PDA

View Full Version : Why is this board so... inactive?

sethseth6
November 26th, 2014, 05:45
Man, I posted a many a question a while ago and it still hasn't been answered!
I mean, sure, maybe nobody knows the answer?

Mr.Black
November 26th, 2014, 11:33
Nobody really gives a fuck about the Skybase anymore I guess.

I stopped caring about a decade ago.

Lat'
November 26th, 2014, 13:13
Well, I might be checking what happens everyday here, but it's sure that I don't post really often too.
The MB is also really empty sometimes, every post is marked with -- hours ago when you go check...
Also SRB2 is not the most known sonic fangame and plenty of people have heard of the MB, but not of the Skybase.

Fennekin
November 26th, 2014, 22:27
Well, I might be checking what happens everyday here, but it's sure that I don't post really often too.
Great point. I'm not active on the site, but I'll come every 3-5 days or so.

TaskBarR
November 26th, 2014, 23:02
The Skybase stopped being active long before you showed up. There was a little bit of activity last year because of all the anticipation for 2.1, but now there's really nothing... I just come on here to chat and occasionally post now.

KitsuneFreak
November 27th, 2014, 02:39

^This
But in all honesty. It's not gonna get any better if it continues being in the shadows of the MB. If it's basically revolving around SRB2 it's just going to end up like many of the other inactive SRB2 sites like Wadbase and such.

Sky
November 27th, 2014, 18:53
I suppose a number of people have moved on from SRB2 in general, which means even less people here.

There's still some activity here and there, mostly in the Skybase chat.

It could be worse, though.

But look, seven different people have posted in this thread within a five hour period. That's not too bad.

Xkower8181
November 28th, 2014, 13:46
I was inactive here because i moved into MB :P

SegTindog
November 30th, 2014, 01:26

This reason and because I just stopped playing SRB2 and because I became more involved with my Xbox and Happy Wars to go on the PC everyday to this website and etc.

SRB2 2.1 is so not the reason for inactivity there was barely activity on here before it was released, last year there was no activity then we got new members and activity rose again.

TaskBarR
December 1st, 2014, 04:08
Yeah, SRB2 isn't really my thing anymore. I've gotten into other interests I'd like to give some time to do.

Critical Dude
December 1st, 2014, 17:30
This thread should change its title to: "Why are you so inactive?"
Almost every individual on this site should have their personal reason for being inactive on this forum.

TaskBarR
December 2nd, 2014, 19:36
This thread should change its title to: "Why are you so inactive?"
Almost every individual on this site should have their personal reason for being inactive on this forum.

Yeah. Another reason I don't do much here anymore is because I would rather not constantly check a forum every day.

Lat'
December 3rd, 2014, 07:04
For some reasons, the website became somehow active because of this thread~

Colby
December 3rd, 2014, 13:56
It's mostly due to everyone lurking.

Lat'
December 3rd, 2014, 14:01
By lurking, you mean actually show up as online and not posting?
Because it is basically the case of everyone, as you said...

KitsuneFreak
December 3rd, 2014, 21:31

Bingo. There's really not much to post about in my opinion since most of those things tend to be just swept under the rug since most threads either die out in a matter of days to be never seen/posted on again.

TaskBarR
December 4th, 2014, 23:21
Heck, the last post in the movies forum was in March.
March.

SegTindog
December 6th, 2014, 02:04
Hell, No one barely said anything about Sonic Boom in the threads around the time of its release nor the show.

sethseth6
December 6th, 2014, 18:39
Xkower8181, 2 things. 1, How did you sign up for the MB? It won't let me. and 2, You play OSU!? Sweet!

Edit: A lot of people here do, apparently.

Kods4
December 28th, 2014, 13:20
The Skybase stopped being active long before you showed up. There was a little bit of activity last year because of all the anticipation for 2.1, but now there's really nothing...

The fact 2.1 was kind of lackluster after all the wait for it certainly didnt help.

KitsuneFreak
December 29th, 2014, 09:45
The fact 2.1 was kind of lackluster after all the wait for it certainly didnt help.

Exactly. But that honestly means that if the site is only being barely clinging on due to a game not succeeding, Well..It's a little pathetic.

Lat'
December 30th, 2014, 21:44
Welp, the Skybase has always been under the MB's shadow, and it's not gonna change!
We'll also note that even the MB doesn't have that much posts, it's often x hours ago posts when I check what's up in there...

Demnyx Onyxfur
December 31st, 2014, 17:40
I haven't been very active.
http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/0605/OwEjTZf1o02cTnwSxGYofA/0_0.jpg

choalover
January 19th, 2015, 21:56
The netcode sucks in 2.1 like a vacuum cleaner.

Lat'
January 23rd, 2015, 21:23
True dat.

SegTindog
January 25th, 2015, 01:50
Its just lame here I guess, screw that MB shadowing crap(even though its true), and 2.1 certainly did nothing to help the skybase at all with members I think people are growing up and are just not playing with SRB2 anymore period, TBH I just started playing SRB2 back in November but after my mother crashed the PC and had to get it repaired everything was gone,sure I uploaded EVERY SINGLE FILE(wads and everything) to 2Shared but ehh whats the point.

SRB2 and this skybase are just going to get more and more empty until the point when whatever host service this website runs on is just going to remove it for inactivity, i'll still be here from time to time but...yeah thats it.

- - - - - - - - - -

Or because there is finally a thread everyone can relate to.

Xader
March 24th, 2015, 13:51
srb2 Is a good game and a few of
fame, but also that there are
those who played and did not
know the existence of sky
Base.This looks bad participating
less every day, we must do
something about this before
closing the skybase due
to lack of participation.

SegTindog
March 26th, 2015, 01:45
We already have bots joining and making retarded threads, there's nothing we can do unless forcing or blackmailing people to join is an option-_-.

Lat'
March 26th, 2015, 17:43
/me creates 65535 accounts to make the board more active.

Seriously uh... even the mb feels inactive at times, so I don't know how the Skybase could be more active than that... There are still FEW members that are somewhat active (including me.)

...I have my reasons for not being really active...
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/538517866879325161/8B7EC4716D05390D62C46286A4715FE82EB42478/

SegTindog
March 26th, 2015, 23:15
/me creates 65535 accounts to make the board more active.

Seriously uh... even the mb feels inactive at times, so I don't know how the Skybase could be more active than that... There are still FEW members that are somewhat active (including me.)

...I have my reasons for not being really active...
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/538517866879325161/8B7EC4716D05390D62C46286A4715FE82EB42478/
Maybe the site just needs a complete renovation I mean we can talk about sonic and everything else like we usually do but a name change perhaps do what sonic zone does and add game downloads eh I don't know anymore.

Tyson TH
March 27th, 2015, 21:57
So like I bought a Wii U and forgot what an SRB2 is, so yeah...

Honestly, it just seems like a dead community and we don't really hold any meaningful discussion anymore (rofl look at me rising from the dead after a year and talking like I know this forum's current situation).

Naota The Hedgehog
March 27th, 2015, 22:01
Because no one plays SRB2 anymore.

Jasper the Fox
March 28th, 2015, 02:15
I still play SRB2 on an active basis, and still work on mods for it. This... just isn't the place to get any feedback for it. The SRB2 message board, while strict with the attitudes of others, still has a somewhat active community and I still get along with them. I don't really know what to call the Skybase, considering no one on it really cares about SRB2 all that much anymore. It could probably start being it's own thing outside of SRB2 entirely. Maybe something involving DWYW or whatever the heck.

you know i only joined this thing initially because someone forced me to join (but I forget who exactly)

SegTindog
March 28th, 2015, 04:02
Like I said COMPLETE RENOVATION! this place shouldn't be called the skybase anymore it needs a new name, and maybe a new background, put the chat in the portal page as well as offer game downloads and maybe delete some forums.

Tyson TH
March 28th, 2015, 06:33
you know i only joined this thing initially because someone forced me to join (but I forget who exactly)
methinks it was the alien guy

Lat'
March 28th, 2015, 14:50
I myself even forget that I have to work on SRB2 MD sometimes because of TF2 and Wind Waker HD (ikr, it took me time to decide to buy this awesome masterpiece)
and all... and even if I had more time, level designing in srb2 is painful, same for all those poorly optimized characters (and frame system in general). Worst being SOC enemies that always take thousand of lines.
The srb2 comunity IS dying because of the lack of content added to the game, shitty servers with 10 years old hosts/admins and the worst netcode ever... But we can't say it's dying very fast; the game is here since 1998~9 (don't remember) and still here today.

Now if you excuse me... I have...
-To fish for triforce pieces in the sea,
-Rank up my Wrench
-Live life

SegTindog
March 28th, 2015, 16:18
I myself even forget that I have to work on SRB2 MD sometimes because of TF2 and Wind Waker HD (ikr, it took me time to decide to buy this awesome masterpiece)
and all... and even if I had more time, level designing in srb2 is painful, same for all those poorly optimized characters (and frame system in general). Worst being SOC enemies that always take thousand of lines.
The srb2 comunity IS dying because of the lack of content added to the game, shitty servers with 10 years old hosts/admins and the worst netcode ever... But we can't say it's dying very fast; the game is here since 1998~9 (don't remember) and still here today.

Now if you excuse me... I have...
-To fish for triforce pieces in the sea,
-Rank up my Wrench
-Live lifePlus Sonic is dying as a whole since Boom no one likes sonic no more.

KitsuneFreak
March 28th, 2015, 17:03
Plus Sonic is dying as a whole since Boom no one likes sonic no more.

