PDA

View Full Version : Requests, New Features, and More!

Colby
April 14th, 2013, 02:21
Here I will post some things I plan to do, and you can comment, and recommend features to be used.

I will add:
-vbPlaza + classic features
-chatbox (will be highly moderated, and have strict rules, you are warned)

Comment, and make your requests now.

TaskBarR
April 14th, 2013, 02:24
Uhhh...ShadowCM?
The features you listed are already available to me...
But nameglow, animated avatar, and steal are broken.

Tyson TH
April 14th, 2013, 02:26
You are not allowed to purchase this item.

http://www.reactionimage.org/img/gallery/633124284.jpg

Colby
April 14th, 2013, 02:27
I'm going on, be patient please.

Tyson TH
April 14th, 2013, 02:28
No, that's not what I'm referring to.
Back when Sky first featured it, I still couldn't purchase shit.

And he didn't even reply when I asked him. :c

TaskBarR
April 14th, 2013, 02:30
I purchased Nameglow and Animated Avatar...
NEITHER WORK!
Waste of points.

Tyson TH
April 14th, 2013, 02:32
Agh... now I can't change name. woo

TaskBarR
April 14th, 2013, 02:37
Nameglow and animated avatar STILL NOT WORKING?

Colby
April 14th, 2013, 02:37
@Rex: ask Mr. Black about animated avatar/userglow only works on IE, not Firefox
@Tyson: What do you mean, "I can only purchase" what is your problem?

TaskBarR
April 14th, 2013, 02:38
I'm not using firefox.
I'm using chrome.
Mr. Black's animated avatar doesn't work anymore either.

Zhire'El
April 14th, 2013, 02:39
I'm not using firefox.
I'm using chrome.
Mr. Black's animated avatar doesn't work anymore either.

Guessing it doesn't work on Chrome either?

Tyson TH
April 14th, 2013, 02:40
Never mind that. It seems I can only purchase when I go to the direct url of the purchase page.

DoctorAdorkable
April 14th, 2013, 02:41
*Sees tons of glowing usernames, finds shop.*
Oh, this is cool, now I can get-
*Tries to enter bank.*
"You are not allowed to purchase this item."
...Oh... Okay.

TaskBarR
April 14th, 2013, 02:41
Mr. Black's avatar was working earlier today.
I was using the same browser.

Zhire'El
April 14th, 2013, 02:42
I used the Android browser and the glows and colors worked fine for me.
But now their all gone.

Tyson TH
April 14th, 2013, 02:44
*Sees tons of glowing usernames, finds shop.*
Oh, this is cool, now I can get-
*Tries to enter bank.*
"You are not allowed to purchase this item."
...Oh... Okay.
http://srb2skybase.org/mb/vbplaza.php?do=item&itemid=5

TaskBarR
April 14th, 2013, 02:48
Username glow indeed works in IE.
But what about my animated avatar?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, could you open up Operation: R?
The site craziness is settled now.

Tyson TH
April 14th, 2013, 02:50
Like we'll bother opening IE just to see glowing usernames.

DoctorAdorkable
April 14th, 2013, 02:52
http://srb2skybase.org/mb/vbplaza.php?do=item&itemid=5

I love you.

TaskBarR
April 14th, 2013, 02:54
http://srb2skybase2.chatango.com/

New chat.

Tyson TH
April 14th, 2013, 02:59
I love you.
Unfortunately, our browsers don't love us.

Colby
April 14th, 2013, 04:47
Updates:
-Merged a few accounts
-Deleted some accounts with 0 posts and are inactive
-Chat divided into proper sections
-Added some vbPlaza features back

TeamLava
April 14th, 2013, 08:22
-Merge the black home page with the portal and then move the chat box to the portal instead of being all the way at the bottom of the forums section where no one will notice it.

-Change the background of the Sky Base. I think that you should make the Sky Base's new background something like Green Flower Zone's tile texture. Or maybe we could have different backgrounds for different sections of the Sky Base. Like, the spam section uses the giant Robotnik box texture found in Egg Rock Zone (not the monitor box), the home page uses Sapphire Falls' tile textures ect.

-We definitely need some more administrators. I was thinking the new roster could be DoctorAdorkable, myself, and Jasper. I would have mentioned users such as Mr.Black, TysonTH, and Vivid Sniper, but Sky doesn't even want to give them one chance for some reason.

