PDA

View Full Version : Hangout Springs, a WIP Match map.

sethseth6
August 7th, 2014, 07:31
Hello! This is the 0.7 pre-a release! It's less glitchy! and MORE GLITCHY! May or may not include: Jesus Water, Sky Textures, Jesus Water-Fall.

The download is probably gonna be an attachment below. Also, the map's name is MAPSL, just in case you needed it.

Also, I think I need help.

Here's something unrelated but it might make your day (or night). I typed in "Play my doom wad" into Translate and i got "jugar mi perdición taco" which if you translate to english it means "play my taco doom".
here you go screenshots are coming when it's not 3:24 am est<br>
thx bye

Lat'
August 7th, 2014, 07:37
Well just tested it and some things uh...
1, The rings are not floating. You can fix that by checking the "Deaf" or "Ambush" (If you're on DoomBuilder 2) flag on it. Just right click on it to edit that.
2, The spikes are not hurting the player, yup, you have to make a FOF to hurt the player on the top of the spikes.\

Other than that, the map itself shows that you know how to make thok barrers, but the music choice is awful ><

sethseth6
August 7th, 2014, 17:38
I only chose that music because everybody I tested it with said it fits :O

By the way, it's Tunes 98, the old aerial garden song.

KitsuneFreak
August 7th, 2014, 22:11
Screenshots would help.

Demnyx Onyxfur
August 8th, 2014, 00:21
The spikes are not hurting the player, yup, you have to make a FOF to hurt the player on the top of the spikes
I thought you could just use the spike object, that's what I've done a while back and it worked.

sethseth6
August 8th, 2014, 04:44
It used to have an icon, and i'm working on a build with FoFs, having trouble. I'll put screenshots, but expect changes.

Lat'
August 8th, 2014, 07:08
I thought you could just use the spike object, that's what I've done a while back and it worked.
So I think you used that "solid spike" SOC. But in Vanilla SRB2, spikes are not solid for some reasons... So you have to make a FOF that hurts you on their top... It's just weird.

sethseth6
August 10th, 2014, 07:53
I just used the Ambush flag and it works good.
I'm going to add the new version, which was made with my friend Renderer. I'll toss out a secret: It has water.

Ors
August 10th, 2014, 09:40
I just used the Ambush flag and it works good.
I'm going to add the new version, which was made with my friend Renderer. I'll toss out a secret: It has water.

Ambush flag? Do you even have the SRB2 2.1 configure? It helps a lot while mapping.
I'd suggest to change the outdoors part of the wall in the house visible and wooden. It would look much better.

sethseth6
August 12th, 2014, 08:08
I removed all of the house, and I instead made a house-shaped sector inside the map and put a FoF roof on it, and it's perfect!

- - - - - - - - - -

Ambush flag? Do you even have the SRB2 2.1 configure? It helps a lot while mapping.
I'd suggest to change the outdoors part of the wall in the house visible and wooden. It would look much better.

In DB2 it looked like that, and also i do have 2.1 cfg.

Lat'
August 12th, 2014, 08:17
Yes he's right, instance, for Rings, we do not have the Deaf flag but the Ambush flag on DB2. It's kind-a weird =P