Just saying, Just because Sonic boom failed epicly doesn't mean people don't like sonic anymore. Just think about the good times and they will come back again~

SegTindog
March 28th, 2015, 18:33
Just saying, Just because Sonic boom failed epicly doesn't mean people don't like sonic anymore. Just think about the good times and they will come back again~
I don't mean like that EXACTLY its just that boom was the last straw for fans of the series so no one really cares for it anymore, plus SRB2 is getting old and people who use to play it are getting older and older, and this forum isn't exactly the place where srb2 is mostly talked about.

Sky
March 29th, 2015, 17:51
I think that there's two core problems:

SRB2 isn't what it used to be. Yes, there's many people still playing SRB2, but not as much as say, during the 1.09.4 and mid-late 2.0 eras. Having another forum for SRB2 spreads the community thin.
The point of another community. As stated above, there's not really a need for one.

Putting all this in perspective, though, I think we're doing fine. It's a miracle that we have 5+ people here, posting, relatively active.

Ironically, this thread has garnered many replies. Inactive, huh...

I'll see about putting some Skybase-exclusive SkyLua previews and releases on here to get things more...active?

SegTindog
March 29th, 2015, 18:02
I think that there's two core problems:

SRB2 isn't what it used to be. Yes, there's many people still playing SRB2, but not as much as say, during the 1.09.4 and mid-late 2.0 eras. Having another forum for SRB2 spreads the community thin.
The point of another community. As stated above, there's not really a need for one.

Putting all this in perspective, though, I think we're doing fine. It's a miracle that we have 5+ people here, posting, relatively active.

Ironically, this thread has garnered many replies. Inactive, huh...

I'll see about putting some Skybase-exclusive SkyLua previews and releases on here to get things more...active?
But in terms of members coming on the website its barely active and sure this thread has gotten many posts but from the same maybe 5-6 people and JUST THIS ONE THREAD, because its something we can all relate to.

Lat'
March 29th, 2015, 19:46
You're gonna laugh, but I counted more than 20 different people posting on this thread (unless my maths are getting me wrong.)

...Sorry I'm out of ideas to help the game.

say /me cries

SegTindog
March 29th, 2015, 19:58
You're gonna laugh, but I counted more than 20 different people posting on this thread (unless my maths are getting me wrong.)

...Sorry I'm out of ideas to help the game.

say /me cries
Sorry I didn't mean people who post maybe once or twice but people who have ACTUALLY contributed something to this thread people who post more than 5-6 times, and its not the game that needs help its the website!

Lat'
March 30th, 2015, 11:26
Both are needin' help anyway.

Xader
April 3rd, 2015, 20:56
Maybe we can make a
declaration of site ,sorry but
this is all I can think about it
now.

Colby
April 6th, 2015, 12:55
What exactly is a "Declaration of Site"?

Xader
April 6th, 2015, 13:23
Such as increasing fame like the facebook does or making videos about the site.

Colby
April 6th, 2015, 13:55
aka advertising, go nuts.

Xader
April 6th, 2015, 20:19
and also like this https://m.facebook.com/home.php?hrc=1&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fm&_rdr

Lat'
April 6th, 2015, 23:45
Ads are not leadin' us anywhere, facebook won't either.
This board should retrieve its old Team Fortress 2 section and talk about more games in general, this will -hopefully- bring back some people here if we consider some of them to invite their friends and so on. If the board stays on that SRB2 only edge, it will end up falling in the pit and lose a quarter of heart without even pressing the A button. (Please tell me you got that...)
Now I'm not telling to make this board become as cheesy as putting CoD and Minecraft subforums, games like TF2 and known newer games (Majora's Mask 3D, Mario Party 10) would probably work.

Kods4
April 7th, 2015, 04:19
Sky has said before that this website is about SRB2, and that won't change unless he wants it to. It's his decision.
On the topic of bringing back subforums for other games, the reason they were deleted in the first place is because they were extremely inactive.

Xader
April 7th, 2015, 07:58
also we have to increase the upload limit because 2MB is just too small.

Sky
April 7th, 2015, 13:54
Sky has said before that this website is about SRB2, and that won't change unless he wants it to. It's his decision.To add onto this, because the focus is on SRB2 doesn't mean that you can't discuss about other things, and suddenly changing the focus over to Sonic in general wouldn't help any.

KitsuneFreak
April 7th, 2015, 15:24
To add onto this, because the focus is on SRB2 doesn't mean that you can't discuss about other things, and suddenly changing the focus over to Sonic in general wouldn't help any.
Exactly, considering how small and inactive skybase is doesn't exactly do much better. Maybe we need something to like, jumpstart it? Something that makes it a bit more noticeable? Other than simply being known as "that other srb2 site"

SegTindog
April 11th, 2015, 21:05
Maybe we can just call it quits and just be happy with the amount of people that come onto the website now and just let the website die peacefully with spam bots posting crap all over the place.

Xader
April 11th, 2015, 21:40
Maybe we can just call it quits and just be happy with the amount of people that come onto the website now and just let the website die peacefully with spam bots posting crap all over the place.

noo sonic will never give up and me too so everyone should help by inviting their friend anothe thing chek the chat box about it.