabled, go into the SkyLua menu > Extra Abilities > Stats Randomizer and into the Stats Randomization menu to randomize your stats. The more rings you consume with it, the better stats you'll get.
      • noflash <on/off>: No Flash! With this enabled, you'll have no invincibility time after you get hit!
      • dietele <on/off>: Die Teleport! With this enabled, when anyone dies, everyone's positions will be scrambled (basically activates the Teleporter monitor effect everytime someone dies).

Well, I hope you have fun with SkyLua! The main download is below, along with some brief GIFs.

GIFs

WAD File MD5: 9C884BE9527742D4E541FC3A55B2FBA6

Downloads

Additional Notes

• Please be mindful of using other people's works. If the modification is not marked as "Re-usable Content", ask the developer for permission before using their work in your mod.

Level
    Oh cool. I might try this out later. I think that there should be a command to limit those extra console commands to server admins only, though.
    <Rob> i'll fangle your dangle

Level
    Update v2.0!
    • Fixed a bug where Knuckles and Tails would produce afterimages.
    • Added special shield abilities! More info in the first post.
    • Removed the custom console commands for balance. They're in comments, so remove the comments if you want to mess around with them.

Download in the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    Hope you don't mind that I ripped the underwater music thing and put it into a pack I use. Not going to release it, though.

Husbando to a special kitty~♥

Level
    Update v2.1.

Fixed a bug with the Elemental Shield custom ability crashing the Lua.

Level
    You should make the rings (Including Weapon Rings) change colour (Like changing the character colour).
    SRB2 Name: Professor-Hedgehog
    SRB2 Server Name: The Professor's Lab
    SRB2 Projects:
    S1RB (Sonic 1 Mod - Reboot)

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by XXGhostTheHedgehogXX View Post
    You should make the rings (Including Weapon Rings) change colour (Like changing the character colour).
    That was a soc back in 2.0, so making something like it is easily possible, rather Sky implements it or not is a different story.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCM View Post
    That was a soc back in 2.0, so making something like it is easily possible, rather Sky implements it or not is a different story.
    I know, I didn't have any ideas. Well apart for another... The elemental shield should boost but quickly drains away rings...
    SRB2 Name: Professor-Hedgehog
    SRB2 Server Name: The Professor's Lab
    SRB2 Projects:
    S1RB (Sonic 1 Mod - Reboot)

Level
    Hey i got idea of make a railrings mode which turn every weapon rings into rail rings
    Amateur of wading,drawing and Match

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by XXGhostTheHedgehogXX View Post
    I'll try and see if I can do that, and if it's feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkower8181 View Post
    Hey i got idea of make a railrings mode which turn every weapon rings into rail rings
    Interesting idea, actually. Maybe not the exact idea you have, but I can build off of it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast