PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Lost World

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tyson TH
May 17th, 2013, 16:03
Since yesterday, SEGA bought a domain name under soniclostworld.com (IIRC?) and when the new Nintendo Direct went live, the game itself was announced.

Here's the teaser image we got from Nintendo Direct:

http://www.sonicretro.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sonic_lost_world.jpg

The only other interesting news was:

Iwata has revealed that Nintendo & Sega have entered into a “worldwide partnership in the Sonic franchise”, and as such, Sonic: Lost World will be exclusive to Wii U and 3DS owners.

So yeah, this title will probably be skipped by some of us. There isn't any release date announced yet either, so the game's probably still in early development.

Anyways, feel free to state whatever your expectations and opinions are for the game as of right now.

KitsuneFreak
May 17th, 2013, 17:15
I want this.

mazefire3609
May 17th, 2013, 18:59
This game seems very interesting. Although I am still trying to beat all the Sonic games that exist except that ONE game that's only from japan that's an arcade which you only run on a treadmill to make your character run...Unless if I had learned to speak japanese and planned to move there and stayed there for 3 days.

SegTindog
May 17th, 2013, 19:12
I wonder if its a 2D or 3D kind of title, but besides that this seems like its going to turn out great, luckily i'm getting a new 3DSXL in a few weeks.

mazefire3609
May 17th, 2013, 19:19
Well I'm wondering if it's really the big project SEGA's been working on just like what MetalFighter's friend told him about from his friend's dad or something.
And yes I have a 3DS but failed to get the 3DSXL one but I don't have the Wii U yet.

Demnyx Onyxfur
May 17th, 2013, 19:23
I hope it's going to be full on 3D, but judging by the Tornado, it looks to me like a sequel to Sonic 4 Episode II.

KitsuneFreak
May 17th, 2013, 20:12
wait fuck, Wii u and 3ds
yay stuff out of my budget.

Colby
May 17th, 2013, 21:21
I'll look into the 3DS version probably, and I'm guessing that this will end up being the big bad box game. So enjoy?

Wind
May 17th, 2013, 21:23
That teaser image is epic. It's a shame that SEGA had to go and fuck up again by making this (and the next 2 Sonic games) a Nintendo console exclusive. Good luck getting sales on that game of yours, Sega.

Colby
May 17th, 2013, 21:37
I'm guessing they stuck with Nintendo to save themselves from money issues. They've been struggling, and their recent lawsuit doesn't look too kind in SEGA's money department either.

TaskBarR
May 17th, 2013, 21:48
I'm the only one with a Wii U!

NOW DOES IT SUCK GUYS? NOW DOES IT SUCK?
:P

mazefire3609
May 17th, 2013, 21:52

:P Whoa there Rex. No need to rub it in other people's faces nor being arrogant bro. We don't need things to get ugly around here just like the Ugly Barnacle. Unless if you're talking about if the game sucked, then from the looks of it, no ( Also guess where I've got the Ugly Barancle thing from ).

Colby
May 17th, 2013, 21:58

Mazefire is right Rex, you have no right to rub it in people's faces just because you have something that others' don't, and besides, for all you know the game could be a big fail like Sonic 06.

TaskBarR
May 17th, 2013, 21:59
When I announced that I had got a Wii U, you guys were all like

'Meh, Wii U sucks.'
'No games!'
'Good for you, I guess'

Now you guys will have to eat your words when you don't get the new Sonic game!
And how will it suck? Just because it's on a console you don't have?

Tyson TH
May 17th, 2013, 22:04

It's for 3DS too.

Colby
May 17th, 2013, 22:08
I think you must have skimmed it, 3DS is there too you know, Rex.

TaskBarR
May 17th, 2013, 22:10
I didn't skim it. The 3DS or DS versions of the console games are usually terrible.

Jasper the Fox
May 17th, 2013, 22:38
I didn't skim it. The 3DS or DS versions of the console games are usually terrible.

I thought Sonic Rush and all the DS versions were great. Regardless I'm curious what the "worldwide partnership" of SEGA and Nintendo will bring along with Lost World.

The Ace of Hearts
May 17th, 2013, 22:49
Very true, this could be a big success if SEGA pulls this off right. I'm neutral for now, until I see more at least.

mazefire3609
May 18th, 2013, 01:04
When I announced that I had got a Wii U, you guys were all like

'Meh, Wii U sucks.'
'No games!'
'Good for you, I guess'

Now you guys will have to eat your words when you don't get the new Sonic game!
And how will it suck? Just because it's on a console you don't have?
Well I'm the only one who never said anything good nor bad about the Wii U yet until I have it Rex.

Very true, this could be a big success if SEGA pulls this off right. I'm neutral for now, until I see more at least. Hey atleast the other Sonic games are good except Sonic 06 which is a game I still have in my drawer but it has some good music. I can't wait to see what the whole game is gonna be about.

Colby
May 18th, 2013, 01:30
Sonic music has almost always been good for me, Sonic Riders is the weak spot for me, but the rest is good (in my opinion)

Tyson TH
May 18th, 2013, 01:41
I found Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity's music to be memorable.

Sky
May 18th, 2013, 01:49
According to a couple of our readers, the official Sonic Facebook page leaked the Sonic Lost World announcement early this morning, including three images and the promise of more details May 29th. One of the images sounds like the above one released this afternoon, while another is said to have featured the outline of six ‘guardians’ from the game who may be friends or foes. What gives these details some credibility is that both readers say the leaked post mentioned the SEGA and Nintendo partnership for the next three Sonic games BEFORE it was even announced this afternoon.

You can read the 2 comments after the jump. Thanks to M.S. and Bark the Polar Bear for the info.

If you saw the images and managed to grab them before they were removed, please send us a news tip at news@sonicstadium.org.
M.S.
Submitted on 2013/05/17 at 6:33 am
The sonic Facebook page just leaked a picture of the lost world, six “guardians”,
And the announcement that sega and Nintendo are forming an “exclusive partnership” for three games.

Link (http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/05/sega-trademarks-sonic-lost-worlds/#comment-182604)
Bark the Polar Bear
Submitted on 2013/05/17 at 1:41 pm
The Facebook page accidentally leaked 3 pictures of the game with important information:
- Full details will be announced on the 29th.
- the lost world (not worlds) is a partially unfinished planet seemingly made of hexagon tiles.
- the game has six “guardians” who may be friends or foes- only their outlines are shown but they look very cartoony, like characters from Rayman.
- most importantly, Sega and Nintendo have entered an exclusive partnership for Sonic’s next three games.
These photos should still be accessible, they’re just not in posts but rather in the picture gallery itself.
At this point I consider the Somic Excursion rumor to have no credibility.

Link (http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/05/sega-trademarks-sonic-lost-worlds/#comment-182656)

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/05/rumour-sonic-lost-world-details-coming-may-29th-game-features-six-guardians/

The six "guardians" huh? It's just a rumor but it sounds sorta true.

Now for actual non-rumor news...

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Sonic the Hedgehog is rolling with Nintendo.
Sega says it will exclusively release the next three games starring the popular blue critter on Nintendo platforms. The first title will be called "Sonic Lost World" and is set for release on the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS later this year.

"With 'Sonic Lost World,' we're going to introduce new gameplay and enemies, which is always fun," said John Cheng, president and chief financial officer of Sega of America Inc. "In terms of Sonic and his friends, he'll have his same friends there, and I think there'll be some new ones as well. It's not a reiteration. It's going to be all new."

The original fast-paced side-scrolling "Sonic the Hedgehog" debuted in 1991. The twirling, ring-hoarding hedgehog became Sega's mascot and a video-game icon rivaling the likes of Mario and Pac-Man.

While his recent interactive exploits haven't achieved the same level of success as previous "Sonic" outings, the character has remained a presence in pop culture, appearing in cartoons, downloadable games and the Disney film "Wreck-It Ralph."

Sonic has competed against Nintendo's mustachioed spokesman Mario since 2007 in the "Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games" mini-game series. Cheng said the characters would be back for more match-ups in "Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games."

Over the past 22 years, Sonic and his friends have starred in dozens of games, including the hallmark 1992 sequel "Sonic the Hedgehog 2," 1997 3-D racer "Sonic R," 2002 hand-held adventure "Sonic Advance" and 2011 anniversary mash-up "Sonic Generations."

Sega says more than 75 million games and smartphone apps featuring Sonic have been sold worldwide. After the publisher stopped producing its own game consoles in 2001, Sega began releasing "Sonic" games for other systems, including Sony's PlayStation and Microsoft's Xbox.

Microsoft is expected to unveil a new Xbox console at an event in Seattle next week, following Sony's tease of the forthcoming PlayStation 4 earlier this year in New York.

Last fall, Nintendo launched the next generation of gaming consoles with the Wii U, which comes with a tabletlike controller called the GamePad. Nintendo said last March it has sold 3.45 million units worldwide, a disappointing start for the first of a new generation of gaming systems. Sega's Cheng believes bringing Sonic exclusively to the Wii U will help Nintendo.

"It should be a win-win situation," said Cheng. "Don't count Nintendo out."

http://news.yahoo.com/sonic-hedgehog-vid-games-coming-nintendo-144202899.html

Dang...this year will be interesting to say the least.

TaskBarR
May 18th, 2013, 01:58
Just a completely 'out there' rumor...but it's a planet floating in the sky...
Is it possible somebody submitted my game idea or SEGA somehow read it?
Not saying it's true, just thinking...
It would be so awesome.

Colby
May 18th, 2013, 03:44
Highly doubt it, many Sonic Fanfics involve Floating Planets of some kind, and even more stuff around the idea of it. No offense, but SEGA wouldn't take an idea from a random fan site like us.

TaskBarR
May 18th, 2013, 04:18
Not even an amazing idea like mine? (jk)
But seriously though, it COULD happen.

mazefire3609
May 18th, 2013, 04:24
Well, a plot about floating planets has been done about for like around 5 times if you count in Sonic X-Treme's cancelled plot. ( Sonic CD, Sonic X-Treme, Sonic Colors, Sonic 4 Episode II & Now Sonic Lost World ). Go look up Sonic X-Treme's plot here: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_X-treme_storylines#Story_4

Tyson TH
May 18th, 2013, 04:45
Sonic Colors 2 under a different name.

Zhire'El
May 18th, 2013, 04:50
Sonic Colors 2 under a different name.

It's gonna suck.

i cri

Tyson TH
May 18th, 2013, 04:59
What makes you say that?

KitsuneFreak
May 18th, 2013, 05:05
It's gonna be hyped up like how colors was and become a let down.

TaskBarR
May 18th, 2013, 06:11
How do you know TTA? Are you just saying that because it's a Ninty exclusive? This game doesn't have much hype at all, only a small announcement on Nintendo Direct. It will probably be great, we just have to see what the game is like before we judge on ONE screenshot.

Zhire'El
May 18th, 2013, 14:30
How do you know TTA? Are you just saying that because it's a Ninty exclusive? This game doesn't have much hype at all, only a small announcement on Nintendo Direct. It will probably be great, we just have to see what the game is like before we judge on ONE screenshot.

The same for Unleashed and 06, we only saw 1 shot of it and right after that they both got bad reviews.
And with SEGA bringing in more characters, its gonna suck.

- - - - - - - - - -

This game is not going to break the Sonic Cycle sadly.
And I remind you of it right now:

TaskBarR
May 18th, 2013, 16:02
Like I said before, DO NOT JUDGE THE FREAKIN' GAME UNTIL YOU PLAY IT.
I HATE how people assume a game on another console is going to suck! Keep in mind, this is being made BY NINTENDO AND SEGA. Nintendo usually polishes games. And Sonic Colors and Unleashed didn't suck, they were quite enjoyable. And who ever said the guardians were new characters? Why can't they be bosses, hm? You, STC, are one of those Sonic fans who thinks that whenever SEGA introduces something new, it means it's going to stink. And 06 would have been great if they had time to polish it. Don't judge a game on a screenshot and a description, please. You don't know ANYTHING about it, nor do I.

KitsuneFreak
May 18th, 2013, 16:41
Colors did suck
It was way too short and not even close to as difficult as Unleashed was
Eggmanland <3

mazefire3609
May 18th, 2013, 18:44
I like Sonic Colors and the best thing about it is the wisps but without the wisps then it would be only the same old Sonic Unleashed gameplay in day time version ( I know this game plays exactly like Unleashed except the wisps are there ). Plus I like Sonic Unleashed too but the Werehog stages can sometimes be hard than daytime stages.

And again, what's wrong about SEGA bringing in more Sonic characters? Complaining about the large cast is a wrong complaint unless if they're talking about:

1. I hate it when the game forces me to play the same levels over and over again with minor changes: They're talking about YOU Sonic Heroes.
2. I hate it when the game abruptly changes into something different: Especially with the bad programming eh Sonic 06?

3. My favorite character didn't get enough screentime because of the other characters: Oh boo hoo, Shadow has been having screentime for 3 seconds. He'll only have more screentime if he's the main character.
4. I heard about some funny guy on Youtube make a joke about Sonic having too many characters and me, having no personality or basic thoughts of my own brainlessly repeat what they said: That should be an description of every single person on Youtube.
5. The characters are badly written: Silver's one of the finest characters of the Sonic series except his worst crime is that he appeared in Sonic The Hedgehog 2006. Originally Roger was gonna do a Sonic dissected about Shadow but he's afraid of the Shadow fans that might want to gain the shit up on him. Even the fangirls too.

6. I'm an elitest jerk who hasn't grown up since the 90's and demand the Sonic games that never evolve beyond the genesis games: Bleh, grow up. There are new generations of video games out there and the future of gaming is already upon us.
7. The characters are comepletely unnecessary within the story: Oh. OOOHHHH. That explains the no reason for Amy to save Sonic when Tails is already there to save him. Not just that but OTHER things that are unnecessary.

KitsuneFreak
May 18th, 2013, 19:28
Well, Colors just seemed like a let down compared to unleashed in my opinion
It has nothing memorable about the stages in my opinion unlike unleashed rooftop run segment where you had to avoid the walls by side stepping and hitting the Jump panel or whatever, Colors also lacked a hub world which I really liked during Unleashed

Tyson TH
May 18th, 2013, 19:45
Colors did a much better job than Unleashed if you ask me. The topic in hand is no longer just the daytime styled stages anymore, but the game in general. Which I guarantee you Colors did a hell of a lot better than Unleashed in that aspect.

Besides, who says Colors was going for the exact same formula Unleashed did for the daytime stages? You're forgetting the fact that it was going for more of a platformer feel along with the optional (for the most part) gimmicks with the Wisps than the boosting and going for the shortest times while memorizing all the obstacles in the way kind of gameplay Unleashed went for.

In the end, I think Colors tops it off in being a better game in all. The story is hilarious, the new characters are actually interesting and don't speak, the music is great, the final boss is nowhere near as tedious, etc. If you asked me, either version of Unleashed doesn't have much going for itself other than the Unleashed stages and the boss fights.

Anyway, when I said Lost World would be Colors 2, I meant it would probably be very similar to it in many ways. For example, the huge planet in the sky (Interstellar Amusement Park in Colors), Sonic & Tails seem to be the only main characters in the story again (excluding Eggman if he's even in it), and just the fact that it's on a Nintendo console and the rumors that Nintendo will be helping on this title gives me that thought.

KitsuneFreak
May 18th, 2013, 19:54
Colors lacks the challenge unleashed did.

Tyson TH
May 18th, 2013, 19:57
Eh, the challenge is still there, it's just not requiring you to react every second of level so you don't really tend to worry as much.

mazefire3609
May 18th, 2013, 20:05
Who the FUCK cares that if any game has tons of/hardass challenges or not? Sonic 06's Soleanna missions were hard. Sonic Adventure's missions weren't even all that hard. Sonic Heroes's Bullet Station Team Chaotix's EXTRA mission is the hardest Team mission to do ever on one level. There can other things fun about video games too.

And oh, how nice of you to have sucky physics that ruins the missions Sonic 06 ( Sarcasm ). Atleast I've got all S ranks in missions. And I think that Sonic Lost World would be twice as more the fun than the other Sonic games that came out.

Colby
May 18th, 2013, 20:17
Now to topics a bit more closer to the main topic:
I wonder if Eggman and/or Robotnik manage to escape LIMBO

Tyson TH
May 18th, 2013, 20:27
Huh, I forgot all about Eggman being stuck in Limbo. I wonder if Classic Eggman will make even a small little cameo since they were left together in that scene or if SEGA will just cheaply cut him out with no explanation or memory of ever being together.

KitsuneFreak
May 18th, 2013, 20:30
Huh, I forgot all about Eggman being stuck in Limbo. I wonder if Classic Eggman will make even a small little cameo since they were left together in that scene or if SEGA will just cheaply cut him out with no explanation or memory of ever being together.

They probably will cut him out cheaply.

mazefire3609
May 18th, 2013, 20:35
I doubt it would make sense how they fucking did get out of the limbo ( I'm in a grumpy mood since what happened last hour ago and the lag was slowing me down from posting ). >~>

TaskBarR
May 18th, 2013, 21:02
Yeah, they have huge plot holes to patch...
But what if Eggman/Robotnik isn't even the villain anymore? It would make sense for SEGA to take him out. He was getting really, really old by Generations. Maybe the 5 guardians will be the bosses/semi-antagonists? Maybe they are under some sort of mind control by a new big bad?
Possibilities.

The Ace of Hearts
May 18th, 2013, 21:22
Well, people still play LoZ to fight Ganondorf; Mario almost always involves Bowser as the big baddie; I don't see Eggman going away from Sonic games, although I will not count it impossible, because SEGA has been the trend setters in the past, being the first disk console holders, first online play, and etc.

KitsuneFreak
May 18th, 2013, 21:42
That would be like removing Sonic out of Sonic games
You can't remove the main character setup without having it fall apart
Eggman/Robotnik has been in almost every sonic game somehow minus the spin off games.

Zhire'El
May 18th, 2013, 23:00
Like every other Sonic game.

- - - - - - - - - -

Ill be looking at Knack if you need me.

TaskBarR
May 18th, 2013, 23:38
I love how when I post something to think about, you guys immediately jump on it. I GROAN, literally GROAN every time I see Eggman appear. He's not even a funny antagonist anymore, much less diabolical then he was in the Adventure series. One moment I thought was hilarious was when he tried to mind control Tails, proceeding moments later with the spell being broken by 'friendship'. I seriously thought I was going to fight Tails, which would have been an awesome boss.LOLNOPE. That was also the cheesiest cutscene in the game.

Sky
May 18th, 2013, 23:49
proceeding moments later with the spell being broken by 'friendship'....not even. Eggman simply ran out of Hyper-go-on power.

KitsuneFreak
May 19th, 2013, 00:26
Cheesiest cutscene?
Wasn't that the no copyright law can stop me one the cheesiest?

TeamLava
May 19th, 2013, 06:10
Its probably going to be another crappy Modern Sonic title that plays like Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors with 2D sections that play like Sonic 4 / Sonic Rush, which automatically makes the game play and physics shitty. I bet we won't even be able to go around and explore either, it's just going to be this open ramp place with all of the shit you want to play in the background *cough*Generations Modern Sonic Green Hill Zone*cough*. Oh well, that one guy that owns a Wii U will buy the game anyways because Sonic's on the cover.

mazefire3609
May 19th, 2013, 07:21
There are two questions that are the same thing though. Wouldn't keeping everything safe would be easier if Sonic had already killed Eggman WAY before all the Death egg, Little Planet, Chaos, ARK, Metal Sonic & all those evil planned happened? Does Sonic even have a point in hesitating to kill Eggman before he ever comes back with a new evil plot? Even Metal Sonic wouldn't have come back if he had already finished him off in the end of Sonic Heroes before he would've got restored. Plus Shadow will never be released from the pod from the G.U.N Base without anyone else freeing him.

Tyson TH
May 19th, 2013, 07:48
"Just a hedgehog who loves adventure". Does that answer your question?

MetalFighter
May 19th, 2013, 07:55
Sega + Sonic = Eh...meh...depends. Nintendo + Sega + Sonic = This shit is gonna rock. I am eagerly awaiting for this. I don't have a Wii U but if I find out that the game is indeed good like many expect it to be, then I will buy one just to get the game.

TaskBarR
May 19th, 2013, 14:42
Sonic should kill Eggman. What he's done is unforgivable to Earth, Mobius, and other surrounding areas. If I believe right, he actually DID kill Robotnik off in the comics before Eggman from another dimension stepped in.

Sky
May 19th, 2013, 16:33
Sonic should kill Eggman.
No. Are you crazy?

TeamLava
May 19th, 2013, 17:29
Sonic is too mentally challenged to kill Robot.. I mean EGGMAN. Its not like EggMan is much of a threat anyways, he's been acting like a total idiot ever since the abomination of a game Sonic Adventure.

dage4 EX
May 19th, 2013, 17:39
Sonic should kill Eggman. What he's done is unforgivable to Earth, Mobius, and other surrounding areas. If I believe right, he actually DID kill Robotnik off in the comics before Eggman from another dimension stepped in.