-You know that bar up at the top of your screen that you always see? That needs to be heavily modified. Okay so look, you know how on the blue bar you see tabs that link you to the portal, forum, shop ect.? Did you even notice that big gap of space that comes after it? I was thinking that you could make the SRB2 Sky Base banner a lot larger compared to what it is now, place the banner more in the middle instead of being way of to the left, then place the blue bar at the bottom of it. But instead of keeping the blue bar the way it is now, you should place small tabs up in the right hand corner such as groups, the member list, albums, rules ect. in the blue bar and make those tabs larger so you won't have this huge gap of retarded looking empty space.

-The banner should probably be changed.

-Now here's a really big suggestion. I was thinking that the Sky Base could have its own little section for downloading wads. Like on the blue tab under the banner you would have a tab that says Add-ons and when you click on it, it came up with something that's kind of like my 4shared account (http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/4N-zlw7H/_online.html#dir=4N-zlw7H). Lets say you have a folder for 2.0.X add-ons and a folder for 1.09.X add-ons, and in the near future 2.1 add-ons. But in each folder you have sub folders like Characters, Maps and Map Packs, SOCs, Music Mods, Graphic Mods, and Other. I think it would be a great idea to archive SRB2 add-ons on the Sky Base. Especially considering that more people would find them on the Sky Base then on my 4shared account. Also, we'd most likely lack any threads asking where to find wad files.

-The smiles need to be fixed and new smiles should be added

By the way, ShadowCM. Can you PLEASE fix my account? Your merging idea was horrendous.

TaskBarR
April 14th, 2013, 13:40
As TeamLava said, we need new mods. Not saying I want to be one.
I probably couldn't handle it.

Here are some great people you should make mods -

-STC, who has lots of experience
-TeamLava, who has been on the forum for a long time, and is very mature
-Jasper, who also has been on very long, and is friendly to everyone
-Vivid Sniper, who isn't afraid to voice his opinion
-Doctor Adorkable, for reasons TeamLava has already pointed out

Jay
April 14th, 2013, 14:02
Personally I think Mr. Black should be a moderator. Also, could you at least change skybase's color scheme? Maybe even black and purple. Better yet, a choice like SRB2 Message Boards' "Mr. Nutty" where you can change the color.

TeamLava
April 14th, 2013, 16:34
Also, could you at least change skybase's color scheme? Maybe even black and purple. Better yet, a choice like SRB2 Message Boards' "Mr. Nutty" where you can change the color.

That would look horrible.

Tyson TH
April 14th, 2013, 16:41
Fix the Mobile Version's layout. It's so limited, ugly, and probably hasn't been updated since the website was created.

Also, before you get all stressed about how these are so many requests at one time, just remember that some of these don't need an immediate fix and that you should take your time trying to find the proper way to resolve or implement the feature.

TeamLava
April 14th, 2013, 16:44
As TeamLava said, we need new mods. Not saying I want to be one.
I probably couldn't handle it.

Here are some great people you should make mods -

-STC, who has lots of experience
-TeamLava, who has been on the forum for a long time, and is very mature
-Jasper, who also has been on very long, and is friendly to everyone
-Vivid Sniper, who isn't afraid to voice his opinion
-Doctor Adorkable, for reasons TeamLava has already pointed out

STC? A Moderator? Do you seriously think STC would be a good moderator? STC would probably permanently ban someone because they have a My Little Pony Friendship is Magic related profile picture. But that's in the scenario that Sky actually makes him a moderator for whatever reason (probably because he's on crack). As for everyone else you listed, Rex, I highly agree. Although, as I mentioned in my previous post, Sky doesn't want to give Vivid, and also Tyson and Mr.Black one chance because he claims them to be "Too weird!", which is bullshit. Anyways, I think that the admins should be ShadowCM, DoctorAdorkable, myself, and Jasper. As for Mr.Black, Vivid Sniper, and Tyson, I would make them moderators.

Zhire'El
April 14th, 2013, 17:12
STC? A Moderator? Do you seriously think STC would be a good moderator? STC would probably permanently ban someone because they have a My Little Pony Friendship is Magic related profile picture. But that's in the scenario that Sky actually makes him a moderator for whatever reason (probably because he's on crack). As for everyone else you listed, Rex, I highly agree. Although, as I mentioned in my previous post, Sky doesn't want to give Vivid, and also Tyson and Mr.Black one chance because he claims them to be "Too weird!", which is bullshit. Anyways, I think that the admins should be ShadowCM, DoctorAdorkable, myself, and Jasper. As for Mr.Black, Vivid Sniper, and Tyson, I would make them moderators.

Just because I made a fanfic that you took personally, doesn't mean that I'm going to ban someone for liking it.
And If I did, I'd ban you first ; ).

