PDA

View Full Version : Cave Story (Doukutsu Monogatari)

Demnyx Onyxfur
March 4th, 2013, 03:57
Just wondering if there are any Cave Story fans roaming around Skybase. I've made a music swap in my free time, so... Yeah.

On to Grasstown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI6uBoBrHXY

Moonsong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lfb2QimbGE
Just thought I might share this in case anyone wants it.

Download: Mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?edrq7mox5d1bkjx)

- Added Title Screen/Plantation
-Added Moonsong
-Added Geothermal
-Added On to Grasstown

Jasper the Fox
March 4th, 2013, 05:00
Yes please. Cave Story is basically one of my favorite games hands down. I once replaced Quote with Jasper for the lolz.

Demnyx Onyxfur
March 4th, 2013, 05:03
I'll post it sometime tomorrow cause Im on mu Wii U right now.

SegTindog
March 4th, 2013, 22:48
I enjoyed playing the game and shooting crap.

Demnyx Onyxfur
March 4th, 2013, 23:27
It's fantastic when I'm not getting my ass handed to me. http://ponydom.org/images/smi/rdannoyed.png

KitsuneFreak
March 6th, 2013, 04:23
Um..Just what IS CaveStory?

Demnyx Onyxfur
March 6th, 2013, 18:53
Um..Just what IS CaveStory?
A really freaking awesome game. It has some points where you want to throw <insert thing your playing it on here> out the window, like Hell. It's called "Hell" for a reason.
It has 3 different endings: Bad, Bad(Good), and the Best ending which has requirements throughout the ENTIRE game. If you forget or screw one up, you must replay the entire game to get whatever you missed. Like when you and Curly go fight the Core. There's a Tow Rope in the very right of the room, but if you talk to Curly, the item is gone and you can't get the best ending. VERY fun game despite all that crap.

SegTindog
March 6th, 2013, 21:14
Its basically shooting and crap and the enemies are mostly the mimingas (sorry if spelling is wrong).
I've played it and it is better than any other 2D shooting game I've played.

Demnyx Onyxfur
March 6th, 2013, 21:20
the enemies are mostly the mimingas (sorry if spelling is wrong).
The only Mimiga enemies that you fight are Toroko (before Balrog, enraged), when you first meet Curly, that one in the Egg Corridor, the ones up on the island surface, and that's all I can think of. Enraged Toroko's a bitch if you can't get her into a pattern and if you keep getting hit by the blocks. Oh! And I guess Sue (boss rush thing before Hell) counts.
This is by far one of my most favorite 3D/2.5D/2D shooter.

Jasper the Fox
March 9th, 2013, 18:11
Speaking of Balrog, am I the only one that is a tad butthurt about "huzzah" being changed to "oh yeah"? This is Balrog not the Kool-Aid man!

Demnyx Onyxfur
March 9th, 2013, 18:26
I hated that change.. Anyone think the "4th Ending" is real? I saw on Youtube that the "Hideout" map has one line of text that only plays during this ending sequence, and that the rest of the coding is literally hidden within the .EXE itself.

SegTindog
March 9th, 2013, 20:32
I enjoyed playing cave story 3D.

- - - Updated - - -

I enjoyed playing cave story 3D.

TaskBarR
March 10th, 2013, 14:50
I really want to get cavestory for the 3DS but I don't have any money.

dage4 EX
April 27th, 2013, 04:49
www.cavestory.org

Cave Story is a game which was made by one person, Pixel. This game tends to be a really good game that looks like an 16-bit game mixed with good story and stuff that make games hard as heck. It's one of the greatest games I ever played, in my lifetime.

Want to see the whole game in 50 mins? www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NYJA-JGJx0

If you played the game, tell me your thoughts. Personally, I haven't beaten the whole game, but I think it's really challenging.

Jasper the Fox
April 27th, 2013, 15:00
http://srb2skybase.org/mb/showthread.php?t=1310

There's already a thread for Cave Story (and Cave Story +) related stuff here.

dage4 EX
April 27th, 2013, 23:00
Woops. Haven't been on the fourms in a while. Thought there wouldn't be any thread about it.

I think Sky has the honors to lock this one up, for now.

TeamLava
April 27th, 2013, 23:54
Woops. Haven't been on the fourms in a while. Thought there wouldn't be any thread about it.

I think Sky has the honors to lock this one up, for now.

Just ask ShadowCM to move your starting post to the Cave Story thread, then delete the rest of this thread entirely. On a side note, since you haven't been on the Sky Base in the while, I'm just going to let you know that Sky has retired and only checks on the site every once in a while.

Colby
April 28th, 2013, 12:01
I'll just lock it, and move it later. no point in having multiple open threads on one topic.

KitsuneFreak
April 28th, 2013, 22:50
Unlocked due to merging.

dage4 EX
May 1st, 2013, 13:57
2 threads going in the same thread. confusion time yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Anyways, I'm on Bloody Sacred Grounds on the 3D version and every time I get to Ballos, I forget one thing. The life pot. Every time I got there up till today I never used the Life Pot.

It would save me on every try I got there.

just gotta keep tryin

Jasper the Fox
May 1st, 2013, 15:46
Every time I got there up till today I never used the Life Pot.

One time I ended up beating Ballos without the use of the Life Pot simply because I forgot I had it. Good times... XD

dage4 EX
May 3rd, 2013, 22:42
I beated Ballos yesterday. Pretty proud.

1 time I made it to the third form and used the life pot there. I died at like 5-10 more hits for his forth form to die. Pretty sad after that.

TaskBarR
August 23rd, 2013, 00:52
Yeah, I know there's already a thread, but it's really old and dead and...old and I don't feel like bumping it.
I think that's against the rules, anyway.
So what do you guys think of the game?
Discuss tips, tricks, your favorite version, favorite character, anything!

So, there's a few topics I want to cover for the first post.

1. I am obsessed with this game now. I beat it a few days ago, and now I play mods and Curly Story and such. I play Cave Story +, because I think it's the ideal version of the game. My favorite mod is the fourth ending mod. I actually didn't think this game was very fun, I would not even go past the First Cave because I didn't like the genre. I replayed a week ago and I fell in love.

2. WAAAhHHHHhHHHHHH TOROKO WHHYYAYYAYYAAYAYYY!? WHY CURLY?! WHY KIINNNGGG?!

3. My favorite character has to be Quote. He's such an awesome dude.
Completely silent. Running around with the polar star.
Heck he even beat the 'SPOILER' at the very end and went through Hell itself!

Sky
August 23rd, 2013, 01:16
Merged. You don't need to create a new thread for an existing topic as long as you don't pointlessly bump it and if it's still something to discuss about.

TaskBarR
August 26th, 2013, 21:54
I'm actually going to be doing a Cave Story series on my channel if anyone is interested.
My channel is 'MrSonicfan253' for those who don't know.