PDA

View Full Version : Stormy Shelter Zone 1

Lat'
March 22nd, 2014, 20:03
Yep, actually the first level that should be able to complete in the skybase for the 2.1!
So, I won't make you guys wait, here are some screenies, suggestions are welcome to improve the level.

6570 6571

The skybox is still unfinished but it is going to be completed soon.
Also note that this level could eventually reminds you Liftoff Grantry (or something like this) from Tortured Planet, this level is not based on this, it is just a coincidence.

Note that I'm also going to send this level to the OLDC!

TaskBarR
March 22nd, 2014, 21:29
That's awesome! May I recommend this song to play during the level?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVRhUngL9KA

Lat'
March 22nd, 2014, 21:37
I also thinked to this music, it's awesome.
It will perfectly fit when the player will enter in the facility.
Also, I finished the skybox!

Colby
March 23rd, 2014, 05:43
I am looking forward to seeing this in submissions, and also wish you luck on the OLDC. My only advice would to be keep and eye on textures and be careful not to use the same one too much (I constantly make that mistake personally), just remember to scroll through multiple textures to see what could or could not work.

Lat'
March 23rd, 2014, 08:59
The textures are enough diversifieds in the skybox for now, I think.
I'm gonna start the second section of the level.

Ors
March 23rd, 2014, 18:52
I suggest taking a new grass texture where you can't see where are the edges of the texture. And it needs something to fill the huge empty area in 2nd screenshot. Also, people would love to see more socs by you! =)

Lat'
March 23rd, 2014, 20:24
I suggest taking a new grass texture where you can't see where are the edges of the texture. And it needs something to fill the huge empty area in 2nd screenshot. Also, people would love to see more socs by you! =)

Actually the grass texture perfectly fits with what the level is supposed to be and I'm really looking to do something with SOCs, as always but I can't get them work!
I have planned a boss, and 1 or 2 ennemies. This level has to be enough hard to be implented in New Horizons as last zone.

- - - - - - - - - -

Oh I also started the new section, it's a unused part of the factory where Eggman is actually trying to construct the ultimate weapon!
6588 6589
I know I have did pratically nothing but the OLDC's in more than 1 month, so I take my time to find ideas :P
Also put the music that Rex suggested to me.

If anyone knows how I can eventually port 2.0 SOCs to 2.1, please tell me, it will help a lot for New Horizons and also for this level which, remember, will participy to the OLDC (and maybe represent the skybase in the OLDC, why not?)

Phantom-Blade
March 23rd, 2014, 21:19
That looks really interesting, Looks like I'm not the only one working on a level, Good job!

Lat'
March 24th, 2014, 04:54
You too you're going to participy? Well, guess I'll test your level before the other. (Yes it is 5 am but I'm awake O_o)

Whackjood
March 24th, 2014, 15:54
Oh my, I quite like how this seems to be turning out so far. I'll look forward to giving it a play when the OLDC comes around.

Although a suggestion, I would reccomend making the skybox textures completely seperate from the textures used in the outside area, to make them eye catching and clearly different at a glance and to make it very clear for the player where level boundaries begin and end, so there is no confusion for Tails and Knuckles players wondering if they can explore up there.

I see you've made a start at that with the THZ textures in the skybox and I would quite like to see it taken even further. But that's just my suggestion really.

I do like what I see so far though!

Lat'
March 28th, 2014, 23:19
That's not because I don't want to do it but the skyboxes textures will be too big if I replace, unless if I found a small texture that fits with the level.

- - - - - - - - - -

Well guys, I'm sorry to tell you that but the level is cancelled and I quit SRB2 forever.

Nevermind, here are some little updates because I am so busy these times...

To avoid the confusion, there are now lights in big open parts to tell where to go.

Here's a screenshot of the " hidden fast way" which is near to the start of the level, you can also reach it easyly as Knuckles or Tails, with Sonic, it's another thing...
This path is more dangerous because the conveyor is really fast and will send you into death pits, so better jump over the entire conveyor to be sure to get past.

And here's the ugly and unfinished submarine section that will lead to the facility, not these little corridors with 3 robots, it's something like dangerous acid and lots of robots...

Phantom-Blade
March 29th, 2014, 10:50
That's not because I don't want to do it but the skyboxes textures will be too big if I replace, unless if I found a small texture that fits with the level.

- - - - - - - - - -

Well guys, I'm sorry to tell you that but the level is cancelled and I quit SRB2 forever.