But other than that, Rex's lists of mods are good. ( note how I'm not bashing Teamlava but he does to me)

- - - Updated - - -

I dont like the show, but that doesn't mean I'll ban someone for a stupid reason

TeamLava
April 14th, 2013, 17:49
Just because I made a fanfic that you took personally, doesn't mean that I'm going to ban someone for liking it.
And If I did, I'd ban you first ; ).

But other than that, Rex's lists of mods are good. ( note how I'm not bashing Teamlava but he does to me)

- - - Updated - - -

I dont like the show, but that doesn't mean I'll ban someone for a stupid reason

I didn't take your horrendous writing personal at all, all I did was critique it, but you completely ignored my suggestions and continued on with your unoriginal and unfunny trash. Anyways, I still think that you wouldn't be a good moderator in your current state, you're way too immature. By the way, ShadowCM, I have another suggestion for you. I think that you should allow users to create more than one group.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, ShadowCM. Website discussion has way too many sticky's, and a lot of them are outdated and don't apply anymore. So just delete all of the sticky's that came before your Lottery Pool thread and we'll start fresh from there.

SegTindog
April 14th, 2013, 19:15
Didn't we have vbplaza and it was removed because it was kinda pointless?

KitsuneFreak
April 14th, 2013, 19:27
Didn't we have vbplaza and it was removed because it was kinda pointless?

Bingo

SegTindog
April 14th, 2013, 19:30
I think we should have a vote on whether we want these things added or not because all of these changes or kinda making my head spin no joke.

Colby
April 14th, 2013, 19:40
When you boil it all down, the internet is useless, so pointing out 1 or 2 things that I add won't do any good, if anything it's fun for new members and encourages them to stay around longer then 1 day.

And for more plans here:
-I will send all old threads that are dead to an archive section
-The website will still have the skybase url, but the banner and name will become the "CM-Base"
-I am currently working on some new color schemes as I type
-More shop features
-Some requests will be followed through with

Steel Titanium
April 14th, 2013, 19:46
Then you gonna have to tell sky to give you a ftp account, so you can upload the new banner.

SegTindog
April 14th, 2013, 20:25
Does it have to be the cm-base I mean we all have had some good memories on the skybase.

Steel Titanium
April 14th, 2013, 20:29
SuperWind, how will renaming the site gonna effect the members?

TaskBarR
April 14th, 2013, 20:32
CM-Base?
Uhh...
That wont work.
But if you INSIST on making everything yours, go ahead. I'm willing to make the logo if you want.

SegTindog
April 14th, 2013, 20:35
I'm not saying it will effect us but, it just doesn't fit the name like the skybase does but if you wanna change it go ahead just know that i'm supporting you along the way shadowcm.

TeamLava
April 14th, 2013, 21:15
And for more plans here:-I will send all old threads that are dead to an archive section-

The Archives section should be placed on the blue bar under the banner once everything else is also added on the blue bar. Like, lets say the archives section has its own little tab and when you click on the tab it takes you to the archives page where all of the no longer necessary threads will all be thrown in. Make sure to lock all of them too.

The website will still have the skybase url, but the banner and name will become the "CM-Base"

I think that the new banner should use some of SSNTails' SRB2 artwork. If you want me to I could probably make a banner for you.

I am currently working on some new color schemes as I type

Can you please go with my idea for the backgrounds? I don't think throwing on random colors will make the Sky Base look any better.

Before I forget, ShadowCM, I have some more suggestions for you.

-The Sky Base should be affiliated with other websites.
-Mystic, Spirit Crusher, and Dark Warrior (Rob) should be admins too
-You should unban Message Board members from that silly raid last year and give them another chance
-The rules should be updated
-You should get infractions on each post that you break a rule on, kind of like the SRB2 Message Board
-Again, please consider also making DoctorAdorkable, Jasper, and Myself administrators and making TysonTH, Vivid Sniper, and Mr.Black moderators. It would be better if we had a lot of administrators and moderators because if troubles going on, then it can be taken care of right away. Plus, aside from us you would also have Mystic, Rob, and Spirit Crusher as administrators and Steel Titanium as another moderators.
-Remove the five character limit, its obnoxious in the Spam Forum and on profile and or album comments.
-Remove the character limit on signatures
-You should allow users to choose other fonts in their posts such as comic sans ms
-You should be allowed to edit the size and color of your text again

CM-Base?
Uhh...
That wont work.
But if you INSIST on making everything yours, go ahead. I'm willing to make the logo if you want.

You fail to realize that Sky the Destroyer technically just took the Sky Base and threw it on top of ShadowCM.

kyllian1212
April 14th, 2013, 21:52
Why the f*** did Sky leave?

TeamLava
April 14th, 2013, 21:54
Why the f*** did Sky leave?

