PDA

View Full Version : Skybase Weekly (Out of Print)

Colby
July 1st, 2013, 15:02
News Highlights week of 6/24 - 7/1

Good day everyone, welcome to our first ever Weekly News Highlights, here you can read some of the big things that happen throughout the SkyBase, without having to hunt every little thing down if you aren't here non-stop. So let's get started and see what's been going on.

SRB2 News:
Earlier this week a Cape Cod wad WIP was released, but was closed off due to plagiarism. Once again, we at SkyBase apologize to the rightful owners of all the materials used in said WAD pack.

Sonic News:
There was a mention of a leak on a new Sonic cartoon called "Sonic Boom" at a Trotcon. Dave Polsky, who also did writing for MLP:FiM, and South Park, was dropping hints to this show at the Con, it is believed to be a Reboot of one of the past Sonic TV shows, but as of right now, very little info is available.
Sylpheed has started a WIP mod for SADX called "Sylpheed Adventure DX"
Rex is currently working on a music mod for SADX based on Sonic ATS tunes.

General News:
Yesterday our website was down temporarily for approximately 2 hours, the reason is still unknown.
Our current Active Members Poll will be coming to a close soon, make sure to cast your vote their if you haven't already.
According to Mr. Black, Sword Art Online is coming on July 27th.

Member News:
A special thanks goes out to the following members this week for helping us handle a tough situation,
-D00D64
-Mystic
-Rob
-Shadow Hog
Thanks again for your help!
Earlier this week (6/26) was Rainbow "Dashy" Dash's 12th Birthday, unfortunately he recently went inactive on the forums.

That concludes news for this week, remember to keep posting, and feel free to request something be put on the news here!

Colby
July 8th, 2013, 14:33
News Highlights week of 7/1 - 7/8

Good day everyone, welcome to our 2nd volume of SkyBase Weekly. With the 4th of July come and gone, a lot has happened over this past week, and we have it all listed here!

SRB2 News:
None this week, sorry folks (but I personally have been doing some mapping this week, some of those might be released in the WIP thread sooner or later)

Sonic News:
We saw 1 new screenshot of Sonic Lost Worlds earlier this week thanks to Sky the Destroyer.
SASRT had a "Free Weekend" on Steam this past weekend. I hope everyone that got it had fun! (again Dial-up screwed me over)
SASRT and Sonic Generations are both 75% off on Steam, I don't know how long that deal will last though.

General News:
We here at SkyBase plan to organize an amount of YouTube videos that various users will make, and eventually hold a contest in the long run to see what video we will have Represent us here at SkyBase, more on that in the future.
According to the calendar (thank you TTA), we now know that the release of Despicable Me 2 came out on July 3rd.

Member News:
In our SkyBase Lottery we had a 3 way tie between AirFox, Rex the Fox, and Mazefire. So far only Rex has responded to Split the prize. And if the other two contestants do not come to claim their prize by the end of July, then Rex will get it all! (so if you can contact AirFox or Maze, let them know they won too, to be fair)
Sylpheed was banned for 15 days starting yesterday due to breaking Rule #3 multiple times, and exceeding the 3 infraction limit that a user can hold before they are temp banned.

Legends of Equestria had a beta stress test weekend (which I can't be part of :() and the servers are open until 11:59 PM tonight for PDT Here's a few links on that
Homepage (http://legendsofequestria.com/)
Download Page (http://legendsofequestria.com/downloads)
Forum Main Page (http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/)

This weekend was also Everfree NW, one of the many BronyCon's that happen throughout the year. I believe the next big one will be the "BronyCon" if I'm not mistaken.

Colby
July 15th, 2013, 18:25
News Highlights week of 7/8 - 7/15

Vol. 3

SRB2 News:
I (ShadowCM) released a WIP House WAD earlier this week, feel free to comment on it over there.
The MS went down a couple of days ago, and as of right now, the entire MB seems to be down.
LJ Sonic released a WIP map of his "Dark Meadow Zone" be sure to check it out, there's sure to be tons of interactive fof's

Sonic News:
Earlier this week, the Sonic the Hedgehog Android App was updated.

General News:
Mazefire started a "what's your fav vehicle" poll, which should be very fun for all, be sure to check it out.

Member News:
STCPhoton lost his mod status for childishly changing Sky the Destroyer's post to say "I'm just stupid"
VirtualSonic43's Birthday is Today, although he's been inactive for a while, he has apparently been lurking the forums here and there. He is 15 today.

Demnyx Onyxwing made a wonderful Rainbow Dash mod skin for the Sultan car for GTA SA
MLP:FiM is officially un-segregated from the main forums.

Colby
July 24th, 2013, 16:55
News Highlights week of 7/15 - 7/22

Sorry for being late guys, it's been a busy busy last few days dealing with some stuff, anyway, time for Volume 4 to get started!

SRB2 News:
Throughout the week, there has been some discussion on my new WIP WAD (here (http://srb2skybase.org/mb/showthread.php?t=1669))
Park Valley Carnival recived an update, it is almost out of beta version and to it's 1st official release.

Sonic News:
Some new Sonic Lost World Screenshots have been released, look in the SLW thread for details.

General News:
There is currently a discussion about what your favorite video game controller.
A little random quiz thingy was found by Sky the Destroyer and shown in general discussion for fun, be sure to check it out!
Apparently the Cleveland Show has been cancled on Fox, which makes sense considering most people over the age of 12-14 don't like any of Seth MacFalane's work after 2006 or 2007 anyway.

Member News:
Sylpheed, Team Larva, and the rest of Team Lavender threatened to hack our website earlier this week.
Team Larva was unbanned by demand, with his new account "Belcha the Barrel" who was banned one day later due to high amounts of rule breaking.
Sparkster is currently banned for 3 days
STCPhoton is currently banned for 1 day

Any of you bronies looking for a new game to play? Check out PONYMON (here (http://ponymondawndusk.wikia.com/wiki/Ponymon_Dawn/Dusk_Wiki))
BronyCon is coming up very soon, and a lot of people will be there, including Filly Gamez team, the original makers of the "Welcome to Ponyville" project which was cancelled, rather it will come back is currently unknown.

Colby
July 29th, 2013, 15:10
News Highlights week of 7/22 - 7/29

Hey guys, we have a lot of news about releases this week, check it out! Volume 5 starts now.

SRB2 News:
Genesis-X released a WIP WAD called "Sonic CD Graphics & Music" which is a mixture of various WAD's unless I'm mistaken.
A quick little video (by Sryder13), showed off a 2.1 beta special stage, although it was old, it was still interesting.

Sonic News:
In Japan, an attraction mixing Sonic & Ghostbusters called "Sonic Ghost Shooting" has been announced the other day. It is said to be opening this Halloween with an SA2 type design.

General News:
There has been some curiosity about when the next Skybase Lotto will happen, it's scheduled for December since it is bi-annually.

Member News:
We welcome a new member here this week, Genesis-X who has done a lot here already.
Today is ShadowCM's birthday, whoever that is.

Last Week's Birthday's (because I rushed this last week)
July 15th was VirtualSonic43's birthday
July 17th was AOSTH's birthday
July 20th was Steel Titanium's birthday.

Season 4 of MLP:FiM has been announced to release on Nov. 23 there is also a countdown website (http://ponycountdown.com/), and a countdown app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ponycountdown.com&hl=en).
A Season 4 Animatic has been seen at Comic Con, you can see it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlquKcFM58

With that I leave you with a song related to this week's news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrLSgac3WmM

Colby
August 10th, 2013, 15:57
News Highlights week of 7/29 - 8/10

Hey guys, sorry for being late. Also from now on News will be released on Saturdays and Sundays with school coming up and all. With that it's time for Volume 6 to begin!

SRB2 News:
akb released his Fluttershy WAD a few days ago, and is now working on Trixie.
A Spike WAD was released earlier this week by me. Now I honestly must get working on my next WAD
Another SADX Mod was started earlier this week, but quickly fell flat and got canceled
Tyson the Bladehog hosted a Tournament earlier this week, but was canceled due to lag issues, the tournament might be re-hosted, but details are currently unknown.
Heroes Adventure has claimed to have another segment complete, but we have no downloads or screenshots yet, so beware.

Sonic News:
Sonic Boom is today at St. Louis, Missouri; Sky the Destroyer is our inside source on this event, and will hopefully have details for us later.
Multiple Sonic Lost World trailers have been released throughout the week, and more are on the way!
Sylpheed's SADX is still in the works according to the non-banned members of Team Lavender, but no beta's will be released anytime soon

General News:
Xbox Live for the 360 is having an update this Fall, they will be transferring points to actual monetary value.

Member News:
Rex the Fox, and Teen Tails Aran are now mods of the SRB2 submissions section of our forums
SuperSonic is now mod of the SADX section of the forum
Your poor admin is very sick today (like anyone cares XD)
No Birthday's this week (unless you want to wish a bot happy birthday)

Season 4 is exactly 105 days away!
Check out "Children of the Night" it's a big hit that just came out recently!

Poor Tom
http://www.swfcabin.com/swf-files/1373491536.swf

Colby
August 17th, 2013, 15:34
News Highlights week of 8/10 - 8/17

I don't know about you guys, but for me, it's been a long week. And it seems almost everyone is back in school now. Point is, Volume 7 is here, and you can read it right now, let's go!

