Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric & Shattered Crystal

Level

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric & Shattered Crystal

Here is the official game release discussion thread. Game's out tomorrow, so post any thoughts about the games here.

Level
    So apparently Sega didn't provide reviewers with copies of both titles in advance so they could only reviewing once the game was released, both titles have horrible scores so far.
    I don't blame the reviewers who graded this game or the 3DS version if anything...to much homing attacking and constant use of springs, every time you'd reach a decent amount of speed you'd end up running into a chain of 3 or 4 springs I mean this game is a mess, and the amount of pixels aren't doing me good as well.
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    ...And we will also note that other characters are basically useless because they are all the same!
    Only execeptions are when you have to dig in rock with Knackles etc...
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    Sonic 2k14 is what this game is.

Level
    Oh my god, this game is wow.
    This is the first and last time Sonic Team hands over Sonic to some nameless studio.

There's a reason why the people who made this game are EX Naughty Dog developers.

Didn't expect much from this game either, it only had ONE beta tester so it was a given.
    Not to mention a crapton of people who left Boom before it was released, including the guy who helped make Xtreme.
    Did any of you actually think this game would be good? The Sonic Cycle has been revived once more.

When do Sonic games ever sell good on Nintendo consoles? people don't buy a fresh Wii U or 3DS for Sonic, they buy it for the 1st parties.
    SEGA was out of their league with these dumb exclusives, hope they learn from their mistakes.

Level
    All I've heard from this game was negative shit-storms, and the only positive thing I've heard from it was Clement's review. I'll bet that I'll be the only one here that could have something positive to say about it, if I could play it.

Husbando to a special kitty~♥

Level
    Well... it has more than one character to play as? *shot*
    Yeah, not defending this game.

Level
    Personally, I didn't find it that bad when I played through Rise of Lyric.

The combat system was fun in my opinion. The writing was very nice, one of the better stories that we've had. I liked the hubs; they have a lot of things to explore and do.

Worse than 06 overall? Nah. Rise of Lyric is not nearly as offensive as 06. In terms of graphics or technical stuff, perhaps 06 is slightly better, but overall, I had much more fun with Rise of Lyric than 06, and it's not nearly as offensive as 06 is.

It's most certainly not a perfect game, but I still found fun in it.

Also relevant: Many Big Red Button (developer of Rise of Lyric) employees left before game was finished. Might explain why the game is so unpolished.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    I wonder why people bring up '06 when it comes to games like this we only see '06 as a glitch fest I personally think '06 is a good game especially when it came around to replaying the stages using the gems, but more on point, I personally don't have an issue with this game besides the constant homing attacks something that every character besides sonic has in this title and the graphics...the 3DS version is so far better IMO and apparently to others as well, but personally I would love to play the Wii U version to see how it is after all youtube videos aren't enough.
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    I am unable to see how "Rise of Lyric is very similar to '06' ".
    The graphics are amazing but the gameplay looks a bit slow most of the time, unless we are observing the speed sections which seem to pack a lot of action.
    On the other hand, Shattered Crystal seems to be a huge disappointment from my perspective as the gameplay feels so slow and the characters are pretty vulnerable to a lot of things. For example you can no longer just jump onto an enemy in order to cause damage or destroy it, instead you are forced to perform a homing attack.

Despite all of that the controls for Shattered Crystal feels smooth and some of the gimmicks used in the gameplay (such as Tails' submarine transformation) are a little interesting. It is also nice to have a small variety of characters to play as again but they seem to be the same in terms of gameplay. Of course if you use their special abilities then you can see how they mildly differentiate from each other.

Unfortunately that is not enough to make me want to buy Shattered Crystal or Rise of Lyric in this lifetime, the next lifetime, the following lifetime and the eternal afterlife.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast