PDA

View Full Version : Oh Crap Moments

TaskBarR
December 20th, 2013, 22:20
Have you ever had an 'oh crap' moment that left you feeling angry, stupid, or just plain freaked out? Share it here!
I'll go first:

Today is our last day in school this semester, so our teacher let us use the class laptops to do whatever we want for an hour.
So, I got the bright idea to play Cave Story, because dangit, I love Cave Story!
However when I went to my site to play it (I have it embedded there) it was blocked.
So, I was going full psycho agency FBI dude, and I was trying to bypass the school filter. I was trying command prompt, proxies, you name it.
After about 15 tries, I gave up and went to Google to browse instead.

'Internet Access Blocked - Browsing history will be reviewed'

I almost yelled out "OH CRAP." But instead I casually just turned off the laptop and put it back on the cart.
If I come back in January and get in trouble, I blame Cave Story.

Lat'
December 20th, 2013, 22:55
School's internet doesn't allow you, at all to play games on the net X)
Actually, the classroms computer are just the kind of computer than can't go on facebook, but I have anyways founded a way to bypass any protection, without do unreadable codes. If you need to be logged on the computer, just type administrator as user name, and no password, then, desactive the anti virus, and do wathever you want ^^

My oh crap moment was actually the day when my will falls from the table (for the 3rd time in the week, of course).
The Wii was just a bit broken, but with my skills, I just put anything, anywhere, and it (doesn't) rework. Nah what did you think, I just punched the Wii to try to boot it up, and it worked X)

Ors
December 21st, 2013, 21:03
I had completed every single song on expert in Guitar Hero Metallica, except War Ensemble! Then my PS2 suddenly shut down when it was saving and all my saves were corrupted. I WAS REALLY ANGRY

3 days ago I tried that song again and completed that on second attempt.

My oh crap moment was actually the day when my will falls from the table (for the 3rd time in the week, of course).
The Wii was just a bit broken, but with my skills, I just put anything, anywhere, and it (doesn't) rework. Nah what did you think, I just punched the Wii to try to boot it up, and it worked X)
That same worked to my PS2 too. It just still sometimes shuts down very surprisingly.

Lat'
December 21st, 2013, 21:13
Offtopic: What a beautiful nickame that you given me :rolleyes: X)
Sadly for me, a 3 letters name is way too short for a nickname, unless if I add a u after the o, it will done Ours, which means Bear in French X)
EDIT: But this isn't the kind of nickname that I will actually give to a firend.

Ors
December 21st, 2013, 22:41
Lol! You're the first guy who has noticed that on any forums.

Lat'
December 21st, 2013, 22:56
You know Ors, I am the kind of guy who looks everywhere ^^'

BTW, let's get back on the main topic:

Again one of my holy crap moments that I have forgotten to tell...
When my sister brokes my two Sonic The Hedgehog figures ;_;
I was so angry... And they were very expansive, almost 30euros for one figure...

TaskBarR
December 21st, 2013, 23:13
I just had an oh crap moment: Today we're having a pretty bad ice storm, and I was sitting near the wall which was closest to the backyard. All of the sudden I hear this HUGE CRASHING NOISE and a giant scratching behind me. It turns out a limb had fallen off of the tree and hit the roof. Oh joy.

Ors
December 21st, 2013, 23:19
Wow! Sounds scarry! Here is ice too but nothing have happened (yet)

Lat'
December 21st, 2013, 23:42
Wasn't this the fear of your life?

Critical Dude
December 21st, 2013, 23:48
You know Ors, I am the kind of guy who looks everywhere ^^'
That sounds scary if you have my type of interpretation.

It turns out a limb had fallen off of the tree and hit the roof. Oh joy.
Well at least no one is hurt.

Wow! Sounds scarry! Here is ice too but nothing have happened (yet)
"Scarry", "ice"...
Must resist the urge to correct him... guh-GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My "Oh Crap Moment", number one:
During my final year at secondary school (or highschool as you guys called), there was a time in registration where my friends and I were saying immature and pervy stuff (Not that we always do... Don't judge me with that look). My form teacher caught me talking in when he was doing the register. He called out my name and asked "What are you talking about *******?" (Like hell I'm telling the members on this forum my name!)
He then asked "Would you like to share it with the class?" (I hate when teachers do that... ._.)
Then I came up with a lie saying how I was talking about what I did over the weekend.
Then he became so freaking inquisitive, so I had to come with a 'big-ass-lie' about how "I tried to use my ironing board to surf down the stairs, just like Mr.Bean" (Mr.Bean is a comical person, look his name up on Google or something), he pretended to believe me but I found out that even though I didn't fool him... I actually fooled all of my classmates (excluding the people who I told the 'stuff' to). It was such a unbelievable story, yet... WTF!

