PDA

View Full Version : [Character] akb's Pony WADs! (NOW WITH 20% MORE 2.1)

akb778
March 19th, 2013, 03:00
Well hello there. You are at the home of all of the pony characters that I have made for SRB2. Download links for all of them are below.

Current status: LUA_LUNA

Update history:

3/16/14: Twilight v2 and Applejack v2 are released. Also, I reset this update history log to go along with SRB2 2.1.
3/17/14: Fluttershy v2 released

A quick note for those of you who are using the FileFactory links: Make sure that you uncheck "Download with FileFactory's download manager"; otherwise, it will download something completely different.

Skybase download links (2.1.x):

6555 (includes versions with and without a custom palette)

FileFactory download links (2.1.x):

Applejack (http://www.filefactory.com/file/76drfjebr41h/Applejack.wad)
Twilight Sparkle (http://www.filefactory.com/file/z73n4yooy0n/twilightsparkle.wad)
Fluttershy (http://www.filefactory.com/file/2mmkmm7q282b/fluttershy.zip) (ditto)

NOTE: All the below download links are for SRB2 v2.0. While these will work with v2.1, they will be slightly broken due to new colors, new abilities, and such.
Skybase download links (2.0.x):

FileFactory download links (2.0.x):

Twilight Sparkle (http://www.filefactory.com/file/2hcah6ae7fuv/twilightsparkle.wad)
Rarity (http://www.filefactory.com/file/1n7q8civr0cb/rarity.wad)
Fluttershy (http://www.filefactory.com/file/1ykxdu1itmjv/fluttershy.wad)
Applejack (http://www.filefactory.com/file/2bc3h5e2j1p/Applejack.wad)
Trixie (http://www.filefactory.com/file/4orm7da2a2wn/trixie.wad)
Luna (http://www.filefactory.com/file/5xo9goe3f8b9/luna.wad)
Derpy (http://www.filefactory.com/file/tjwzslwpa6t/derpy.wad)

Screenshots:
2.1 Twilight Sparkle:

2.1 Applejack:

2.1 Fluttershy: (version with custom palette shown)

All below screenshots are for the 2.0 versions of these mods.
Rarity:

THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE:

Princess Luna:

Derpy:

As always, feedback is much appreciated.

Sky
March 19th, 2013, 03:12
Moved to releases.

Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2
March 19th, 2013, 17:09
I cant wait till Rarity comes out!

TaskBarR
March 22nd, 2013, 19:20
Can't wait for Rarity and (possibly) Applejack! I have all of the other Mane 6 except for those two.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait for Rarity and (possibly) Applejack! I have all of the other Mane 6 except for those two.

TeamLava
March 23rd, 2013, 04:39
Your Twilight actually looks pretty decent. Well, at least compared to every other pony wad in existence except for the original Rainbowdash wad. First of all, whats up with her name font? The font you picked is just so bad. I can barely read what the text says and it extends too long, so I suggest that you use SRB2's actually good and visible name font instead of the garbage one you choose. I also think that you should change her name from Twilight Sparkle to Twilight so the text doesn't extend way out into the screen. Or you should at least put Sparkle under Twilight to prevent it from sticking out. Second of all, whats up with the back view of Twilight's mane? Her mane just looks so awkward from the back, especially when she's running. I highly suggest that you edit her mane from the back so it looks better. Another issue with the current state of your Twilight Sparkle wad is her ability. How come her ability is gliding? Sure, she uses magic to sort of fly in the show sometimes, but not like that. Plus, her glide sprites (which look pretty bad by the way) don't even have some sort of white purple orb around them or something like that to make her look like she's actually using her magic to fly, and if her glide sprites did have something of the sort around them, then it would look like complete shit. Oh, and one small complaint. Twilight's Goal Sign is all messed up, I think that you should make it so that only her head is showing and some of it s popping out of the sign a little bit, kind of like the original Rainbowdash wad did. By the way, I think you should also give Twilight some taunts, I think that all of the pony wads should have their own sounds.

