PDA

View Full Version : How much of an SRB2 player are you?

SegTindog
March 28th, 2013, 21:05
So I'd like to see how much of a SRB2 gamer you are I have set up poll options and if you voted explain why you chosen that choice.
(The poll is multiple choice)

KitsuneFreak
March 28th, 2013, 21:06
Where is the poll?

SegTindog
March 28th, 2013, 21:10
I just set it up!
So I will began I play Srb2 all the time to host because its fun playing the game with my friends and playing with many fun wads!
I also do regular campaign because I sometimes don't feel like hosting, but its great to play alone sometimes.

Steel Titanium
March 28th, 2013, 21:29
I play SRB2 all the time.

Zhire'El
March 28th, 2013, 21:32
What is SRB2.

mazefire3609
March 28th, 2013, 23:30
What is SRB2. Sonic Robo Blast 2.

Colby
March 29th, 2013, 01:23
He is just trolling, he's been to my server before.
And I would play more, but my dial-up makes it hard, and I currently have no fast connection that can connect to the srb2 servers. That and the fact that I get up early when only people in the much much later time zones are up (10+ hours normally) so I don't normally see people I know much. My 3 most often joiners are LJ Sonic; NameIsGeneric; and DarkSpeedMercury. Other then that I don't see many people I know join. Another reason is that I can't play maps like SF94, or HyperHouse because of my dial-up. Dial-up is the biggest internet set back for me overall.

TaskBarR
March 29th, 2013, 01:37
I sometimes get on to host my server. My record amount of players was 20, and we completed the entire SP campaign, Mystic Realm, and the SA2BV2.wad campaign. Good times.

I mostly get a bunch of randoms who get rejected from other servers. Mostly people are surprised I can handle a server and portforward all on my own at a young age.

Colby
March 29th, 2013, 01:46
Learning at a young age can be a huge advantage for you in the long run, make sure you use it to the fullest.

TaskBarR
March 29th, 2013, 01:55
Thanks! ^^
Kids in class are always asking for computer help.

Me: Simon, you press 'insert image'
*facepalm*

Streakster
March 29th, 2013, 02:43
SRB2 is without a doubt the most addicting game I've ever played in my life.
Excuse me while I go play SRB2...

KitsuneFreak
March 29th, 2013, 02:47
I'm on a Hiatus or whatever

TaskBarR
March 29th, 2013, 03:04
Just discovered SF-94serv

O.O

SO MUCH TO EXPLORE

mazefire3609
March 29th, 2013, 03:23
Just discovered SF-94serv

O.O

SO MUCH TO EXPLORE You do know there's neonnightsextended.wad ever since I left from Nova's RP server when I felt curious what's behind the gate and since that time of event took place around 2 years ago, I used noclip ( It only works in Single Player ) to check everything what's going on and it looked like if it were finished already so I've told Nova about that gate and he decided to use DOOM to get rid of the walls & the gate that's been blocking it ( The gate will still be there but you can go through it ) until he releases it to 4shared.
All I can say for GreenCity's gate with cracked walls is there's absolutely nothing behind it.

Here, have some music that's been used for Neon Nights zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQbUTutaKKo Found this while looking around Sonic Wrecks.

Colby
March 29th, 2013, 04:49
Thanks! ^^
Kids in class are always asking for computer help.

Me: Simon, you press 'insert image'
*facepalm*

IKR, people ask me similar questions.

Friend: what button can I fire with?
Me: The Control button
Friend: Where is that? I can't find it.
Me: The one labeled "Crtl"
Friend: I can't find it.
Me: *facepalm*

MetalFighter
March 29th, 2013, 05:35
I'll admit I used to play Srb2 constantly and for hours a few years back. I'd spend days and days on it just trying to get better at the Multiplayer, and I have. These days though, I'm not as 'addicted' to Srb2 as I once was. Sure I'll play every once in a while, but most of the time I'm off doing school related things and such. I'll say that Srb2, for me, certainly had its moments back in the day. I'm not sure if I'll be playing Srb2 in the years to come. Perhaps I may stick around for another year or 2 and then move on. These days I join games for a little fun, and I mostly talk to people on the game. Ah, good times.

