PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Updates

Colby
May 11th, 2013, 19:41
This page will be for small updates and the discussions involved with them.

Small Update 5/11/13
Sky updated the website's Favicon. (the icon on the tab in your browser)

Tyson TH
May 11th, 2013, 21:13
The favicon has only appeared on the black homepage from what I've seen.

KitsuneFreak
May 11th, 2013, 22:10
I haven't seen anything different, could it be browser related? I use Firefox.

Tyson TH
May 11th, 2013, 22:21
I'm using Firefox too so I don't know what could be causing it.

Colby
May 11th, 2013, 23:10
Oh yea, I forgot to tell you all, clear your cache to make it appear, or press Ctrl + F5.

SegTindog
May 12th, 2013, 02:51
Well I cleared my cache but, the only favicon I see is a white page on the tab, the new favicon (Sonics emblem from the SA series and Heroes) is only on the Homepage like Tyson said.

Tyson TH
May 12th, 2013, 03:26
I see the Master Emerald when I'm on the forums (that's always been there, though).
Strangely enough, I've never seen the favicon load on my 3DS or Android.

Colby
May 12th, 2013, 21:49
Favicon changed back to emerald since the emblem one had problems.

Steel Titanium
May 12th, 2013, 23:18
The reason why it didn't update instantly is because it takes 24 hours for the new favicon to take effect.

Colby
May 12th, 2013, 23:29
It was still having problems with Firefox after the 24 hour mark (chrome worked fine though with it)

Steel Titanium
May 12th, 2013, 23:59
I know this is not related to the problem, but why can't we change the link color anymore on customize my profile?? It makes it hard to read on some profile with certain colors.

Colby
May 13th, 2013, 00:16
There have been a lot of user custom profile errors lately, but unfortunately we have no idea what the cause is. My advice is to try again and see if it works, some say it works sometimes.

Steel Titanium
May 13th, 2013, 01:02
I see what you mean, it also fails to save my new settings, and goes back to the old settings that was saved. I think a plugin update or forum update is causing it.

Colby
May 13th, 2013, 01:05
It might be the recent 4.2.1 update, if so, vbulletin has to fix it.

SegTindog
May 13th, 2013, 01:20
Could it be an xml or file that cause the problem?
If anything Sky will have to fix it or VB.

Colby
May 31st, 2013, 23:58
A few new icons here

:hurry: (hurry)
:waiting2: (waiting2)
:ftw: (ftw)

Got a smile for us? PM it in!

SnowFox
June 1st, 2013, 00:06
:waiting2:<-- Me waiting for the next Zelda game. but that is offtopic

I might use those BTW.

Colby
June 20th, 2013, 19:28
I added an MLP chat, so that
1. Haters don't have to deal with it in main chat
2. Might increase the group's popularity (which we need)

Anyone is welcome, but don't flame or anything there just like anywhere else, if you're a hater, it would be your fault for entering the MLP chat anyway.

TaskBarR
June 20th, 2013, 22:01
Yayuh!

Colby
July 11th, 2013, 14:36
MLP is no longer segregated from the main forum, it may be discussed in the main chat, and main forum in appropriate places. Although we do not want an excess of Pony threads because of this either.

NOTE: The MLP:FiM group will still be open for excessive Pony discussion, keep that in mind before you clog up the main forums everyone.

SegTindog
July 11th, 2013, 16:02
Let us hope this doesn't spiral out of control again.

KitsuneFreak
July 12th, 2013, 04:34
Let us hope this doesn't spiral out of control again.

It probably will, or cease to mature at the rate of being labeled a Sonic "FANSITE" even the damn MB Doesn't only talk about Sonic.

TeamLava
July 12th, 2013, 07:18
It probably will, or cease to mature at the rate of being labeled a Sonic "FANSITE" even the damn MB Doesn't only talk about Sonic.

That's because the SRB2 Message Board isn't full of mentally challenged children. The only time they mainly discuss Sonic is when a new Sonic title is coming out, or when a thread has to do with Sonic Robo Blast 2 itself. Personally, I wish I never bothered to troll the Message Board a few years ago so I wouldn't be permanently banned from the only decent SRB2 forum.

Colby
September 1st, 2013, 17:02
UPDATE: The Skybase Lotto will from now on have an entry fee of 5,000 points, it is in December, so you have plenty of time to save up.

KitsuneFreak
September 8th, 2013, 21:57
I still find this place to be lacking so much. I just can't describe what.

Steel Titanium
September 9th, 2013, 00:10
It's lacking activity, that's what it's lacking.

KitsuneFreak
September 9th, 2013, 00:30
It's lacking activity, that's what it's lacking.

