PDA

View Full Version : The Skybase Chat

Colby
March 25th, 2014, 15:40
Should it stay, or should it go away until we see some more members that actually want to use the chatbox?

​Discuss

Lat'
March 25th, 2014, 17:29
Well I do not use it very often but it's still usefull for lots of members so I won't force it to be deleted.

TaskBarR
March 25th, 2014, 22:42
I want it to stay, because it's an easy way to chat with other members, and constantly VMing is time consuming and annoying. I like just being able to pull up the site and send a message to my friends.

Mr.Black
March 29th, 2014, 02:40
I like it.

Wolfy
March 29th, 2014, 04:57
As someone who has experience with web design, the fact that you have a vBulletin specific chatbox is inconvenient. It only displays on one page, is clunky, and takes up loads of room. Naturally my first option in most cases is IRC since it's a dedicated chat system that works outside of my web browser, but as for on-site chatboxes you may want something minimal that can actually display on every page. From what I know, Chatango has chatboxes that you can have on your page as a tab and open them to expand, and those seem to work really well for designs that require as much room as possible in order to look correct.