Although this wad has some pretty bad things about it, it also has a bright side to it as well. I like how you allowed her body to change colors (just like the other pony wads that were released after Rainbowdash) so now she's compatible with Capture the Flag and Team Match. Another thing that I really liked about this Twilight wad was that she doesn't spin dash, because every pony wad that did spin dash looked retarded. One last good thing about Twilight was how the silly ability you gave her allows her to fly when you add SMVX.wad

Anyways, I hope you listen to my advice.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm if you want to put all ponies in that WAD I think you can name it Mane6.wad (it's a suggestion)

And if you want (but I think you don't want because it's... crapy :S it's what TeamLarva says... I think RD2.5 is not crappy but it's just not very good at graphics for that wad because I see your ponies is SOOOOOOOOOOO MUNCH BETTER. ) you can take RainbowDashv2.5 and remake it, for supah form sprites, for an example (RD2.5 is in release, if you din't see it.)

I have no clue what you're trying to say and why you continuously mention me in every single one of your posts. By the way, If English isn't your strong language then just type out your post on Google Translator or something and then translate your post to English.

Lat'
March 23rd, 2013, 18:36
So I am sorry because I am not english I am french...

I mean here: if akb778 wants, he/she can use RDV2.5 but I think this is not good for his/her wad because I can see his/her ponies is better than foxfire667 and my version.
And too, he/she can name the wad Mane6.wad

And I think he/she can add taunts because we can easyly found them on youtube.

P.S. Sorry if this reply is again unreadable, remember, I am french and translater is just bad -.-'

TeamLava
March 23rd, 2013, 21:33
So I am sorry because I am not english I am french...

I mean here: if akb778 wants, he/she can use RDV2.5 but I think this is not good for his/her wad because I can see his/her ponies is better than foxfire667 and my version.
And too, he/she can name the wad Mane6.wad

And I think he/she can add taunts because we can easyly found them on youtube.

P.S. Sorry if this reply is again unreadable, remember, I am french and translater is just bad -.-'

Despite some of the issues it still has, Foxfire's Rainbowdash wad is probably one of the only decent pony wads in existence for SRB2 so far.

akb778
March 28th, 2013, 01:46
Alright guys, the Rarity WAD has finally been released! I'll probably upload a video showing it off later on tonight. One note about the WAD though: If you play it in CTF or Team Match, you'll get a hideous-looking blue or red outline. Not sure how to fix that problem right now, all else is OK as far as I know...

And yes, I'm still trying to improve on the Twilight Sparkle WAD; all I really have to do now before I do another release of that WAD is find some sound clips for her.

Colby
March 28th, 2013, 01:57
Don't forget to update the changelog in the first post, it helps many, including me, to tell for updates on wads. Also I love the wads, and I hope that you will choose to do Fluttershy as well over time.

HyperTails
March 28th, 2013, 14:16
I love the design of the ponies please make more!:awesome:

Colby
March 29th, 2013, 01:04
I love the design of the ponies please make more!:awesome:

Not necessarily bad, but please try to put more content in your posts, maybe give some ideas of what you want to see in the next version.

TaskBarR
March 29th, 2013, 01:58
I hope I'm not asking for too much, but for the last pony of the mane 6, you could make Applejack have a special ability where instead of spinning, she can throw apples.

Meh.

KitsuneFreak
March 29th, 2013, 02:49
I'm pretty sure most abilites that involving throwing things would end up being like the one Pokemon.wad which people spam tons of Koopa Shells from Spinning

Colby
March 29th, 2013, 04:42
Yea, custom abilities are a pain, and most of the time effect all characters, thus ruining the specialness of it towards the individual character. Maybe for AppleJack, there could be a custom apple charge run trail (because ponies are not supposed to spin to me)

Hymax the destroyer
April 3rd, 2013, 13:21
It looks amazing, Good job.

Colby
July 13th, 2013, 16:09
True, but akb makes his pony WAD's with high quality.

Farouk The Hedgehog
July 13th, 2013, 17:40
I Would like to see AppelJack. No one have made this Character Yet .....

akb778
August 4th, 2013, 17:52

It's been a while since I posted anything about pony WADs, but anyways... The Fluttershy WAD is almost done; I just gotta get a few more frames and some more sound clips for her and then I'll release it! After I get done with the Fluttershy WAD, I'll probably start an Applejack WAD. That is, if college and certain other pony WADs I'm working on don't get in my way... :P

Colby
August 7th, 2013, 14:36
... and there goes at least 3 hours of work on my part XD

anyway, before you continue, I want dibs on Applejack (assuming you haven't already done most of that as well)

akb778
August 7th, 2013, 21:23
"After 5 months in development, hopefully it will have been worth the wait..."