Indeed.

Colby
October 13th, 2013, 16:55
The Infraction system has been updated, infractions now never expire until manually removed by an admin, and a tier 1 ban is automatically given after the 4th infraction. Points will also be removed from accounts for infractions, 5,000 vbPoints for every 1 infraction point.

KitsuneFreak
October 13th, 2013, 16:56
Wait, What the hell? Is it continuously taking points?

Sky
October 13th, 2013, 17:23
Wait, What the hell? Is it continuously taking points?What do you mean by continuously taking points...?

You get an infraction point, and it deducts 5,000 points. You get another infraction point, and it deducts 5,000 points, and so on. That's all there is to it, from what I can tell.

KitsuneFreak
October 13th, 2013, 17:26
What do you mean by continuously taking points...?

You get an infraction point, and it deducts 5,000 points. You get another infraction point, and it deducts 5,000 points, and so on. That's all there is to it, from what I can tell.

But CM said they don't expire like they used to. Wouldn't that mean it keeps taking points daily or something?

Colby
October 13th, 2013, 17:26
Each infraction is 1 infraction point
For every 1 infraction, 5,000 points are taken away

Also vbPlaza has been updated with some items, they are currently being tested on which ones do and do not work yet. User Title color changer works.

Sky
November 23rd, 2013, 18:10
The spoiler tag has been updated. Quote my post to see the correct usage (it's actually no different, but some people add extra spaces to it which are unnecessary).
- It's no use!
- Take this!
- How about dis?
- TAKE DISSS!And the infractions system has been refined a little: http://srb2skybase.org/mb/cmps_index.php?pageid=rules

Types of Infractions:
Minor Rule Breach: 1 point
Rule Breach: 2 points
Major Rule Breach: 3 points

Automatic Bans (you may be banned on the spot if admins deem it necessary):
1-4 points: Warnings
5 points: Tier 1 ban (14 days)
6-9 points: Warnings
10 points: Tier 2 ban (30 days)
11-14 points: Warnings
15 points: Tier 3 ban (60 days)
16-19 points: Final Warnings
20 points: Permanent banThis should make it a lot simpler to understand.

Critical Dude
November 23rd, 2013, 21:07
Cool tiny updates

Ors
November 24th, 2013, 21:42
Looks like I don't need to worry yet. (Doesn't mean that I'm trying to get 4 points)

Sky
November 24th, 2013, 21:54
Looks like I don't need to worry yet. (Doesn't mean that I'm trying to get 4 points)Heh, you'll never need to worry. We're really lenient here (though that doesn't mean you can go off disrespecting and flaming when you want to). Just use common sense, have fairly good grammar, and have respect for others and you'll never be infracted. That's the Skybase way. (Wow, that sounded really cheesy...)

Anyways, I plan on possibly adding some more BB codes and some smileys later on.

Ors
November 25th, 2013, 21:37
Heh, you'll never need to worry. We're really lenient here (though that doesn't mean you can go off disrespecting and flaming when you want to). Just use common sense, have fairly good grammar, and have respect for others and you'll never be infracted. That's the Skybase way. (Wow, that sounded really cheesy...)
That's why I like to post here now. Moderators on mb.srb2.org are NOT humoristic and they have given me 6 different warnings.

Critical Dude
November 26th, 2013, 23:52
Heh, you'll never need to worry. We're really lenient here (though that doesn't mean you can go off disrespecting and flaming when you want to). Just use common sense, have fairly good grammar, and have respect for others and you'll never be infracted. That's the Skybase way.
Downside (to underlined part):
- Some members take advantage of this and try to get the upper hand over the other in debates that have turned into online fights.

Sky
November 27th, 2013, 01:34
^Mmm, but we're quite past that now that the troublemakers have been banned, and if they come back the same or worse, they'll be banned again.

Also, I'll finally get around to adding possibly more BB Codes and smileys soon...provided I'm not lazy over the next few days.

Ors
November 28th, 2013, 07:32
Wht kind of BB-code changes do you do? I think here´s everything except colored letters.

Critical Dude
November 28th, 2013, 13:07
Hey Sky, is there a code for images that can be clicked and lead you to another website or webpage.

Sky
November 28th, 2013, 19:41
Wht kind of BB-code changes do you do? I think here´s everything except colored letters.Colored letters might come back, but I'll have to think about it. I think I'll bring it back, actually.