This turned from a "Oh Crap moment" to a "WTF?! moment".

Kods4
December 22nd, 2013, 00:11
That moment when I hit the last note of City Escape Classic at the wrong time on osu! and didn't get the SS rank... Ah sh*!

Lat'
December 22nd, 2013, 07:34
Don't except this kind of thing, Dude. Your interpretation is scary too

Critical Dude
December 22nd, 2013, 12:48
That moment when I hit the last note of City Escape Classic at the wrong time on osu! and didn't get the SS rank... Ah sh*!
How unlucky (I shouldn't laugh, pfff....) I perfectly under-pfffft! Sorry I perfectly understand!

Don't except this kind of thing, Dude. Your interpretation is scary too
So true.

CyanakiBlizkana
December 24th, 2013, 20:55
That moment when you realize you just spilled the beans... "OH! Crap..."

Colby
December 25th, 2013, 05:35
That moment in a zombie game when you have to reload and a zombie is inches from your face.

Critical Dude
December 26th, 2013, 21:06
That moment in a zombie game when you have to reload and a zombie is inches from your face.
Haha! In what game did that happen in.

Colby
December 29th, 2013, 01:38
Killing Floor, and L4D2.

Ors
December 29th, 2013, 08:30
I was making a SOC, but then XWE told that the file is corrupted. Not the first time I have to make 15-200 min work again.

Critical Dude
December 29th, 2013, 13:03
I was making a SOC, but then XWE told that the file is corrupted. Not the first time I have to make 15-200 min work again.
XWE always does that, it even corrupts image files or music files sometimes. That's why you should do one the following actions:
- Make a copy of the soc or lump file before importing it into XWE.
-Use Slumped or Slade3 (wad editors) to edit or import socs and lumps.
-Make a copy of the wadfile the you're importing things into (this was a thing I would always do when working with srb2db or XWE as there would always be some form of corruption).

Mr.Black
December 29th, 2013, 13:22
Oh crap moments?

Well, uh... This http://boards.4chan.org/sci/res/6252154#p6254914

TaskBarR
December 29th, 2013, 20:52
oh crap moments?

Well, uh... This http://boards.4chan.org/sci/res/6252154#p6254914

oh crap! A 404!
That is a good example!

Lat'
December 31st, 2013, 12:35
When I finally finished my SOC and when XWE said:

Cannot save file.

I was raging because I spented 1 hour of my life to do something that was not saved...

Ors
December 31st, 2013, 13:16
When I finally finished my SOC and when XWE said:

Cannot save file.

I was raging because I spented 1 hour of my life to do something that was not saved...
I know that error... That's why I always select all and press control + C if XWE lags before saving soc. That same has happened to me too.

DoctorAdorkable
January 1st, 2014, 17:00
An "Oh Crap" moment? Hah, oh if I had a dollar for every one of those. Well, since programs are being spoken of here, it jogged my memory of all the times I tried making an SRB2 map on the not-so-good ol' Doom Builder. I can't count the times or the amount of frustration I've gained when I was working on something worth while, only to have it crash and save nothing. I particularly remember creating a very cool arena-esque map that I spent a good two or three hours on, only to add one more line segment before DB gave me a heart warming pop-up and shut down without saving a bit of it. Last time I ever used it to make anything. Thankfully, I found the life saving goddess that was the SRB2 Doom Builder 2.0 (Community Build).

Critical Dude
January 1st, 2014, 19:15
Oh Crap Moments:

1) The moment when you fart in an indoor assembly and everyone knows that it's you...
Yeah, that happened once and my friends would never stop taking the mick. Even though they've done it themselves tons of times.

2) The moment that you think you've won a 'CTF' match in a "vehicle shooting game" (Fired Up - PSP multiplayer game, the multiplayer is extremely addictive whereas the single player is the opposite) only to be blown up by a hidden opponent with a railgun or a "super-overpowered-supersaiyan-godmod-instantkill-LASER" in your base.

Ors
January 1st, 2014, 19:18
Oh Crap Moments:

1) The moment when you fart in an indoor assembly and everyone knows that it's you...
Yeah, that happened once and my friends would never stop taking the mick. Even though they've done it themselves tons of times.

2) The moment that you think you've won a 'CTF' match in a "vehicle shooting game" (Fired Up - PSP multiplayer game, the multiplayer is extremely addictive whereas the single player is the opposite) only to be blown up by a hidden opponent with a railgun or a "super-overpowered-supersaiyan-godmod-instantkill-LASER" in your base.

Did they both happen on the new year? You thought it was crappy. =)

Critical Dude
January 1st, 2014, 19:49
Did they both happen on the new year? You thought it was crappy. =)
Nope they happened during my time in secondary school.
(Note: I say "Crappy New Year" because the year may, may not or mayornot give me some crap with style.)

Demnyx Onyxfur
January 12th, 2014, 23:55
When you overshoot or undershoot jumps in Mario 64, and when certain things don't want to work (Backwards long jump, etc.)

Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2
February 15th, 2014, 19:59
My "Oh crap" moment was when I was in a middle of a game of Capture The Flag in Team Fortress 2 [I had to use a public library computer because I don't have one of my own. I'm currently using one.], and this game was over 40 minutes long. I had like over 120 points at the time, and the game was about to go into Stalement about 30 seconds in. Someone asked me to trade my Strange Force-A-Nature for some Strange Hat [I forgot what the hat was called.], By the time we were about to accept the trade, my computer crashes and The Blue Screen of Death shows up. I was so mad at that time, because all of my progress and my killing streak on that game all disappeared. Not only that, but I had to reinstall the game, and Steam again! I was like "Oh, Purrfect. Just Purrfect!"

TaskBarR
February 15th, 2014, 20:14
My "Oh crap" moment was when I was in a middle of a game of Capture The Flag in Team Fortress 2 [I had to use a public library computer because I don't have one of my own. I'm currently using one.], and this game was over 40 minutes long. I had like over 120 points at the time, and the game was about to go into Stalement about 30 seconds in. Someone asked me to trade my Strange Force-A-Nature for some Strange Hat [I forgot what the hat was called.], By the time we were about to accept the trade, my computer crashes and The Blue Screen of Death shows up. I was so mad at that time, because all of my progress and my killing streak on that game all disappeared. Not only that, but I had to reinstall the game, and Steam again! I was like "Oh, Purrfect. Just Purrfect!"

Oh that sucks! I remember once I found a cave system in Minecraft, and there was a dungeon full of loot, but then a spider got me from behind! :<

Drflash55
April 22nd, 2014, 02:26
One moment I had, was that I had my 3DS Stylus with me, and as I was going back to my room I had dropped it. I tried looking for it, but I couldn't find it what so ever.

I moved to a new home, so the Stylus I lost, is lost forever...

#Don'tWannaThinkAboutIt

Slade
August 10th, 2015, 02:55
Computer: Internet is working Dr. Eggman.
Dr. Eggman: Install the Eggland rom for my Sega emulator!
Computer: Internet is now not working.
Dr. Eggman: CURSE YOU COMPUTER!

IcefoxFaierhog
August 11th, 2015, 21:20
Bump.

I got over 100 requests from my GFX clients. I was like...
HASTA LA WINDOWS VISTA!

Lat'
August 13th, 2015, 13:22
HASTA LA WINDOWS VISTA!

(I'm dying)
And then you blue screened before being able to press your gun's trigger. The end.

NeoSmash
August 13th, 2015, 16:16
(How look im posting, riveting)

And now to my oh crap moment, I was playing L4D2 with a friend, we where talking trough skype and all, the campaign was dead center and we where at the finale, we where throwing the gas cans close to the race car so we could fill it up quickly, we only had to throw like 3 more gas cans there and then... a tank appeared and we started shooting at it, then one of us accidentally shot a gas can and it started burning, then the other ones ignited and then we had to start the whole thing again but the tank knocked down (You know, when your character says "Im down!" and someone has to take him up again) the 2 bots and we couldnt save them, a smoker grabbed me and then my friend was knocked down by a rock the tank throwed, after restarting again, we had left like, 3 to 5 gas cans to throw to the car to fill it up later and then, probably a spitter launched its acid (Altough we might have shoot the gas cans while trying to hit the spitter) to us and it hit the gas can ignited and the others one burned down.

Then we changed campaign because we where there for like, 1 hour of desperation and rage :P