Finally managed to get my Fluttershy WAD done today! I also made some improvements to my Twilight Sparkle WAD. Download links to both WADs are in the first post as usual.

Also, coming soon to the SkyBase...

Demnyx Onyxfur
August 9th, 2013, 01:59
Oh my god... They look like they're galloping... Are you... a wizard...? I kinda want to see you make a RainbowDash one cause the one I edited is puny compared to the one's you're making..

akb778
August 22nd, 2013, 23:05
No sooner than I get one character done I get another one finished...

Yup, I've got the Trixie WAD finished. Right now she's just like most of my other pony characters, but when 2.1 and Lua come around she's going to get a unique special ability. Twilight and Rarity are going to get their own special abilities as well. I guess I better start figuring out how to do stuff in Lua. Anyways, download link is in the first post as usual.

I've also decided to move the download links to all my WADs over to my SkyDrive for convenience.

Colby
August 23rd, 2013, 00:02
Impressive, as expected from your work.

Dost thou's avatar suggest that we may be seeing a Luna WAD soon?

SonicLover
September 2nd, 2013, 20:04
You know what you should make? a CMC pony pack! Then everyone can use that pack of the crusaders.

akb778
September 2nd, 2013, 23:50
You know what you should make? a CMC pony pack! Then everyone can use that pack of the crusaders.

Believe it or not, I actually have considered making the CMC for SRB2. However, I would have to make new sprites from scratch for them, so if I do make the CMC, it'll be a while.

Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2
September 7th, 2013, 16:57
No one has made a Applejack.wad yet. Just wondering, when are you going to make her?

- - - - - - - - - -

And I love Fluttershy and Trixie. Keep making more!

Colby
September 8th, 2013, 00:01
I am currently working on AJ, although like akb, school does get in the way, I might see if we can split the sprites into a co-op project, but he may be busy with the CMC as seen by his recent album update.

Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2
September 9th, 2013, 15:22
Oh good, I was thinking that no one was making Applejack because so far in SRB2, I've heard that everyone hates applejack.

Demnyx Onyxfur
September 10th, 2013, 23:22
I love AJ.. I would honestly make my OC, but I can't sprite worth my life.

Uber-Dan
September 24th, 2013, 08:07
I've used your pony Wads and I must say I really enjoyed them However I found a couple issues.

1. Because the ponies have no way to break blocks that require a spin dash, there is a long dead end in the aquatic zones first act. Perhaps they could get an attack where they gallop forwards which acts like a spin dash to fix this.

2. Because they are slightly bigger than Sonic, Tails and Knuckles it's seemingly impossible to complete the volcano zone sine there is a 1 block high area the player must pass through to complete the level and the ponies can't get past it.

Over all I really like them and I look forward to seeing more.

Demnyx Onyxfur
September 24th, 2013, 16:14
I've been where the rock thing is usually down at the end of RVZ, and sometimes it's not there. I have no idea why it isn't there, but it might be because I didn't run over a trigger line or something. But I think a custom SOC attack may be difficult to create, but I would like to see what AKB has in mind for that kind of thing.

Uber-Dan
September 29th, 2013, 04:27
What I meant was put back the spin dash and sprite it so the pony is charging forward instead of spinning.

Demnyx Onyxfur
September 29th, 2013, 14:29
Oh! Like with their head down or something?

Uber-Dan
September 30th, 2013, 08:50
Yeah. That would looks great IMO.

Colby
September 30th, 2013, 13:07
that all would require having to customize the sprites, which isn't too hard, but keeping the overall quality is key, and simply transferring these sprites from one format to the next is time consuming as is, much less making new ones. This is possible, but for now we are focusing more on the characters we have to work with, and not as much on what we could do later once this is done (although this is just my view, akb could have something else to add later)

Demnyx Onyxfur
September 30th, 2013, 19:23
Couldn't you just use the running sprites for it, or would they have to be totally custom?

Colby
September 30th, 2013, 20:18
it would depend on how easy the running head mixes with the standing body from all angles. I'll have to look.

akb778
February 1st, 2014, 21:59
I have risen from my grave to give a very important announcement:

The fun has been doubled.