SRB2 News:
HAPPY FOX has started a small map, hopefully we'll have a beta download soon.
Metal Fighter commented back on one of his older level WIP's saying that it might be abandoned or finished within the next few weeks.
More 2.1 updates were released recently

Sonic News:
Sonic Lost World has more trailers out, and finally some 3DS content
If you have a powerful PC, and Dolphin, you might wanna check out some SA2B Mods that MainMemory has been working on. (Yes, the same MainMemory that is famous for SADX modding)

General News:
DuckTales (an old cartoon, and NES video game) is being remade for multiple platforms, more on this in the topic posted by Kods.
Sky has updated some of the forums lately (now if only my idea's could be put in place finally)
Alright people, don't freak out about inactivity from your friends here on Skybase, you have school, I have school, and so does 90% of Skybase members, so don't flip just because we aren't as active during school hours (although with 2 computer classes a day, I will be here when I can)

Member News:
We would like to give a warm welcome to our newest members, Renji Senju, and EternallyAries.
It was SuperKnUxOnIc's birthday the other day, sadly he's an inactive member.

Season 4 is exactly 98 days away!
BEST THING EVER [LINK (http://www.welovefine.com/6213-breakdance-pon3-vinyl-figure.html#.Ug-DGdK2OGs)]

You get nothing this week! MUHAHAHAHAHA

Colby
August 24th, 2013, 15:03
News Highlights week of 8/17 - 8/24

Hey guys, hope everyone had an awesome week like I did. IT's been awesome seeing some old friends, and even making new ones. With that it is time to start, Skybase Weekly Volume 8!

SRB2 News:
cyan sonic sent in Floral Cavern Zone 1 to submissions earlier this week, but also put it into WIP later in the week. The WIP has more content, so I think that is the one we should work with.
HAPPYFOX has released a WIP of his own as well, called Azure Hill Zone, which so far seems to have been received well. I know I speak for everyone when I say, good luck on your level HAPPYFOX!
akb778 has released his newest pony WAD, the one, the only, the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE *insert fanfare here* The top post says He's working on RD at the moment, but his avatar also hints at something else as well. And I honestly need to get moving, I'm only half way done with my WAD (blame school... and the government too)

Sonic News:
Sonic Lost Worlds has confirmed a pro-order available with exclusive "Deadly Six Edition" (WiiU only) Looks like the poor 3DS will be ignored for the most part.

General News:
Some games like Elsword have been notable lately on the forums, so if you have steam, and some time, you should definately check it out, and even get a chance to hang with some of your buds here from Skybase.
The DuckTales Remastered game mentioned last week is apparently already released, so be sure to look for that sometime soon, especially if you were a fan of the old cartoon.
The Cave Story thread has been bumped, again, so check that out, apparently there are also some mods to be discussed there too.

Member News:
The August Active Members Poll is up and running, be sure to submit your vote asap!
Larztard turned 15 yesterday (8/23) and he even went online yesterday as well!

Season 4 is exactly 91 days away!
If you haven't already guys, I highly recommend watching "Ballad of the Brony" documentary on YouTube if you have the time, I found it very informative, and although based on the views of early season 2, it is still good nonetheless LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE7I_IDX98g)

Ever meet a hater guys? Course you have, well here is a video I found that I completely agree with (most) the points of view the guy has here affects more then just bronies too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB5oXLTrhSo#t=799

Colby
August 31st, 2013, 16:12
News Highlights week of 8/24 - 8/31

Hey guys, another long week come and gone, and with it, you get your paws on another edition of Skybase Weekly, Let's go, Volume 9!

SRB2 News:
LJ Sonic, a true linedef master, has released a beta for his newest project; a scary WAD called "Dance with the Shadows" and as always, we have high expectations from this WAD, so good luck LJ!

Sonic News:
A lot of Screenshots have been released this week, as well as a 30 minute video of the entire demo being played in a Wal-Mart.
Sonic Generations (3DS) is now out on the eShop! Check it out if you haven't already!

General News:
Nintendo has released a trailer revealing their newest handheld, the 2DS, a 3DS with the 3D feature removed. Although at first it seems rediculous, the price seems to change the minds of some people.
MegaMan is already known this year for his appearence in ssb4, but his next move is unexpected, a board game, some mixed reviews of this are there for sure, bu could this be all bad, lots of big time companies have done board games (Spongebob, Shrek, Sonic, and more!)

Member News:
Today some awesome people are celebrating their B-days, Wind (who is now 17), and NitroTH, so hurry up and fill those VM boxes!
Sylpheed tried to troll everyone again this week, by pretending to be dead, but was quickly caught when he was found active on Skype the next day.
Rex the Fox has currently decided to leave us, saying he may return someday. I know I speak for all the sensable people here on Skybase when I say, we shall await your return.

Season 4 is exactly 84 days away!
If you guys haven't already, check out Harmony PCG, it is awesome, fun, and worth a laugh or two.

Nothing, you get NOTHING! Muhahahahahaha

Colby
September 8th, 2013, 00:20
News Highlights week of 8/31 - 9/7

Skybase Weekly Volume 10! Read it up!

SRB2 News:
Floral Cavern has recived an update, now with Zone 3 playable
Green Coast has a WIP WAD is in the WIP section, by XXGhostTheHedgehogXX

Sonic News:
Nothing, seriously, talk about a low week

General News:
The thing at the place happened at the time. (aka nothing)

Member News:
SuperSonic has been caught stealing multiple mods for SADX, he has recived a Tier 1 Ban, and is no longer mod of the SADX section of the Skybase forums.
Just a reminder to all the members out there that bumping a topic older than a month, without actual content, is against the rules, although I have been nice about this recently, I'd like to see sensless bumps come to a stop, please add content if anything.

Season 4 is exactly 76 days away!
Pony Creator v3 is out, check it out if you haven't already! LINK (http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-v3-397808116)

For those of you living under a rock, Sonic Shorts volume 8 came out. Also SEGA Shorts will be starting apparently.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=co4IsJG12AU

Colby
September 14th, 2013, 15:34
News Highlights week of 9/7 - 9/14

Whoo, another week, another Skybase Weekly, time for Vol 11 to show itself!

SRB2 News:
The 2.0.7 patch was released this week, built to combat the recent "hack" that takes down servers, and even make net games more stable supposedly.
Just a reminder for everyone bugging akb778 about an AJ WAD, I am making it, slowly but surely!
CoatRack kindly included us Skybase members in this year's "Amateur Stage Design Trials - New Mapping Contest!" where any map maker can attempt to join in the beginner set, or the advanced set. The Theme of course is halloween, more specifically scary stuff. Be sure to read the thread on it LINK (http://srb2skybase.org/mb/showthread.php?t=1895)

Sonic News:
Sonic Lost World is scheduled to come out this holiday season, so make sure Santa stocks up for all the good SEGA fans about.
Sonic Lost World's theme song called "Wonder World" will be shown in Japan on October 11th

General News:
The sequel to Amnesia The Dark Descent, called Amnesia: Machine for Pigs, came out Tuesday, at about 5AM EST. Once I get a new PC this is one of my first "must play" games.

Member News:
For fun I started a simple "Who is best Admin" poll, and apparently Sky is currently winning 6 to 3
Not a single birthday this week apparently.

Season 4 is exactly 70 days away!

Nothing, unless you wanna see a copy of my Algerba Homework

Colby
September 21st, 2013, 13:16
News Highlights week of 9/14 - 9/21

Another hard week of work on my end, but the good news is that the site seems to be picking up again somewhat. Read away everyone, it's Volume 12!

SRB2 News:
The halloween contest is still open (and will be till November something I think), so take your time and map away!

Sonic News:
Couple of Jap trailers have been released within the past few days, and turning on captions is hilarious for the most recent one.

General News:
The topic "Which Sonic is Better" came back up from the ashes the other day, which can also put the question, if anyone changed their mind as of late, on it.
A Halloween discussion has been started, so be sure to read it, and post on it!
According to recent developments, and multiple sources; Apparently Capcom is very low on money (for a company), and is screwing themselves over slowly, and rumor has it their big comeback is "DLC" of all things. So they might end up like the Persona guys and end up selling off what they have to other companies.
Also, SEGA bought Index (the owners of Persona and such) earlier this week.

Member News:
3 Birthdays this week!
Kirbymon48 (Sept. 15th)
SuperSonic (Sept. 17th/15th B-day)
Burning-Fox (Sept. 18th/16th B-day)
Happy Birthday (week) guys!

Season 4 is exactly 63 days away!
Episode of the Week: S3 E4 "One Bad Seed" Go watch it!

Nothing, again XP

Colby
September 28th, 2013, 15:57
News Highlights week of 9/21 - 9/28

Another week gone by, and a good one at that, end of September, and it's time for Volume 13!

SRB2 News:
XXGhostTheHedgehogXX has started a few new WIP maps, hopefully they will be playable soon!

Sonic News:
Some new trailers were relased for Sonic Lost World

General News:
A new animation series is in the making, about all of us here at skybase to be exact. The team is already getting together with wicked awesome ideas, so be sure to jump in before it's too late!

Member News:
SpiritCrusher turned 19 last Sunday!
Flames the Hedgehog's Birthday was last Monday!
I have a cold (again!)
Welcome back STCPhoton!

Season 4 is exactly 56 days away!
Episode of the Week: Season 2 Ep 22 "Hurricane Fluttershy"

Check out the Skybase Adventures Staff Group sometime if you wanna contribute! ;P

Colby
October 5th, 2013, 14:05
News Highlights week of 9/28 - 10/5

Volume 14! Read it or perish!

SRB2 News:
Steel Titanium Ported a 1.09.4 WAD the other day called "Baconman" it's a decent and fun wad to play with as well.

Sonic News:
Sonic Boom is starting to get more news leaked, like that it is full CG animation, and that the character designs seem "questionable" to some, but also has promise considering it has nothing to do with 4Kids (thank goodness)
Everyone's favorite blue blur is now officially on the SSB4 Lineup!

General News:
The Skybase Anime had a great start last week, but with school it seemed to slow down slightly, but fear not, I am still working on the project, as I'm sure many of you are as well.

Member News:
Hybrid35 Turned 16 last Sunday

Season 4 is exactly 49 days away!
Episode of the Week: S2 EP3 "Lesson Zero"

So yea, that poll of Sky vs Me...
jk

Colby
October 12th, 2013, 19:25
News Highlights week of 10/5 - 10/12

Read this, or else, it's #15 right now!

SRB2 News:
Remember the Halloween contest is still going on, less than 1 month of time remains, hurry up designers, and get to it!

Sonic News:
Rumor in Nintendo is that The CEO's of Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Japan got into a fight, and as a result Sonic might be removed from SSB4 unless the Japanese representative gets a proper apology from the American one's heartlessness. They already have a petition 7 Million strong trying to save the blue blur from this fate.

General News:
[Furloughed]

Member News:
A note to all members, please remember we welcome creative discussion, but messages like "cool story bro" do not accomplish anything positive for anyone.
Wolfy turned 15 today!
JacobTheFoxNg091 turned 16 earlier this week!

Season 4 is exactly 42 days away!
Episode of the Week: S1 Ep1/2 "Friendship is Magic" (3 Year Anniversary as of Oct. 10th)

No extra for you!

Colby
October 19th, 2013, 20:39
News Highlights week of 10/12 - 10/19

More news every week, read it. Volume 16

SRB2 News:
The Halloween contest continues, and the deadline is getting closer and closer.
Just a little thing, I've been doing some work in WAD's, so in a week or two, a beta could be out.

Sonic News:
Sonic Lost World has been released in the UK earlier this week, the US will get it soon.
SLW also came with some UK launch trailers and such.

General News:
The Government delayed this debt thing until January. As usual our political system is as smooth as ever.
The vbPlaza was updated with new user title edits, like color. Also Animated Avatar's are back.

Member News:
Just a reminder to all members who recently see this website as "dead" or a "lost cause," I'd just like to remind you all that it's not the quantity that makes something great, it's the quality. Although it would be nice to have some new members, sitting here on the forums repeating the phrase "the site is dying" does not encourage good enthusiasm that is needed to draw in new members.
Although they may be few and infrequent, I know for a fact we have people who read these forums as guests on a somewhat regular basis, and causing all this drama makes them want to leave before even joining. Does everyone see what I'm getting at here?

Season 4 is exactly 35 days away!
Episode of the Week: S2 Ep 15 "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000"

Cats meow, and dogs moo
btw, as far as I'm concerned the Animation idea is still ongoing, so I'm still working on it.

Colby
October 27th, 2013, 02:46
News Highlights week of 10/19 - 10/26

Lately we've seen lots of games being released, with plenty more on the way. Probably because the upcoming Holidays. Anyway, here's your Volume 17!

SRB2 News:
Only a few weeks left on the Halloween Contest!
I've started a SRB2-DB Tutorial, I'll release more after I get some feedback on my first one.

Sonic News:
Sonic Lost World is coming out Tuesday in the US, now the real question is which console it will sell better for?
Sonic2 Remastered and S&ASRT are coming to Mobile devices, now if only SEGA could somehow take on S2HD without anyone complaining too much, or at least a new team to continue it.

General News:
The Website has been undergoing some problems lately, but most of them are now fixed, so no need to worry guys!
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Duel Destinies came out last Friday, and from what I can tell it's amazing. Good reviews, and an amazing demo, currently avalible at the eShop. Someone is even giving away a $35 eShop card to celebrate (see PW5 Thread)
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag is scheduled to come out somtime next week.

Member News:
This week was Genesis-X's Birthday!

Season 4 is exactly 28 days away!
Episode of the Week: S2 Ep4 "Luna Eclipsed"
Video of the Week: LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ogvtoEnDxk)

Go buy a cat, all of you. I demand cats!

Colby
November 3rd, 2013, 01:34
News Highlights week of 10/26 - 11/2

Another fine week indeed, new games galore, and more to come to the game market. Read Volume 18 while you wait for some other new games.

SRB2 News:
The Halloween Contest ends on November the 12th, that's 10 days left. I sadly will not be entering due to me focusing on another map project for a later contest.

Sonic News:
Sonic Lost World has been released, and for a real sonic fan, it's defiantly worth a try. And according to our insider, it's a must have for a 3DS owner, and a big upgrade from Generations 3DS

General News:
New tech of self repairing plastic is being developed in Spain, check it out LINK (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/this-could-be-big-abc-news/terminator-plastic-polymer-heal-itself-014827978.html?vp=1)
More new tech, instant cooling machines could replace freezers in stores, and even ice-cubes in the home, read it up! LINK (http://www.news.com.au/technology/gadgets/v-tex-gadget-works-like-a-reverse-microwave-cooling-drinks-in-seconds/story-fnda1lbo-1226748586309?from=public_rss)

Member News:
Drake The Hedgehog turned 17 on Halloween! Congrats, I bet you got candy for your birthday.

Season 4 is exactly 21 days away!
Episode of the Week: S2 Ep6 "The Cutie Pox"
Video of the Week: My Little Can Can (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtfrFGwhaic)

If you're looking to watch some anime check out Higurashi! It's a crazy Mystery, Horror, Supernatural, Psychological, Thriller (has a good bit a funny moments too)

Colby
November 11th, 2013, 16:50
News Highlights week of 11/2 - 11/9

A busy week indeed for many, I'm sure, anyway time to read another edition of Skybase Weekly. Volume 19 is now up! And yes it is 2 days late, sue me.

SRB2 News:
Only a few days left on the Halloween contest by CoatRack. Be sure to get your submissions in.
CyanAqua discovered a way to host SRB2 without having to go through the port forwarding process, truly useful for people with password protected routers.

Sonic News:
Now that SLW is out and about it seems we have a few reviews here on Skybase, for both 3DS and WiiU versions. Very interesting to see the mixed reviews if you ask me.

General News:
YouTube has officially made it a requirement to have a Google+ account to comment on anything, and the new comment system is a disaster to the point that even PewDiePie (Current #1 YouTuber), disabled his comments, as stated in another thread.
The SteamBox seems to have a quite a few PC gamers impressed, and might even get them to play this "semi-console" when it comes out, considering the competition in 2014, the SteamBox might just be rated best console if it is as good as Steam for PC. Now if only we could have a Steam return policy put in place.

Member News:
Remember the Members poll for October ends very soon.
Also everyone, remember to listen to direct Admin orders if they are given to you, otherwise you might get banned.
Jake92 turned 15 earlier this week.

Season 4 is exactly 14 days away!
Episode of the Week: Season 1 Ep 5 "Griffon the Brush Off"
Video of the Week: PFUDOR (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DqRC 4Vk6kisY&ei=LfmAUq-TKbXI4AP07YDABg&usg=AFQjCNE_TOVGWRIHUcRhxFSj9BqsmvydhQ&sig2=CAPblzHXS8AOvTy9QD11_w&bvm=bv.56146854,d.dmg)

Nothing, I am busy playing poker, thank you.

Colby
November 16th, 2013, 18:00
News Highlights week of 11/9 - 11/16

A slow and boring week in my opinion, but this coming up week should be a lot better, until it comes around enjoy Volume 20 of Skybase Weekly!

SRB2 News:
The ASDT Contest is currently in Judgement mode, check the thread to play the entries and vote for your favorite.
Hazard has released a soc, but it is currently unsure of what it does, due to lack of screenshots or specific descriptions.
LJ Sonic has started his own tutorials for SRB2 mapping, which should be very useful to learn very advanced techniques.

Sonic News:
The Sonic Lost World Demo has been released for both 3DS and WiiU consoles for those of you "unsure" of the game still.

General News:
Mr. Black is hosting a "Space Runaway Ideon" Marathon, if you are looking for an anime series to watch, check with him for the link!

Member News:
Josh turned 17 this week.

Season 4 is exactly 7 days away!!!
Episode of the Week: Season 1 Ep 3 "The Ticket Master"
Video of the Week: S4 Animatic (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dhnl quKcFM58&ei=b6OHUu-3DPan4APkmoD4Bg&usg=AFQjCNGD1LRcbj_EPkWWL2QvSrTi5Xl28w&sig2=51QhcqUvyaZFNrVQ1FKXKQ&bvm=bv.56643336,d.dmg)

Have a cat (http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmqx77t4mg1qbw98ko1_500.jpg)

Colby
November 23rd, 2013, 14:22
News Highlights week of 11/16 - 11/23

A fine week if I do say so myself, and I'm sure you are all just as ready as me for getting Thanksgiving break, read SkyBase Weekly Volume 21 to get your vacation started!

SRB2 News:
The ASDT Contest is over, read the thread for details, hopefully we can have a Christmas contest soon
LJ Sonic started an "Advanced Mapping Technique" thread in which he will explain many useful techniques for an interactive and fun map.
Rainbow "Dashy" Dash is working on a new match map that could rival Meadow Match for simplicity in a fun way!

Sonic News:
Some footage for a boss in Sonic Xtreme has been revealed in a Canadian TV show from 1998 now on the internet after over a decade; the clip is embedded below, and Sonic show's up at about 3:46 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WVl6qhdJULY

General News:
Gurren Lagann seems to be becoming popular again lately, I might just watch a few episodes after finishing Ideon

Member News:
Not a single birthday this week
The Active Members Poll for November is up, be sure to cast your vote today!

Season 4 is TODAY!!!
Episode of the Week: Season 4 Ep 1 & 2 "Princess Twilight Sparkle Parts 1 & 2"
Video of the Week: Friendship is Manly
-NOTE: For those of you wishing to see the Season 4 Primere online, I found a website that will be showing it. At the moment they are showing the Hub right now who is doing a mlp recap of season 3 episodes. LINK (http://www.bronystate.net/)

The answer to world peace, shove anime down everyone's throat

Colby
November 30th, 2013, 03:09
News Highlights week of 11/23 - 11/30

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and so thus, our vacation is coming to an end, I hope you all had a great break, and enjoy Skybase Weekly Volume 22!