Zhire'El
March 29th, 2013, 15:09
I used to play SRB2 and actually host with one of my friends a while back, I think his name was Jacob the HedgeFox and Stargon, it was really fun for a while, until TTA joined my server and told me about the MB, then he redirected me here, and that's basically why I'm here.
I haven't heard from those two since 2011, it pains me...

KitsuneFreak
March 29th, 2013, 17:46
I'll admit I used to play Srb2 constantly and for hours a few years back. I'd spend days and days on it just trying to get better at the Multiplayer, and I have. These days though, I'm not as 'addicted' to Srb2 as I once was. Sure I'll play every once in a while, but most of the time I'm off doing school related things and such. I'll say that Srb2, for me, certainly had its moments back in the day. I'm not sure if I'll be playing Srb2 in the years to come. Perhaps I may stick around for another year or 2 and then move on. These days I join games for a little fun, and I mostly talk to people on the game. Ah, good times.

Boy, I know how that feels

TaskBarR
March 29th, 2013, 21:30
You do know there's neonnightsextended.wad ever since I left from Nova's RP server when I felt curious what's behind the gate and since that time of event took place around 2 years ago, I used noclip ( It only works in Single Player ) to check everything what's going on and it looked like if it were finished already so I've told Nova about that gate and he decided to use DOOM to get rid of the walls & the gate that's been blocking it ( The gate will still be there but you can go through it ) until he releases it to 4shared.
All I can say for GreenCity's gate with cracked walls is there's absolutely nothing behind it.

Here, have some music that's been used for Neon Nights zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQbUTutaKKo Found this while looking around Sonic Wrecks.

I already knew that song was in it, which made me even more happy to listen to it.

Jill "Cassandera" Twilight
March 29th, 2013, 22:32
Play Srb2 All The Damn Time

DoctorAdorkable
March 31st, 2013, 03:13
My answer's pretty much the same as MetalFighter's. Man oh man the hours I spent hosting games of CTF, Tag and all those other game types. It was totally the shiz for me back then, though I never really liked joining, I mostly only hosted. I guess the only real reason why is because I absolutely loathe lag and I much rather prefer using my own custom settings, ect. (Yeah, that totally won't make me sound stuck up) I even remember how there used to be all these clans and everything, and how I always thought they were super special. Anywho, nowadays my intrest in it has decreased alot. I'm not nearly as addicted to it as I once was. Now it's rare if I ever host an occasional CTF or RP server. Who knows though, that could always change.

TaskBarR
April 1st, 2013, 01:07
I love hosting my server, but other than my faithful players...
...Nobody plays anymore.
So since I am basically bored with hosting coop, I have decided to go out and collect EVERY WAD for 2.0
It sounds farfetched, I know, but I've been going around and downloading peoples's SRB2 folders on 4Shared to see if they have any good or rare wads. Heck, my SRB2 folder is already a gig and a half big!

Colby
April 1st, 2013, 01:27
My srb2 folder in total is like 4.5 GBs XD

TaskBarR
April 1st, 2013, 01:48
How's that?
What WADS do you have?
...Well I DID just start collecting them.

Colby
April 1st, 2013, 02:00
I think I have over 300 wads, plus my own wads I haven't released yet.

Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2
April 8th, 2013, 21:28
I started playing SRB2 since May, 2009. Back then, I was constantly playing this game nonstop; always playing CTF, I did some RP once in a while, and everytime I host, I never turn my computer off till the end of the day. But all of that ended when my computer crashed and I started this job that I eventually quit. So now I'm barely online due to me, traveling 1 1/2 miles to the library on a bike just to use a computer, going to school, trying to find a new job, and doing chores before I leave my mom's house. If all of these things didn't happen, I'd always play SRB2 24/7.

- - - Updated - - -

I started playing SRB2 since May, 2009. Back then, I was constantly playing this game nonstop; always playing CTF, I did some RP once in a while, and everytime I host, I never turn my computer off till the end of the day. But all of that ended when my computer crashed and I started this job that I eventually quit. So now I'm barely online due to me, traveling 1 1/2 miles to the library on a bike just to use a computer, going to school, trying to find a new job, and doing chores before I leave my mom's house. If all of these things didn't happen, I'd always play SRB2 24/7.