People have made stuff like this, but it is something you should not check out.

The fact that it is on 3DS and Wii U only boggles my mind. SEGA is just reverting to bad ideas just to get their budget high. I hope SEGA knows what they're doing before this game gets released.

Demnyx Onyxfur
May 19th, 2013, 18:51
What would the Sonic Universe be without the Great and Powerful Doctor? Would a new antagonist come into play?

KitsuneFreak
May 19th, 2013, 20:01
What would the Sonic Universe be without the Great and Powerful Doctor? Would a new antagonist come into play?

inb4 eggman nega

Zhire'El
May 20th, 2013, 00:03
Inb4 New Character.

mazefire3609
May 20th, 2013, 00:05
In before Metal Sonic if Eggman was killed while Metal sonic was already still created. Or possibly Mephiles if he had first appeared in other Sonic games rather than Sonic 06. One question though. If Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 never really happened, how the hell did Silver came back in Sonic Rivals, Sonic Rivals 2, Sonic Colors ( DS ) & Sonic Generations and not Mephiles The Dark & Iblis Trigger?

Heck, I don't know if Sonic Lost World would explain this or only just about how Dr. Eggman/Robotnik escaped the Limbo.

Zhire'El
May 20th, 2013, 00:18
In before Metal Sonic if Eggman was killed while Metal sonic was already still created. Or possibly Mephiles if he had first appeared in other Sonic games rather than Sonic 06. One question though. If Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 never really happened, how the hell did Silver came back in Sonic Rivals, Sonic Rivals 2, Sonic Colors ( DS ) & Sonic Generations and not Mephiles The Dark & Iblis Trigger?

Heck, I don't know if Sonic Lost World would explain this or only just about how Dr. Eggman/Robotnik escaped the Limbo.

SEGA really screwed themselves up on that one.

TIME PARADOX!

TaskBarR
May 20th, 2013, 03:47
Like I said, Eggman is either gone or SEGA will have to pull an impossible scenario to get him out of limbo.
inb4 fanrage

Tyson TH
May 20th, 2013, 17:27
It'd be pretty odd getting rid of the most hilarious character in the series like that. They'll probably at the very least make a cutscene where Sonic & Tails are confused to see Eggman, I suppose.

SegTindog
May 20th, 2013, 19:57
We have 3DS's also so its not like we're gonna miss it well some of us I wonder how the graphics will be.,

KitsuneFreak
May 20th, 2013, 21:29
We have 3DS's also so its not like we're gonna miss it well some of us I wonder how the graphics will be.,

3DS Versions are never like the console versions.

SegTindog
May 20th, 2013, 23:52
Well if this was on the wii then it would be the same almost besides the Wii U's graphics are just about the same as the wii but in hd right and you can run more games at a better graphic level I believe because some games are for the Wii and Wii U like skylanders but shares almost the same graphics right?

Zhire'El
May 21st, 2013, 01:09
Well if this was on the wii then it would be the same almost besides the Wii U's graphics are just about the same as the wii but in hd right and you can run more games at a better graphic level I believe because some games are for the Wii and Wii U like skylanders but shares almost the same graphics right?

Yeah thats right.

TaskBarR
May 21st, 2013, 02:09
You also forgot about the GAMEPAD which opens hundreds of new possibilities.

KitsuneFreak
May 21st, 2013, 02:10
You also forgot about the GAMEPAD which opens hundreds of new possibilities.

Ohh, you mean the Wii with a tablet right?

SegTindog
May 21st, 2013, 02:10
You mean that 3DS they call a gamepad well its actually just the same thing as the 3DS except its not portable well I guess you can take it but it will lag or if you dont have wifi you can do anything with it.

Tyson TH
May 21st, 2013, 02:12
Yes, and the one with a much more open and civilized community than the XBOX360.

SegTindog
May 21st, 2013, 02:15
Nintendo's products have always been user friendly if you could say but if you wanna post something the moderators there will have to check if its alright and thats like 10-20 minutes

Tyson TH
May 21st, 2013, 02:17
Eh, the 10-20 minutes duration of approval doesn't really seem that bad. Especially when you're just posting something about a game. Better than having some idiot complaining in that specific game's community saying "fuk this ggame everyone is haxxin on multi player but it dosent matter sence im doing ur mom ahahaha".

SegTindog
May 21st, 2013, 02:25
Yeah, When you think about it them moderating what you post may help keep arguments from starting and stuff.

KitsuneFreak
May 21st, 2013, 02:33
Yes, and the one with a much more open and civilized community than the XBOX360.

Why the hell you dragging Xbox into this?
Your forgetting PS3 Users too.

Zhire'El
May 21st, 2013, 02:37
The Nintendo community is no better either, stop being biased Tyson.

TaskBarR
May 21st, 2013, 02:44
They don't have to approve anything for me, as soon as I post something, it comes up immediately.
Also, it's not just a 3DS attached to the Wii U.

Want to check your inventory in Zelda without having to pause the game? Check.
Want to play on your Wii U while someone else uses the TV? Check.
Want to use the gamepad for fun and innovative minigames involving the TV? Check. (Nintendo Land has some good examples)

There are other possibilities. For instance, (and this is just an example) a platformer which you play by looking at the TV, but there are some moments where you have to tap and interact with things to continue.

The gamepad is not a 3DS. Stop saying that, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Tyson TH
May 21st, 2013, 02:47
Just my opinion if you ask me. You don't really see kids like those playing games on Nintendo consoles, do you? I'm not saying that's what the entire fanbase is made up of. I know there's tons of people who don't act like that but Nintendo's Wii U services already seem to be fixing the mistakes or not accepting the risks that Microsoft and possibly Sony have or taken.

Anyway, let's just get back on the subject of the actual thread.

SegTindog
May 21st, 2013, 04:57
You want to use a bigger screen because the game pad maybe too small YES.
They didn't bother to name it properly because it isn't just about U its about the whole family to enjoy so at least it could've been Wii HD and in many ways both handhelds are alike.

Zhire'El
May 21st, 2013, 11:48
Just my opinion if you ask me. You don't really see kids like those playing games on Nintendo consoles, do you? I'm not saying that's what the entire fanbase is made up of. I know there's tons of people who don't act like that but Nintendo's Wii U services already seem to be fixing the mistakes or not accepting the risks that Microsoft and possibly Sony have or taken.

Anyway, let's just get back on the subject of the actual thread.

Even COD is on the Wii-U.
Look, dont start stating stuff you dont know shit about, Im not going anything else about the Wii-U as long as you dont say anything about the 360/PS3.

Tyson TH
May 21st, 2013, 17:34
I already knew COD was on the Wii U, what does that have to do with anything? Most people are still going to be playing it on 360 and PS3 anyway.

Do you think I'm just blurting these things out? I have a somewhat okay bit of hands-on experience with the consoles but not the point where I know how every little detail works. I'm not going to continue since I don't want to start another "Console Wars".

SegTindog
May 21st, 2013, 17:45
There are other games like assassins creed on the wii u but lets just get back to discussing Sonic Lost Worlds please...

Zhire'El
May 21st, 2013, 19:55
On topic:Sonic Cycle For the win.

Colby
May 21st, 2013, 21:55
They don't have to approve anything for me, as soon as I post something, it comes up immediately.
Also, it's not just a 3DS attached to the Wii U.

Want to check your inventory in Zelda without having to pause the game? Check.
Want to play on your Wii U while someone else uses the TV? Check.
Want to use the gamepad for fun and innovative minigames involving the TV? Check. (Nintendo Land has some good examples)

There are other possibilities. For instance, (and this is just an example) a platformer which you play by looking at the TV, but there are some moments where you have to tap and interact with things to continue.

The gamepad is not a 3DS. Stop saying that, you have no idea what you are talking about.

This actually gives me a bit more respect for the WiiU since you provided such great examples

Also, we really should get back on the topic of the game itself. So, I wonder if we can play as more then just Sonic in 1P mode? Discuss.

TaskBarR
May 21st, 2013, 21:58
Let's discuss music...
I wonder if the music will be...

1. Classic Style (This one is painfully obvious)
2. Colors (Lots of electronic with some rock)
3. Adventure (All techno and rock)
4. Unleashed (Mishmash?)

Colby
May 21st, 2013, 22:06
One thing I'm willing to bet is another Crush40 song, I just hope it's a good one.

SegTindog
May 21st, 2013, 22:08
I love the music in sonic games especially the ones by crush 40 which I hope some of their music is in this game the graphics will be the same most likely but we should discuss the options of multiplayer also whether its local or online for me this is really for the 3DS but since its on the Wii U also I'm talking about both.

Colby
May 21st, 2013, 22:16
I'm going to tackle 3 topics now...

Music: I bet it will be good as usual as long as they don't do what they did in Free Riders (it burns my ears!)

Multiplayer: I'm going to guess the 3DS version might have a server similar to the Generations, and the WiiU version will probably have something too, unless SEGA decides otherwise (because Nintendo definitely wants to do a lot of WiFi things lately).

Game: I'm going to guess that Dimps will be in charge of the 3DS port too.

SegTindog
May 21st, 2013, 22:22
Yeah most likely unless theres a super sonic boss fight and he's not playable afterwards due to that which is the one reason why I regret playing portable hand held versions of sonic games(Besides sonic advance 3 because you can play as super sonic in stages) but nintendo's always been allowing wifi multiplayer and local across games I guess its whether or not the game is worthy enough to have it.

Tyson TH
May 22nd, 2013, 00:56
(Besides sonic advance 3 because you can play as super sonic in stages)

I'm sorry, what? That's not true.

SegTindog
May 22nd, 2013, 01:15
I'm sorry, what? That's not true.
Action replay and game shark codes allow to play as the real supersonic.

Tyson TH
May 22nd, 2013, 01:28
Oh, well I kind of thought you were referring to only legit gameplay.

SegTindog
May 22nd, 2013, 01:48
Oh, well I kind of thought you were referring to only legit gameplay.
Well you still play the same and its not like you actually has the legit moves in the gameplay so yeah.

mazefire3609
May 23rd, 2013, 21:17
My friend told me that he found out that there's gonna be a new charcater and new gameplay including the Sonic fanbase freaked out with responses: GOD ANOTHER USELESS IDIOTIC DUMBASS CHARACTER!
THE PHYSICS! DUUDDE! NEW GAMEPLAY ISN'T AN EXCUSE FOR SHITTY PHYSICS!

And then in another side: WHAT'S THE PERSON LOOK LIKE?!
WE NEED PORN!
I NEED THE NAME AND THAT'S FOR MY OTP!

