PDA

View Full Version : Osu!

Colby
January 17th, 2014, 01:02
The ever popular game, for anime and music lovers alike! Here you can post your username for friends, as well as screenshots, videos, and saved replays of your favorites songs, as well as show off some of your songs, and some of your all time favorites. Have fun!

My Username: "ShadowCM"

TaskBarR
January 17th, 2014, 01:44
My Username: Rex The Kitsune

Here's a beatmap I made, it's unfinished but you're welcome to try it! http://osu.ppy.sh/s/142586

Kods4
January 17th, 2014, 11:30
Don't really have much, to say so...

Here's my username: Kods

Critical Dude
January 17th, 2014, 14:52
---Rhythm Rookie---

Username: Critical Dude
Started playing: 4 weeks ago or more
Catch the beat UK ranking: #204 (I'm going down because I've not been playing a lot recently)
Infringements: 1 - Was silenced for "Nonsense in the lobby"
Ranks: SS = 17, S = 33, A = 21 (Note: The SS and S ranks count for both silver and normal.)
Accuracy: 98.5%
Level: 33
-------------------------------------------------
You now what, just check my page (http://osu.ppy.sh/u/Critical%20Dude).

Demnyx Onyxfur
January 18th, 2014, 17:31
I would play this more, but the only mode I can play is Taiko because I REALLY need a touch screen for the main gamemode.

Critical Dude
January 18th, 2014, 20:47
If you play "taco" mode, then you must also like osu!mania.

TaskBarR
January 18th, 2014, 21:31
I would play this more, but the only mode I can play is Taiko because I REALLY need a touch screen for the main gamemode.

Tablet = No skill.
Use da mouse.

Kods4
January 18th, 2014, 22:39
Tablet = No skill.
Use da mouse.

I use a offendend and I am PC Tablet.

Critical Dude
January 18th, 2014, 23:24
Tablet = No skill.
Use da mouse.
~Woah! Steady on badass!~
XD
You've only just started playing "osu!" and you're talking as if you're experienced! You can play anyway you want to Demnyx Onyxwing (when I say your name aloud it sounds like "Damn-it's-on-its-wing").
Using a tablet is considered "unexperienced" by some osu! members/players. But most people who say that are just bias.

TaskBarR
January 18th, 2014, 23:31
~Woah! Steady on badass!~
XD
You've only just started playing "osu!" and you're talking as if you're experienced! You can play anyway you want to Demnyx Onyxwing (when I say your name aloud it sounds like "Damn-it's-on-its-wing").
Using a tablet is considered "unexperienced" by some osu! members/players. But most people who say that are just bias.

Because it takes SO much skill to touch the notes with a stylus/finger.

Critical Dude
January 19th, 2014, 00:16
Also the reason for having different difficulties, mods and music speed. ~C'mon dude... everyone knows that.~

Kods4
January 19th, 2014, 00:16

Rex, I was talking about this:

Not this:

There's a difference.

Colby
January 19th, 2014, 01:10
I hate that bamboo tab so much. Also, get this conversation less on how you play the game, and more about maps, usernames, and your favorites, I do not want more conversation about this particular argument please.

KitsuneFreak
January 19th, 2014, 04:06
Well uh. I don't feel like saying much but.

Username is KitsuneFreak.

TaskBarR
February 2nd, 2014, 19:26
Sorry about earlier, I was just mad. I just think Osu! is better played with a mouse than a tablet, and I am 'one of those' players who frowns upon tablets.

KitsuneFreak
February 2nd, 2014, 19:40
Sorry about earlier, I was just mad. I just think Osu! is better played with a mouse than a tablet, and I am 'one of those' players who frowns upon tablets.

You are too new to Osu! to understand why tablets are needed, Literally some maps will like force you to use a tablet to play it since they are insanely fast, In General using a mouse is fine but certain ones just are not possible with a mouse alone.

TaskBarR
February 2nd, 2014, 19:43
You are too new to Osu! to understand why tablets are needed, Literally some maps will like force you to use a tablet to play it since they are insanely fast, In General using a mouse is fine but certain ones just are not possible with a mouse alone.

Really? Hm. I'm good at playing with a mouse. Usually I play the Easy difficulty first if it's a new song, then I move on to Normal and Hard.
Insane is just too darn frustrating, maybe I do need to invest in a bamboo tablet.

KitsuneFreak
February 2nd, 2014, 19:45
Really? Hm. I'm good at playing with a mouse. Usually I play the Easy difficulty first if it's a new song, then I move on to Normal and Hard.
Insane is just too darn frustrating, maybe I do need to invest in a bamboo tablet.

Difficulty wave is different for every song. What may be seen as hard difficulty may be considered normal to some extent.

Kods4
February 2nd, 2014, 20:13
Literally some maps will like force you to use a tablet to play it since they are insanely fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58bN__tCvpQ

This guy disagrees.
Although playing with a tablet IS easier in some cases, playing with a mouse is still possible.

I mean, seriously, look at this guy he's not even using the ZX keys!

Critical Dude
February 2nd, 2014, 20:23
maybe I do need to invest in a bamboo tablet.
Wacom tablet... :]

KitsuneFreak
February 4th, 2014, 02:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58bN__tCvpQ

This guy disagrees.
Although playing with a tablet IS easier in some cases, playing with a mouse is still possible.

I mean, seriously, look at this guy he's not even using the ZX keys!

It's rather obvious that the guy doing it is well experienced to be able to complete that song..I've seen good players who can't clear the entire song.

TaskBarR
February 4th, 2014, 05:20
For some reason I can't play Osu! now.
I can't really explain it, but when I try to play, my mouse is kind of slow, even when I'm moving it fast enough, it will sometimes lag.
I tried playing with the sensitivity settings, but it just won't work.
Maybe it needs new batteries or something? I don't know.

Gen
February 4th, 2014, 12:53
I can't really explain it, but when I try to play, my mouse is kind of slow, even when I'm moving it fast enough, it will sometimes lag.
Maybe it needs new batteries or something? I don't know. Wireless mice tend to be laggy, try using a wired mouse.

Anyway, Username: Gen655
Current status: I don't even know how to pronounce the game's name.

Colby
February 4th, 2014, 13:51
Maybe it needs new batteries or something? I don't know.

May want to turn down the graphics in game a little bit to see if it fixes anything.

TaskBarR
February 4th, 2014, 22:33
May want to turn down the graphics in game a little bit to see if it fixes anything.

I don't know if the graphics are the problem. I got a new laptop for christmas, and it's got some crazy specs. :/

Critical Dude
February 4th, 2014, 23:14
I should note that Windows 8.1 may cause problems when using a mouse in "osu!". Especially when you toggle with the mouse sensitivity on "osu!".

ラビリス
February 5th, 2014, 20:52
Halozy's Dut Usagi Tobi Suteppu on lunatic is a fun map to play on.
Gotta love Touhou Osu! Maps.

KitsuneFreak
February 5th, 2014, 21:27
Halozy's Dut Usagi Tobi Suteppu on lunatic is a fun map to play on.
Gotta love Touhou Osu! Maps.

That one on lunatic is so painful.

Critical Dude
February 5th, 2014, 22:34
That one on lunatic is so painful.
Ohohoho!
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

TaskBarR
February 6th, 2014, 01:22
Ohohoho!
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

He's going to play it on catch the beat, isn't he? -_-
CD you are like the british god of catch the beat.

Critical Dude
February 6th, 2014, 01:40
He's going to play it on catch the beat, isn't he? -_-
CD you are like the british god of catch the beat.
Nope a guy named "Yoshi_something" is a freaking god.
I'll play it in any mode!