Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Marine The Raccoon

    1. Marine The Raccoon Details »»

      Marine The Raccoon

      Version: 1, by (Banned) Theqmayn is offline
      Developer Last Online: Jul 2015 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      SRB2 Version: v2.1.x Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average)
      Released: July 2nd, 2015 Last Update: Never
      WAD Re-useable Character(s)

      srb20003.png
      srb20004.png
      srb20007.png
      srb20008.png

      Marine is back from unplayable Sonic Rush Adventure to playable SRB2!
      Since I had no idea how to make her play, I made two wads one with a hover type ability, and one with the air drill. She is very fast no matter what, as she has been seen able to keep up with Sonic in cutscenes.



      On a developer's side of things...
      I want to thank .Luke, as I used his amyrose.wad as a base, since I had no idea what to do in Slade.
      Also the sprites are several years old, and need updating. Not sure if I can do so.
      I also wanted to give her lua abilities, but that is beyond what I can do. Anybody is welcome to update her in the future, and I will make it official here. I hope you enjoy. Let me know about glitches or anything like that.

      MARINE.wad
      MARINE2.wad

  1. #2
    Date Joined
    March 25th, 2010
    Post Count
    1,582
    Level
    37
    Welcome to releases.

    Haven't had much time to review it, so sorry for the delay.

    This WAD...is decent. I think you need to create better run frames for it, and better floating frames. The shading feels off too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky The Destroyer: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - WindHedgehogX: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

  2. #3
    Date Joined
    July 2nd, 2015
    Post Count
    3
    Level
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer View Post
    Welcome to releases.

    Haven't had much time to review it, so sorry for the delay.

    This WAD...is decent. I think you need to create better run frames for it, and better floating frames. The shading feels off too.
    I do agree with needing better graphics. Shading I will probably work on during a rainy day,
    while the run frames I could use help with. Lua would be nice to do as well, if I read into it, and make a better ability period.



  3. #4
    Date Joined
    March 3rd, 2013
    Location
    In France, I believe.
    Post Count
    624
    Level
    30
    Alright, let's get my paws into this...

    Her walk animations are looking kinda weird, you should consider basing yourself on Sonic's, if not just editing Sonic's body and shoes for them and keeping the legs movement, also the side walk frames are looking like teleporting from side to side, you may want to fix the offsets.
    She doesn't have a fall animation, and her jump in general feels weird, she oddly puts her hands over her head while jumping, like Sonic and every character, she should do that when falling and put her hand along her body when jumping.
    It looks like you were kinda lazy with the back side and front side frames, her head and her body are not really moving, and she feels like shrinking down when in her boredoom animation.
    And finally, her feets are magically shrinking when she's in her hurt frame.

    Also, running frames are not seeming like NEEDED, I mean Marine can be more like 1.09 Tails if you want to considering she isn't meant to be fast.

    And about lua, I guess I could try myself to give her something if you already have the ability idea.
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

  4. #5
    Date Joined
    July 2nd, 2015
    Post Count
    3
    Level
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lat' View Post
    Alright, let's get my paws into this...

    Her walk animations are looking kinda weird, you should consider basing yourself on Sonic's, if not just editing Sonic's body and shoes for them and keeping the legs movement, also the side walk frames are looking like teleporting from side to side, you may want to fix the offsets.
    She doesn't have a fall animation, and her jump in general feels weird, she oddly puts her hands over her head while jumping, like Sonic and every character, she should do that when falling and put her hand along her body when jumping.
    It looks like you were kinda lazy with the back side and front side frames, her head and her body are not really moving, and she feels like shrinking down when in her boredoom animation.
    And finally, her feets are magically shrinking when she's in her hurt frame.

    Also, running frames are not seeming like NEEDED, I mean Marine can be more like 1.09 Tails if you want to considering she isn't meant to be fast.

    And about lua, I guess I could try myself to give her something if you already have the ability idea.
    I was thinking some sort of bubble attack would work for her. I would say a bubble she could shoot, or the power to make a bubble shield (like the enemy in RVZ)



  5. #6
    Date Joined
    September 5th, 2016
    Location
    i will not say...
    Post Count
    1
    Level
    1
    why not create a script to make Marine have water powers,you know,she hidden power(spoilers)
    Sonic does not need legs if he can replace his legs with a nice red carpet(aka peelout) baa tuu tss.

  6. #7
    Date Joined
    September 14th, 2010
    Location
    Castle Don't touch me you filthy casual
    Post Count
    3,146
    Level
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by AdventuresMaykeZ View Post
    why not create a script to make Marine have water powers,you know,she hidden power(spoilers)
    Bruh this is from like last year, and the creator is banned anyways so It's very unlikely the wad would be updated on this site ever again.


  7. #8
    Date Joined
    March 22nd, 2017
    Post Count
    5
    Level
    1
    Why is this in 2.0.X section?

  8. #9
    Date Joined
    March 25th, 2010
    Post Count
    1,582
    Level
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_T View Post
    Why is this in 2.0.X section?
    Not really sure, but now it's back in the regular characters section.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky The Destroyer: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - WindHedgehogX: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

  9. #10
    Date Joined
    July 26th, 2017
    Post Count
    12
    Level
    1
    nice!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •