PDA

View Full Version : Skybase Anime

TaskBarR
September 26th, 2013, 21:19
Here is an idea thread for a Skybase anime. It may never happen, but hey, we can dream right? Feel free to post episode ideas or just general stuff or opinions.
I actually came up with a pretty cool intro idea, it includes this song as the main theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAKatU1o0LE

The intro starts with a plane flying through the sky, with the camera following behind it, the camera zooms out a bit as clouds clear out, revealing a floating utopia, the Skybase. The plane shrinks in the distance and lands on the island.

At 0:17 in the song, the camera zooms in on the floating Skybase, showing ShadowCM and Sky The Destroyer looking over the entire island on tablets while having tea.

At 0:23 the camera pans around the city, showing various users in their everyday lives. Kods4 is making art in a studio with Vivid Sniper, STCPhoton is pulling pranks, TeamLava and his buddies are laughing and eating lunch, Rex is skateboarding, TTA (KitsuneFreak) is relaxing on top of a building, and Jasper is shown with several other members at a park.

At 0:52, robots (spambots) suddenly start falling from the sky. The members quickly run and start fighting them, each using their different skills, and Sky and ShadowCM are blowing them up with matching banhammers.

At 1:08 it shows various 'scenes' from the anime, like Rex freaking out, STC playing poker, ShadowCM doing a derpy dance, and other fun stuff.

Finally they all gather in the city and look up at the sky while the logo appears. 'The Skybase'

What d'ya think? Any other ideas?

Colby
September 27th, 2013, 01:17
I actually have been working on animating something similar to this, but I have been lacking in the "creativity of story" department. Once I get some more practice in Flash, I might just work on your idea Rex. I also highly encourage other ideas.

TaskBarR
September 27th, 2013, 02:25
Cool! I might actually start finding music and drawing some stuff for it.

Colby
September 27th, 2013, 02:25
Ironically I did have STC in mind for the main antagonist of Episode one at my time of planning as well. But if this project is to become reality, we need to work together.

I can be the main animator, along with any other artists who might want to toss in their share of the artwork in this.

Voice acting could be either ourselves, or we could have some rolls played by "stand in" voice actors, under the condition that they are willing to do it.

Since our characters are real people, we must have everyone agree on the story for the most part, especially on what the writer decides to make their character do in the story.

Writers can be basically everyone who is willing to contribute to this, whenever time is avalible.

P.S. As for a name I feel "Skybase Adventures" fits better than "The Skybase"

http://srb2skybase.org/mb/attachment.php?attachmentid=6040&d=1380244602

Zhire'El
September 27th, 2013, 04:11
I'd love to be an enemy.

mazefire3609
September 27th, 2013, 05:27
I really DID think of this before, but thinking about it now, I don't know if I'm ready for animating yet...

KitsuneFreak
September 27th, 2013, 11:20
Mercernary pls

Kods4
September 27th, 2013, 12:57
Seems like a very cool idea, would love to contribute on this!
Also, Skybase Adventures does look like a better name.

TaskBarR
September 27th, 2013, 13:03
Agreed. I drew up a lot of character sketches last night that I'll upload once I get back from school.
I just don't know how I'm gonna get TL on board, our agreement might not go that far.

Colby
September 27th, 2013, 17:18
If TL does not wish to be included then it is not a must, I have a good chunk of characters in mind myself of who can be involved in the series.

A first thought list of characters (from the top of my head)
Sky
ShadowCM
Wind
Kitsune Freak
STC
Rex
Kods
Maze
Demnyx
TSDude
Steel
Streakster
Tom & Mr. Black (two characters)

NOTE: this is just a list of people off the top of my head, it is no insult if I forgot to add your name for whatever reason. This is just more so that people that do not want to be in it can speak up before it becomes an issue. You are more than welcome to post in this thread if you want to be added or removed from my character list.

- - - - - - - - - -

P.S. once we get enough stuff put together a Group will be made then, for now this is still alpha planning.

- - - - - - - - - -

P.S.S Just listened to the song, and that intro scene sounds pretty kool to match it, aside from some minor tweaks here and there, along with having someone possibly shorten the song by about 30 seconds at the end too, this could work great as an intro scene (I just don't want the intro to take too long)

Phantom-Blade
September 27th, 2013, 20:14
I actually like the idea, You practically forgot about me, the idea is actually awesome, nice idea Rex.

Steel Titanium
September 27th, 2013, 20:28
I'm not good when it comes to drawing. So I guess I can try out voice acting.

TaskBarR
September 27th, 2013, 21:28
I agree about the intro being too long, I actually had the idea to make it shorter by 30 seconds, but I forgot to add it to the post.
Sketches:

6042 This is Rex for the first sketch. I drew him a bit younger looking than I normally do to accommodate my voice.
6043 ShadowCM. This one looks okay, but it's in no way final.
6044Sky. This one looks odd but I just went with it. I went for suits on ShadowCM and Sky. EPIC SKY TIE SPhplsA:dfiuF
6045Basic Spambot design, still working on it.
6046Doctor Zoltan. This guy is the main villain who wants to take over the Skybase and use it for advertising purposes and gain a fortune. He inventted the SpamBots.

Zhire'El
September 27th, 2013, 21:51
If you need drawings, you know where I am.

TaskBarR
September 28th, 2013, 02:54
I've got the first few episodes down.

S1 E01 - Welcome To The Skybase! Part 1
The first episode introduces all of the characters and locations, but they notice the island is slowly falling.
Basically, at the end, a hooded figure hands over a bag to a mysterious person.

S1 E02 - Welcome To The Skybase! Part 2
The entire city is trying to figure out the cause of the Skybase's descent. It is revealed that the core of the island, which is a small crystal orb, is now in the possesion of Doctor Zoltan. The members track him down and a big fight ensues.

S1 E03 - WHODUNIT?
Sky and ShadowCM are troubled by the previous situation. Somebody inside the city had to have stolen the core, meaning a traitor could be among them...

S1 E04 - Eye Of The Storm
An ominous storm cloud shrouds the entire city. The admins dismiss it as a normal storm, but Rex has other suspicions. The storm is getting more and more dangerous by the passing hours...

S1 E05 - Zoltan's Revenge?
STC escapes from prison, but is quickly defeated by the other members. However, the STC fake is actually a spambot in disguise. Where is the real STC? Zoltan prepares to strike using his newest weapon...

S1 E06 - Spencer, A Weapon Of Death!?
The Skybase is in peace for a short time before a huge lightning bolt crashes into town square. The members go to investigate, but get something a little different from what they expected.

Kods4
September 28th, 2013, 03:05
The character designs and episode ideas look really cool, Rex.
Also, if we are actually animating something like this, shouldn't we try out making a pilot before we head over to the episodes themselves? Because doing 5 - 10 minutes of fluid animation can take 2-3 months to make, and I say this from personal experience.

dage4 EX
September 28th, 2013, 05:00
Because all the cool kids are doing it, I might as well put something out there.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2i956gx.jpg

Might be an idea used already, but hey at least it isnt sonic with purple hair and a overpowered ability called supercalifragoulicstic yeah thats awesome

Please ignore the bad drawing please

Colby
September 28th, 2013, 13:14
Perfect. I love how this is going. Having the basic plot down is perfect. Now if possible I'd like a copy of an exact word by work script (which would be best imo if more than 1 person works on it together [aka constant contact between them like skype or some form of IM chat, even a private Skybase chat could work])

I as well am working on rough sketches in flash at the moment; although I would simply love if STC and Kods would work on some art as well, (possibly even Vivid if he chooses to join as well later), maybe you two can remake some of our sketches if you want for now, and you are both more than welcome to toss your own ideas out there (we also welcome other artists who would like to help out), and feel free to split the work amongst yourselves, I'm not going to limit anyone on what they want to do.

As for writing, so far Rex is doing great, and as I said before I'd love it if someone would be willing to back him up on it, especially if Rex chooses to take on Scripts as well, since they will need to be proofread, and revised before a beta copy can be sent to the public.

Voice acting is important as well, and I find it awesome how Steel is getting a jump on that. If you would like to voice act, please speak up, and if you do not, say something as well that way we can try to find a way to get you a "stand in" voice actor asap.

Considering you both posted here (dage and Ghost) I'm adding you to my characters list as of right now.

This progress is great, in fact, I have made the group now, as well as a few topics to keep us organized, be sure to check it out!

TaskBarR
September 28th, 2013, 14:21
I'll take on scripts. I did plenty of...*COUGH COUGH* FANFICTION before I joined here, so I think I've got the ropes.
I of course, will be myself. It would be weird for a thirteen year old not to voice a thirteen year old.

Phantom-Blade
September 28th, 2013, 15:17
This is actually an nice and interesting idea Rex, This is just a VERY good idea. :)

dage4 EX
September 28th, 2013, 18:15
By the way, if you are wondering what the heck that is, I'll tell you right now.

The hat is like Kirby when he gets the SWORD ability.
The color of the robot is brown.
The thing at the bottom is actually a spring so that he can jump to high areas.
NO SUPER FORM
A voice that sounds like a normal human
The gun is like the gun from MegaMan. There are many different kinds of choices, but all the weapons have ammo. He either needs to find power pellets or grab one out of his pocket. He doesn't have a whole lot of power pellets, though.
Isn't a sonic fan character.

Just wanted to type that down.

mazefire3609
September 28th, 2013, 19:12
Hey, this is actually interesting. I feel more interested to be in it. I'll upload my character drawings and sketches later. I wonder if it's okay to post more than one character than Mazefire? Plus also, what're we gonna make a plot about? Can I suggest better intro music themes for this Skybase Adventures too?

Zhire'El
September 28th, 2013, 19:38
Ok, I'll draw some stuff then.

TaskBarR
September 28th, 2013, 21:08
Mazefire, this isn't an RP. This is a full fledged anime of the Skybase, so that means you need to have actual existing people as characters.
I think the intro song we have is just fine, and any other song would just break my intro idea completely.
And also, you should visit the group for the episode ideas I have so far.

mazefire3609
September 28th, 2013, 22:24
Mazefire, this isn't an RP. This is a full fledged anime of the Skybase, so that means you need to have actual existing people as characters.
I think the intro song we have is just fine, and any other song would just break my intro idea completely.
And also, you should visit the group for the episode ideas I have so far. I never said this is an RP. If you mean by actual existing people as in REAL life human people like we are, I can't draw a human THAT good yet. Also I was only suggesting the other intro idea to see which ones are better, not to replace yours. We can probably use other intro songs for other different seasons of the Skybase anime.

Zhire'El
September 28th, 2013, 22:25
I never said this is an RP. If you mean by actual existing people as in REAL life human people like we are, I can't draw a human THAT good yet. Also I was only suggesting the other intro idea to see which ones are better, not to replace yours. We can probably use other intro songs for other different seasons of the Skybase anime.

He is talking about just plain old FCs, you can't have more than one is what he is trying to explain here.

mazefire3609
September 28th, 2013, 22:44
Oh. Okay. I'll have only Mazefire involved then.

TaskBarR
September 28th, 2013, 23:46
That sounds good. But I don't think we should be looking for new intros when we haven't even started the show yet.

Colby
September 29th, 2013, 00:10
The season 1 intro will officially be the initial song idea. Other songs and intro's can be discussed after season 1 ends (which will be 10 episode max per season imo)

KitsuneFreak
September 30th, 2013, 03:06
...Don't. overplan ahead until you get it moving. it will only lead to dissapointment with the final product. trust me. I know.

mazefire3609
September 30th, 2013, 06:54
Hey, just a heads up guys...I'm gonna make a HUGE major update on Mazefire this time. I don't like the Hedgehog Maze the way he is anymore.

Colby
September 30th, 2013, 13:05
Make sure to add the updates to the Staff album too please Maze.

mazefire3609
September 30th, 2013, 20:32
Actually, I'm gonna think of my decision carefully first before I decide.

Colby
October 1st, 2013, 02:47
Feel free to take your time, until the writers come back with a beta script for the pilot, we will be able to change the characters heavily, since I won't be able to start the main animations until then.

Gen
October 2nd, 2013, 11:10
Can you make me an antagonist? I'm still sketching up the character.

Colby
October 2nd, 2013, 18:49
I can make an antagonist, but being the main antagonist is a group call.

Potatosack
October 8th, 2013, 01:34
Ha. making an anime isn't as simple as, oh ,
I feel like making a TV show.
Oh, lets do it.
that's wrong.
to do that, you need at least 20 frames that look almost exactly the same per second, and if every single
frame isn't precise it just doesn't look right.
with your... well, even MY drawing skills you could never make one.
and ive gotten MUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH better since 1 year ago, too.
besides, youd never be able to manage dealing with school and stuff.
if you do decide to do that, wait till summer.

- - - - - - - - - -

on that subject, ill sketch some characters if you want

TaskBarR
October 8th, 2013, 01:35
Ha. making an anime isn't as simple as, oh ,
I feel like making a TV show.
Oh, lets do it.
that's wrong.
to do that, you need at least 20 frames that look almost exactly the same per second, and if every single
frame isn't precise it just doesn't look right.
with your... well, even MY drawing skills you could never make one.
and ive gotten MUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH better since 1 year ago, too.
besides, youd never be able to manage dealing with school and stuff.
if you do decide to do that, wait till summer.

Way to be a buzzkill, Phil, we know all this. We aren't making a full fledged anime. Seriously, could you stop being a downer?

Gen
October 8th, 2013, 11:14
A sprite show could work better, But whatever floats your boat.

KitsuneFreak
October 8th, 2013, 20:44
Way to be a buzzkill, Phil, we know all this. We aren't making a full fledged anime. Seriously, could you stop being a downer?
Phil does have a point. it would be nice to see the artwork style of how it wll be..

A sprite show could work better, But whatever floats your boat.

Sprite show would be impossible unless recolors which nobody wants.

Colby
October 8th, 2013, 20:46
If someone can give me a script, I can animate a short scene so everyone can give me (and the rest of the team) feedback.

KitsuneFreak
October 8th, 2013, 20:54
If someone can give me a script, I can animate a short scene so everyone can give me (and the rest of the team) feedback.

Isn't that Rex's job?

TaskBarR
October 8th, 2013, 21:02
I will write a short scene for you, Shadzy.
Just be patient. :P

Colby
October 9th, 2013, 00:31
Also note: If you want a qulaity scene I will take maybe up to a week on this short (depending on school work)

Steel Titanium
October 9th, 2013, 00:39
Qulaity? Don't you mean Quality.

Colby
October 9th, 2013, 02:23
I was on my Tablet, sorry.And btw I'm also gonna be making Flash Puppets for all of these to make everything easier, and better asthetically.

TaskBarR
October 9th, 2013, 13:04
I will start working on the pilot script today. I'll send you a little scene if I can.