2. Opinions on Ninja Theory's DMC: Devil May Cry

3. Will we ever see old dante again?

4. What's your favorite style?

5. Favorite game?

6. Favorite Weapons?

Feel free to add more to the topic

MajinD
May 6th, 2013, 07:54
Personally, my favorite game is Devil May Cry 3, cause it's the one that kept me occupied the most despite not being the hardest (DMC2 holds that crown). My favorite weapons are Rebellion (starting sword) and the shotgun in DMC3 when playing as Dante, and when playing Vergil it's Yamato, because of his rapid slash ability. To those wondering if we'll see the old Dante again, not in a DMC game. However, Project X Zone has DMC1 style Dante and Lady in it (google the game if interested xD). As for DMC: Devil May Cry, it's not a bad game, per se. It's just a case of them not really being sure so much about the feel of the story near the end (not saying due to spoilers). It's not the worst Devil May Cry, but it's most definitely isn't the best.

KitsuneFreak
May 18th, 2013, 04:24
Ouch, I think my heart just broke abit knowing that DMC4 would be where it left off
My favorite Close Range weapon would have to be Rebellion, Nevan & Cerberus
As for Long range, Shotgun & Pandora's Box and Who else but the dual pistols, Ebony & Ivory

I personally found DMC4 rather half assed after I've been playing it for awhile like seriously, Dante's stages where just Nero's backwards, The combat's still good it's just so unfinished since so many question's haven't been anwered, and 1 MAJOR thing that bugs me with the game is what's with the lack of costumes?!? I'm pretty sure everyone loved them in DMC3/SE

Honestly when playing DmC: Devil May Cry, I found the combat pretty good but as we all know, it's the fact that the characters from the original got tossed into a recycler, If the game had been called something else and the characters had different names, It would have been wonderful but they just had to slap the name Dante & Vergil in it which still pisses me off to this day after like months that the game had been released. The Devil Trigger and the White wig joke where the biggest slap in the face to the fans ever since a white wig just MAGICALLY lands on Donte's head.

I recently got Devil May Cry HD Collection and I've just beat DMC3 Earlier today

Playing as Vergil is very hard to adjust to for me since i'm so used to the styles Dante had and Devil may cry 2 is still annoying but fun in my opinion.
Bloody Palace in 3 is 100% better than the timed version in 4 but I do like the Proud Souls in 4 since it lets me keep my red orbs for items and stuff instead of using them to buy new skills and upgrades.

KitsuneFreak
June 18th, 2013, 00:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c6Jo4SWR3U

Let the debate begin.

Eevee13
June 18th, 2013, 18:03
To be honest with the new and old Dante's I like both of them, It's amazing how the updated him from old to new DMC's, but the Old Dante's hair could have stayed. I really like that white hair xD

KitsuneFreak
June 18th, 2013, 18:35
One thing that makes me cringe in devil may cry was in the first game..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a6lVeIPfzs
I just witnessed one of those yesterday..I-I don't even know how to describe it..

Critical Dude
June 18th, 2013, 18:44
I want to say that I prefer old Dante especially from DMC2.

KitsuneFreak
June 18th, 2013, 19:06
I want to say that I prefer old Dante especially from DMC2.

DMC2 felt unfinished to me, that damn helicopter boss..Why Capcom? Why?

Critical Dude
June 19th, 2013, 06:25
DMC2 felt unfinished to me, that damn helicopter boss..Why Capcom? Why?
The main reason I liked that one was because you had the ability to do "Devil Trigger".

KitsuneFreak
June 19th, 2013, 07:39
The main reason I liked that one was because you had the ability to do "Devil Trigger".

Say what now, Devil trigger is in all of them.

TeamLava
June 19th, 2013, 20:24
According to Sonic fantards, character design doesn't effect a game.

KitsuneFreak
July 30th, 2013, 07:18
I've been hearing that a DmC 2 is going to be made but I'm still calling bullshit on it due to the lack of sales DmC got from the majority of the hardcore Devil May Cry fans, which unfortunately what happened to DMC has practically happened to other games that weren't meant for casual gamers. DMC was always a Hardcore gamer thing but now, more and more games seem to be becoming casual..

Critical Dude
July 30th, 2013, 07:32
unfortunately what happened to DMC has practically happened to other games that weren't meant for casual gamers. DMC was always a Hardcore gamer thing but now, more and more games seem to be becoming casual..
They're toning down the gameplay, I wonder why?

KitsuneFreak
July 30th, 2013, 07:36
The removal of the styles was rather disappointing.

Watching Devil May Cry 1 - 4 and comparing to DmC it's just so...strange (I've got like 2 videos that I'm gonna post here sooner or later when I get the link)

Critical Dude
July 30th, 2013, 07:43
The removal of the styles was rather disappointing.

Watching Devil May Cry 1 - 4 and comparing to DmC it's just so...strange (I've got like 2 videos that I'm gonna post here sooner or later when I get the link)
I never got to play Devil May Cry 4 :/
Looks like I have to start watching the gameplay to give a good judgement.

KitsuneFreak
July 30th, 2013, 07:46
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKIq2U5p1LQ

vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwfPz6dZJ6c

Have fun. I've more, just ask if you want me to post more of these vids.

I'm feeling generous tonight. Here, Have another Video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKoaUpIls0`

Critical Dude
July 30th, 2013, 07:55
DMC4 Vs Reboot!
I pick the latter one!
The combos look really cool (although they keep spamming the awesome aerial combos). It even looks like the enemies don't even get to attack at all. I also love the background scenery for DMC Reboot as it gives me the feeling of fighting in an apocalypse.
Furthermore the dashing into enemies reminds of DBZ or Naruto.

I'd probably play DMC 4 just to see the story and the relations to DMC3.

KitsuneFreak
August 4th, 2013, 03:44
DMC4's rather cheap at the moment, DmC on the other hand, is still at a higher price.

have another video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRJeIZFlirg

Critical Dude
August 4th, 2013, 15:14
As I was watching the video I couldn't help but think why can't they throw the other of the platform, seeing the game felt like a restricted Soul Calibur.

KitsuneFreak
August 12th, 2013, 02:41
You must not understand the reason why then, Have you even played bloody palace in 3? It would be stupidly unfair if you could knock them off.
As I was watching the video I couldn't help but think why can't they throw the other of the platform, seeing the game felt like a restricted Soul Calibur.

- - - - - - - - - -

You must not understand the reason why then, Have you even played bloody palace in 3? It would be stupidly unfair if you could knock them off.

Not that I wanna sound like a dick or anything but, The difficulty comparing DMC 1, 3, & 4 to DmC Isn't even fair. I played DmC before I got good in Devil May Cry 3 & 4. DmC lacks Style meaning it lacks the ability to actually be a challenge since now, All you gotta do is mash the buttons for to preform attacks that where harder to use in the original 3 games (Yes, I know there's actually 4 but one shall not be spoken of)

- - - - - - - - - -

Can we like merge this with the other Devil May Cry Discussion thread I had made before?

Critical Dude
August 12th, 2013, 11:46
Not that I wanna sound like a dick or anything
You don't.

Can we like merge this with the other Devil May Cry Discussion thread I had made before?
Did you mean this thread: http://srb2skybase.org/mb/showthread.php?t=1494

KitsuneFreak
August 12th, 2013, 19:43
Yes, That one.

Critical Dude
August 12th, 2013, 22:50
Done!

KitsuneFreak
August 12th, 2013, 23:16
Devil May Cry should have stayed a hardcore game.

Critical Dude
August 12th, 2013, 23:34
Devil May Cry should have stayed a hardcore game.
To me it will always be...

KitsuneFreak
August 14th, 2013, 06:20
To me it will always be...

Pretty sure the only hardcore ones are 4, 3, and 1. They even had to lower the difficulty in 1 because it was that freaking difficult even on the normal difficulty.
It's not hardcore if it hasn't appeared in the famous Style Tournaments. No matter what way you look at DmC it's lacking that challenge.