PDA

View Full Version : Sega Downsizing!

SegTindog
January 31st, 2015, 16:48
So since no threads have really been made for a while now maybe something like this will up activity in the website.

Apparently Sega is going to focus of Mobile and PC gaming now,300 people and over are going to lose there jobs due to voluntary retirement and blah blah blah just hit the link..http://www.inquisitr.com/1801305/sega-turns-focus-to-pc-and-mobile-as-company-downsizes-over-400-employees-affected/

TaskBarR
January 31st, 2015, 16:57
Interesting. I hope this doesn't affect the Sonic series. I guess I lost faith in that a while ago though, so. :/

Colby
February 2nd, 2015, 13:54
I don't mind the PC aspect of this, and I could understand the move with all these damn "console exclusive" games they get dragged into so often. As for Sonic specifically I'm on the edge, I'm going to see how Sonic Runners turns out before I decide to ditch the whole idea of Sonic as a game series, but I'll still be on the Skybase regardless.

SegTindog
February 2nd, 2015, 20:36
Isn't Sonic Runners a endless runner game? Correct me if I'm wrong.
And I think the move is for the best at I do hope this sonic runners mess ends up being a good title but if not I think Sega should just do to sonic like they did Alex.

TaskBarR
February 3rd, 2015, 06:33
Isn't Sonic Runners a endless runner game? Correct me if I'm wrong.
And I think the move is for the best at I do hope this sonic runners mess ends up being a good title but if not I think Sega should just do to sonic like they did Alex.

Yes, it's most likely going to be an endless runner, and most likely a free to play game. It's not technically the next big game, they're still working on that.

Colby
February 3rd, 2015, 14:27
I've been told a mixture of things that it will be for PC and Phone as the most common, but seems the PC thing could have just been a rumor afterall.

Xader
March 16th, 2015, 23:19
‘Sega’ Turns Focus To
PC And Mobile As
Company Downsizes,
More Than 400
Employees Affected i dont know if that is bad or good.

Xkower8181
March 17th, 2015, 08:38
‘Sega’ Turns Focus To
PC And Mobile As
Company Downsizes,
More Than 400
Employees Affected i dont know if that is bad or good.
for me it's bad dude