SRB2 News:
Slow on SRB2 this week, I'm sure next week will have a lot more to offer here

Sonic News:
Sonic Dash is now in the Google Play Store for Android users.
For a limited time, Sonic Dash has a Sonic Lost World event active where you can fight Zazz of the Deadly Six! (His voice is different from what I expected, in a good way, since it means he isn't the generic emo some people protrayed him as)
Everyone's favorite Hedgehog made an apperance at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, as expected. And this one didn't Jihad a building!

General News:
We have an mlp thread to replace the last one, and to avoid season 4 starting clogging up the forums with multiple threads.
Mazefire found a nice little thing for iOs and gameboy emulation (NOTE: Skybase does not distribute ROM's or links to ROM websites, use Google for that)

Member News:
The members poll for November is over, and was on schedule, hopefully I remember to do December on time too.
Lot's of birthday's this week!
-abiT
-Super Vegito
-Knackles Da Ekdia
and most of all of this list
KODS4, HAPPY BIRTHDAY (this week)

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Ep 3 "Castle-Mania"
Video of the Week: Button's Adventures - Pilot

*Sky was hit by Animal Murderer's Scatter Ring*

Colby
December 7th, 2013, 18:21
News Highlights week of 11/30 - 12/7

Welcome everyone to another amazing week of Skybase Weekly, you are about to read volume 23, so read it and enjoy, or perish!

SRB2 News:
Ors started a thread of "SRB2 Challenges," where people can post videos or lumps of them completing various challanges, and hope for the best time, it sounds like a good way to train a bit if you need it.
Rainbow"Dashy"Dash released a new level called "Floral Cove Zone 1" earlier this week, and it is a fun map to try to speedrun, and it is also something new here.
akb778 came back for a short time earlier this week with a demo wad for Luna; and don't you worry, AJ is still being worked on!
We now have a thread to post your Time Attacks for different levels, you must post better proof than a screenshot though.

Sonic News:
Sonic Dash is actually more popular in the Google Play store than Temple Run 2 at this moment.

General News:
A interesting little thread about your fav spiky haired character was started, aside from everyone's favorite Hedgehog, there are plenty of anime characters out there that fit the description.

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
SomariTheAdventurer
VØLT
The Ace of Hearts

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Ep 4 "Daring Don't"
Video of the Week: RD Presents: Haunting Nightmare (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYYyMH1qSAA)

I have to save the *insert spiritual/space name* planet from *insert generic villian here*

Colby
December 14th, 2013, 16:46
News Highlights week of 12/7 - 12/14

Another busy busy week, I'm sure. Luckily in another week or two most of us will have Christmas break. Also congrats to all of the college students reading this for completing their first semester! (considering most colleges have finished their's for this year) Enjoy Volume 24!

SRB2 News:
The SRB2 Challenges continue, and more ideas are coming out of the thread, defiantly something interesting to do if you have the time!

Sonic News:
Sonic2 remake and SASRT are now available for both apple and android devices

General News:
This week the infamous "Pirate Bay" has had to move domain names twice due to the Dutch and British Government.

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
Vine <Blade The Hedgefoxie>

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Ep 5 "Flight to the Finish"
Video of the Week: Pony.Mov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE5zRxmvHzM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNQvLECht08
IT BROKE THROUGH THE NEW COMMENT SYSTEM

Colby
December 22nd, 2013, 14:59
News Highlights week of 12/14 - 12/21

Christmas is only a few days away, Happy first day of Winter! I hope everyone has a great Christmas, and be sure to read Volume 25 too!

SRB2 News:
Rainbow 'Dashy' Dash and Associates are working on bring out new levels for both SRB2: New Horizon's, and Heroes Adventure!

Sonic News:
Sonic Lost World now has some DLC from Nintendo characters like Yoshi and LoZ!

General News:
A cat ran across a tight rope over the water between Alaska and Russia, it then drank Russian milk.

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
SonicLover
Sanctum The Hedgehog
悔い改めクラッシュステッ

Just a small reminder to members to please not include the burden's of your social life here, for one it makes you a target, and two it annoys many other people

Episode of the Week: Season 2 Ep 11 "Hearth's Warming Eve"
Video of the Week: PONIES the Anthology III (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPW9ki-IfZ8)

Wind was hit by Sky's rail ring.
Sky was hit by Wind's rail ring.

Colby
December 29th, 2013, 01:38
News Highlights week of 12/21 - 12/28

Just about time for 2014, last Skybase Weekly of the year! Read volume 26 before the explosions come!!!

SRB2 News:
Ors has joined the team for "SRB2: New Horizons" and it has recieved some updates too!
Things for SRB2 Challanges are starting to get heated, and we need more creative challanges to keep it going!

Sonic News:
This happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77g1wLD98d4

General News:
The Skybase Lotto 2 has begun, and will be going on until Jan 7th or 8th. Be sure to get in it, the more that enter, the bigger the prize!

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
No one had a birthday this week... supposedly!

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 7 "Bats"
Video of the Week: (macchinainterna's contributions) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPHii2NivUk)

WindHX: still have to figure out how im going to integrate it into my watch list
Sky The Destroyer: just throw it in before the next anime you're going to watch
WindHX: one does not simply "throw it in before the next anime you're going to watch"
Sky The Destroyer: didn't you do that with black rock shooter
WindHX: there are procedures, clearances, paper work to be done, things to be signed off on

Happy New Year from the Skybase Staff (All 2 of them)
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0w8ekk0Kh1rohdw9o1_500.gif

Colby
January 4th, 2014, 18:09
News Highlights week of 12/28 - 1/4

Looks like school is just about here again, for some it means exams, and for others it means more school in general. Best of luck to all, and enjoy volume 27 while you can!

SRB2 News:
SRB2: New Horizons has been recieving a lot of updates throughout the week, showing a lot of promise for their next release.
With the new year hear, the Devs from SRB2 stated that 2.1 should be complete this year, while most are sceptic, I think it is reasonable given their almost 4 years of production on it to date (with some sidetracks for them, plus life)
Sonic Fan2000 released an updates version of the "Parappa the Rapper" wad earlier this week.
The SRB2 Challanges continue on and are now starting to get some for Knux and Tails too!

Sonic News:
The blue blur is taking a vacation this week, the paparazi can't seem to get anything on him for today.

General News:
2014 has officially started, let's make this year better than the last!

Member News:
Looks like TeamLava was goofing around this week, but nothing that physically effected us of course.
The Skybase Lotto is getting close to the end, hurry up and enter! Remember there is a bonus prize this time too, not just points.
This Weeks Birthdays:
LJ Sonic
Silver The Powerhog
zSuperMajinVegitoz

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 8 "Rarity Takes Manehatten"
Video of the Week: Twilight's Day Off (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPvTId6D6IU)

70YearOldSCM: Dang you wipper snappers, and your gyro machines to play 4D callz od Dity! Back in my day we used a "controller" with our hands

Kid: Shaddup old koot!

Colby
January 11th, 2014, 22:06
News Highlights week of 1/4 - 1/11

Another week come and gone once again, also the 2nd Skybase Lotto came to an end, you can see who won below, right here in volume 28!

SRB2 News:
Some new time attacks are coming up now, be sure to show of your speed.
Ors started a conversation about contests, that could be promising if we have enough support.

Sonic News:
Some sad news, Sonic the Hedgehog box art illustrator Greg Martin passed away on Jan. 6, 2013, may he rest in peace.

General News:
Agdq 2014 has started, some famous speed runners doing a ton of games, worth a check out if you like livestreams.
mazefire has started an interesting discussion about glove types that might be a good debate of preferance.

Member News:
The Skybase Lotto 2 has ended, and Steel Titanium has won the prize of 36,000 Points and 1 art request from me (PM me to redeem both)
Winning Combo: 4; 17; 10; 26; 35; 29
Steel's Combo: 4,10,1,15,30,26
This Weeks Birthdays:
phil the hedgehog
Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 9 "Pinkie Apple Pie"
Video of the Week: Stupid Harmony Box (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrk5T2rpHbU)

Anonymous: That women is a curse!
ShadowCM: Aren't all women?
Anonymous: Good point.

Colby
January 19th, 2014, 04:37
News Highlights week of 1/11 - 1/18

Another week bites the dust, nothing to exciting this week, but just about everyone should have Monday off, so that's something, enjoy that as well as Skybase Weekly Volume 29!

SRB2 News:
A slow week flows by as Mystic sits back and eats birthday cake.

Sonic News:
The Sonic the Hedgehog comic series is about to start a new story arc, and is currently on issue #260 (I better get reading)

General News:
Demnyx Onyxwing has started our first Speedrun thread, with a perfect setup. And given SM64's popularity, I'm sure we'll get some good competition there!
The AGDQ 2014 ended, and they raised over $1 million, props to them and their charity work!

Member News:
We here at Skybase would like to welcome KitsuneFreak back after his vacation time.
Rex the Kitsune has been banned for the rude treatment of fellow members, if you suspect him of ban evading please report him to your nearest admin.
This Weeks Birthdays:
Mystic

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 10 "Rainbow Falls"
Video of the Week: Brony Polka (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83lpPH-ozmA)

17:18 - WindHX: I'M INFATUATED WITH LOLIS
17:18 - WindHX: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Colby
January 25th, 2014, 17:45
News Highlights week of 1/18 - 1/25

I don't know about you guys, but for me this week went by very fast, too fast in fact. Anyway, while I look into a time paradox, enjoy Skybase Weekly Volume 30!

SRB2 News:
The Dev team... they did a thing... at a place... yea!

Sonic News:
Sanic is busy rolling around at the speed of sound, and refused to let us interview him today, sorry folks.

General News:
Dage4 EX started a Cave Story Speedrun thread
The new Zelda game for WiiU (Hyrule Warriors), looks promising by looking at the teaser. Thanks to mazefire for showing us it.

Member News:
A small reminder to members, if you feel we have overlooked something in the weekly news, feel free to PM an admin about it, and also feel free to PM us ahead of time before the news to ask for something to be added that might not be otherwise.
Hey everyone, the Active Members poll for January ends soon, be sure to cast your vote!
This Weeks Birthdays:
QuikSilverTheHedgehog
srb2md2dude
supertails201

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 11 "Three's a Crowd"
Video of the Week: Flutterbat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97XI5UvRYbo)

ShadowCM: My god, that clock...
Anonymous: It finally reached its potential as a toaster.

Colby
February 1st, 2014, 17:29
News Highlights week of 1/25 - 2/1

Once again we find ourselves at the end of another fine week, I hope it was grand for everyone, please enjoy Skybase Weekly Volume 31.

SRB2 News:
The Applejack WAD was finally released after a long time in production, leaving only one more remake necessary before the Mane6 set is complete.

Sonic News:
Our blue blur once again seems to be MIA this week

General News:
An interesting discussion about scary dreams has been discussed over the past few days; it defiantly is something every member has at least one or two things to say about it.

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
Badnik

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 12 "Pinkie Pride"
Video of the Week: You've got mail (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltyzp-2-B3o)

You can get great wholesale prices by looking into directories and also sites when suppliers from China are contracted and listed. I think unfortunately, that's always been a danger, right. Though Conviction has its flaws you just can't underestimate it.

Colby
February 8th, 2014, 19:19
News Highlights week of 2/1 - 2/8

A mostly quiet week, for the most part, but that won't stop Volume 32 from coming out!

SRB2 News:
Windy Mound! is a new WIP map by a cat, although some textures are in question.

Sonic News:
Apparently according to Sonic Retro, Sonic Boom will not only be a Television show, but also a game similar to the Adventure series playstyle.
A new Sonic Movie is scheduled to be made

General News:
The Poke'Bank is finally out to the US, plenty of delay too
A new Yoshi game is in development called "Yoshi's New Island"

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
MECHA/METAL/SSONIC
Uber-Dan
Gen

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 13 "Simple Ways"
Video of the Week: Wing Power (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWNDgkosPS0)

Pudding

Colby
February 15th, 2014, 18:01
News Highlights week of 2/8 - 2/15

Presidents day is coming up this Monday, meaning most of us should have that day off! Enjoy Volume 33 as well as your 3 day weekend.

SRB2 News:
Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2 states that from now on, they will be hosting on Holidays!

Sonic News:
TooFast4U (I got nothing this week)

General News:
Demnyx Onyxwing has started a speedrun for Super Monkey Ball 2!
Rex started an interesting Pokémon Journal this week that could prove promising if developed right.
Flappy Birds, the popular mobile game, has been taken down from the app store by the owner, there are many rumors about this, so we don't have any solid facts for now. Although it has been replaced by clones on the app store, as well as an online MMO (thanks to Demnyx for that info)

Member News:
Mr. Black had some computer problems this week, then he solved them.
A reminder to members that we do still have Skybase groups such as the 3DS group just for things like Friend codes.
This Weeks Birthdays:

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 14 "Filli Vanilli"
Video of the Week: Another Donut (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VjwM0GvMm0)

Sky the Destroyer: You misspelled secret...
ShadowCM: I swear officer, I'm not drunk!
Sky the Destroyer: Sure.

Colby
February 22nd, 2014, 17:07
News Highlights week of 2/15 - 2/22

Another week gone by, a moderately normal and boring one if you ask me. Did any of you have anything exciting recently? Either way, enjoy volume 34 for now!

SRB2 News:
After a few problems among some members, akb's wads have been updated and also brought onto the Skybase Domain for direct download.

Sonic News:
An interesting question has been in discussion this week about the car in the poster for Sonic Boom, rather it will be seen in the game or cartoon; be sure to place your opinion on this in the Sonic Boom thread, and maybe some thoughts of yours on the game, and cartoon in general.

General News:
Apparently a Raving Rabbids movie is in the making, so the real question is, "Will we see Rayman at all, and if so will he play a role?"

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
*SnowFlake*

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 15 "Twilight Time"
Video of the Week: Pinkie feels it slipping (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPTk6UyTDLw)

I have no idea what to say ;_;

Colby
March 1st, 2014, 18:09
News Highlights week of 2/22 - 3/1

Busy busy, that's how this week feels for certain. Hopefully everyone can still make some time for volume 35!

SRB2 News:
There was a small update to SRB2: New Horizons, showing it's still in the works
A discussion about what happened to SRB2 for you has been created, please post on it about what you think has become of SRB2 in your opinion.
akb778 updated his WAD collection with Derpy, he plans next to take on the CMC or Sunset Shimmer.

Sonic News:
SAGE 2014 is out, meaning dozens of free fangames for all of us, from games made by the same guy that made Before/After the Sequel, to game that are still in development like SonicGDK

General News:
Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are free until the end of March, read the thread by mazefire for more details.

Member News:
The Active Members Poll for February is up, I apologize for it being late, please remember to cast your vote in there as soon as possible.
This Weeks Birthdays:
PKGamingZeta
bolt tribal

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 16 "It Ain't Easy Being Breezies"
Video of the Week: Top 10 Pony vids of Feb. 2014 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2jaCNLotGM)

I don't think it's healthy to be level 60 in an MMO in less than a day in-game time

This week we have a couple more things to add to the Extra slot

Flappy Generator (credit to Fuzz)
LINK (http://apps.apolinariopassos.com.br/flappygenerator/en/)

Video:
Minigames are dangerous! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4rTDPZpmbQ)

Colby
March 8th, 2014, 19:13
News Highlights week of 3/1 - 3/8

A quick, yet post filled week here at Skybase, enjoy volume 36 while the chaos unfolds!

SRB2 News:
SRB2 2.1, the legend itself, will be released within the next 2 weeks (or so). All aboard the hype train!
akb778 has put his Pony WAD's on hold until 2.1, incase of compatibility issues.

Sonic News:
A lot of Sonic Boom discussion has been going on lately, be sure to put in your 2 cents on the matter ASAP

General News:
A 3DS game has been discussed over the week, and despite the games adult nature, we want to remind everyone about rule 12 before they post there.
A discussion as started about possible Skybase Contests and Prizes, as well as another of what Skybase vbPlaza items members would like to see.
Soon the Wii, DS, and DSi online features will be gone, making it a sad day for SSBB and MKwii fans.

Member News:
The Active Members Poll for February is still up, due to it being late, be sure to cast your vote ASAP.
Skybase Rule #1 was updated earlier this week, more revisions may come later on to other rules.
This Weeks Birthdays:
GoldenSonic
AirFox
JTE

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 17 "Somepony to Watch Over Me"
Video of the Week: One Day with Fluttershy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wre8Vmnekcs)

20:59
*Rex The Kitsune has reached 1290 posts!*
21:17
*ShadowCM has reached 1980 posts!*

Colby
March 16th, 2014, 04:24
News Highlights week of 3/8 - 3/15

A very important week for Skybase and SRB2 as a whole, enjoy volume 37!

SRB2 News:
SRB2 2.1 has been released today, the legend has come true and the servers are exploding, others although are waiting for the other hotfixes like 2.1.2 to come out! I hope to be hosting a dedicated server soon for the weekend.
akb's Pony WAD's will be coming to 2.1 slowly with some minor changes for 2.1
Zuper Sonic has been ported to 2.1
I(ShadowCM) will be porting a few wad's to 2.1, depending on what can be fixed, and what even needs to be fixed.

Sonic News:
Sonic Boom has some new concept art leaked of some original looking characters.

General News:
SOPA is back, be sure to go sign the petition, see the thread by Steel Titanium for details.

Member News:
The Skybase Groups will be cleaned out slightly,
This Weeks Birthdays:
Nitro the Hedgehog
Naota The Hedgehog

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 18 "Maud Pie"
Video of the Week: MLP - Make a Wish (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-b1nmLqrQ)

CONS-
1. New bosses that spam projectiles or clones of themselves at you
2. mareathon levels
3. overall difficulty
4. some wads act strange but still work
5. The Final boss makes you fly out of the arena if you get hit by his missle
These are my opinions, but whatever.

1. Oh no, difficulty added (because apparently challenges are a bad thing now)
2. oh no, revamped stages that we can't beat in under a minute (that also look AMAZING; loving the slime thing, by the way).
3. Practice, it's not even that big of a difficulty curve.
4. They don't work because 2.1.X is an update
5. You move a good distance, but not NEARLY enough to fly off the edge without standing right next to it.

Colby
March 23rd, 2014, 04:59
News Highlights week of 3/15 - 3/22

A productive week to say the least, some on spring break, while others finish spring break, either way enjoy volume 38!

SRB2 News:
SRB2 2.1 has received multiple hot-fixes over the week, we are currently at 2.1.4
akb778 has released more 2.1 pony wads, expect a RainbowDash WAD in the future too!
Rainbow "Dashy" Dash has requested some help on SRB2: New Horizons, if you can, please PM him if you feel you can help.
R'D'D is working on a new level for the OLDC and as the Skybase's first Non-Ported 2.1 WAD!

Sonic News:
An interesting discussion came over the last day or so over a rumor of Columbia Pictures making a Sonic movie, and despite it being a hoax, it would be an interesting thing to see in my opinion.
Sonic Boom has some HUB World WIP footage (credit to Kods4 for the find)

General News:
A Charlie Brown movie is supposedly being produced for 2015. Many members are estatic about this news.

Member News:
The Active Members Poll for March is up, be sure to cast your vote ASAP
This Weeks Birthdays:
Stixter

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 19 "For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils"
BONUS EPISODE: Season 1 Episode 10 "Winter Wrap Up"
Video of the Week: Snowdrop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do6RDSwaWek)

*placeholder* - posted at 11:59 PM on March 22, 2014

MADE IT!!!

Colby
March 30th, 2014, 23:20
News Highlights week of 3/22 - 3/29

A fast week seemed to go by, so fast I forgot to put this up yesterday, sorry about that guys enjoy a late volume 39!

SRB2 News:
Sonic Robo Blast 2 2.1.6 is the current version out as of today.
Zuper Sonic has been ported from 2.0 to 2.1
There have been many submissions to the Skybase WAD submission section, and please now we are carefully going through each one to see what we can pass. If you are unsure if your WAD is ready for submissions, you may always try out the WAD WIP section of the forums.
A hangout/RP placeholder WAD called "PartyHouse" is in the WIP section, and will be worked on some more as time passes.
akb778 and myself are both working on different pony WAD's for SRB2 so that we may help each other and double productivity, please do not badger akb778 or myself about the speed of which the WAD's get done, it does not speed anything up.

Sonic News:
Some Zelda themes DLC was released this week for Sonic Lost World on Wii U for free, although it is short, I hear it is fun nontheless

General News:
A Wii U discussion was started a few days ago, and has proven itself an interesting conversation for many views.

Member News:
The Active Members Poll for March is almost over.
A Poll about the Skybase Chatroom was brought up, and overall, aside from a few well though comments against it, everyone seems to like the chat as it is.
This Weeks Birthdays:
Francsisco_itu
SonikkuAmerica
Hazard

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 20 "Leap of Faith"
Video of the Week: Rocks and Stuff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg7-HBLoOvg)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH *shot*

Colby
April 5th, 2014, 17:16
News Highlights week of 3/29 - 4/5

A fun week, many had a lot of fun with April Fools as well, anyway enjoy volume 40!

SRB2 News:
Sonic Robo Blast 2 2.1.6 is the current version out as of today.
Floral Road Zone 3- VS Devil Sonic was released last night by Rainbow"Dashy"Dash
Rex as started working on a Tony the Clock WAD for SRB2 2.1
Rex ported the Banana character WAD to 2.1
Labyrinth Sonic was made for SRB2 by VirtualSonic43
HMS123311 was ported to 2.1 (and made more OP) by Wolfy

Sonic News:
Here is an interesting article that you all can view, please note, this opinions do not reflect us here at Skybase, it's just something we saw newsworthy. LINK (http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/apr/04/sonic-the-hedgehog-how-fans-have-subverted-a-fallen-mascot)

General News:
April Fools day came upon us earlier this week, and many members had fun with the holiday.

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
KitsuneFreak
pie595

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 21 "Testing Testing 1, 2, 3"
Video of the Week: Want it, Need it (Dance with Me) [April Fools] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQHuLXUGpUY)

Rex The Kitsune : I am going to leave the site. For real this time.
Kods4 : He'll be back in a few days...
ShadowCM : See you in a few days Rex.
Sky The Destroyer : Two days? Two days.

Colby
April 12th, 2014, 18:16
News Highlights week of 4/5 - 4/12

A slow paced week for some, and a fast one for others, but I hope all of you had fun nonetheless, read up volume 41 guys!

SRB2 News:
A "Listmap for 2.1" script was made this week, for people having trouble getting used to the new lineup, credit to Sky.
Demnyx's Music Pack/BossMusic was updated this week

Sonic News:
Rumor has it, the same team that made Sonic Generations is working on a new game completly seperate from Sonic Boom.
There is also a rumor they plan to make more Nintendo themed DLC for Sonic Lost World.

General News:
A big update about SSB4 was released this week on Nintendo Direct.

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
ZRockyX

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 22 "Trade Ya"
Video of the Week: You get nothing, blame Congress.

http://swfcabin.com/open/1397206252 new flash, i call it, Tom's Wild Weed Adventure, ft. Cboyardee, DON'T NEED NO SLEEP

Colby
April 19th, 2014, 14:45
News Highlights week of 4/12 - 4/19

Hello one and all, I hope you are all ready for the amazement that is Skybase Weekly volume 42, your one and only place for the best news around the website and more!

SRB2 News:
SRB2 version 2.1.7 is now out and is the current version in use
Demnyx Onyxwing has released a Sonic Advance 2 Bosses level pack to go along with his music WAD
A Jazz Jackrabbit Music Pack was made by SomariTheAdventurer
A Slender Robo Blast 2 level pack is in progress by Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2
Sky The Destroyer updated his Listmap for 2.1
According to LJ Sonic his Block builder is currently broken until 2.1.8 is released, for now you must use 2.1.6 to use it.

Sonic News:
Looks like out blue blur went for a vacation for Easter weekend, we can't spot him anywhere.

General News:
This Sunday is Easter, get your bunny catching nets ready!

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
Iceman404
Super Mystic Sonic
TehRealSalt

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 22 "Trade Ya"
Video of the Week: Derp She is (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Mi21AGmok)
EXTRA: Legends of Equestria is having an open server weekend, and Tux3 (https://github.com/tux3/)says he might host a private server soon after.

furyhunter has kicked RexTheKitsune from #srb2fun (look, are you TRYING to start a fight?)

Colby
April 27th, 2014, 13:19
News Highlights week of 4/19 - 4/27

Prepare yourself one and all for Skybase Weekly, garenteed to bring you the latest updates on and off Skybase, featuring volume 43 this week!

SRB2 News:
SRB2 has released version 2.1.8
Xkower8181 has modded D00D64's Tophat mod and made other hat mods based off it.
Newly-made Greenflower Zone was released by XXGhostTheHedgehogXX
Blocks Builder by LJ Sonic is in working order again
Shardvex's SRB2 Tools were released this week by Shardvex
SRB - New Horizons Beta RELEASE! continues to be updated for the OLDC
Sky's Basic Lua Explanation Guide has been released, and will hopefully help many understand Lua coding a bit.
Circuit Returns! (r_21circuit-v2.wad) [v2.1] has been released by TehRealSalt, and is still being updated over time

Sonic News:
An article written about the newest issue of the ongoing Sonic Comic series points out that apparently Sonic heists a train for whatever reason, see the article here, LINK (http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/04/sonic-pulls-off-a-train-heist-in-this-exclusive-preview-of-sonic-the-hedgehog-259/)

General News:
That thing, at that place, in space, with a rock!

Member News:
Welcome to some our newest members Xkower8181, fevermario, TehRealSalt, and Shardvexz
Skybase Weekly is officially to be released on Sundays from this day forward until I choose to change the day again.
This Weeks Birthdays:
TysonTH

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 23 "Inspiration Manifestation"
Video of the Week: Pony High: Flip the Pool (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOZpzx0PQP8)

Mystic has kicked RexTheKitsune from #srb2fun (Too lazy to sort out what god-awful shit you did, but you clearly deserve this.)

I couldn't resist, I just couldn't.

Colby
May 4th, 2014, 16:11
News Highlights week of 4/27 - 5/4

Once again, here we are for volume 44 of Skybase weekly, we have some good news this week, read below for all of it.

SRB2 News:
The MB was down for a short time earlier this week.
DarkBones ported and released a Tikal/TikalX.wad for 2.1 this week.
LJSonic released a Random Rocks Fall Lua script this week.
SkyLua was released and updated this week
Rainbow"Dashy"Dash released a Stats buff gauge! Lua script this week.
A WIP WAD called ~New Level~ Abandoned Valley Zone is being worked on by XXGhostTheHedgehogXX

Sonic News:
A Sonic Boom updated stated that there are no current plans to put a chao garden into the game since they do not relate to the game at all, giving them a little chance to be a last minute feature for us.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is now free on iOS and Android
A new Global challenge us up for Sonic Dash, and with it you can unlock Cream if you collect the Eggs, it's from Easter, but still a new thing.

General News:
Steam is having sales left and right, also this is a funny little thing to look at. gaben.tv (http://gaben.tv/)

Member News:
The April active members poll is up, and will immediately be followed by the May one to make up for lost time.
Some minor updates to the website were made by Sky this week.
This Weeks Birthdays:
Zhire'El
kiairi the black mage

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 24 "Equestria Games"
Video of the Week: Everypony in the Club (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj32wCe--LA)

*giggles* ... tits

Meanwhile, at the infraction center

Colby
May 11th, 2014, 15:14
News Highlights week of 5/4 - 5/11

It's that time again everyone, time to sit down, and read up on Skybase Weekly volume 45!