Hey Sky, is there a code for images that can be clicked and lead you to another website or webpage.You can do that already. Example:
http://srb2skybase.org/images/skybaselogo.png (https://www.google.com/)
(Takes you to google.com)

Here's the code (replace the parenthesis with brackets):

(url=https://www.google.com/)(img)http://srb2skybase.org/images/skybaselogo.png(/img)(/url)

Critical Dude
November 28th, 2013, 21:27
You can do that already. Example:
http://srb2skybase.org/images/skybaselogo.png (https://www.google.com/)
(Takes you to google.com)

Here's the code (replace the parenthesis with brackets):

(url=https://www.google.com/)(img)http://srb2skybase.org/images/skybaselogo.png(/img)(/url (http://srb2skybase.org/images/skybaselogo.png%28/img%29%28/url))
Thank you very much!

Sky
December 3rd, 2013, 18:39
.lmp files (SRB2 time attack files) have been authorized for direct upload. You no longer need to zip them up; just upload them directly.

Ors
December 3rd, 2013, 19:04
Thanks! That makes it easier to upload them.

Steel Titanium
December 3rd, 2013, 21:52
There should be a section or thread where you can post your time attacks.

Colby
December 4th, 2013, 01:34
Done. LINK (http://srb2skybase.org/mb/showthread.php?t=1994&p=25502#post25502)

Colby
March 7th, 2014, 02:05
3-6-14:
Skybase rule #1 has been updated, be sure to read up on it. More rule updates may be made in the near future.

KitsuneFreak
March 7th, 2014, 02:39
I agree

Critical Dude
March 7th, 2014, 11:20
I agree
Care to elaborate? Or is this fine without elaboration? (huehuehue)

Thanks for the updates ShadowCM!

Sky
April 6th, 2014, 05:24
The Sonic Adventure Modding forum has been removed, due to it being very inactive and frankly, useless.

I've also moved a few threads to the housekeeping bin (hidden dead threads forum), just to tidy up a bit.

Lat'
April 6th, 2014, 22:16
The Sonic Adventure Modding forum has been removed, due to it being very inactive and frankly, useless.

I've also moved a few threads to the housekeeping bin (hidden dead threads forum), just to tidy up a bit.

Also the SADX hacks forums weren't really hacks because it only added some textures, models and musics.
The only interresting SADX mod I saw so far was Sonic RDX which modified some levels and made the game harder

Sky
April 10th, 2014, 13:48
I've simplified the release guidelines notice in the Submissions forum, just to make it more simpler to understand.

You can also now upload Lua files directly with the attachment system.

Sky
April 20th, 2014, 22:00
Would this be considered a tiny update?

The modifications and submissions forums now use an upgraded posting thread format, much like the SRB2MB. You can customize details so much better now. I've converted the threads that were there before the update into the new system already.

Critical Dude
April 21st, 2014, 00:14
Would this be considered a tiny update?

The modifications and submissions forums now use an upgraded posting thread format, much like the SRB2MB. You can customize details so much better now. I've converted the threads that were there before the update into the new system already.
Of course it's a tiny update :D
A very handy one too!

Sky
April 21st, 2014, 17:54
The submissions guidelines have been tweaked to make the notice less of a giant wall of text.

EDIT: And the WIP Factory guidelines have been simplified. More updates to come, probably. Considering implementing the new modification system into the WIP factory forum.

Sky
April 22nd, 2014, 00:21
More "tiny" updates!

I've created a "Resolved Issues" forum for Helpdesk threads that have been...well...resolved. If you have a question, make sure to look through there first.

Also, several threads, specifically in the SRB2 General and WIP Factory forums, have been moved to a secret trash can (aka they've been trashed). They will have a "Moved" tag on them for the next two days, then they shall disappear! Forever! (Not really.)

Drflash55
April 22nd, 2014, 02:28
One tiny updates (not tiny, a BIG one) would be fixing the LUA scripts... EX. You hit an enemy, you die, but if you jump you can avoid death. That's a neat bug, but it's annoying for other players since you can cheat death.

Sky
April 22nd, 2014, 02:41
One tiny updates (not tiny, a BIG one) would be fixing the LUA scripts... EX. You hit an enemy, you die, but if you jump you can avoid death. That's a neat bug, but it's annoying for other players since you can cheat death.Um, what? This thread is for website updates, not for modification or SRB2 updates.

Critical Dude
April 22nd, 2014, 19:41
One tiny updates (not tiny, a BIG one) would be fixing the LUA scripts... EX. You hit an enemy, you die, but if you jump you can avoid death. That's a neat bug, but it's annoying for other players since you can cheat death.

Um, what? This thread is for website updates, not for modification or SRB2 updates.
Oh rofl!
Like Sky said this is a thread for "website updates", updates that apply to Srb2Skybase only. I hope you weren't confused when Sky said this: "Considering implementing the new modification system".