Yeah, I know I said earlier that I wouldn't be finishing Luna off until after 2.1 came out, but I figured since it was pretty much almost done I decided to get a working beta uploaded. There's still a bit of work to do here (such as incomplete frames that have to be finished), so treat this one as a WIP. Another thing about this is that this WAD has an experimental SOC that will affect all other characters in the game.

As always, the download link is in the first post.

- - - - - - - - - -

Alright guys, quick update. The wonderful ShadowCM has allowed me to use his Applejack wad as a base for my own if I wanted to, so I decided to go ahead and make my own. All I can say about Applejack is that she is a bit different from other pony wads that I have done in the past.

And as always, the link to download is in the first post.

Uber-Dan
February 6th, 2014, 05:49
On the character select screen it says Apple Jack can double jump but when playing as her she doesn't seem to have said double jump. Also, the spin dash is an excellent feature on her, even though the spinning is just her standing there being launched forward it brings a large quality to her wad in my opinion.

Just one bronys input of course.

Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2
February 15th, 2014, 19:18
Why is luna.wad a BIN file?

akb778
February 16th, 2014, 04:23
Why is luna.wad a BIN file?

Ehhh what? Download seems to work fine for me (downloads as a .wad file), dunno what could be causing that problem...

Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2
February 17th, 2014, 16:21
For some reason, it appears as some BIN file every time I download it. I've downloaded luna.wad 9 times, and it keeps showing Luna.wad.exe. I don't know what the problem is either. Maybe it's the computer I'm using.

Demnyx Onyxfur
February 17th, 2014, 21:34
Get rid of the ".exe" file extension?

Colby
February 18th, 2014, 14:02
For me the Link for Luna is just an error on that file website. Although akb, I think these WAD's should do fine if you want to upload them directly here to Skybase.

akb778
February 19th, 2014, 02:01
FOR EVERYBODY WHO'S HAVING ISSUES WITH DOWNLOADS:

If "Download with FileFactory's download manager" is checked, it won't download properly. Uncheck it and it should download normally.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, I'm just gonna leave this here...

Colby
February 19th, 2014, 02:38
The problem isn't the website (for me), was getting server errors when I tried to download it earlier, but now it's working fine. Might have just been a limited download problem. Again, feel free to host these strait from the website if you want.

Sky
February 19th, 2014, 15:06
Uploaded to the Skybase attachments system for you and updated the post. There should be no more issues with downloading the files if you use the Skybase Direct Download Links.

akb778, you can upload WAD files directly to the Skybase if you Edit Post, Go Advanced, and scroll down and press Manage Attachments. I'd rather you upload directly to the Skybase, rather than use some crappy free file host.

Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2
February 19th, 2014, 18:49
Yeah, I found the problem. It's working just fine now.

akb778
February 27th, 2014, 03:05
Uploaded to the Skybase attachments system for you and updated the post. There should be no more issues with downloading the files if you use the Skybase Direct Download Links.

akb778, you can upload WAD files directly to the Skybase if you Edit Post, Go Advanced, and scroll down and press Manage Attachments. I'd rather you upload directly to the Skybase, rather than use some crappy free file host.

Thanks for that, Sky. So, if anybody is still having issues with downloads not working, use the Skybase links. Dunno why I didn't use Skybase for hosting these wads in the first place.

- - - - - - - - - -

Alright guys, update time. As some of you might have noticed, I have finally released Derpy.wad. So, if you really want some muffin-on-crawla action, click those download links in the first post. Makes me wish there was a Dr. Whooves SRB2 character...

As for any upcoming SRB2 ponies... I might actually get around to finishing that Sunset Shimmer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGrClJ28A9I) wad I was working on a while back. And I may or may not be creating filly bases for SRB2 versions of the CMC.

Colby
February 27th, 2014, 03:53
It will be interesting to see what your next wad will be.

akb778
March 16th, 2014, 01:21
Quick update time!

As most of you might have heard, SRB2 2.1 will be released within two weeks. (Yes, really.) So, there might be some compatibility issues with these mods not working correctly under SRB2 2.1, and if I have to make changes to these mods in order to ensure compatibility with 2.1, I will.

- - - - - - - - - -

Update again, everypony!

