PDA

View Full Version : My wad I don't know what to name

Botton
June 3rd, 2014, 02:43
So, I've been working on this wad for a while, I still haven't got a name for it, but I tried to put a lot of detail into it. It's a roleplay/hang out wad, for now it's just a house (the first story of the house, for that matter) and I plan on doing a second story and some other stuff, but for now I would like some feedback on it. Here's an image.

I hope you enjoy...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dbq4pn (http://www.sendspace.com/file/ktcc3o)

TaskBarR
June 3rd, 2014, 04:58
How about 'hangout house' or something?
It looks great so far!

Botton
June 3rd, 2014, 05:14
Well, depending on how things go, it might evolve into a city...it mainly depends on how many linedefs I wind up using.

Flower the Sunflower
June 3rd, 2014, 23:38
Cool, I would love to see a sega genesis hooked to the TV and a easter egg where the Sonic 2 title screen shows up on the TV.

Colby
June 4th, 2014, 01:33
Looks fun, best of luck on continuing it.

Xkower8181
June 4th, 2014, 14:10
*see a one screenshot* *thinks it's a good wad* This wad must be very good but will test it later :waiting2:

Blaze_The_Cat_SRB2
June 4th, 2014, 18:01
House24_v2.1.wad
Ha Ha, just kidding.

But I agree to what Rex named it as.

Xkower8181
June 5th, 2014, 13:34
I suggest "Roleplay City Zone" :)

Phantom-Blade
June 6th, 2014, 21:47
Onyx House. (House)
Onyx City. (City) because you're making a city house right?
And yes, Onyx is a Pokémon and a type of gem...

Someone(?):6909

Lat'
June 7th, 2014, 09:38
Blargh, screw level names on hangout levels, no one basically care of them.
Anyways, I am very surprised to find a descent hangout level from a new member, most of hangout levels (house23 etc) are made from bunches of error, slime trails etc. There are more than 100 unclosed sectors in levels like House23. Keep up that good work!

Botton
June 7th, 2014, 09:55
Thanks! I really tried my hardest with this map (although I can't for the life of me to get that painting to work properly) because of how poorly made most hangout maps are. I devoted lots of time into as much detail as possible without making the engine implode. Speaking of which, I have a small update brewing, but it might take a little while, depending on how lazy I'm feeling. I've also decided to either scrap the city entirely or make it a separate map, so there goes that. After that I'll work on the second floor and actually make the painting a painting rather than a solid block of color, then put it into submissions.

Phantom-Blade
June 8th, 2014, 01:38
I say you should make the city another map, just like house20.wad. However that wad is filled with slime trails and bugs.

Botton
June 13th, 2014, 04:08
I have updated the first post with a link to a new version of the wad, re-named HangoutHouse.wad, it's rather small but fixes a glitch and adds some more details. This should be the last WIP release, before it is released for real.

MotdSpork
June 14th, 2014, 10:27
the layout of this house so far reminds me of the inside of a house a GTA San Andreas.