KitsuneFreak
April 9th, 2013, 00:05
I'm slowly beginning to play SRB2 Again but it's just eh..

Colby
April 9th, 2013, 17:47
I actually built text wad called "friend pass" that would allow me to host a friend only server so no noobs could join, as of now I haven't sent anyone it, but I plan to e-mail people who ask (and if I know them of course)

Tyson TH
April 10th, 2013, 04:30
I actually built text wad called "friend pass" that would allow me to host a friend only server so no noobs could join, as of now I haven't sent anyone it, but I plan to e-mail people who ask (and if I know them of course)
You should probably insert a bunch of SPAM dummy lumps so it won't be easy to remake and join.

GoldenSonic
April 10th, 2013, 04:59
I play SRB2 so much that I chose this over SMBX. (Also a popular fangame)

Colby
April 10th, 2013, 21:08
You should probably insert a bunch of SPAM dummy lumps so it won't be easy to remake and join.

It's pretty solid unless it is leaked by someone, in which case I simply change 1 or 2 things to fix he problem and then resend to the people I trust.

Phantom-Blade
March 29th, 2014, 20:24
Although I picked "I play SRB2 sometimes", I play SRB2 and host all the time...

Demnyx Onyxfur
March 29th, 2014, 21:06
I'm starting to play it a HELL of a lot more, but then syncing happened.

Colby
March 29th, 2014, 21:34
Cfails, now replaced by Sfails, nuff said.

Not sure if this topic should be locked or not, I'll leave this alone for now though.

Demnyx Onyxfur
March 30th, 2014, 01:35
I host, then 2 people join and the syncs just go on a killing spree and get a Kilimanjaro.

Ors
March 30th, 2014, 19:56
Actually I do everything except host. The problem is that I can't host. And I I play more on record attack than multiplayer because there's always at least 250 ping lag on any server I join.

Lat'
March 30th, 2014, 20:56
Before, this was called cfails, now, it's Sfails. We just changed the first letter ololololololoooolooololoooolooooll.
I do not play it very often because like Ors, I have serious ping issues due to the reason that there are not any French server.
And why did they changed the netcode? It's fucking unstable.

Ors
March 30th, 2014, 21:11
Before, this was called cfails, now, it's Sfails. We just changed the first letter ololololololoooolooololoooolooooll.
I do not play it very often because like Ors, I have serious ping issues due to the reason that there are not any French server.
And why did they changed the netcode? It's fucking unstable.
I haven't seen Finnish servers for a very long time. Have seen only 2 working ones during my playing of SRB2.

Demnyx Onyxfur
March 30th, 2014, 22:45
It was more stable in 2.0.X, and Im guessing they had to redo the netcode cause of all the stuff they added. Hopefully 2.1.7 will be a thing and will fix the netcode up a little bit.

Kods4
March 31st, 2014, 00:48
I only play singleplayer.
Playing multiplayer screws up people's server's because of my high ping. :/

Steel Titanium
March 31st, 2014, 03:21
I started playing SRB2 more often ever since 2.1's release.

CyanSilver
March 31st, 2014, 05:20
SRB2, hmm I've been on this thing for years now, it's been as fun as always, and occasionally I hang with the people know to troll SRB2 Skybase on SRB2.

Critical Dude
April 3rd, 2014, 19:24
That poll doesn't help me at all... >:[
I haven't touched SRB2 for a months and I don't intend to get back to it.

fevermario
April 25th, 2014, 06:21
i picked the first option becuase it was the closest to what i actually do.. but i don't host servers becuase i don't know how to port forward. i only join servers. but other then that the first option describes me quite well

Lat'
April 25th, 2014, 09:22
The method to port forward is different for each Internet operator tough.
Mostly it's on their website: just log as no username and put your router password as password then there are internet options that allows you to open ports, here, choose to forward 5029 UDP to 5029 UDP (and not TCP)

SomariTheAdventurer
April 28th, 2014, 21:47
There really is no option for the players that don't host but do everything else. I'd go under that. :)