PDA

View Full Version : [Lua] Taunts - They're Back!

VirtualSonic43
May 17th, 2014, 23:55
Remember taunts from back in 2.0? Yea it was a shame that 2.1 officially removed them... or did they? Thanks to lua scripts it was possible to re-add taunts to SRB2.
This was mainly a simple thing I did in a few minutes, and really all it is is that it plays a sound... that's about it. Though it doesn't play when you get hit or die. But it works in NiGHTS mode, so there's that.
I won't be showing GIFs because well, this isn't a visual thing, this is an audio thing. Something which I can't really "show". Also this only works for Sonic, mainly just as an example and so I didn't have to think about what to use for Tails and Knuckles. And Sonic's taunt is pulled from Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Yea you know where this is going).
But otherwise, have fun!
You use the taunt by pressing Custom Action 1.

Known Bugs:
- Taunts can sometimes play twice if you push the button too many times and get lucky (Thankfully this is a rare case).

Xkower8181
May 18th, 2014, 19:46
That's Awesome now i can make a Zim.wad :D

- - - - - - - - - -

edit: I found a bug that makes taunt only posibble while spinjumping or spindashing or just rolling.

- - - - - - - - - -

edit2: I also created a edit of this wad which have two taunts!

- - - - - - - - - -

edit3:Also taunt posibble while NiGHTS stages....

VirtualSonic43
June 25th, 2014, 07:45
edit3:Also taunt posibble while NiGHTS stages....
That's... not a bug, that was intentional.

Slade
February 12th, 2015, 00:18
I'll try it out someday.

Killer.exe
February 14th, 2015, 14:52
i tried to press every single buttons but no taunts #Broken

Demnyx Onyxfur
February 14th, 2015, 18:44
i tried to press every single buttons but no taunts #Broken
Then you probably pressed every button aside from custom 1, which is what this uses.

Killer.exe
February 17th, 2015, 20:33
oh i didnt knew that

EcoloTheHeroOfSega
January 22nd, 2018, 02:33
So if you want want to taunt, you will need to jump and press custom button 1 right? For some reason it only works with sonic. I can help with the other guys too. :thumbsup: