PDA

View Full Version : [Character] HMS123311: Remastered

Wolfy
April 1st, 2014, 05:42
http://mystic.srb2.org/images/humor/recolor.png

LOLZ, DATS the newly ported 2.1 edition of HMS123311 after more than two weeks in development! cool right?! Yeah, this is the extra-special Remastered Edition created through lots of blood, sweat, toe-stubbing, and porting over collision code from outdated C code. Chock-full of new abilities, the Remaster also includes the iconic Voice version of HMS123311 alongside the default version, for you to decide if you want more(or less) of the Overpowered Recolor Experience®! Of course, you don't want to spend your time all on the fancy intro paragraph, do you? Onward to the showcase!

http://lightdash.org/SRB2/images/srb20005.gif
Fear my overpowered recolor!

http://lightdash.org/SRB2/images/srb20003.gif
Overpowered qualities!

http://lightdash.org/SRB2/images/srb20007.gif
Ha, that didn't hurt me, you only hit my toe!

Ability List:
(for those who didn't already know it)

Chaos Control Armageddon Multi-Thok
Hyper Spindash
Permanent Attraction
Permanent Elemental Flames
Permanent Drown/Suffocation resistance
No ring-drain Super mode
Advanced S_SKIN values
Match Super in SP/Co-op/Race
BossKillâ„¢
ULTIMATE OVERPOWER GLORY!!!111!!!1!
Resistance to Toe-stubbing
Incredible Backstory writing
More to come!

Known Bugs:

Some mobjs are deleted/killed on contact if not on a whitelist
Chaos Controlling into certain sectors can kill you

Changelog:

Version 1.2

Complete code refactor
Chaos Control has minimal support for "breaking" glass FOFs. No visual effect for it, but HMS can remove their solidity.
Incomplete collision code (will be commented out)
Bugs with adding HMS in the middle of a netgame have been fixed.
Bugs with switching skins from HMS have been fixed.
Fancy sparks from 1.09.4 have been ported successfully.
Added some extra entries to the whitelist script.
Made mobj kill detection a lot better.
HMS doesn't endlessly rise when dying.
Removed footcancer. Again.
More bugfixes, most of which I forgot.
HMS is disabled in ringslinger gametypes. I shouldn't have to point out why it would be a bad idea to keep him enabled.

Version 1.1

Almost every single bug has been fixed by Katmint! Now you can enjoy recolor glory in peace!
Whitelist updated. Should no longer cause issues in ERZ3 and NiGHTS mode.
Abilities will no longer function in ringslinger gametypes.
Frame-freeze after finishing the level have been fixed.
All instances of super transform loops have been fixed.
Removed footcancer.

Version 1.0

Initial Release.

Along with what's been shown, the wad also has numerous surprises along with some acutal OC in the form of transformation sprites done by the legendary MotorRoach!

LightDash.org Mirror (http://lightdash.org/SRB2/Releases/HMS123311%20-%20Remastered%20-%20v1.1.zip)

Keep yourselves posted for updates, as I'll be sure to(attempt to) deliver on those!

TaskBarR
April 1st, 2014, 16:39
I was waiting for you to release this!
This was my favorite wad back in 1.094, and now he's MORE overpowered!

Wolfy
April 1st, 2014, 23:11
Yea, that Rosy wad was more overpowered. I laughed so hard because this is horrible. Is the an April Fools Joke? Funny though, but still wheres the quality?
You are, by all means, an idiot.

Allow me to compare us, directly. First, you attempted to release a 2.1 port of Rosy.wad, correct? Which I did play and still have. Instead of compensating for her hammer jump ability(and porting the wad without permission), you decided to give her a horribly implemented CA_FALLSWITCH multiability, which practically allowed her to fly. That's quite overpowered obviously enough, but that's for a character that isn't even meant to be overpowered. HMS123311 - Remastered Edition, was one of the first characters with lua scripted abilities I ever touched. The script went into many major revisions and I had to learn many things along with getting help from many people in order to put this together. Like it or not, this wad took loads, and loads, and loads of effort. Something your wad lacked. I could throw a build of Rosy.wad with CA_FALLSWITCH in less than five minutes and distribute it on the MS/skybase. But no average person could put together a wad like this. A wad that not only contains original scripts(HellHawk's Chaos Control script, for one), but custom transformation sprites that weren't ripped straight out of another wad's set as well, and the neat SOC used for voice. This wad was a community joke, and here I am glorifying it, yes. But if you say it doesn't have effort or quality, I believe you to be gravely mistaken. Don't try to pass my wad as inferior to your garbage when clearly there was effort put into this that yours lacked. You're disrespecting all of the 14 people that contributed to the creation of this(sort of) masterpiece.

Mr.Black
April 2nd, 2014, 00:08

It's about damn time.

TaskBarR
April 2nd, 2014, 00:09
You told him, Wolfy!

Phantom-Blade
April 2nd, 2014, 20:02
I had fun with this WAD, This was literally my favourite OP character since it was made in the final demo (1.09.4)... However, Most of the time he dies by going through FOFS such as the glass in the new THZ2. I was pwning GFZ1 with the WAD... Now if you excuse me... I'M GONNA OWN SRB2 WITH DIS WAD! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Demnyx Onyxfur
April 2nd, 2014, 21:08
I hosted with this WAD, and me and Super Mystic Sonic just screwed around to see how many things we could break. Our conclusion: HMS123311's true weakness is windows (and footcancer).
I love this character ~

TaskBarR
April 2nd, 2014, 21:31
I love clipping up walls using his thok!
Especially in DSZ1. The higher route is no match for my overpowered recolor, with overpowered qualities!

EcoloTheHeroOfSega
January 4th, 2018, 02:16
This dude. he is super gotta go fast.

Fierra2005
January 4th, 2018, 15:01
Brak Eggman is no match for HMS123311, with overpowered qualities!