PDA

View Full Version : [Level] Ring Meadow Zone (port for 2.1)

Xkower8181
May 11th, 2014, 09:58
Hello guys today i make thing that ain't a hat.
So it's port of good and small match map from 2.0 wad called Ring Meadow Zone
I replaced the spring in the middle of the map with infinity ring
Screenshot:6855

Mirror:https://www.dropbox.com/s/g28bu7zdp1q4frr/m_RingMeadow.wad
Credits goes to:Rainbow "Dashy" Dash,LJ Sonic and THC.

Colby
May 11th, 2014, 14:45
Welcome to Releases.

TehRealSalt
May 11th, 2014, 16:35
Already one complaint of mine is that it's completely symmetrical. Most fun match levels are asymmetrical because it leaves a lot of exploration and you can find cool places to start fights. I can already see the whole level from your one screenshot. That's why there was completely new levels for 1.09.4; because that version specifically needed to be symmetrical for any balance. But, 2.0 and up's match system makes a symmetrical fight nearly impossible to balance. I haven't loaded this up yet, though, so perhaps you've did something.

EDIT: Whoops just noticed that this is a port. My points still stand, though.

Lat'
May 11th, 2014, 16:45
"Credits goes to:Rainbow "Dashy" Dash,LJ Sonic and THC."

THC is one of my nickname on SRB2 :P (So it's me)
But anyways, glad you liked it!

TehRealSalt
May 11th, 2014, 16:47
Nope you didn't do something. All of the weapons are right next to each other, which makes it way too easy to grab everything in one go. Also there's absolutely no Rail Ring Panel or Bomb Ring Panel, even though ammo was placed for them. And the Infinity Ring doesn't have Ambush on it. And you didn't use WRMs or SRMs, you instead used regular Random Monitors. This makes the map unbalanced, as WRMs and SRMs are balanced specifically for Match mode, while Random goes through everything.

Lat'
May 11th, 2014, 17:23
Blargh, this was just an irrevelant map I made because I was bored... Meadow Match isn't better, tough (As flat and as boring as this XD)

TehRealSalt
May 11th, 2014, 19:21
I personally think it's better, because there's more room and it's asymmetrical. Not saying that MMZ is very good, though.

Xkower8181
May 25th, 2014, 14:58
Nope you didn't do something. All of the weapons are right next to each other, which makes it way too easy to grab everything in one go. Also there's absolutely no Rail Ring Panel or Bomb Ring Panel, even though ammo was placed for them. And the Infinity Ring doesn't have Ambush on it. And you didn't use WRMs or SRMs, you instead used regular Random Monitors. This makes the map unbalanced, as WRMs and SRMs are balanced specifically for Match mode, while Random goes through everything.

Okat TehRealSalt everything you said will be fixed ;)

LJ Sonic
June 29th, 2014, 10:48
Credits goes to: Rainbow "Dashy" Dash, LJ Sonic and THC.

Wait what ? I am mentionned ?
Why did you even credit me ??? :P

Lat'
June 29th, 2014, 11:27
You don't remember? You made the arena more circular, I tought your brain was more powerful, LJ ;)

LJ Sonic
June 29th, 2014, 11:44
Ah yes, I didn't recognize this map first... I also made it twice bigger, autoaligned the textures, and fixed some errors with the sky height. I think I equally recommanded something about unpegged grass, like removing it from bridges or just using it. That wasn't a big deal though.

Ors
June 29th, 2014, 20:10
I remember this map too. Lat is the creator of this map, so I have an idea. Should this be a match map for New Horizons mod?

Xkower8181
June 29th, 2014, 21:48
Should this be a match map for New Horizons mod?
No,just no.

Lat'
June 30th, 2014, 15:26
Actually, I don't know, it's still playable and might be fun on a ~8 players server, so why not?
And at least, it will replace an eventual meadow match map...

Fennekin
July 4th, 2014, 02:22
I like this a lot. It's good that it's small, because that means that it's all out action and no one can run and hide.

Xkower8181
July 4th, 2014, 08:54
I like this a lot. It's good that it's small, because that means that it's all out action and no one can run and hide.
So that means that you shouldn't play this map on Hide and Seek because it will suck.

Lat'
July 4th, 2014, 20:20
So that means that you shouldn't play this map on Hide and Seek because it will suck.
Some peoples still play this? The actual maps in the game have only very obvious spots, so this won't change anything.