Nevermind, here are some little updates because I am so busy these times...

To avoid the confusion, there are now lights in big open parts to tell where to go.

Here's a screenshot of the " hidden fast way" which is near to the start of the level, you can also reach it easyly as Knuckles or Tails, with Sonic, it's another thing...
This path is more dangerous because the conveyor is really fast and will send you into death pits, so better jump over the entire conveyor to be sure to get past.

And here's the ugly and unfinished submarine section that will lead to the facility, not these little corridors with 3 robots, it's something like dangerous acid and lots of robots...
Aww, I was excited to play this level... :(

FaroukTheHedge
March 29th, 2014, 12:32
Look's Beautifull, you Should complete that 3D Skybox
(Your Map Reminds me of a map on "Totured Planet" Mod)

Ors
March 29th, 2014, 13:44
Look's Beautifull, you Should complete that 3D Skybox
(Your Map Reminds me of a map on "Totured Planet" Mod)

No. This has a different and more beutiful style. There's just 5 random textures per room in tortured planet. This has a more clear style.

FaroukTheHedge
March 29th, 2014, 16:04
Yah Right, it Looks awesome !!

Lat'
April 4th, 2014, 18:05
Yeah thanks for supporting me!
I still need a little time to complete the level and to complete the thok barrers which are uncompleted, also, as I said, the 3D skybox is completed, it does need some changes for the texture to avoid confusion with Tails and Knuckles.

- - - - - - - - - -

Here is the update you all wanted I think!

Here is the ugly unfinished aquatic section you saw in my previous post, I put other textures to make it less ugly and I finished it, now it's the "not-so-ugy-finished-aquatic-section"

Sentry right up ahead!

Here is an ugly corridor with ugly crushers.

- - - - - - - - - -

Here's a screenshot of the revamped turret section that I showed you in the previous post.

TaskBarR
April 4th, 2014, 22:00
This might very well be one of the BEST SRB2 levels I've seen!
Replace THZ2 with this, people!
Can't wait for the OLDC so I can try it out!

Lat'
April 7th, 2014, 08:52
I'm done with this section and I'm starting a new one outside the shelter.
I think it could eventually be the last one, for the OLDC edition, tough. But if I still have time, I will try to expand it a bit more.

- - - - - - - - - -

Well, due to my lazyness, I will not make a new section, but an overpowered miniboss (which is still EASYLY beatable)
It's just the Egg Mobile with 20 HP and with some robots to help. For my side, by exactly knowing where to go and by going enough fast, the level took me 1:20 to arrive to the miniboss. To beat the boss you will need between 40 and 999999 seconds, unless if you rape him, you can beat it in 20 seconds.

The only thing that the arena needs are decorations.

- - - - - - - - - -

Well, it sounded obvious this boss was a joke, but the level truly ends by beating a CUSTOM boss.
It's like Brak Eggman in 2.0, it throwns you missiles that you can hang to fly, and you have to throw them in Eggman's face.

The boss is operationnal, I just need to decorate and this will be okay.

Colby
April 7th, 2014, 13:09
Can't wait to see this Custom Boss, sounds fun.

Phantom-Blade
April 7th, 2014, 15:18
I'm done with this section and I'm starting a new one outside the shelter.
I think it could eventually be the last one, for the OLDC edition, tough. But if I still have time, I will try to expand it a bit more.

- - - - - - - - - -

Well, due to my lazyness, I will not make a new section, but an overpowered miniboss (which is still EASYLY beatable)
It's just the Egg Mobile with 20 HP and with some robots to help. For my side, by exactly knowing where to go and by going enough fast, the level took me 1:20 to arrive to the miniboss. To beat the boss you will need between 40 and 999999 seconds, unless if you rape him, you can beat it in 20 seconds.

The only thing that the arena needs are decorations.

- - - - - - - - - -

Well, it sounded obvious this boss was a joke, but the level truly ends by beating a CUSTOM boss.
It's like Brak Eggman in 2.0, it throwns you missiles that you can hang to fly, and you have to throw them in Eggman's face.

The boss is operationnal, I just need to decorate and this will be okay.
I'm excited for the level, I'm so excited that I could just go HYPER!!!

Ors
April 10th, 2014, 06:33
Ehh... Please, don't give it 20 lives! I think the bosses are fun with the original 8 if they're hard enough. The outdoor places are just awesome but will the next thing you do be retexturing the indoor area? =)