...Alright. 3 questions.

1. Why is the Sonic fanbase ALWAYS like that?
2. Why do so many people make porns of video game, anime & TV show characters ( I'm not saying that I don't accept people who faps into something because I'm not very much of an stereotype enough to deny who people are ).
3. Are every other fanbase are worse too since not only the Sonic fanbase?

Colby
May 23rd, 2013, 21:33
1. Since a good chunk of Sonic Fans are 10-13 year olds that love to complain you get comments like that. But the more mature ones (like us here on skybase), stay silent most times and observe carefully, to give accurate reviews of the new whatever after it comes out most of the time. That or we have (semi)mature discussions here about it.
2. Rule 34, nuff said
3. Most fanbases are just like that don't worry (except for the dust fanbase, they are very stuck up)

KitsuneFreak
May 23rd, 2013, 21:39
We'll probably get a trailer for this in a few months.

Zhire'El
May 23rd, 2013, 21:40
My friend told me that he found out that there's gonna be a new charcater and new gameplay including the Sonic fanbase freaked out with responses: GOD ANOTHER USELESS IDIOTIC DUMBASS CHARACTER!
THE PHYSICS! DUUDDE! NEW GAMEPLAY ISN'T AN EXCUSE FOR SHITTY PHYSICS!

And then in another side: WHAT'S THE PERSON LOOK LIKE?!
WE NEED PORN!
I NEED THE NAME AND THAT'S FOR MY OTP!

...Alright. 3 questions.

1. Why is the Sonic fanbase ALWAYS like that?
2. Why do so many people make porns of video game, anime & TV show characters ( I'm not saying that I don't accept people who faps into something because I'm not very much of an stereotype enough to deny who people are ).
3. Are every other fanbase are worse too since not only the Sonic fanbase?

1. The fanbase is a mix of pre-pubescent teenagers, basement dwellers, and ordinary fans( rarely )
I think with the 06 effect, the fans despise new characters because they think their gonna be unoriginal, god-modded, and or have a back-story.
So yeah.

2. Because many years ago, someone made the rule named "63", which caused porn artists running crazy trying to make porn of everything on the internet, and they succeeded, Sonic is very easy to make porn of since their anthropomorphic in the first place, this has been happening since Animaniacs and any other show that has animals with human like structures.

3. I'm sure the other fanbases have their dark secrets too. I mean, we're only 4th in the most fanfics ever created, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, and Kingdom Hearts are above us.( Kingdom Hearts having the most).

MetalFighter
May 23rd, 2013, 22:05

I fucking swear if these characters are playable I will go kill myself...

Colby
May 23rd, 2013, 22:14
1. They look like bosses

Now behold as I mock them before we even know them
*left to right order*
1. Sexy bush
2. Demon Monkey
3. Return of the Headless Wisp
4. Lion demon guy (brother to monkey demon for no reason)
5. Eggman Jr.
6. Jester/Echidna/Old Man

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, is is just me or has Sonic really had a lot of aliens lately.

-Shadow Spin-off
-Sonic Riders (kinda)
-Colors
-Generations?
-Rush (kinda again)
-Some others I'm forgetting.

SegTindog
May 23rd, 2013, 22:52
I hope Dimps doesn't have anything to do with the 3DS version because, People bashed the Sonic Generations 3DS version because it wasn't "nearly as good as the HD versions" (which is stupid, Gens 3DS was great IMO). Not only that but Sega also said they were changing Sonic's gameplay up after Sonic Generations, so it's possible for Sonic to no longer have the Boost formula (Rush, Unleashed, Colours, Generations.) Then why would Dimps still be the creators of this new handheld? They could try going for another Sonic Advance-style game, but I don't know.

Think about this for a second: What if Sega is thinking about making a fully 3D Sonic game on the 3DS? Possibly a lower res (graphics wise, not technical wise) version of the Wii U title? Does that not sound pretty amazing? The 3DS can surely handle it.

If they do go for a 2D Rush-style game, I think they'll lose a lot of buyers on it, because the Handheld games have been essentially the same since Rush. People are getting bored with it.

Sky
May 23rd, 2013, 22:55
"The Lost World. Are they friends or foes? Find out on May 29th." -SEGA's Twitter/Facebook

Also: 5397

New Tornado design.

Colby
May 23rd, 2013, 22:56
I think it would be good for them to make the levels work around the characters to make them feel fast, yet they wouldn't be super fast in reality, to give a good illusion, and to give more quality control over the character. That's what they did in the classics, sonic was actually slower than mario, but the levels were built to make him seem faster.

- - - - - - - - - -

*see's tornado revision* What was so wrong with the SADX one, I liked the small jets!

KitsuneFreak
May 23rd, 2013, 22:57
I hope Dimps doesn't have anything to do with the 3DS version because, People bashed the Sonic Generations 3DS version because it wasn't "nearly as good as the HD versions" (which is stupid, Gens 3DS was great IMO). Not only that but Sega also said they were changing Sonic's gameplay up after Sonic Generations, so it's possible for Sonic to no longer have the Boost formula (Rush, Unleashed, Colours, Generations.) Then why would Dimps still be the creators of this new handheld? They could try going for another Sonic Advance-style game, but I don't know.

Think about this for a second: What if Sega is thinking about making a fully 3D Sonic game on the 3DS? Possibly a lower res (graphics wise, not technical wise) version of the Wii U title? Does that not sound pretty amazing? The 3DS can surely handle it.

If they do go for a 2D Rush-style game, I think they'll lose a lot of buyers on it, because the Handheld games have been essentially the same since Rush. People are getting bored with it.

Dimps most likely will since I highly doubt anyone else will.

SegTindog
May 23rd, 2013, 23:00
I hope they make it fully 3D for the 3DS version because its capable of handling it and I love the new tornado design but I will miss the old one.

- - - - - - - - - -

Dimps most likely will since I highly doubt anyone else will.I am pretty sure sega can find other companies who can help with this.

KitsuneFreak
May 23rd, 2013, 23:01
I hope they make it fully 3D for the 3DS version because its capable of handling it and I love the new tornado design but I will miss the old one.

- - - - - - - - - -

I am pretty sure sega can find other companies who can help with this.

Like who then?

SegTindog
May 23rd, 2013, 23:03
Well I actually can't think of anyone now that you ask but that doesn't mean they can't and even if Sega can have dimps make the gameplay more like the console versions.

Zhire'El
May 23rd, 2013, 23:11
Well I actually can't think of anyone now that you ask but that doesn't mean they can't and even if Sega can have dimps make the gameplay more like the console versions.

Pfft, as if. All dimps does is dash pad to win the whole thing, hell if Sonic Generations could'nt even comprehend 3d view what makes you think this will?

Sky
May 23rd, 2013, 23:15
Generations 3DS had very little development time IIRC (<1 year). Generations HD had over 3 years in comparison.

Colby
May 23rd, 2013, 23:28
Who did the port for LoZ 3D (It wasn't Nintendo alone), maybe SEGA could get ahold of them.

KitsuneFreak
May 23rd, 2013, 23:33

It's never gonna happen to make console versions like handheld versions depending on what it is.

SegTindog
May 23rd, 2013, 23:50
You have your opinions and I have mine.

mazefire3609
May 24th, 2013, 21:46
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/05/sonic-lost-world-six-characters/ Six new characters.

KitsuneFreak
May 24th, 2013, 21:53
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/05/sonic-lost-world-six-characters/ Six new characters.

Little late with that one, MetalFighter posted that hours ago.

Any other news anyone?

SegTindog
May 24th, 2013, 22:48
Yeah, I kinda knew about those pics already too, well there isn't any other news for this game until the 29th so we gotta wait until then unless sega leaks another photo.

KitsuneFreak
May 25th, 2013, 05:57
Yeah, I kinda knew about those pics already too, well there isn't any other news for this game until the 29th so we gotta wait until then unless sega leaks another photo.

They'll probably leak something again before that, but eh you never can be sure.

Zhire'El
May 25th, 2013, 14:13

OH LOOK! GENERIC BODY TYPES!!

Honestly, their silhouettes are disappointing, I thought they would look new, but It just looks like a bunch of pokemon.

SegTindog
May 25th, 2013, 14:24
I find one of them looking like a skylanders character.

Colby
May 25th, 2013, 18:25
I'm guessing there are 7 zones (totally new!) with them being bosses for the six zones, but as Sonic goes through they become friends. Then in zone 7 it's... surprise surprise, Eggman, who escaped limbo by using the 6 guys, but now, Sonic and them work together to save the world for the 92nd time.

SegTindog
May 25th, 2013, 21:40
Usually there's just a Super Sonic fight in space most of the time, so if your right shadow then this will be really surprising to me.

TaskBarR
May 25th, 2013, 23:21
You pretty much summed it up. And I'm really excited to see who the female guardian is going to look like.
It looks like a girl version of Vivid Sniper.

Colby
May 25th, 2013, 23:29
Oh my gosh! VIVID When did you talk to SEGA about getting a girl version of you in there?!

KitsuneFreak
May 26th, 2013, 00:26
Sonic's new Model

http://wiiudaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sonic-lost-world-640x297.png

Colby
May 26th, 2013, 01:22
Looks like they redid the 06 pose. This actually looks better and more sleek, and if I'm not mistaken the blue is slightly different from the past, a bit more "SADXish"

Sky
May 26th, 2013, 02:26
NonononoNO! That's a fan render.

It's a hoax. End of story.

KitsuneFreak
May 26th, 2013, 02:33
NonononoNO! That's a fan render.

It's a hoax. End of story.

Proof..?

Sky
May 26th, 2013, 02:36
Proof..?http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/15905-sonic-lost-world-announced/?p=687183

Read down from there. It's clearly a hoax.

KitsuneFreak
May 26th, 2013, 02:47
Ah, I get it now.

SegTindog
May 26th, 2013, 15:46
Wow, But imagine if it wasn't I would love to play as sonic in a new model form.

Francsisco_itu
May 27th, 2013, 18:44
Wow, and will come out a new Sonic game. What disappointed me is this:

That Iwata has revealed Nintendo & Sega have Entered into a "worldwide partnership in the Sonic franchise" SEGA and NINTENDO? ._.

With about 6 "guardians" ... well, the dolphin reminds me Dr. Blowhole! (?)

But, hey, it's a new Sonic game, will have to wait to see what happens ... sorry that I have no 3DS or Wii U, will have to wait roms and emulators xd.

PD: I'm back in SRB2 Sky Base!

PD2: I used google translator, the text may not be 100% correct.

TaskBarR
May 27th, 2013, 19:01
Welcome back, and I understood you perfectly. :)
I agree, the Sega and Nintendo partnership sounds odd, but Nintendo adds polish, so we should give them a chance.

Colby
May 28th, 2013, 01:16
Wow, and will come out a new Sonic game. What disappointed me is this:

That Iwata has revealed Nintendo & Sega have Entered into a "worldwide partnership in the Sonic franchise" SEGA and NINTENDO? ._.

With about 6 "guardians" ... well, the dolphin reminds me Dr. Blowhole! (?)

But, hey, it's a new Sonic game, will have to wait to see what happens ... sorry that I have no 3DS or Wii U, will have to wait roms and emulators xd.

PD: I'm back in SRB2 Sky Base!

PD2: I used google translator, the text may not be 100% correct.

See you in 2018, I'll be in that line too XD

TaskBarR
May 28th, 2013, 18:54
GUYS! THE NEW TRAILER IS OUT!
The six guardians are the 'deadly six' and the game looks like a remake of Sonic Xtreme!
Remake of Sonic Xtreme!
Sonic Xtreme!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=D-sIkDWfccU

MetalFighter
May 28th, 2013, 19:46
Saw it earlier today. What I saw in it was a great opportunity for some nice platforming, not just dash dash dash. I feel like this game will reconcile the two and this might turn out amazing. Elements from Sonic Extreme and Mario Galaxy are in it from what I saw. This is going to be very fun to see!

SegTindog
May 28th, 2013, 19:54
I wonder what the graphics are like on the 3DS version though, I just can't wait till I get my new DS.
I also notice how when sonic runs at a certain speed after images of himself appears which brings me back to the Advance/Rush series.

TaskBarR
May 28th, 2013, 19:58
The 3DS version will probably be crappy, following tradition.

Sonic Colors DS = Crappy console edition
Sonic Generations = Attempts to follow storyline, but ends up being bad.
SASART = 3DS lags terribly and is a scaled down version with less features.

Who knows, but we already know the Wii U is getting the superior version.

SegTindog
May 28th, 2013, 20:02
Well that was the DS version of colors so it couldn't run good graphics, the 3DS is totally capable of playing this game in completely 3D due to proof of Super Mario 3D Land, Generations 3DS did just as good as the console versions and it was fine to me, So maybe the 3DS version will be good and besides the wii u and 3DS uses just about the same graphic style due to some crossover games.

Zhire'El
May 28th, 2013, 20:06
Eugh, the guardians look like shit, I was right about the whole Pokemon thing, they look so poorly created.
Aside from that, the new moves look good, really like the wall run thing, but I feel like that's been done before in Unleashed.
The afterimages actually remind me of when Spiderman runs at super speeds in Edge of Time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhySZ5rWuGs

50 seconds in and you'll see it.
Also at 1:54

KitsuneFreak
May 28th, 2013, 20:19
GUYS! THE NEW TRAILER IS OUT!
The six guardians are the 'deadly six' and the game looks like a remake of Sonic Xtreme!
Remake of Sonic Xtreme!
Sonic Xtreme!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=D-sIkDWfccU

what is this..i-i don't even know.
I don't even see eggman, what is this

SegTindog
May 28th, 2013, 20:44
He'll probably make cameos or something.

KitsuneFreak
May 28th, 2013, 20:46
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rga_D1cd7_Y
This is obviously the true dub of it.

mazefire3609
May 28th, 2013, 21:06
what is this..i-i don't even know.
I don't even see eggman, what is this -Squee- SONIC XTREME! YAY! I really love to play Sonic Xtreme. I wish I could play it when it somehow luckily managed to get finished and never got canceled before. I'll totally get Sonic Lost Worlds even if it plays alot like Sonic Xtreme.

SegTindog
May 28th, 2013, 21:12
I am totally getting this game even though I'd prefer it to be downloadable though.

mazefire3609
May 28th, 2013, 21:22
This game should've been a steam game but though, it somehow looked like Super Mario Galaxy in some way to people I don't even know how they see that game as Super Mario Galaxy because all I can see that this gameplay is mostly similar to Sonic Xtreme.

Demnyx Onyxfur
May 28th, 2013, 21:28
http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/thumb/mlfw1368.webp
I don't know about anyone else, but I kinda want the after image thing from Advance 2 if there's any "strictly 2D" stages...

mazefire3609
May 28th, 2013, 21:29
I do pretty much wonder if this gameplay is gonna be the same thing on the 3DS since I don't have a Wii U but I have a 3DS... :U

SegTindog
May 28th, 2013, 21:41
The game is kinda like SMG because mario wondered around a galaxy like planet which is like this game also.
It says its going to be 2D and 3D again and again just like previous titles.
I wouldn't want to see it on PC because its just going to be another Sonic generations with people hacking it and making mods of it.

Zhire'El
May 28th, 2013, 21:42
The game is kinda like SMG because mario wondered around a galaxy like planet which is like this game also.
If this was on the PC then I wouldn't get it because its just going to be another Sonic generations with people hacking it and making mods of it.

Goddamit, they can't stick to one?

SegTindog
May 28th, 2013, 21:45
You mean the 2D and 3D switching ability?

Zhire'El
May 28th, 2013, 21:51
You mean the 2D and 3D switching ability?

Yes, It was sort of good in Generations but now I feel like it's getting old.

SegTindog
May 28th, 2013, 21:57
I actually wanna see how it turns out in the DS version, and I think its getting old too but when you think about the 2D parts add that classic feel to it.

Jasper the Fox
May 28th, 2013, 22:48
I noticed that in the trailer Sonic ran somewhat similar to his Classic counterpart in some scenes and the jump sound effect also sounded slightly different from the usual affair. I personally find the new bad guy's designs odd, though that's probably because we've been catered to "robots this robots that" for the past forever.

TaskBarR
May 28th, 2013, 23:18
Wii U and 3DS have the same graphic style?
Haha, while that may be TRUE, the Wii U has about 5x the processor power the 3DS does, not to mention the discs hold more than the 3DS cartridges. The sound on the 3DS is lower quality.

So, in other words, the 3DS is not the Wii U. Like I have tried to tell you many times, the Wii U is more capable than the 3DS is.

Colby
May 28th, 2013, 23:25
I wouldn't want to see it on PC because its just going to be another Sonic generations with people hacking it and making mods of it.
I completely agree with you SuperWind; this game (in my opinion), looks like a SMG rip off, and slaped some cell shaded pokemon in there for "originality"
I am not normally the "non-popular" opinion when it comes to sonic fans, but this time around I have to say, this game doesn't give me a good vibe. I think this game is meant to appeal to the younger sonic fans so that they get hooked for years to come (like how our generation got hooked from the classics), so I have to say, I probably won't have much good to say from this unless SEGA really does something good out of this, not even good, it would have to be super-amazing just to get me to buy it.

Also @Rex: Can you please stop complaining about 3DS, we get it you don't like it. I personally think the gameplay in Generations 3DS is pretty cool (storyline I do admit though is "meh")

Sky
May 28th, 2013, 23:41
Screenshots of the 3DS version of Sonic Lost World:

Looks fairly impressive, actually. I certainly wasn't expecting 3D gameplay! This could be an actually good 3DS title.

KitsuneFreak
May 28th, 2013, 23:45
inb4 it acts like how gens does and only has 3D at certain parts briefly

Sky
May 28th, 2013, 23:54
^Nah.

Also, a lot of info here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/28/sonic-lost-world-taking-a-page-from-mario-galaxy

That ‘style’ basically removes Sonic from the constraints of a cohesive, grounded world design. Instead, players will find themselves twisting, turning and jumping along floating constructs suspended in mid-air. Levels are now informed by gameplay needs, with some stages focusing on slower speeds with more platforming, and others pushing players to run as fast as possible. Aesthetic ideas are now more free, ranging from the more idyllic, grassy settings of Wind Hill to something like Desert Ruins 1, which consists of cakes, cookies, donuts and all manners of candy. And just to throw a curveball, Desert Ruins 2 drops the sweets theme entirely, and features an entirely different gameplay style, opting for the ‘tunnel racing’ concept that Sonic games have used for decades. Of course, all of this works within Sonic’s typical level designs, which feature a wide range of branching paths and exploration options.

As mentioned, Sonic Team’s greatest challenge was maintaining a sense of speed for the series while finding controls that made sense. The result is now that, by default, Sonic doesn’t burst off with a tilt of the analog stick. He walks – until you use one of the GamePad’s triggers to engage his running speed. This too is actually not full speed. Holding down the second trigger will pull Sonic into a ball, giving him access to his full momentum, which Iizuka likened to the ‘Boost speed’ from previous titles. By creating a tiered structure to movement, Sonic Team is hoping players will be able to navigate the wide range of level designs, exploring and running as necessary.

That’s also where the Parkour system comes into play. “In previous 3D Sonic games, even if you're running through a level at top speed, if you hit an obstacle you stop instantly,” Iizuka explained. “To avoid this, we added a new action to keep Sonic running, even when you hit an obstacle. To make sure it only happens when you want it to, it's triggered by the player holding the run button.” Like any game, automating actions brings a certain risk, but doing nothing means Sonic games continue to run into a brick wall – literally in the case of gameplay.

Of course, there’s also the small matter of Lost World being a Wii U (and 3DS) exclusive. On Wii U, the GamePad is specifically used to activate various Wisp-based “Color Powers,” which feature touch-based controls and are mostly used to gain access to side paths and areas. The GamePad will also play a role in ‘Support Mode,’ which allows one player to use Wii U’s tablet to assist a second player who is controlling Sonic with a Wii remote and Nunchuck. Speaking of playing as Sonic, while the iconic hedgehog is the only character players will directly control, friends such as Tails, Knuckles and Amy will make appearances in the story.

The story itself is, as you’d expect, remarkably simple. Sonic is chasing his longtime foe, Eggman, and encounters a mysterious floating island known as “Lost Hex.” It’s here where Sonic will run across the “Deadly Six” that SEGA has already teased, and Iizuka noted these foes will bring a “sense of danger and humor” to the story.

Basically: Less boost to win, more rolling to win, wisp powers are back, Sonic's the only playable character, two zones are confirmed: Wind Hill and Desert Ruins, and new controls and moves.

Also, why is this a SMG rip off. It's not even in SPACE now! It's on a FLOATING ISLAND (*cough*LikeAngelIsland*cough*)!

KitsuneFreak
May 29th, 2013, 00:00
erm, how haven't you confirmed green hill zone bro, It's obviously in it.

Ewww only sonic again

WTF WISPS AGAIN?

Sky
May 29th, 2013, 00:02
erm, how haven't you confirmed green hill zone bro, It's obviously in it.

Ewww only sonic again

WTF WISPS AGAIN?
1. I thought that might've been a little redundant.

2. Meh.

3. Yup.

Zhire'El
May 29th, 2013, 00:08

Ew.

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 00:35
Wow, the 3DS version looks impressive and its in 3D and 2D which is good.
And I am glad dimps isn't involved with the handheld version also so there could still be a possibility of supersonic in the DS version somehow.Also besides the fact that this is like SMG do you guys remember the rainbow star in that game and when touched mario has after images of himself well that kinda reminded me of that when sonic was doing the same in the video.

mazefire3609
May 29th, 2013, 01:02
Wait, Sonic Xtreme, Super Mario Galaxy and Sonic Colors all together now?
...My brain hurts too much for me to be...Ow... <_>

Sylpheed Hedgehog
May 29th, 2013, 01:07
Ive seen the trailer and i've gotta say...in my opinion it's horrid

KitsuneFreak
May 29th, 2013, 01:26
Wow, the 3DS version looks impressive and its in 3D and 2D which is good.
And I am glad dimps isn't involved with the handheld version also so there could still be a possibility of supersonic in the DS version somehow.Also besides the fact that this is like SMG do you guys remember the rainbow star in that game and when touched mario has after images of himself well that kinda reminded me of that when sonic was doing the same in the video.

Sonic had after images first

Go play Sonic Advance 2 again.

mazefire3609
May 29th, 2013, 01:34
Lol.

Sonic = Goku
Tails = Krillin/Gohan
Knuckles = Piccolo
Shadow ( If he ever appears in this game but I think the shadow fans will be pressuring SEGA & Nintendo to bring Shadow in another game ) = Vegeta
Amy = Chi-Chi

The six guardians = The Ginyu Force ( If not the female guardian then she should've been either Andriod 18 or Zangya )
Eggman ( If he comes back in this game ) = Frieza

Anyways what I'd like to say is, Sonic Xtreme DOES have something about planets orbiting around the Death Egg Fortress.
http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_X-treme#Story
Scroll down further in this link for more details: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_X-treme_Storylines

Jasper the Fox
May 29th, 2013, 02:07
The game does have that cartoony style that makes everything basic again, and it even features a bare bones plot. They've really taken a more simplistic design choice for this title rather than the huge plots and massive detail in everything that just makes your brain fart (which I've never really liked in the Sonic series; trying to explain a blue hedgehog that runs fast is not a bright idea). The gameplay is really reminiscent of SMG which I don't think is a bad thing in my opinion. Sure, it borrows the "Gravity is messed" idealism, but I don't think Mario really needs to hold that back from everyone. Tons of games have used existing formulas to create something new and exciting, such as basically every RPG ever made and every platformer ever made.

Francsisco_itu
May 29th, 2013, 04:00
Wait, Sonic Xtreme, Super Mario Galaxy and Sonic Colors all together now?
...My brain hurts too much for me to be...Ow... <_>

I understand you. At least finally will test what would be "Sonic X-treme" with the engine (or similar) to Super Mario Galaxy, along with something that looks like the Wisps And a Sonic doing parkour.... Sega, you approached nearly Sonic X-Treme, but the rest ... let's say you went through the branches of Nintendo. Still, he should go to Nintendo, but I do not see good future. A new Sonic game, another disappointment.

PD: I like the 3DS version (:^D).

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 11:06
Sonic had after images first

Go play Sonic Advance 2 again.
Maybe you should read my previous post again because I did say sonic had the images just like the Advance/Rush series -.-.

Zhire'El
May 29th, 2013, 11:56
Eh, all they did was recycle.
Call me a bastard but I still hope that Sonic Excursion rumor is true.
I wanna see how well Sonic looks on the PS4 and XBone.

TaskBarR
May 29th, 2013, 13:05
Sorry STC, but Excursion was proven to be a troll rumor that TSSZ debunked. I'm excited about the Wisps coming back, I loved watching Sonic turn into a dark pacman-like creature and gobble everything up.

Sylpheed Hedgehog
May 29th, 2013, 13:16
God Damnit Sega Wisps...Again?

Afterimages

SMG Like Graphics

Erghhh Sega Why...

TaskBarR
May 29th, 2013, 13:32
Don't like? Don't play, it's simple Sylpheed. And while other think Wisps are gimmicky...
I don't, Wisps are fun. I hate all the Sonic fans that believe we need the SAME style over and over and over...
If they think so, they should go play Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 all day.
It would get pretty boring, wouldn't it? So why not play Sonic Thr- WHOOPS IT INTRODUCED A NEW GIMMICK SCREW IT.

Jasper the Fox
May 29th, 2013, 15:22
I think using color powers again is okay, as long as they possibly change their context. Keeping Wisps as a character (both ingame and plot) would be like keeping Princess Elise in Sonic Unleashed and making her critical in gameplay.

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 18:17
Plot
While in pursuit of archnemesis Doctor Eggman, Sonic the Hedgehog travels to a world known as Lost Hex, where he learns Eggman has harnessed the power of a group of native villains known as the Deadly Six. When the Six rebel, however, Sonic and Eggman are forced to work together to stop them for the sake of the planet.
So eggman is involved in this after all.

mazefire3609
May 29th, 2013, 19:27
Guys, from thinking about Sonic Lost Worlds and seeing how this one plays out, I don't think the Wisps would make their return to that game if it's not gonna be mainly about the wisps just like Sonic Colors had what it's mainly about but they DID return in Sonic Generations for the consoles, PC & 3DS.

Look at the trailer/pictures and think back from what you see from this game. Did Sonic EVER used the color based wisp powers in this game or even though would he EVER do that in the game in the future? Does it even look like it had something to do with the wisps even for the plot? Only the wisps came from Sonic Colors and their home planet is Planet Wisp. Not the floating planet that's in Sonic Lost Worlds.

The wisps are just always staying at their home planet ever since they've been saved by Sonic. I don't think the guardians would have anything to do with the wisps since they probably don't know them. Nor that Eggman would plan to use the wisps again since his another failure against Sonic from Sonic Colors before he had found Time Eater before Sonic Generations happened. But if the wisps are in this game, why in the hell would they want to be there for?

Pretty sure it looks like the six guardians had nothing to do with the wisps at all but if you THINK that Sonic's new moves looked like a new wisp power think again. You don't see Sonic using a wisp to use his new moves in the trailer because almost every new Sonic game would try something different. If you guys still think this has something to do with the wisps, then how do YOU think that how and when did the guardians know about the wisps and how they find and capture them? Is it really necessary for them to use them to fight against Sonic? Well, there you have it. Tell me what you think.

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 19:36
The only reason why the wisps came back in SG was due to the stages from SC being one of the playable stages in SG so they had to bring back the wisps.
But they didn't say wisps they said color powers and that its similar to using wisp powers from SC and maybe they didn't show him using it in the trailer was because they probably wanted to show it later on.

mazefire3609
May 29th, 2013, 19:43
But Sonic can't use the wisp color powers without using the wisps. If it IS similar to using wisp powers from Sonic Colors in Sonic Lost World then Sonic has no point to use the wisps if he can do wisp powers without them. Or mainly they just mean Sonic's new moves that is without the wisps. Although I don't think that game would be meant to be Sonic Colors 2 if it had not had a very similar plot to the Sonic Colors but if it IS Sonic Colors 2, then it would feel like a sequel to Sonic Colors in some kind of way ( Even if Sonic Generations had came after Sonic Colors ).

But again, using the wisps again are only for Sonic Generations. I'm pretty sure SEGA's doing something different on this game but I love how the Flickies are back but one thing to say is... Sonic 3D Blast X-Treme ( Lol this game isn't really gonna be based off of Sonic 3D Blast either ).

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 19:55
Maybe sonic is using color powers without the power of the wisps but the wisps are not going to be in the game so lets get off of that.

mazefire3609
May 29th, 2013, 20:00
There is no possible way that Sonic can use color powers without the wisps. It's not like he can turn anything into a cube, sucking up everything into him like a void or something like that without a wisp. I think what they mean by Sonic's color power is that Sonic can fly through the air, tear up levels and explode into enemies.

And as for his new moves, Vault over obstacles, free run up and along walls, and sky dive between islands at lightning speed ( Okay I can see that's like Super Mario Galaxy but I had my character that can run at lightning speed before Sonic Lost Worlds could ever be revealed ). Plus we know that the Spin Dash is back. Also I've heard it's gonna have Multiplayer.

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 20:05
No one said that sonic can use color powers with wisp in this game though, you might as well be saying that sonic has to wear a space suit in order to breath in space even though he has been there many times without one.
Its a game so the creators can do anything.
Maybe there's a different source of power that lets him use color powers.

mazefire3609
May 29th, 2013, 20:10
Maybe but this is what the fans think that what SEGA mean by colors powers: http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3027/image_302785_16x9_620.jpg They think that Sonic needed a color powered wisp nor a wisp power without a wisp to run along the walls which has already been done in around other Sonic games and even though Sonic has even done that before too despite those afterimages from Sonic Advance 2. I think it's really been confusing us the whole time but we don't know more about this game for sure until more info comes out.

Plus the music used in the debut trailer is called: instrumental version of "Cinema" by Benny Benassi. I really wish the trailer would've used Play Hard by David Guetta since Beats By Dre commercial.

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 20:13
Well that is obviously false info.
But I also notice how they changed his boosting style, instead of running his spindashes in a ball kinda like Unleashed Wii and PS2 versions.

mazefire3609
May 29th, 2013, 20:20
I know right? Like Sky said:

Basically: Less boost to win, more rolling to win.
Also here's the news on the multiplayer. Plus it reveals the story if you scroll down: http://www.shacknews.com/article/79401/sonic-lost-world-wii-u-3ds-features-detailed

Eggman teams up with Sonic again ( They teamed up against G-Emerl when G-Emerl turned against Eggman in Sonic Advance 3 )...Awwww I thought that Eggman would've been Frieza in this one if the six guardians haven't betrayed him. Then the five/six guardians would've been the Ginyu force ( Lol I know this game isn't really a Dragonball Z ripoff. I'm just acting like this game takes place on Planet Namek because I was joking about comparing the characters of this plot to the Dragonball Z plot since Namek )...
(http://www.shacknews.com/article/79401/sonic-lost-world-wii-u-3ds-features-detailed)

KitsuneFreak
May 29th, 2013, 20:25
inb4 Mario's playable

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 20:28
I see it has special stages, I hope its totally different and not based off of an earlier sonic game.

mazefire3609
May 29th, 2013, 20:30
Uhhh...This is mainly a Sonic game. Not a Sonic & Mario game. Unless if Mario somehow managed to get in Sonic's universe but just because SEGA & Nintendo are working together on this game doesn't mean Mario would appear on Sonic's Adventures ( 2 if Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Winter Games DS story mode & At The London Olympic Games 3DS story mode counts ). Unless if it is another Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games game again.