DEAL WITH IT

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q798/Team-Lava/Animated%20GIF%20Images/tumblr_m9wr0wsX6E1qck1y2o1_500_zpsbe586d00.gif (http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/Team-Lava/media/Animated%20GIF%20Images/tumblr_m9wr0wsX6E1qck1y2o1_500_zpsbe586d00.gif.htm l)

Zhire'El
April 14th, 2013, 22:04
Tell me how I'm immature.
Please, educate me in that field.

I act immature when I joke around, but you fail to realize that you can still have fun while being serious.
( In other words, I only have life experience far worse than you and I can probably share my undeniably correct wisdom and moderate everyone here, I respect my powers and I'll use it for the greater good of the CM-Base.)

Colby
April 15th, 2013, 01:15
Alright everyone, I'll reveal my mod plan.
Wave 1: TTA, Steel, and Streakster
Wave 2: STC, TeamLarva, and Mr. Black
Possible wave 3: SuperWind, and others will be thought through later.

And as for affiliation with the MB I like the idea, but I do not have a very strong connection there to create the affiliation possible by myself, that and Mystic hates me.

More to come later, and please be patient for the harder things.

Zhire'El
April 15th, 2013, 01:28
Okay sounds good, looking forward to see the new Base.
You really outdone yourself SCM.

Colby
April 15th, 2013, 01:33
Now if only the damn color scheme would work right.

TaskBarR
April 15th, 2013, 01:55
The MB is so corrupted.
Please do not pair up with them.

Colby
April 15th, 2013, 02:00
Not corrupted, they are strict. Which I do not exactly agree with their severity of strictness, but I do admire it.

Tyson TH
April 15th, 2013, 02:01
They're just more civilized than us.

Zhire'El
April 15th, 2013, 02:11
They're stricked because of all the spammers and trolls due to it being the parent site of srb2 I believe.

Truth be told, there aren't spammers OR trolls there to be precise, because most of them are too stupid to get past the random question.

TeamLava
April 15th, 2013, 02:27
Possible wave 3: SuperWind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

- - - Updated - - -

Truth be told, there aren't spammers OR trolls there to be precise, because most of them are too stupid to get past the random question.

STC, you're the one that was complaining about the random question and how difficult it is.

Zhire'El
April 15th, 2013, 02:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

- - - Updated - - -

STC, you're the one that was complaining about the random question and how difficult it is.

I didn't complain, I just had trouble with it since it's been a long time since I re-registered on the Message Board.

Tyson TH
April 15th, 2013, 02:42
They're stricked because of all the spammers and trolls due to it being the parent site of srb2 I believe.
They're what?

DoctorAdorkable
April 15th, 2013, 04:31
Well, so far, most of this is sounding pretty good. I can't wait to see how it'll turn out once everything's been implemented.

Colby
April 16th, 2013, 00:33
Updates:
Styles fixed, and possibly more to come
Wave 2 will be implemented tonight
Current wave 3 WIP list: SuperWind, DoctorAdorkable
Shop music item being worked on for the "url" problem, any help is appreciated.

Tyson TH
April 16th, 2013, 02:51
I honestly think TTA and Mr. Black should be moderators for groups and the Story forum (or maybe all of the Spam forum in general).
So that way if you're gonna have like 6 moderators they should all have their own job.

SegTindog
April 16th, 2013, 02:54
Well I think the updates are going well and thanks for considering me to be a staff.

Colby
April 16th, 2013, 03:45
I honestly think TTA and Mr. Black should be moderators for groups and the Story forum (or maybe all of the Spam forum in general).
So that way if you're gonna have like 6 moderators they should all have their own job.

That idea is perfect, just what I needed. That way we can have general moderators, and ones that specialize in certain areas, Thank you so much for that, I'll organize a list right away.

And also, some bad news, some mods will have to be dropped off since it wouldn't make sense to have 90% of skybase be mods, that would make first off power struggles all around, and also make the rank of mod, "Nothing Special" so The number of mods will have to be limited to 3-4, Sky and I will choose who, and some might just be "specialty mods" again I'm sorry to have to do this, but something had to be done.

Tyson TH
April 16th, 2013, 03:49
Pretty much, give trusted people permissions to moderate the sections they're most active in. As for the more responsible people, general moderation and in charge of infractions, locking, banning, etc.

Colby
April 16th, 2013, 03:49
All ranks are stripped until further notice.

TeamLava
April 16th, 2013, 04:41
Pretty much, give trusted people permissions to moderate the sections they're most active in. As for the more responsible people, general moderation and in charge of infractions, locking, banning, etc.

