PDA

View Full Version : Tutorials?

Colson
January 18th, 2011, 14:05
Sky, you should make an area to post tutorials on doing things in SRB2DB. Some people may have trouble understanding the wiki and need it explained in "layman's" terms. (lol)
Like for example, I made a tutorial covering the basics of speed pads complete with many images- http://srb2skybase.org/mb/showthread.php/249-Down-again?p=1926#post1926

a cat
January 18th, 2011, 21:38
Sky, you should make an area to post tutorials on doing things in SRB2DB. Some people may have trouble understanding the wiki and need it explained in "layman's" terms. (lol)
Like for example, I made a tutorial covering the basics of speed pads complete with many images- http://srb2skybase.org/mb/showthread.php/249-Down-again?p=1926#post1926

Espically with polyobjects, gargoyle puzzles and flipping upside down when you jump in ERZ1.

Steel Titanium
January 26th, 2011, 17:59
I need help, When i'm makeing a map it don't save nodes what i do?

a cat
January 26th, 2011, 23:08
Is there any thing outside the red lines????

MetalFighter
January 27th, 2011, 06:08
I'd gladly do it. After all I've been mapping for almost a year now and I won the OLDC CTF division, so I guess that all the stuff I learned from the OLDC and from personal experience is enough for me to teach you guys a few things.
Now answering a few of your questions:
1. You do not want to create anything outside the red lines. The lines are there as a boundary. Anything created outside them will probably crash the game or the level. In other words they're there for a reason.
2. Nodes you say? Seems like a technical problem to me. However you may have stitch vertices off which can sometimes cause this problem.
3. Poly objects, gargoyle puzzles, and gravity flip huh. I could go more in depth on that however I do not have the time right now. Maybe some other day.

Colson
January 30th, 2011, 19:40
You will probably NEVER go outside the red lines. Not even NAGZ is that big.
It's just one of the limits to keep the game from crashing.

Sky
February 5th, 2011, 04:40
This might take a while to create all tutorials...

Colson
February 5th, 2011, 05:52
Create all tutorials? I never said that. I meant tutorials-on-demand where users request them.

DarkFireTheHedgehog
February 16th, 2011, 22:58
how about a port forwarding tutorial?

MetalFighter
February 16th, 2011, 23:50
Port forwarding tutorials won't work. Reason is because some people have different routers than others and some don't even have a router or know the difference between one and a modem.
Torgo has a pretty good P.F. tutorial on the Srb2 MB somewhere. Also if you don't know what terms like TCP, UDP, IP Address, Gateway IP, Virtual Server, DNS and other terms like these mean then I suggest you don't try Port forwarding on your own or you might seriously screw something up.

Colson
February 17th, 2011, 00:29
Yeah, people that don't know simple technical terms tick me off. Even more so when they don't bother to look it up.

SRB2-NICK
April 4th, 2011, 02:40
Sky can you make one on how to put more then one map in one wad?

Colson
April 4th, 2011, 22:08
Sky can you make one on how to put more then one map in one wad?
Go look on the SRB2 Wiki.

Steel Titanium
April 5th, 2011, 02:28
It not that hard for me to p.f ,Also There are some websites that tells you how to p.f. Here is some sites:http://portforward.com/

dage4 EX
April 11th, 2011, 01:08
Thats the site where most people P.F SRB2.

Sky
April 11th, 2011, 13:59
Thats the site where most people P.F SRB2.You don't port forward there. It's essentially just a port forwarding tutorial website.