SRB2 News:
Rex's Sonic BTS and ATS Music Wad! was updated
Sky updated SkyLua to version 3.1
Flames The Hedgehog started an interesting "Sonic Robo Blast 2 Fan Character Base!" thread for helping others make characters for SRB2
SRB - New Horizons Beta RELEASE! has received another update this week.
Some ideas are going about for "Xkower8181's Hats and Caps"
Xkower8181 released a port of Ring Meadow Zone to 2.1
TehRealSalt released Color + (Pal-ColorPlus.wad) this week

Sonic News:
According to Touch Arcade, you can use a new easter egg in Sonic 2 for mobile to access Hidden Palace mode in beta form. LINK (http://toucharcade.com/2014/05/06/sonic-2-hidden-palace-zone-playable-prototype/)

General News:
A small discussion involving the disease that has officially been confirmed in the US has been started by mazefire, it originated in the Middle East.
According to BBC news, Nintendo is under fire for their game "Tomodachi Life" about a lack of homosexual simulation in a game that is supposed to "replicate life"
Nintendo also has stated that they will be releasing their next console possibly sometime next year. LINK (http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27321200)

Member News:
Welcome back Rex The Kitsune
The Active Members poll for April will be up until this Friday, then the May one will go up in it's place.
This Weeks Birthdays:
Hinote

Episode of the Week: Season 4 Episode 25 "Twilight's Kingdom"
Video of the Week: MAS Short: Spike's Moment (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_d2DeL4J0w)

* Rex The Kitsune has been banned for the third time this year. Reason: you didnt eat any nanchos betch*

Colby
May 18th, 2014, 13:42
News Highlights week of 5/11 - 5/18

For many, this time of year is extremely buy, hopefully you can all aqueeze some time in for Skybase Weekly volume 46!

SRB2 News:
Demnyx Onyxwing released both Eggmanese and lua_SADXPack this week
Sky updated Sky_Lua to 4.0
VirtualSonic43 released a Goomba wad and a Taunts wad

Sonic News:
Aninteresting article about a sonic game (fan made) built to work with oculus rift was made and experimented with, LINK (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2615815/Stomach-churning-Sonic-Hedgehog-simulator-lets-world-eyes-video-game-star.html)
A Sonic Boom poster LINK (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bnm4TK8IAAADU2V.jpg:large) is being widely discussed lately for many points about it, the latest news being that the poster is in possesion of a young man named Jay Stroud LINK (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lDHkHFRzrE)
Along with Sonic Boom coming for the Wii U and 3DS, there is now a confirmed new mobile Sonic game, LINK (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijYOWNnhd5M)

General News:
Mazefire started a disussion about the popular movie Frozen

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
ZNemerald (20)
Fuzz The Saiyan (14)
Frost The Destroyer (14)
silverthehedgehogsrb2 (14)

Episode of the Week: Season 1 Episodes 1-2 "Friendship is Magic"
Video of the Week: How S4 really ended (Ear Rape Warning) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAwsxeqlXXY)

I still think that the virtual boy is "cool" :)

Colby
May 25th, 2014, 14:07
News Highlights week of 5/18 - 5/25

A slow, but productive week as we leak into the summer heat, in the meantime enjoy volume 47!

SRB2 News:
SADX Lua is awaiting a big HUD update expected to come out soon

Sonic News:
Sonic Boom 2014 will be taking place in New York this year, hopefully featuring a demo of the game. LINK (http://www.sonicretro.org/2014/05/sonic-boom-2014-in-new-york-city-summer-of-sonic-details-revealed/)

General News:
KitsuneFreak has started a thread about a reboot of an RPG game, currently by the name "Dungeon Fighter Online Alpha"
mazefire has started an interesting discussion about pets
Critical Dude found an article about Bronies this week in the UK about one of their Cons

Member News:
Rainbow"Dashy"Dash is now known as Lat'
This Weeks Birthdays:
Rex The Kitsune (13)
Inuyasha(24)
Jasper the Fox (??)

Episode of the Week: Season 1 Episodes 9 "Bridle Gossip"
Video of the Week: One Day with Derpy Hooves (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyB5r5dkz0Q)

Uh oh... I think I ran over an animal with my van. It was blue and rolling around at the speed of sound, I'll just speed off now!

Colby
June 1st, 2014, 15:44
News Highlights week of 5/25 - 6/1

As hurricane season officially begins, summer weather is coming right with it, be sure to cool down while you read volume 48!

SRB2 News:
Xkower8181 released a Fake Monitor WAD this week.

Sonic News:
Some news about Sonic BOOM has been released, especially about the newest character.
Sonic Boom Pre-orders are now available, and merchandise is scheduled to come out in August.

General News:
MK8 is out, and the fans are all over it, we already have a review thread that features gamer replays!

Member News:
The Active Members Poll for May is up until June 8th
This Weeks Birthdays:
Koyuki Kanahara
Dreazy M'lone

Episode of the Week: Season 3 Episode 7 "Wonderbolt Academy"
Video of the Week: One Day with Maud Pie (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Zn_vFUTdM)

Notice me Kagarashi!

Colby
June 8th, 2014, 17:19
News Highlights week of 6/1 - 6/8

Summer is fast approaching everyone just about now, be sure to read volume 49 before you change into your swimsuit!

SRB2 News:
Xkower8181 is currently looking for a couple of sprite artists to help him with his Caps and Hats WAD.
A new RP/Hangout WAD by Botton is currently in progress
Skycyan ported Espio to 2.1

Sonic News:
Sonic Boom has some E3 gameplay footage avalible to view now

General News:
Critical Dude found a couple of interesting articles involving a scam artist fooling people out of money with fake computer programs, not too uncommon, but it made the news.

Member News:
The Registration process for the Skybase is getting a revamp due to the excessive amount of bots getting by security lately.
Welcome to our newest member, Buust te wan
This Weeks Birthdays:
None

Episode of the Week: Season 3 Episode 8 "Apple Family Reunion"
Video of the Week: vroom vroom (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4SdJLL1-LA)

Bots ded...again.

Colby
June 15th, 2014, 16:24
News Highlights week of 6/8 - 6/15

Jump out of the water, and get that sand out of your ears, this week isn't just any old volume of Skybase Weekly, it is volume 50! So read up and read it well.

SRB2 News:
Super Sonic X is working on a Life Icons WAD for the main 3 characters in SRB2
Duon Adventurer showed off his server "Duon Adventures 2.1!" which seems very fun and friendly, as well as organized and timely.

Sonic News:
Sonic Boom has an E3 Trailer out for the TV show that is planned to show on Cartoon Network in the future.
According to a Mashable Article and many other sources, "'Sonic the Hedgehog' Movie Gets Rolling at Sony and Sega" LINK (http://mashable.com/2014/06/10/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-gets-rolling-at-sony-and-sega/)
SEGA Bits "Swingin' Report Show" did an E3 Special episode, discussing many of the new topics brought to us this week. LINK (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHie5xNB4Tk)
According to Sonic Retro, E3 2014 also showed off a bit of what SEGA plans to do for mobile devices, such as this article previewing Sonic Jump Fever LINK (http://www.sonicretro.org/2014/06/e3-2014-sonic-jump-fever-ios-android-preview/)

General News:
E3 was this week (from the 10th-12th) and there are plenty of new goodies to look forward to from SEGA, Nintendo, Sony, and more!
Bots have been giving it their all, but Sky and myself have them put back in their place!

Member News:
Welcome to our newest members this week, Super Sonic X, and Duon Adventurer.
This Weeks Birthdays:
Jill 'Cassandera' Prower

Episode of the Week: Season 1 Episode 25 "Party of One"
Video of the Week: A Case for the Bass (Rainbow Rocks preview) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvWZ25AEr58)

thanks bots

Colby
June 22nd, 2014, 15:52
News Highlights week of 6/15 - 6/22

A productive week to say the least, with WAD releases and WIP WADs from many, hope you find some time away from SRB2 to read volume 51!

SRB2 News:
Xkower8181 started a Mobius Adventure (WIP) WAD this week, with a full team to help him out!
The Rainbow Dash WAD was released yesterday after a long wait to get it finished.
Xkower8181 started an interesting poll about your favorite SRB2 Gametype.

Sonic News:
The Live Action Sonic Movie by Sony is officially confirmed, thanks to Z'hire for the heads up and article.
Some gameplay video for Sonic Boom has been released recently, and it seems the 3DS is more common since the system is more common, at least it seems that way for now.

General News:
Xkower8181 started a discussion this week about the now somewhat outdated game "Flappy Bird" and its clones.

Member News:
The Active Members Poll for June is up, and on time for once at that!
This Weeks Birthdays:
Sky The Destroyer
mazefire3609

Episode of the Week: Season 1 Episode 16 "Sonic Rainboom"
Video of the Week: It Ain't Easy Being Greedy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1siaDNFkFU)

And so I said to her, "Bitch, I have a dick!"

Colby
June 29th, 2014, 17:47
News Highlights week of 6/22 - 6/29

Once again, ladies and gentlemen, it is time for Skybase Weekly, please enjoy volume 52 to the fullest extent!

SRB2 News:
LJ Sonic released a Time Lua file that shows the time of day (as you set it) and changes the brightness to match the time of day.
Xkower8181 updated his Snailer and Hats and Caps WADs this week, as well as released a WAD replacing Metal Sonic (the boss) with Tails Doll.

Sonic News:
Sonic's 23rd birthday was this week, on June 23rd to be exact.
"Sonic 2 HD Returns From Its Grave" states the Sonic Retro article seen here (http://www.sonicretro.org/2014/06/sonic-2-hd-returns-from-its-grave/)

General News:
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is currently priced for pre-order at $40 at Gamestop.com and Amazon.com

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
Lat'

Episode of the Week: Season 2 Episode 13 "Baby Cakes"
Video of the Week: Pony High: Principle Celestia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f25wWbQtRSE)

I was playing MapleStory, and I came across someone with the name of "AnpanDesu"!

Colby
July 6th, 2014, 16:10
News Highlights week of 6/29 - 7/6

A slow week in some ways, and fast in others, summer sure can get crazy sometimes, just take your time to read volume 53 no matter what speed you are at. Also, we would like to point out that we have now been doing this News Post for 1 year now!

SRB2 News:
A Densetsu No Stafy/The Legendary Starfy Music WAD was released by Duon Adventurer this week.
choalover has made his own "Choalover's 1.09.4 Masterserver" for the public to use.