I just tried out these with 2.1 and yes, they are broken in various ways, with some of them even having incorrect palettes (namely, Trixie and Fluttershy). I will eventually fix these, but for right now, these wads will not work properly with 2.1.

TaskBarR
March 16th, 2014, 02:20
That's strange, they work fine for me. Hmm.

akb778
March 16th, 2014, 03:25
That's strange, they work fine for me. Hmm.

What I meant to say was that while the mods will work, they are slightly broken (i.e. incorrect abilities, wrong palettes due to a bit of trickery I did to some of these wads back in 2.0).

On the other hand, I did discover that 2.1 has brand new abilities that will be of use in these mods...

TaskBarR
March 16th, 2014, 03:51
What I meant to say was that while the mods will work, they are slightly broken (i.e. incorrect abilities, wrong palettes due to a bit of trickery I did to some of these wads back in 2.0).

On the other hand, I did discover that 2.1 has brand new abilities that will be of use in these mods...

Cool beans! I can just imagine Scootaloo on her scooter...
Hey, maybe you should add the super sonic hover ability to Twilight, it would be much better than the slow glide.

akb778
March 16th, 2014, 21:07
The first of the 2.1 ponies are out the door, those being Applejack and Twilight Sparkle. I will note that these are slightly different from their 2.0 counterparts; Twilight has a new ability and I sped up Applejack some. In addition, I made some other minor changes to these in order to ensure compatibility with 2.1.

Now go download them! As always, the links are in the first post.

As for the rest of the old mods... I've started working on converting Fluttershy over to 2.1, so expect her next.

TaskBarR
March 17th, 2014, 15:54
These are really nice! I love the extra polish you gave Twi and Applebutt.
I noticed you have Maud for your avatar now.
POSSIBLE MAUD WAD?
Yes please!

akb778
March 18th, 2014, 01:35
These are really nice! I love the extra polish you gave Twi and Applebutt.
I noticed you have Maud for your avatar now.
POSSIBLE MAUD WAD?
Yes please!

I'm gonna polish these up a bit more since I found out that you can use custom palettes for characters in 2.1. =) Show-accurate colors FTW.

As for Maud... If I do go ahead and make a Maud mod, it won't be until I finish updating the rest of my old 2.0 mods for 2.1.

- - - - - - - - - -

And quick update. The 2.1 version of Fluttershy is now finished, complete with a custom palette, in order to match up with the show's color scheme a bit more. This release is slightly different in the fact that it is a zip with two versions of Fluttershy: one that has the custom palette and one that does not (fluttershy_np.wad). I am including a version without the custom palette in case any of you are using other palette mods, like other characters with custom palettes.

In order to use the version with the custom palette, you have to load it up as SRB2 is starting up (translation: make a batch file); otherwise, the custom palette will not load up. Also, a (very minor) side effect of the custom palette is that some in-game graphics might appear a bit off.

As far as other mods with custom palettes, I did previously mention that I will be improving Twilight and Applejack with custom palettes eventually. The rest of my old mods probably will also get this treatment.

Download links are where they always are: right back in the first post.

Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2
March 27th, 2014, 17:26
Thank you for the 2.1 updates! This is just what i needed for 2.1 hosting for my MLP RP Server!

Demnyx Onyxfur
March 27th, 2014, 20:10
I can't WAIT for the Dash WAD to be released!

Kods4
March 30th, 2014, 04:59
I can't wait for Rarity! >w<

akb778
April 3rd, 2014, 17:12
http://dc716.4shared.com/img/A9fXErGrce/s3/145285c2e48/srb20001.gif

Demnyx Onyxfur
April 3rd, 2014, 21:38
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120707031708/mlpfanart/images/6/62/Luna_Dance_by_kadjule.gif
Best Princess HYPE!

Xkower8181
April 20th, 2014, 22:15
YAY LUNA IS BACK FOR 2.1 but i still a wait for DERPY HOOVES!!!!

Demnyx Onyxfur
April 20th, 2014, 23:47
I'm still​ so hyped for these!

andrewmac1111
June 12th, 2016, 13:27
=( no RainbowDashV2.5 (http://srb2skybase.org/mb/showthread.php?t=1320) sad

- - - - - - - - - -

yay i like rainbow dash or dash or rainbow or rainbowdash or rainbow dash v2.5 :hurry: