http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1TwJmYz3eQ

Highlights:

Nintendo 3DS exclusive
Late 2015 release
Same developer as Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
New villain: D-Fekt
Geared more towards speed and platforming rather than labyrinth-styled stages

I didn't see this coming, at all.

Source/info: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/09/sonic-boom-fire-ice-announced-for-nintendo-3ds

Colby
June 9th, 2015, 18:46
Honest opinion: the fact that it's the same dev team is the worst part.

Lat'
June 9th, 2015, 19:11
...Why in the hell did they continue this after the sarcasm it ended up into with the first releases?!
All I hope is that it's gonna get recieved in a better way than the first games did.

SegTindog
June 9th, 2015, 21:12
So they feel like they can continue this shit and hopefully not do the same crap they did in the original game(this is probably going to be worse than the first)

Phantom-Blade
June 9th, 2015, 21:18
...Why in the hell did they continue this after the sarcasm it ended up into with the first releases?!
All I hope is that it's gonna get recieved in a better way than the first games did.

Yea, but my theory with the first instalment (including Shattered Chrystal) they purposely made it bad. All first games are bad. I guess... Also I like ANY Types of games. Including bad ones to be honest... Also I have lots of hype for this game.

So they feel like they can continue this shit and hopefully not do the same crap they did in the original game(this is probably going to be worse than the first)
Shh... Don't hate until you actually play it...

Mystical Fire Kraken
June 9th, 2015, 22:31
And after the first one whose gonna buy it? They make a sequel to THIS and NOT say Sonic Adventure 3 or Sonic Generations 2?!

Sky
June 10th, 2015, 17:22
Remember, there's multiple, separate development teams hired by SEGA.

Sonic Boom is just a spin-off of the main Sonic franchise made by developers in America. Sonic Team is likely over in Japan making something else totally unrelated.

Some info came out:

The focus is definitely more on a faster experience this time around. Collectibles are optional and unlock some neat things as you progress.
The soundtrack is being composed by someone you're probably familiar with - Richard Jacques! The music in our announcement trailer was done by Hyper Potions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxOewDbARxk), who happen to be fellow Sonic fans.

As an example, a key complaint last time around was that the levels felt too large, and took too long to complete. Levels this time around are being streamlined to play much faster, and the pacing has also been adjusted to match.

You'll have the powers of both Fire and Ice in the game that you can toggle between by hitting the shoulder buttons. You can toggle these on the fly, mid-run, as often as you want.

Within the levels, you'll find elemental blocks and interactable components that you can adjust depending on which of the elemental powers you have on. As you can see in the trailer, you can melt ice blocks with fire, or freeze water blocks with ice, etc. It's all pretty simple early-on, and gets more complex as you progress

SegTindog
June 10th, 2015, 21:00
Shh... Don't hate until you actually play it...
You need to Shhh... And learn how to read because I never said I didn't play the game so please watch yourself!

As for the game, I just don't see anything different aside from the ice and fire crap, I did notice how the graphics have improved over the first game(mostly the characters rubber looking models) and then the fact that Amy is now playable but its not going to be the reason why I should buy this game, but after all this game is mostly aimed at kids(or at least that's what I'm going with)

Critical Dude
June 10th, 2015, 23:52
This seems more aimed at the new Sonic fans, it looks kind of nice but I can't see myself buying.
It just looks the same as its prequel (3DS), hence I'm not very interested in playing it. However I would still try the demo.

SegTindog
June 10th, 2015, 23:57
This seems more aimed at the new Sonic fans, it looks kind of nice but I can't see myself buying.
It just looks the same as its prequel (3DS), hence I'm not very interested in playing it. However I would still try the demo.
Same here it just looks like the original where all you do is homing attack then run for like 5 seconds before running into a bunch of springs and the cycle starts over again....for all its worth I hope the developers take all those reviews to heart and try to fix everything that sucked in the first game.

Phantom-Blade
June 13th, 2015, 08:29
You need to Shhh... And learn how to read because I never said I didn't play the game so please watch yourself!
I can read perfectly well, I was saying just give you critiques and shit before you play it. you'll never know. Maybe it has better reviews although a lot of fans keep on bitching about they don't want a sequel. AM I THE ONLY PERSON EXCITED?! (Like I said: I don't give a shit if it's bad or good I still like it.)

Lat'
June 13th, 2015, 11:55
Well I'm not over excited for a new game in the Boom franchise, but I'll still try it out.
As I said, it will not be bad at a 100% rate, if they've read the critiques they got from their first disastrous attempt, the game might be even well recievied.
...Yeah, don't end my dream, please...

Colby
June 26th, 2015, 21:39
Sonic Boom is just a spin-off of the main Sonic franchise made by developers in America. Sonic Team is likely over in Japan making something else totally unrelated.

I still believe the fact that Sonic BOOM is receiving any funds, much less an entire second game is still a huge fault on SEGA as a whole, or at least whatever specific branch/team managed to allow another game like this.

IcefoxFaierhog
June 28th, 2015, 10:03
7608I love it

KitsuneFreak
June 29th, 2015, 19:54
7608I love it
You sir, are a genius.

also I still cannot believe this game is a thing but whatever.

Sky
July 8th, 2015, 02:43
I still believe the fact that Sonic BOOM is receiving any funds, much less an entire second game is still a huge fault on SEGA as a whole, or at least whatever specific branch/team managed to allow another game like this.The Sonic Boom TV show is widely accepted as at least decent and up to pretty awesome. I love it myself. This is likely the reason why we're still seeing Sonic Boom. Also, SEGA could've pitched a deal with Sanzaru that required them to make two games, so they could just being following their contract.

Shattered Crystal, made by the same development team, suffered from lack of good pacing, and it seems like they're trying to fix that. The fact that they've removed the mandatory treasure hunting that plagued Shattered Crystal already makes this 400% better. We'll see.

Colby
July 11th, 2015, 05:12
400% exactly where is this number coming from?

Sky
July 11th, 2015, 06:23
400% exactly where is this number coming from?I was just making that number up.

Shattered Crystal heavily relied on constantly hunting for things to proceed --- much like the Sun and Moon medals of Sonic Unleashed HD, but a lot worse.

Colby
July 11th, 2015, 06:56
Out of everything listed, honestly the only logical choice would have been a contract forcing two games from this half baked company. I see no other reasonable choice as to why or how they would even fund another Sonic Boom game, TV show success or not. Especially with Sonic Boom having some of the worst ratings that any game can get, many 3rd party games getting better ratings than it

Critical Dude
July 11th, 2015, 22:54
In conclusion to Sky and ShadowCM's argument (as in debate you numbskulls :p ), Sonic has been given too many chances. However if he can still keep running then the franchise will keep living (deteriorating) and the games will keep coming until his (legs falls off) journey ends.

OT: I wish that they would just make it more like Sonic Rush (minus the op boosting). With the developers being this "innovative", the game now seems not very different from the prequel even if there is more running.

KitsuneFreak
July 16th, 2015, 10:58
In conclusion to Sky and ShadowCM's argument (as in debate you numbskulls :p ), Sonic has been given too many chances. However if he can still keep running then the franchise will keep living (deteriorating) and the games will keep coming until his (legs falls off) journey ends.

OT: I wish that they would just make it more like Sonic Rush (minus the op boosting). With the developers being this "innovative", the game now seems not very different from the prequel even if there is more running.

It's a shame that this is what Sonic has come down to after the release of Generations which even that was rather..lacking..Hopefully something sparks some life back into the franchise like uh, isn't some game being made by sonic team or something at the moment? like main franchise stuff?

Sky
September 15th, 2015, 13:35
In the midst of having near to no news about Fire & Ice...it has been delayed to sometime in 2016.

http://blogs.sega.com/2015/09/14/sonic-boom-fire-ice-moves-to-2016/

The team at SEGA has decided to delay the release date of Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, which we announced for Nintendo 3DS earlier this year. In order to make sure the game has the time and polish needed, we’re moving it out into 2016. No exact window from us, just yet – it’ll be ready when it’s ready!

Critical Dude
September 23rd, 2015, 18:58
The comments from the site really take the pi$$. Other than that I'm looking forward to seeing how they can further develop the game.

andrewmac1111
June 12th, 2016, 17:12
with it says coming soon