Sonic News:
An interesting SFM video was released on YouTube this week, and now I want to go play SA2 because of it. LINK (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU72XlMODgI)
A news article on Polygon writes about the now reborn Sonic 2 HD game LINK (http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/24/5837612/the-sonic-the-hedgehog-2-hd-fan-project-is-back-from-the-dead)

General News:
A discussion has been going on this week discussing what games everyone has been playing lately.

Member News:
Welcome to our newest Member Glaber
This Weeks Birthdays:
None

Episode of the Week: Season 1 Episode 14 "Suited For Success"
Video of the Week: Beat It PVM (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmJ2Bkx2C5A)

Anpan!

Colby
July 20th, 2014, 05:17
News Highlights week of 7/6 - 7/20

Okay, so volume 54 is a double feature, sue me if you you want it that bad every week (or you could just PM me to remind me and such, but whatever people have busy lives and can't always meet deadlines)

SRB2 News:
SRB New Horizons has finally had a new release from their thread, be sure to check it out!

Sonic News:
A Beta Windy Valley Restoration Mod for SADX has been created by CorvidDude, seen here: LINK (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAEgLe6PfaU)
Sonic Jump Fever has been released for Mobile Devices, and it is listed as Free
An interesting (possibly bias) article is written here about Sonic, and some in general junk, a good read if you are bored I suppose. LINK (http://fortune.com/2014/07/09/sonic-the-hedgehog-sega/)

General News:
Pony News is no longer apart of the Weekly News Update

Member News:
The Active Members Poll for July is up!
This Weeks Birthdays:
Steel Titanium
VirtualSonic43
Critical Dude
Phantom-Blade

I'm a really happy person right now~

Colby
July 27th, 2014, 18:04
News Highlights week of 7/20 - 7/27

High flying and on time, Skybase Weekly volume 55 is here, read up while it's fresh!

SRB2 News:
Hangout house by Botton has been updated this week.
The Toy Store! is a new WIP map by one of our newest members Mystical Fire Kraken, be sure to check it out.
A Level design contest idea was discussed this week, it could or could not become a real thing depending on the number of people willing to join in.

Sonic News:
Boxart for Sonic Boom has been released, one for each console version.

General News:
Just for people that seem to not know this yet for some reason, Source Filmmaker is a free program on steam, it doesn't cost money.
Freedom Planet has made it onto Steam, currently priced at $15 (Of course a steam sale will fix that right up soon)

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
None

Larztard wuz her

Colby
August 3rd, 2014, 16:02
News Highlights week of 7/27 - 8/3

Hope you all enjoy volume 56, and the rest of your summer, because the next few weeks will wind it down from here!

SRB2 News:
Cyanfox made an interesting SRB2 mod called "SRB2 Corrupted" taking everyone's favorite levels and "corrupting" them, making a new challange on any level.

Sonic News:
Sonic Adventure DX is soon to be updated on Steam, with problems like the resolution.

General News:
Azure (aka MetalFighter) has posted a thread about his new videos for YouTube featuring many of our alltime favorite Sonic games, as well as other games too, and even some SRB2 Tutorials to top it off.

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
ShadowCM

What have I done

Colby
August 8th, 2014, 16:34
News Highlights week of 8/3 - 8/10

Better hurry and read up volume 57, because before you know it summer vacation will be over and out!

SRB2 News:
SRB2 has been updated twice this week, and is now up to 2.1.10
The idea of the "Skybase Level Design Contest" is still open, but we need more participants before anything can be official.
sethseth6 brought up the old, but still ongoing topic of random players pretending to be others, we'd here at Skybase would like to remind you there is now a "Terminal" WAD which has a simple and easy solution for this, so if you frequent a server, or host it, be sure to reccomend, or check out, the SRB2 Terminal WAD.
Botton's Hangut House has been updated.

Sonic News:
Looks like our Blue Blur is outta sight this week, we can't dig up anything about him.

General News:
TehRealSalt started a topic about an interesting game called Gunscape, read more in the Netgaming section.

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
None

I swear to drunk, I am not God!

Colby
August 17th, 2014, 12:33
News Highlights week of 8/10 - 8/17

Ladies and Gentlemen alike, please enjoy this, Skybase Weekly volume 58, brought to you with no commercial interruptions!

SRB2 News:
Phantom-Blade and a friend have started a Sonic 1 mod for SRB2, it can be seen in the WIP section.
Ors has started doing DB tutorial videos.
Demnyx Onyxwing updated his Eggmanese WAD, featuring fixes for ERZ2 and more.
sethseth6 is working on his first map, "Hangout Springs" in the WIP section.

Sonic News:
Shadow and Metal Sonic are officially confirmed for Sonic BOOM!

General News:
Lat' posted some interesting screenshots in his "Messing around with Source Filmmaker!" thread

Member News:
The Active Members Poll for August is up and running, be sure to cast your vote asap.
This Weeks Birthdays:
None

Braebrae~♥

Colby
August 24th, 2014, 15:25
News Highlights week of 8/17 - 8/24

The day of reckoning has arrived, or is shortly arriving for most, that's right, read volume 59 before the school nabs you all up!

SRB2 News:
The New Horizons mod has showcased some new updates to come our way in the future.

Sonic News:
"The Sonic Center" speed-runners raised $20,622.10 for Child's Play charity towards the American Cancer Society.

General News:
'Lat put up some new interesting things in his SFM page this week.

Member News:
The Active Members Poll for August is still up.
This Weeks Birthdays:
Larztard

Demnyx Onyxwing: House is win
ShadowCM: House is Fwuff

Colby
September 1st, 2014, 21:07
News Highlights week of 8/24 - 9/1

The days get shorter and shorter as we all get so busy, read volume 60 before it's no use!

SRB2 News:
SRB2 is officially updated to version 2.1.11, almost enough ones to make someone go nuts.
Mystical Fire Kraken continues work on his his Toy Store Map, making good progress.
Xkower8181 has started working on a Luigi WAD for SRB2 Kart

Sonic News:
A new Sonic BOOM Shattered Crystal trailer is out, showcasing Shadow at the end of it.

General News:
Mario Kart 8 DLC is now out for purchase, and if you buy now you get a bonus of colored Yoshis and Shy Guys!
Skybase Weekly has shifted to Monday Mornings now!

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
Wind
NitroTH

How the hell does someone mistake the SD card slot for as a GBA port?

Colby
September 12th, 2014, 12:44
News Highlights week of 9/1 - 9/12

Did I say Monday's? I totally meant that volume 61 and above will be on Fridays!

SRB2 News:
A Sonic CD JP Music Pack was released by sethseth6
Botton updated his Hangout House to 2.1.11

Sonic News:
A man dressed as the blue blur himself has raced a train, running 2km along side it. LINK (http://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/fun-times/video-man-dressed-as-sonic-the-hedgehog-outruns-luas-train-in-dublin-285915.html)

General News:
That thing at the place happened, if ya know what I mean.

Member News:
Welcome to our newest member Renderer
This Weeks Birthdays:
Zuko

Hush... The baguette speaks to me...

Colby
September 19th, 2014, 13:01
News Highlights week of 9/12 - 9/19

On time once again, Skybase Weekly volume 62 is now avalible for you on this wonderful start for your weekend!

SRB2 News:
SkyLua was updated to 5.0 edition this week with MANY new features
A Sonic 3 & Sonic & Knuckles music pack was released by NeoSmash this week.

Sonic News:
Some 3DS game footage of Sonic Boom has been released, this specific footage is of a race between Sonic and Metal Sonic. LINK (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9uncVAKIyg)
A new (sort of) version 5.0 version of Sonic Megamix has been "leaked" a while back, though, the team doesn't reccomend it be played in this state. Mostly just proving the team is still alive if anything.

General News:
The Demo for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS has been released, and premium Club Nintendo Members get free demo codes that last for an infinate amount of uses, unlike the public demo.

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
SuperSonic

lolsmashdemo

Colby
September 27th, 2014, 23:42
News Highlights week of 9/19 - 9/26

Come one, come all to read Skybase Weekly volume 63! Provided to you exclusively here on this day, an extra 48 hour long Friday, TOTALLY not a Saturday!

SRB2 News:
A port of a Pokemon WAD was made this week by Lat'
SkyLua is now on version 5.1, the official thread has

details on the updates.

Sonic News:
An interesting game called Sanicball celebrated it's 1 year anniversary not too far back, and as such a Skybase thread for it was made.

General News:
The new iPhone 6 is as a matter of fact not all that the Hype claims it to be, between the thin aluminum bending the entire phone, to the newest iOS update bricking the new device, it is obvious a lot of work will have to be put in to fix all this.

Member News:
This Weeks Birthdays:
DoctorAdorkable
SpritCrusher
Flames The Hedgehog

[obligatory burp]

Colby
October 9th, 2014, 13:40
News Highlights week of 9/26 - 10/9

It's volume 64! Yes the 64th volume, *cough* cookies to the person who get's the refrence in the first sentance *cough* Enjoy! Also, yes another Double Feature volume, deal with it.

SRB2 News:
SkyLua is now up to v5.1.2 featuring a bugfix

Sonic News:
Sanicball is a fun game, even if it is considered incomplete, the multiplayer is fun as well

General News:
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS came out on the 3rd, and it is a very fun game indeed
A poll for your favorite SSB characters has been started.

Member News:
Copngratulations to our newest moderator, Demnyx Onyxwing
sethseth6 made an official introduction, so here is an official welcome!
Welcome back to RexTK, now known as TaskBarR
This Weeks Birthdays:
JacobTheFoxNg091 (17)

wind's homecooked granola bars with a side of bananas™

http://ponydom.org/images/smi/ppseesyou.pngFwuffy wuz here~

Colby
October 24th, 2014, 13:38
http://wantoncreation.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/the-end-3.jpg
See you at Skybase Monthly Volume 1!