SegTindog
April 22nd, 2014, 21:02
Understand you're somewhat still new here but if you'd read through all the posts and pages you would see the updates only pertain to the SRB2 Skybase forum.

Sky
April 22nd, 2014, 23:44
A couple of threads have been moved to the secret trash bin, specifically some threads of the General Sonic Discussion forum.

And look! New smilies!

:hurry: (Replaced) Hurry!
:whoa: Whoa!
:thumbsup: Thumbs up!
:hmm: Hrm...

Sky
April 29th, 2014, 17:40
Removed that stupid Facebook "Like" integration at the top of every thread.

Lat'
April 30th, 2014, 10:10
What I could suggest is removing the "Supported" thing we have to check when we release a file, it is just... stupid.
Also, the big and huge supported and certified by Skybase quality icon should be added once the WAD is released (and not when it is posted)

Critical Dude
April 30th, 2014, 12:59
What I could suggest is removing the "Supported" thing we have to check when we release a file, it is just... stupid..
Don't you need that to have the page automatically know who helped you with a WAD, SOC or other type of modification?
If so then I would really say it's "stupid" because it can be quite useful to others.

Sky
April 30th, 2014, 13:31
Don't you need that to have the page automatically know who helped you with a WAD, SOC or other type of modification?
If so then I would really say it's "stupid" because it can be quite useful to others.I think he's talking about the supported checkmark on the right of the post. I'll see if I can remove it.

EDIT: Removed. It was kind of a useless feature.

Sky
June 13th, 2014, 16:49
Update to rule 1 of Submissions:

1. Do not claim work that is not yours to be your own! You must have legitimate permission to use someone else's work! For ports, contact the person that made the original mod first before posting and give credit to that person.

You must have permission from the person that made the original WAD now. Do not post ports of WADs that you do not have permission to port.

Colby
October 12th, 2014, 16:08
As of Nov. 1st, 2014, Skybase Weekly will be replaced with Skybase Monthly, with additional issues where needed. Also, the Members Archive will be up all month long in the month from now on, starting after the October Poll (aka also November).
http://cdn.broni.es/images/emotes/mlp-cemolestia.png http://cdn.broni.es/images/emotes/mlp-brayhappy.png http://cdn.broni.es/images/emotes/ohhbanana.png http://i.imgur.com/13MUnOr.gif

Sky
March 30th, 2015, 01:06
First (tiny) update of the year!

vBPlaza has been disabled due to the shenanigans it has made, and also because it's no longer supported by the developer and holes have opened up in it.

There is now an Experience tab to replace the void that removing the vBPlaza tab has done.

vBShout has also been slightly updated.

Lat'
March 30th, 2015, 11:28
Noesss i lost my colored text !!!

Xader
April 3rd, 2015, 21:03
Thank you've helped me with
this latest development.

Sky
September 15th, 2015, 13:37
The Chaos and Stories threads can now be viewed from the portal.

Sky
May 30th, 2017, 08:04
After a year and a half, here's another edition of "Tiny Updates."

Additional email features have been enabled, because for some reason they weren't before. The Skybase also now has its email domain to send stuff out (for stuff like password resets and notifications) instead of using Gmail. Woo. The Contact Us button at the bottom of the page is also updated with an actual form to fill out.

On a really advance notice, HTTPS support is coming soon...in like two years. Unfortunately, enabling HTTPS isn't free at this point in time.

Sky
July 31st, 2017, 03:18
Some updates: merged some forums into General Video Games and moved that under General Discussion, and also merged the Anime & Manga forum into Movies and TV shows (since we didn't have any discussion on Manga).

We now also just have one style: just the Skybase style instead of the all over badly managed Act 1 through 4 with the "Retro" style which was just the old Skybase logo.

And speaking of the Skybase logo, it's been cleaned up a bit thanks to Colby.

Sky
August 21st, 2017, 07:37
A bit of a small update: the navigation bar now highlights correctly when you're at the Portal and Experience pages now instead of just the Forum being the only thing highlighted.

You can now also customize the Portal by clicking "Customize This Page" at the top right if you wish to.

Sky
September 5th, 2017, 21:13
Redid the logo once again - making it less wide and now features Mania Sonic!

Sky
January 3rd, 2018, 05:50
We now support two-factor authentication. Go into your User CP Settings and activate it under Two-Factor Authentication for added security, if you wish.

Sky
May 9th, 2018, 01:01
Small tiny update: General Sonic Discussion and Upcoming Sonic Games have been merged into Video Games, since Sonic content no longer warrants its own forums due to the low amount of threads being made in those categories.

Sky
July 4th, 2018, 21:54
We now have HTTPS support.