PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Video Games you've played?

KitsuneFreak
June 29th, 2015, 19:49
Well. I've pretty much run out of ideas of anything to post here but me recently getting Ninja Gaiden 2 and MGR:Revengence have been kicking my ass so much I've got to say these are pretty hard.

So uh, my list would have to be Ninja Gaiden 1 &2, MGR:Revengence, Dark souls 1 & 2. That's all I can think of offhead, so what's everyone elses?

Critical Dude
June 30th, 2015, 00:06
1) God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP - could not complete if I set the difficulty higher than the standard difficulty)
2) Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (Could not complete... R.I.P Raiden ;_; )
3) Bomberman 64 The Second Attack (Played on an emulator and could not for the life of me defeat the final boss)
4) Shin Megami Tensei IV
5) Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (It's actually harder to solo due to increased durability of large monsters)

Lat'
June 30th, 2015, 08:46
...I've always had a hard time beating Sonic 2 as a kid, but like, just because of Death Egg and the lack of an actual save feature.
But I haven't played anything else that got me stuck at a point of the game forever... yet.

IcefoxFaierhog
June 30th, 2015, 09:54
The only hardest game I ever played is, Flappy Bird.

Killer.exe
July 4th, 2015, 15:59
The game that allways kicks my ass is Neo Conta for the PS2.

rocklight124
July 5th, 2015, 13:37
MegaMan on the nes

:mad:

Mr.Black
July 5th, 2015, 23:32
Are you nerds manly enough to complete the Japanese SMB2 all eight times to get world A like I did?

Cause that was more difficult that opening a pickle jar, and I don't even like pickles.

Kods4
July 10th, 2015, 13:14
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Good God.

Critical Dude
July 11th, 2015, 22:38
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Good God.
Why'd you bring that up? That game pretty much made your hunter fight in hell after reaching g-rank equivalent with the village quests and HR5 (or 6) with guild quests. I never even got to fight Lavasioth, Akanlos & Ukanlos and that Freakin' Enormous UFO OctoSquid monster. In addition to this Nargacuga was a bitch until Lucent Narga came to MH3U and pretty much whipped your ass into MH-Milkshake. At least MH4U has Akanlos and Ukanlos (albeit they've been toned down).
I still stand by MH4U being a lot tougher than its predecessors.

OT: Do any of you guys remember "Blinx the time Sweeper"? Fun game but hard as f*ck when you advance (did manage to beat it though).

KitsuneFreak
July 13th, 2015, 04:15
Why'd you bring that up? That game pretty much made your hunter fight in hell after reaching g-rank equivalent with the village quests and HR5 (or 6) with guild quests. I never even got to fight Lavasioth, Akanlos & Ukanlos and that Freakin' Enormous UFO OctoSquid monster. In addition to this Nargacuga was a bitch until Lucent Narga came to MH3U and pretty much whipped your ass into MH-Milkshake. At least MH4U has Akanlos and Ukanlos (albeit they've been toned down).

OT: Do any of you guys remember "Blinx the time Sweeper"? Fun game but hard as f*ck when you advance (did manage to beat it though).

Blinx is one of my favorites, I forgot how much that game used to kick my ass when I was a kid, I totally gotta play it again. I had always played 2 more though but the first one gives so many nightmares rofl

Critical Dude
July 14th, 2015, 22:52
Blinx is one of my favorites, I forgot how much that game used to kick my ass when I was a kid, I totally gotta play it again. I had always played 2 more though but the first one gives so many nightmares rofl
Lol, it was my favourite game too. The amount of hours that I put into the game (probably 500+) was insane.
The final boss was really hard for me, especially when it starts to spam those time abilities (I forgot the proper name).

OT: I'm going to add Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix to the list (all because of that "Lingering Will").

Kods4
July 15th, 2015, 00:43

The game itself isn't tougher than 4, its guessing where the hitboxes are (or lack thereof).
Plesioth hip check never forget.

Colby
July 15th, 2015, 14:24
A thread about difficult video games? Do I even need to say it?

F-zero GX

Critical Dude
July 17th, 2015, 22:37
The game itself isn't tougher than 4, its guessing where the hitboxes are (or lack thereof).
Plesioth hip check never forget.
Luckily the Plesioth's hitbox for the hip check was fixed, however it is still unfortunate that there are new messed up hitboxes (e.g. Look up any video on YouTube of an average hunter fighting the Nerscylla, look at its leap attack).

OT: I could never get a good handle over the controls on F-Zero *Something* (the one on N64), that game was pretty difficult for me.

Slade
August 4th, 2015, 21:18
One of the hardest game I've done is:
Sonic 3 and Knuckles on the DS. (On Sonic Classic Collection.)

Basic Bronze Sonic
November 3rd, 2020, 12:12
Alright so the hardest game I've ever playe-
DRAGON BALL Z BUDOKAI 3
Because the A.I is so unforgiving making me have terrible memories of the game and they haunt my dreams too.