Thread: Marine The Raccoon

1. Marine The Raccoon Details »

Marine The Raccoon

Developer Last Online: Jul 2015
      Category: [Character] SRB2 Version: v2.1.x   Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average)
      Submitted: July 2nd, 2015  
      WAD File Contains Lua Character(s)

srb20003.png
      srb20004.png
      srb20007.png
      srb20008.png

Marine is back from unplayable Sonic Rush Adventure to playable SRB2!
      Since I had no idea how to make her play, I made two wads one with a hover type ability, and one with the air drill. She is very fast no matter what, as she has been seen able to keep up with Sonic in cutscenes.

On a developer's side of things...
      I want to thank .Luke, as I used his amyrose.wad as a base, since I had no idea what to do in Slade.
      Also the sprites are several years old, and need updating. Not sure if I can do so.
      I also wanted to give her lua abilities, but that is beyond what I can do. Anybody is welcome to update her in the future, and I will make it official here. I hope you enjoy. Let me know about glitches or anything like that.

Downloads

Additional Notes

• Please be mindful of using other people's works. If the modification is not marked as "Re-usable Content", ask the developer for permission before using their work in your mod.

Level
    Welcome to releases.

Haven't had much time to review it, so sorry for the delay.

This WAD...is decent. I think you need to create better run frames for it, and better floating frames. The shading feels off too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer View Post
    Welcome to releases.

Haven't had much time to review it, so sorry for the delay.

This WAD...is decent. I think you need to create better run frames for it, and better floating frames. The shading feels off too.
    I do agree with needing better graphics. Shading I will probably work on during a rainy day,
    while the run frames I could use help with. Lua would be nice to do as well, if I read into it, and make a better ability period.

Level
    Alright, let's get my paws into this...

Her walk animations are looking kinda weird, you should consider basing yourself on Sonic's, if not just editing Sonic's body and shoes for them and keeping the legs movement, also the side walk frames are looking like teleporting from side to side, you may want to fix the offsets.
    She doesn't have a fall animation, and her jump in general feels weird, she oddly puts her hands over her head while jumping, like Sonic and every character, she should do that when falling and put her hand along her body when jumping.
    It looks like you were kinda lazy with the back side and front side frames, her head and her body are not really moving, and she feels like shrinking down when in her boredoom animation.
    And finally, her feets are magically shrinking when she's in her hurt frame.

Also, running frames are not seeming like NEEDED, I mean Marine can be more like 1.09 Tails if you want to considering she isn't meant to be fast.

And about lua, I guess I could try myself to give her something if you already have the ability idea.
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lat' View Post
    Alright, let's get my paws into this...

Her walk animations are looking kinda weird, you should consider basing yourself on Sonic's, if not just editing Sonic's body and shoes for them and keeping the legs movement, also the side walk frames are looking like teleporting from side to side, you may want to fix the offsets.
    She doesn't have a fall animation, and her jump in general feels weird, she oddly puts her hands over her head while jumping, like Sonic and every character, she should do that when falling and put her hand along her body when jumping.
    It looks like you were kinda lazy with the back side and front side frames, her head and her body are not really moving, and she feels like shrinking down when in her boredoom animation.
    And finally, her feets are magically shrinking when she's in her hurt frame.

Also, running frames are not seeming like NEEDED, I mean Marine can be more like 1.09 Tails if you want to considering she isn't meant to be fast.

And about lua, I guess I could try myself to give her something if you already have the ability idea.
    I was thinking some sort of bubble attack would work for her. I would say a bubble she could shoot, or the power to make a bubble shield (like the enemy in RVZ)

Level
    why not create a script to make Marine have water powers,you know,she hidden power(spoilers)
    Sonic does not need legs if he can replace his legs with a nice red carpet(aka peelout) baa tuu tss.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AdventuresMaykeZ View Post
    why not create a script to make Marine have water powers,you know,she hidden power(spoilers)
    Bruh this is from like last year, and the creator is banned anyways so It's very unlikely the wad would be updated on this site ever again.

Level
    Why is this in 2.0.X section?

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_T View Post
    Why is this in 2.0.X section?
    Not really sure, but now it's back in the regular characters section.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    nice!