PDA

View Full Version : I need editing help!

BlueRooster
October 15th, 2012, 20:06
I an having some issues with SRB2CB that I need help with.

First issue: Sloped FOFs don't render.

I was thinking of ideas of some stuff to put in my map when I got an idea for a sky-box, then I put it all together on the computer one of the ideas was some floating platforms like the one form Sonic 1, but one of them fell onto the ground and is now sticking out of it. I quickly built it and it looked good to me.

But it didn't show up in SRB2CB.

I'm also wondering how to make the texture go to the standard green hill zone texture at the middle without removing the grass edge.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss something? Am I late for dinner?!? If you have the answer the the problem please tell me.

Issue 2: strange texture bugs.

Slopes are wonderful things, but not if they make your textures go upside down!

They also do it with normal SRB2 textures.

They don't do it here for some reason.

If you can help me in any way, HELP ME!

Tyson TH
October 18th, 2012, 05:20
If you really can't find a way to solve issue two, why not just include the same texture in the WAD but upside-down so it'll appear normally in-game?

KitsuneFreak
October 18th, 2012, 19:14
It may be that the EXE your using could possibly be corrupted? Or you may have inserted something wrong into it.

BlueRooster
October 22nd, 2012, 04:41
It may be that the EXE your using could possibly be corrupted? Or you may have inserted something wrong into it.

No, my EXE is fine, in fact, I replaced it before taking the pictures, AND I put it texture in the wad wright.

If you really can't find a way to solve issue two, why not just include the same texture in the WAD but upside-down so it'll appear normally in-game?

FLIPPING!!! Why didn't I think of that? I am an idiot.

Tyson TH
October 22nd, 2012, 05:36
If it were corrupted how would it even run? Although, if my sources are correct there is more than one build of 2.0.6.

FLIPPING!!! Why didn't I think of that? I am an idiot.
Also, if you do insert the same texture, don't replace the original. It'll just make the ones that were displaying properly to display upside-down.