PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Mega Collection

TaskBarR
February 14th, 2014, 23:42
I remember this game from so long ago.
When I got my gamecube when I was five, this was the first game I ever played on it.
I would spend countless hours playing the classic Sonic games. That's not even mentioning the time I spent reading the comics in the 'extras' menu.
But now it's all gone.
My gamecube and this disc have been lost.
So I went and listened to the OST on youtube and it brought me back. I was so happy and sad at the same time.
It makes me happy to hear the music from this game
but sad to realize I've grown up, and I'm not just a little kid reading comics and playing games anymore.
Have any of you played this game?

Naota The Hedgehog
February 15th, 2014, 01:14
I've played this game and I still have it along with my platinum GameCube it was the 3rd game I had gotten for my gamecube (1st being SA2, 2nd being Mario Sunshine), and I loved it and the day I unlocked sonic 3 & knux I just couldn't stop playing it. I would spend a lot of time looking at the comics in the extras section and sometimes stayed on the start screen just to hear the fantastic music. It's a really good compilation of the main series classic games (aside from sonic CD which was on the Gems Collection)

Colby
February 15th, 2014, 02:08
Sonic Mega Collection was my first game as well, I still have the disk to this day.

Kods4
February 15th, 2014, 02:28
Still have it, but I got the PC version, Sonic Mega Collection Plus.
Listening to that awesome intro song always brings me back.
I'll just leave it here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h9-eeXuy9I

TaskBarR
February 15th, 2014, 05:26
Listening to the extras menu is all it takes for me to shed tea-liquid pride.

Critical Dude
February 15th, 2014, 12:42
Listening to the extras menu is all it takes for me to shed tea-liquid pride.
You're neither British nor a "Tea-Sipping-Bast***" but I understand that feeling. Unfortunately I have never played this game and I do not intend to for some reason.

Kods4
February 15th, 2014, 14:10
I do not intend to for some reason.

My best bet is that 3D Blast and Mean Bean Machine scared you off.

TaskBarR
February 15th, 2014, 18:23
You're neither British nor a "Tea-Sipping-Bast***" but I understand that feeling. Unfortunately I have never played this game and I do not intend to for some reason.

It's the go-to game if you wanna play the classics. It also has some of the Archie comics, promotional art, and storyboard videos to watch.
It also has 8 new games if you're playing the 'Plus' version.

Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2
February 15th, 2014, 19:34
I still have my Gamecube and the disk, but for some reason, my Gamecube wont play any games anymore. But at least I still have it. The game itself has been an inspiration to me to make sprite pictures of sonic in a 2D game like the classics. And don't get me started on the music! Oh, the beautiful music, especially the Extras Menu Music. I still have that song in my head. But this game is awesome. More than 6 of my favorite classic games in one! If only they had some 3D games like this.

Critical Dude
February 15th, 2014, 23:35
It's the go-to game if you wanna play the classics. It also has some of the Archie comics, promotional art, and storyboard videos to watch.
It also has 8 new games if you're playing the 'Plus' version.
I know what it has... I just won't play it.

akb778
February 16th, 2014, 04:21
I kinda remember this. I had Mega Collection Plus for the PS2 way back when, and I still have it today. (though I don't play PS2 games much anymore) One thing I do remember about this is sometimes I'd play this just to become lost in the music...

Colby
February 16th, 2014, 14:43
My best memories of this game were definatly Sonic 3 as a whole and Sonic 2 chemical plant, both as Tails of course.

Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2
February 17th, 2014, 16:53
I kinda remember this. I had Mega Collection Plus for the PS2 way back when, and I still have it today. (though I don't play PS2 games much anymore) One thing I do remember about this is sometimes I'd play this just to become lost in the music...

Same here.

SegTindog
February 19th, 2014, 00:47
I had Mega Collection and Gems, I love S3&K and repeatedly watching the old SA2B trailer on mega collection and playing Sonic R and CD in Gems!