KitsuneFreak
May 29th, 2013, 20:32
Uhhh...This is mainly a Sonic game. Not a Sonic & Mario game. Unless if Mario somehow managed to get in Sonic's universe but just because SEGA & Nintendo are working together on this game doesn't mean Mario would appear on Sonic's Adventures ( 2 if Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Winter Games DS story mode & At The London Olympic Games 3DS story mode counts ). Unless if it is another Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games game again.

Well, It's meant as a joke.

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 20:33
There is the Sochi mario and sonic game coming out soon.
And doesn't Mario and Sonic live in the same universe due to does olympic crossover games.

Critical Dude
May 29th, 2013, 20:39
I have to ask this but why is there disputes over wisp powers being in the gameplay, it's not really surprising especially if this is the sequel to generations which was linked to sonic colors.

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 20:42
I am thinking kind of the same thing.The wisps aren't really the big issue in the game.

Critical Dude
May 29th, 2013, 20:47
Yeah, plus one of the deadly six (the crazy purple one) looks,acts and sounds like the frenzy character wisps.

Also if Mario is playable, he will probably be an unlockable character since he is apart of Nintendo (and the gameplay does share a resemblance to Super Mario Galaxy).

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 21:42
What also had gotten to my mind was the speed boosters which are the ones from Sonic Generations (Classic sonic levels) and Sonic 2.

mazefire3609
May 29th, 2013, 21:49
I'm starting to see more of how this gameplay is similar to Super Mario Galaxy but it's making me feel like that Super Mario Galaxy has similar gameplay to Sonic Xtreme...Not sure if it is similar to Sonic Xtreme's gameplay but Sonic Lost Worlds is like, Sonic X-Treme meets Super Mario Galaxy.

KitsuneFreak
May 29th, 2013, 21:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ_Ge1f79do

mazefire3609
May 29th, 2013, 22:00
I already posted the link to the blog that's about the multiplayer and the story...Wait, if Sonic is teaming up with Eggman, why does Sonic still have to destroy his robots?

Colby
May 29th, 2013, 22:03
Time for my overall thoughts in a short list:
-Since Sonic Xtream never came out, we'll never be able to fully compare it, so if anything this is a SMG rip
-The graphics seem to be cell shaded this time around, not always bad, but can sonic pull it off?
-Sonic again? ..... why is it so hard to have more then 1 character playable. For god sakes Shadow would be 1 model change, a texture change, and a running animation change to make him playable.
-Is there even a reason as to HOW Eggman returned, and secondly what happened to Robotnik who was with him. And if he didn't escape, then obviously that makes Eggman himself a walking paradox.
-If eggman and Sonic will work together, why wouldn't Eggman be playable at all?
-OVERALL: ... SEGA... just... no! 2/10 pre-rating (The cell shading was the only thing I liked so far, thus saving it 2 points)

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 22:06
I can't wait for the 3DS gameplay to show up I really wanna see it in action.

- - - - - - - - - -

Time for my overall thoughts in a short list:
-Since Sonic Xtream never came out, we'll never be able to fully compare it, so if anything this is a SMG rip
-The graphics seem to be cell shaded this time around, not always bad, but can sonic pull it off?
-Sonic again? ..... why is it so hard to have more then 1 character playable. For god sakes Shadow would be 1 model change, a texture change, and a running animation change to make him playable.
-Is there even a reason as to HOW Eggman returned, and secondly what happened to Robotnik who was with him. And if he didn't escape, then obviously that makes Eggman himself a walking paradox.
-If eggman and Sonic will work together, why wouldn't Eggman be playable at all?
-OVERALL: ... SEGA... just... no! 2/10 pre-rating (The cell shading was the only thing I liked so far, thus saving it 2 points)But he returned in Ep 2 of sonic 4 though and theres always does generations character mods shadow.
Every sonic games doesn't need to have more characters playable you should be lucky they made tails playable again.

Zhire'El
May 29th, 2013, 22:08
I can't wait for the 3DS gameplay to show up I really wanna see it in action.

- - - - - - - - - -

But he returned in Ep 2 of sonic 4 though and theres always does generations character mods shadow.

But the question is

Can you mod a Wii-U?

Colby
May 29th, 2013, 22:09
My thoughts on return of the Wisps:
-overall: bad idea (at a first glance at least)

How'd they get there: I have two guesses
-The wisps came to "visit" for no good reason
-They have some connection to the deadly 6 (the deadly 6 certainly don't originate from mobius by the looks of them, the look kinda wisp-ish to me anyway)

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 22:10
Generations isn't for the wii u though.

- - - - - - - - - -

My thoughts on return of the Wisps:
-overall: bad idea (at a first glance at least)

How'd they get there: I have two guesses
-The wisps came to "visit" for no good reason
-They have some connection to the deadly 6 (the deadly 6 certainly don't originate from mobius by the looks of them, the look kinda wisp-ish to me anyway)
I notice the colors of the antagonists and the way they look and they might have some relation to the wisp though maybe.

Colby
May 29th, 2013, 22:10
But the question is

Can you mod a Wii-U?

Ask the homebrew team (I'm still waiting for 3DS brew, so I doubt U-Brew will be out soon)

Zhire'El
May 29th, 2013, 22:11
generations isn't for the wii u though.

Exactly!

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 22:12
Exactly!
But i'm saying that he can play as shadow or any other character on the pc version of generations.

Sky
May 29th, 2013, 22:13

Wii U Boxart: 5424
3DS Boxart: 5426

Another 3DS screen: 5425

We’re excited to announce details of the next Sonic the Hedgehog game! Sonic Lost World will be published on Nintendo platforms as part of the exclusive partnership recently announced between the two companies. Sonic Lost World puts Sonic up to the challenge as he faces his most powerful enemy to date – and this time there are six of them to conquer! Sonic Lost World will be available exclusively for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS platforms later this year.

Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures collectively known as the Deadly Six, but when the Deadly Six rise up against their master, Sonic has to unite with his arch nemesis in order to take on the new enemies head-on. Using his dynamic new parkour moves and improved Color Powers, Sonic must run, jump and race through a variety of ever-changing terrains in order to defeat the Deadly Six.

Alongside a single player adventure, the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of Sonic Lost World will feature a range of competitive multiplayer modes. In addition, each platform will also contain distinctive features that take advantage of the consoles’ unique capabilities. Exclusive Wii U Color Powers can be controlled with the Wii U GamePad by tilting, touching, aiming and more. The full game can also be played using only the GamePad screen and will feature a two player support mode. Sonic Lost World for the Nintendo 3DS is the first handheld Sonic game ever to feature fully realized 3D levels which include exclusive Special Stages and Color Powers unique to Nintendo 3DS.
“We are proud of the strong relationship between Nintendo and SEGA and look forward to continuing success with Sonic Lost World on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS,” commented Hiroyuki Miyazaki, Chief Content Officer, SEGA of America. “The game marks an evolution of the Sonic series and fans –both old and new — will be excited by a story which sees two of video games biggest adversaries, Sonic and Dr. Eggman, joining forces for the first time to help defeat a new deadly threat.”
In bold are important details, underlined ones are even more important. Read it, please: New parkour moves. AND! IMPROVED COLOR POWERS!
Source: http://blogs.sega.com/2013/05/29/rise-against-the-deadly-six-in-sonic-lost-world/

mazefire3609
May 29th, 2013, 22:14
But Sonic can't use the wisp color powers without using the wisps. If it IS similar to using wisp powers from Sonic Colors in Sonic Lost World then Sonic has no point to use the wisps if he can do wisp powers without them. Or mainly they just mean Sonic's new moves that is without the wisps. Although I don't think that game would be meant to be Sonic Colors 2 if it had not had a very similar plot to the Sonic Colors but if it IS Sonic Colors 2, then it would feel like a sequel to Sonic Colors in some kind of way ( Even if Sonic Generations had came after Sonic Colors ).

But again, using the wisps again are only for Sonic Generations. I'm pretty sure SEGA's doing something different on this game but I love how the Flickies are back but one thing to say is... Sonic 3D Blast X-Treme ( Lol this game isn't really gonna be based off of Sonic 3D Blast either ).

Guys, from thinking about Sonic Lost Worlds and seeing how this one plays out, I don't think the Wisps would make their return to that game if it's not gonna be mainly about the wisps just like Sonic Colors had what it's mainly about but they DID return in Sonic Generations for the consoles, PC & 3DS.

Look at the trailer/pictures and think back from what you see from this game. Did Sonic EVER used the color based wisp powers in this game or even though would he EVER do that in the game in the future? Does it even look like it had something to do with the wisps even for the plot? Only the wisps came from Sonic Colors and their home planet is Planet Wisp. Not the floating planet that's in Sonic Lost Worlds.

The wisps are just always staying at their home planet ever since they've been saved by Sonic. I don't think the guardians would have anything to do with the wisps since they probably don't know them. Nor that Eggman would plan to use the wisps again since his another failure against Sonic from Sonic Colors before he had found Time Eater before Sonic Generations happened. But if the wisps are in this game, why in the hell would they want to be there for?

Pretty sure it looks like the six guardians had nothing to do with the wisps at all but if you THINK that Sonic's new moves looked like a new wisp power think again. You don't see Sonic using a wisp to use his new moves in the trailer because almost every new Sonic game would try something different. If you guys still think this has something to do with the wisps, then how do YOU think that how and when did the guardians know about the wisps and how they find and capture them? Is it really necessary for them to use them to fight against Sonic? Well, there you have it. Tell me what you think.

I guess we'll have to wait and see for more information since people still believe that wisps return in this game. If the wisps REALLY did return in this game, then it's Sonic Colors 2: Sonic X-Treme Galaxy edition.

Zhire'El
May 29th, 2013, 22:16
But i'm saying that he can play as shadow or any other character on the pc version of generations.

Yeah, I know. I'm trying to point out if theirs a PC port to Lost Worlds ( I doubt it since SEGA is taking Nintendo from the back) Mods will be available for the game and everyone can rock out.

Sky
May 29th, 2013, 22:18
Sonic has gotten more powerful over the years. Remember when Sonic had to use a shield to do a homing attack? Yeah. Sonic 3D Blast. Fiveish (?) years later, Sonic learned how to do it without the shield...then he learned the boost randomly in 2005. Then he learned how to do the lightdash without a power up.