I think that every moderator should have their own assigned parts of the Sky Base to moderate, but every moderator should also be aloud help out on other sections of the forums when necessary. By the way, ShadowCM. I know you don't quite want to have any other administrators aside from yourself, but I highly recommend that you allow other users to be administrators.

Here's how I would set up everything.

Doctor Adorkable, Jasper the Fox, and Myself (The administrators) - In charge of infracting, locking threads, and banning users

Steel Titanium and Streakster Typhoon - General Moderators

Mr.Black and (???) - In charge of the Story Forums

By the way, do we really need to assign specific moderators to moderate the Spam Forums? They're Spam Forums, you're technically allowed post anything you want in them. Also, that's only seven users out of all of the members that have been active on the Sky Base in the last few weeks if you're counting the yet to be decided partner for Mr.Black (Don't make it Teen Tails Aran please)

Updates:
Styles fixed, and possibly more to come
Wave 2 will be implemented tonight
Current wave 3 WIP list: SuperWind, DoctorAdorkable
Shop music item being worked on for the "url" problem, any help is appreciated.

I said to place the chat box on the portal, not on the top of the Forums section, silly.

Tyson TH
April 16th, 2013, 04:43
Yeah but, I was mainly concerned about the Story forums since they're always in need of an authority to close the thread or to unlock it.

TeamLava
April 16th, 2013, 06:58
Hey ShadowCM, can you change the music player so that I can just throw in a link to the video from YouTube and the sound from that will play? The music in the shop is crap.

Zhire'El
April 16th, 2013, 13:39
I suggest if the old admins of the site are still alive.
( I've seen Wind drift around here lately) they should be given their admin status back since they obviously have the experience with it, as to oppose one of our friends just being slapped on as Admins.
( I don't want Admin myself, since I don't want a strong grasp on the site.)
But anyway, keep doing what you're doing.

Colby
April 16th, 2013, 22:24
It's obvious that everyone is now going mod crazy, but it does not make sense to have all these mods. And for now since this causing so much trouble, deciding on mods will come later, when this situation isn't at a stage of "Gimme admin!"

SegTindog
April 16th, 2013, 22:32
Reminds me of SRB2.

mazefire3609
April 18th, 2013, 05:15
Reminds me of SRB2. We already knew this happens in every single forum/game that allows people to be admin & they'll just beg & whine over being an admin. Heck, I don't know how much of a good admin I can be since I never became admin in my life ( Well, maybe you can say something about me attempting to get the Skybase mature from that one thread since I wanted to try and cheer Sky up back then ) but I WOULD be admin, but we already have enough mods for the Skybase here. Streakster, Steel & Teen Tails Aran are already good enough for this. As well as ShadowCM since Sky already gave the skybase to ShadowCM as Sky isn't moderating anymore but still active.

Tyson TH
April 18th, 2013, 05:24
We already knew this happens in every single forum/game that allows people to be admin & they'll just beg & whine over being an admin. Heck, I don't know how much of a good admin I can be since I never became admin in my life ( Well, maybe you can say something about me attempting to get the Skybase mature from that one thread since I wanted to try and cheer Sky up back then ) but I WOULD be admin, but we already have enough mods for the Skybase here. Streakster, Steel & Teen Tails Aran are already good enough for this. As well as ShadowCM since Sky already gave the skybase to ShadowCM as Sky isn't moderating anymore but still active.
Kind of makes me wonder what 2010/2011 Sky would do.

SegTindog
April 18th, 2013, 05:35
Just five everyone admin or mod I think ty?

mazefire3609
April 18th, 2013, 08:54
Just five everyone admin or mod I think ty? Bro, are you SERIOUS?

Steel Titanium
April 18th, 2013, 20:25
No, he would not give everyone mod or admin, What he would do is just say no. Simple as that.

KitsuneFreak
April 18th, 2013, 20:32
That would be horrible to give everyone mod or admin.
WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING MY FRIEND?

Tyson TH
April 18th, 2013, 20:51
The same thing I thought when they gave you mod.

TeamLava
April 18th, 2013, 22:25
Whenever I try to customize my profile, all of the changes I made disappear after I refresh the page, even when I hit the save button.

Colby
April 18th, 2013, 22:33
I've noticed this a lot recently, it might be due to the 4.2.1 update that Sky implemented.

SegTindog
April 18th, 2013, 22:33
Well, Now that were off that mod and global mod crap or whatever whats next?

TeamLava
April 18th, 2013, 23:07
I've noticed this a lot recently, it might be due to the 4.2.1 update that Sky implemented.Well, can you fix it?

Colby
April 19th, 2013, 00:18
I think it's either a V Bulletin problem, or a Sky needs to help me problem, I'll PM him about this.