PDA

View Full Version : Mapper & Spriters Galore!~

Colby
April 10th, 2013, 22:52
I have a new idea, that is somewhat systematic in its approach.
This mainly applies to mappers and spriters of SRB2. Are you all tired of starting your projects from scratch but then give up because it's too much for you alone? Ever wanna start a collab, but it fell apart for whatever reason? Well folks how do you like this! I am thinking of starting a SkyBase group that can be used by SRB2 editors to discuss their ideas. Not only that, but we would hold scheduled meetings (probably over Skype, IRC chats, or Steam Chats), to help people brainstorm and record ideas, and also get immediate feedback and help in how to pull their ideas together. Now I know this sounds like a lot, especially since there are not too many mappers or spriters here on skybase, but we would also provide links to the srb2 wiki as well as answer any questions you might have for a quick fix to your experience. I am hoping this could all pull together and become a new turn in srb2 history, we could bring it back with better quality wads, new ideas, new people in the core of the programs that make it possible and more! Now, I haven't said too much about the spriters part of this all, well I'm personally still thinking that part through, but essentially it would work the same just replacing the "mappers" with "spriters"
I truly do hope that we can band together as a group and make Sonic Robo Blast History!
Please tell me your thoughts on this, and any ideas you might have to help us get going to this Systematic approach to the best collab group ever.

Also, there will be some ground rules for members who decide to join, such as:
-Participation is necessary and essential to keep the group an actual group, so never posting anything for more then 1 month will result in being taken out of the group. No exceptions although you can re-enter the group later once you are more active
-Flaming, hating others ideas, and etc. will not be tolerated in any way shape or form, If we find you doing this, you will revive 1 warning, then a 1 day skybase ban, than a permanent ban from the group is it continues, NO EXCEPTIONS
-Attending meetings, although not essentially mandatory, is very highly wanted to help everyone, we need you all to be active and functioning about this.
-If you are having a creative slump, or are having a bad time in your personal life, that is easily understandable, we all go there at one point or another.

TeamLava
April 10th, 2013, 23:25
This sounds like a rather interesting idea. Although, I'm just going to warn you now, ShadowCM, that I can't sprite or map for shit on SRB2. So unless if you're looking for an add-on the quality of flames.wad, House22.wad, heavenlytailschar.wad, or RainbowDashyDash's Honey.wad port, I won't be spriting or mapping if I ever joined this group. Although, I could help when it comes to ideas for wads, or maybe even ideas for the group. I also wouldn't mind judging the sprites and the maps.

Not only that, but we would hold scheduled meetings (probably over Skype, IRC chats, or Steam Chats)

I think we should hold the meetings in the Sky Base chat when its installed.

-Flaming, hating others ideas, and etc. will not be tolerated in any way shape or form, If we find you doing this, you will revive 1 warning, then a 1 day skybase ban, than a permanent ban from the group is it continues, NO EXCEPTIONS

I hope you're not talking about criticism. Because it seems like a LARGE portion of the Sky Base considers criticism "flaming" and the person who's criticizing someone else gets banned for a day.

Colby
April 10th, 2013, 23:34
I like your enthusiasm and ideas.
1. Great idea, hopefully we can get the chat up relevantly soon.
2. I will be more open to criticism, but I will not tolerate comments like "This sucks" or "Shut up" And all negative comments must be backed up by proof of the persons point of view so that anything "questionable" can easily be resolved by proof that supports your statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Just read your first part of the post, sorry.
I think you would be a wonderful judge, in fact I'll make a section just for wads that need to be judged.
Also, being an idea man is more then acceptable, and who knows, you could even pick up a tip or two to get you into mapping or spriteing.

TaskBarR
April 11th, 2013, 02:35
I hope you're not talking about criticism. Because it seems like a LARGE portion of the Sky Base considers criticism "flaming" and the person who's criticizing someone else gets banned for a day.

Thanks for directly attacking me, Lava. Geez.
Anyway, I'm trying to learn making character wads by (guess what?) recoloring and editing the existing Tails.plr.

Jasper the Fox
April 11th, 2013, 12:49
Thanks for directly attacking me, Lava. Geez.

I don't think he was attacking you directly, lots of Skybase goers do take criticism as being flamed. Regardless, I'm all for the idea if everyone is willing to cooperate with each other and accept each other's ideas in order to create better wads in general.

Colby
April 11th, 2013, 18:27
Yes, he wasn't, if anything you are being too self conscious Rex, just shill out, knowing TL like I do, if he was talking about you, he'd say your name, he wouldn't be so vague if he was directing it at one person.

TaskBarR
April 11th, 2013, 22:40
I hope you're not talking about criticism. Because it seems like a LARGE portion of the Sky Base considers criticism "flaming"

(Me and ShadowCM)

and the person who's criticizing someone else gets banned for a day.

(Obviously him)

TeamLava
April 11th, 2013, 23:02
http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q798/Team-Lava/Animated%20GIF%20Images/scarjo_popcorn_zpsfd58c267.gif (http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/Team-Lava/media/Animated%20GIF%20Images/scarjo_popcorn_zpsfd58c267.gif.html)

Colby
April 14th, 2013, 04:50
please remain on topic, I don't want to, but if I have to, I'll lock this and delete the group.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said before, will anyone join this group?