Sonic could've learned how to use color powers without using wisps.

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 22:21
What do you mean everyone some people doesn't like mods.

Zhire'El
May 29th, 2013, 22:21
]Sorry STC, but Excursion was proven to be a troll rumor that TSSZ debunked.[/B] I'm excited about the Wisps coming back, I loved watching Sonic turn into a dark pacman-like creature and gobble everything up.

Wow, I seriously have NOTHING​ to wait for anymore now do I?

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 22:24
I wonder there will be there will be unlockable playable characters.

Zhire'El
May 29th, 2013, 22:24
What do you mean everyone some people doesn't like mods.

Not all mods are 99999 ring activators or hyper jumping ( UltimateDarkman is shit by the way)
Being able to play as Silver in Crisis City is good, it really is. I don't like Hacks, only Modifications to the game's levels and characters.
What if I wanted to play Empire City as Shadow the Hedgehog? I can easily download the .cpk files and rock out from there.

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 22:27
But, what you said had nothing to do with what I was telling shadowcm though.

Sky
May 29th, 2013, 22:43
Not all mods are 99999 ring activators or hyper jumping ( UltimateDarkman is shit by the way)
Being able to play as Silver in Crisis City is good, it really is. I don't like Hacks, only Modifications to the game's levels and characters.
What if I wanted to play Empire City as Shadow the Hedgehog? I can easily download the .cpk files and rock out from there.This is drifting a little off topic, but you don't download .cpk files anymore for mods. You use SonicGMI to download the necessary files that the mod edits...

Zhire'El
May 29th, 2013, 22:58
This is drifting a little off topic, but you don't download .cpk files anymore for mods. You use SonicGMI to download the necessary files that the mod edits...

Oh wow, they changed it THAT much?
geez, I need to get updated with this kind of stuff.

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 23:00
Okay lets just get back on topic right now.

mazefire3609
May 29th, 2013, 23:04
What if Sonic Lost Worlds had something to do with Time and Space ( Your imagination )?

Colby
May 29th, 2013, 23:20
Sonic has gotten more powerful over the years. Remember when Sonic had to use a shield to do a homing attack? Yeah. Sonic 3D Blast. Fiveish (?) years later, Sonic learned how to do it without the shield...then he learned the boost randomly in 2005. Then he learned how to do the lightdash without a power up.

Sonic could've learned how to use color powers without using wisps.

Maybe he just took LSD finally, and that will explain everything; the new villains that look like a rainbow had a crap; the return of eggman; and the color powers.

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 23:30
I hope that sega adds supersonic to this game.

KitsuneFreak
May 29th, 2013, 23:33
i hope that sega adds supersonic to this game.

sure, make a reason to break the hell out of the game

SegTindog
May 29th, 2013, 23:38
Sure, you say it for this game but not the previous ones kinda dumb as of now.

Zhire'El
May 30th, 2013, 00:45
I still question why he still needs the emeralds if hes pratically the imbodiement of chaos.

KitsuneFreak
May 30th, 2013, 00:47
I still question why he still needs the emeralds if hes pratically the imbodiement of chaos.

Speaking of Chaos, I thought Chaos was the guardian of the emeralds, Could they be some mutated form of Chaos or something?

SegTindog
May 30th, 2013, 00:50
I just want supersonic to be playable in handheld stages.

KitsuneFreak
May 30th, 2013, 00:52
I just want supersonic to be playable in handheld stages.

Could you like quit bitching about Super Sonic every fucking few posts?

SegTindog
May 30th, 2013, 01:01
Nahhh, because if I keep saying it, it might come true.
But you can stop disagreeing with almost every post I make.

Sky
May 30th, 2013, 02:14
Rise Against The Deadly Six
Platforms
Wii U™, Nintendo 3DS™
When the Deadly Six threaten to destroy his world, Sonic's new moves and power-ups are the only way to defeat them before it's too late!

In his latest plot to defeat Sonic and rule the world, Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six. However, when the Deadly Six rise up against their new master, Sonic must unite with his arch nemesis Eggman and explore the mystical Lost Hex in order to take them on head-to-head. Use Sonic's amazing new moves and incredible Color Powers to speed across a variety of unique terrains, racing inside, outside and upside down in every level.

NEW MOVES
Sonic moves like never before. Vault over obstacles, free run up and along walls, and sky dive between islands at lightning speed. Plus the Spin Dash is back!

COLOR POWERS
New and improved Color Powers. Sonic can now fly through the air, tear up levels and explode into enemies. He's more powerful than ever!

NEW WORLD
Speed through a variety of exhilarating levels. Explore massive mind-bending courses, vast underground tunnels and colossal structures in the sky as you run inside, outside and upside down.

BOSS BATTLES
Save the world one fight at a time. Take on each of the devious Deadly Six in dynamic boss battles which test all of Sonic's moves and power-ups.

MULTIPLAYER
Race friends in high speed multiplayer races. Take them down across a range of ultra-competitive levels and modes - it's the ultimate supersonic showdown!

Wii U EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:
Wield the Wii U GamePad to execute exclusive Color Powers – tilt, touch, aim and more.
Someone wants to watch TV? No problem! Play the full game using only the Wii U GamePad screen.
Share and charge up items by sending them into the Miiverse to share with players around the world.
Play together. Have a friend pilot radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic by destroying enemies and obstacles.
Race against a friend as you play on the Wii U GamePad screen and they play on the TV.

NINTENDO 3DS EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:
The first handheld Sonic game ever to feature fully realized 3D levels.
Unleash Color Powers exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version.
Exclusive Special Stages! Tilt using the Motion Sensor to navigate hair-raising levels and obtain the elusive Chaos Emeralds.
Create and customize radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic.
Race against friends through local and online game modes.

PLUS: Share your gadgets between the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions.Source: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=31396&st=420&p=747053&#entry747053

Seems legit. Create and customize radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic? On the 3DS? Aw, yeah! This is happenin'!

Demnyx Onyxfur
May 30th, 2013, 19:44
Now I want this game even more..

Critical Dude
May 30th, 2013, 20:07
The only thing I'm disappointed with was a scene where you can see Sonic running at a full speed; his legs went all 'Classic Sonic Retard' (CSR) run. It looked like he might be squiggling his way through the levels.

SegTindog
May 30th, 2013, 20:27
It seems like the way his legs moves are just like sonics peel out move in Sonic CD.

Critical Dude
May 30th, 2013, 20:43
Exactly, I miss the way he ran in Sonic Colors. They should of brought that back into the gameplay.

SegTindog
May 31st, 2013, 03:48
Well Tails, Knuckles and, Amy are in the game but not playable so does anyone have any ideas on how they got there?

TaskBarR
May 31st, 2013, 04:14
Just because they are not playable doesn't mean they don't have...a...reason...
I can't come up with any. Unless they all rode on the plane to Planet Hex and that picture we saw of Sonic and Tails was just a beta screenshot.

SegTindog
May 31st, 2013, 04:31
I believe that knuckles glided with amy on his back to where sonic and tails are going or knuckles is there looking for something emerald related and amy used he hammer propeller powers to get there or cream flew her there and she has no involvement in the story.

Critical Dude
May 31st, 2013, 07:25
Amy and Knuckles from Sonic Advance 3 decided to take a trip to Lost World where they would be useless in-game but add stories to the gameplay.
Unfortunately I can't find a picture of their tag ability from SA3.

SegTindog
May 31st, 2013, 11:05
They;re not playable but they have some connection to the story.Has anyone found any news about the games for today?

Zhire'El
May 31st, 2013, 20:09
I don't see any characters but Sonic and Eggman actually contributing to the story, don't count Tails in because he's becoming Omochao's prodigy.

SegTindog
May 31st, 2013, 20:13
Omochao still gives out hints.

KitsuneFreak
May 31st, 2013, 20:18
Omochao still gives out hints.
Omochao isn't in any games anymore.
Last one was Generations right? He's not coming back for the others.

Colby
May 31st, 2013, 20:35
Omochao: I only used him for two things.
1. Throwing at gun robots
2. Throwing into bottomless pits, just to watch him come back, and repeat
Overall: About 3 hours worth of entertainment over the years.

- - - - - - - - - -

And yes, Tails is basically the new Omochao, in my opinion.

SegTindog
May 31st, 2013, 20:59
Yeah in SG, I think tails is also the new omochao who also replaced tikal(she was also the hint prodigy in one of the sonic advance games)but he return in the new Mario and Sonic game.

mazefire3609
May 31st, 2013, 21:04
You do realize that Sonic Adventure came out before Sonic Adventure but which Sonic Adventure 2 is Omochao's first appearance right? Tikal was the FIRST character to ever give hints to the playable characters in Sonic Adventure before Omochao does that in Sonic Adventure 2. So technically this " New omochao " thing should've meant to be a new Tikal instead.

TaskBarR
May 31st, 2013, 21:07
Also, Omochao was programmed into Sonic Adventure 1 as an unused chao species. You can access it by using a Chao cheat program and Sonic Adventure 1 on a pc.

SegTindog
May 31st, 2013, 21:09
Actually omochao is in the chao race stadium in Sonic Adventure if you touched him he would stip his head and it would pop of for like a split second and fall back on or something.

Critical Dude
May 31st, 2013, 21:47
Why should tails be the guide?
Why can't it be better narrator?
Like the one in Sonic 2k6 (turns out that it's actually Elise's father doing the guiding... I thought he was dead).
We don't need a super enthusiastic teenage mutant twin tailed fox doing the hinting, we need someone better...
Someone like Eggman, he's in the game so why not use him more. He has always been Sonic's guide whenever he's betrayed.

SegTindog
May 31st, 2013, 22:59
Maybe he will be sonics guide but I actually wanna see how tikal would do again but she has shit to do with the plot, but I loved he voice in Sonic adventure and seeing her again as the hint person in Sonic advance 2.

Colby
May 31st, 2013, 23:18
Maybe he will be sonics guide but I actually wanna see how tikal would do again but she has shit to do with the plot, but I loved he voice in Sonic adventure and seeing her again as the hint person in Sonic advance 2.
1. Tikal would make no sense, like you said
2. I doubt the same voice actor would do it again after about a decade or so time.

SegTindog
May 31st, 2013, 23:22
I don't understand why you would point it out to me if I already said she couldn't be the hint person because she would have nothing to do with the plot, Thus in turn she wouldn't do the voice again.
Besides everything else, does anyone think that sega will release DLC for the game later on after its release?