PDA

View Full Version : [Level] ShadowCM's House

Colby
April 21st, 2013, 23:14
Description:
This is a simple wad I started this morning, called ShadowCM's house (ShadHouse.wad), I will continue on this, and maybe even make it into a "SkyBase City" wad if the community supports it.

Screenshots:
5142Outside of house (There's a door, but the screenshot made it buggy)
5143Kitchen, has stove, counter, and sink
5144Main area
5145Restroom, has a latrine, and a bath tub
5146ShadowCM's Bedroom, has a bed, TV, and Laptop
5147Winter Poster, Prince ShadCM's favorite season
5148The yard, this is my first open view map! :3

Can you find the secret room? 5149

Download it now! (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cll6vq466q8h9c5)

KitsuneFreak
April 22nd, 2013, 04:27
I'd love to see more and especially a possible Skybasecity.wad

LJ Sonic
April 22nd, 2013, 13:28
Ow lol
Since a long time, I was thinking about starting Skybase.wad XD
But now the site does exist... I hope I will be allowed to do this...

Drake The Hedgehog
April 22nd, 2013, 16:28
All i gotta say is that this wad is amazing, I even like the inside of the house and the outside lol.

Colby
April 23rd, 2013, 01:09
Ow lol
Since a long time, I was thinking about starting Skybase.wad XD
But now the site does exist... I hope I will be allowed to do this...

I'd be honored to work along side you for a "SkyBaseCity" wad once it gets more planning done. I'll make a thread for it later on.

Zhire'El
April 23rd, 2013, 02:07
This is a good little map you got here, the scenic view is spectacular(heh) and just really good for a WIP indeed.

You planning on doing anything special for the secret room? seems kinda empty.

TaskBarR
April 23rd, 2013, 02:25
I could provide some textures for SkyBase city, I'm pretty good at spriting.
You could also make a 'Brony Hut' or something that has ponies from the MLP show dancing in it?

Colby
April 23rd, 2013, 02:53
1. Textures, maybe if they meet quality standards (probably will make a poll for that)
2. Ponies, no, this is a Sonic based site mainly, and ponies are too "iffy" on the site. I might add SF94 NPC's in later. (once I learn to apply the fof's and soc's)

TaskBarR
April 25th, 2013, 02:32
I thought like maybe you had to answer a little quiz to get into the Brony Hut.
Oh, and if people freaked out about it, that would go to show how sensitive some butthurt anti-bronies are.

Colby
April 25th, 2013, 02:39
I'm not adding ponies to this wad, sorry.

KitsuneFreak
April 25th, 2013, 03:11
I thought like maybe you had to answer a little quiz to get into the Brony Hut.
Oh, and if people freaked out about it, that would go to show how sensitive some butthurt anti-bronies are.

Is that really necessary to call people who aren't bronies that?

Colby
April 25th, 2013, 03:17
Anyway, let's stay on topic...

Anyone that wants a house for SkyBase City, please draw a top down layout on the picture and a description of your house (ex: color scheme, number of floors, objects inside, etc.

Tyson TH
April 25th, 2013, 03:21
A simple square sector?

Colby
April 25th, 2013, 03:38
Fill it out, you can add anything into it, and feel free to expand the house shape, that is just an example.

KitsuneFreak
April 25th, 2013, 03:42
I wish i knew how to use whatever you need for that.

Tyson TH
April 25th, 2013, 03:55
Fill it out, you can add anything into it, and feel free to expand the house shape, that is just an example.
Oh, alright then.

Colby
April 26th, 2013, 00:58
I wish i knew how to use whatever you need for that.

I personally use the SRB2 Doom Builder, because as far as I can tell, Doom Builder 2 does not support fofs or a specific srb2 config.

I also constantly refer to a moderately old tutorial that helps with everything from basics like the ground, to advanced things like adding water and underwater color. In fact I've only had to learn a few things myself (like teleporters and such), which I apply by studying other wads that include the features I like.

Here is where to find the SRB2 Doom Builder: LINK (http://workbench.srb2.org/srb2db/)

Here is an old tutorial, but it is the best in my opinion: LINK (https://www.srb2.org/dbtutorial/tutorial.html)

If you have any questions feel free to ask me, or maybe even LJ Sonic, if he is willing to help you. (He has helped me a lot with maps, and knows much more then me)

Sky
April 26th, 2013, 02:45
I personally use the SRB2 Doom Builder, because as far as I can tell, Doom Builder 2 does not support fofs or a specific srb2 config.It does support FOFs, and it does work with normal SRB2 (just don't use the SRB2CB exclusive objects, and it works fine). It's a lot better than SRB2 Doom Builder.

LJ Sonic
April 27th, 2013, 10:44
I am not against the fact of helping you in making this city. I started a long time ago making a NPCs wad to use it in my future Sky Base, but I only worked on it a few hours. But maybe I could finish it then send you the wad.

- - - - - - - - - -

Ho BTW, in this wad I though about making 8 NPC characters instead 4, but idk which chars I should use (it isn't yet functionnal currently).

Colby
April 28th, 2013, 11:59
I look forward to seeing this wad as part of SkyBase City wad. And thank you for joining me.

cyan sonic
May 1st, 2013, 22:08
very good map. Maybe a little empty. I hope you will make that SkyBase City