PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ball Super anyone?

SegTindog
December 27th, 2015, 17:11
So yeah what do you guys think of it? I'm pretty into it despite me not understanding a lick of Japanese of Chinese or whatever lmao,but that's what captions are for.....

KitsuneFreak
December 28th, 2015, 04:04
Meh. It's better than GT so far so I i like it, I just want the retelling over with, Bring on the new stuff.

XSpeedGodX
January 2nd, 2016, 19:33
Super has been a disaster. It's literally just a cash grab. Animation, story, music,... everything has been extremely below industry standards. Toei just wants to see how much money they can make with as little effort as possible.

Colby
January 3rd, 2016, 09:38
Super has been a disaster. It's literally just a cash grab. Animation, story, music,... everything has been extremely below industry standards. Toei just wants to see how much money they can make with as little effort as possible.
Do you have any evidence of this being below standards?

Demnyx Onyxfur
January 3rd, 2016, 16:23
I've seen it, it's pretty meh. I've only seen up to the middle of the Beerus fight, but some of the animation does look very derpy. The series has been through derpy animation, though, due to different animators.
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/2/27436/2772423-5565363711-CL_We.jpg
http://41.media.tumblr.com/2e2ab76b3c7d0874469ff0ee1f1bf920/tumblr_inline_nsufz2oeR21r5632v_500.png
I understand that movie quality needs to be better than TV quality, but still.

XSpeedGodX
January 4th, 2016, 06:27
Do you have any evidence of this being below standards?
You can look at Demnyx's reply for some animation evidence.

Dragon Ball Super is literally a cash cow. Judging by your response, I'm assuming you're just a dragon ball fan and not an anime fan. When comparing this work to modern anime, DBS comes off as boring, poorly done, and...well, bad. Heck in the animated series world of today DBS is pretty low on the list.

The only well animated episode was episode 1. If you noticed, the quality slowly dipped which each passing episode until 5 where it hit rock bottom.
The rest of the show proceeded to keep the animation quality that episode 4 had. The whole anime so far is one huge filler. Pointless episodes where the writers are obviously dragging their feet in an attempt to produce as many episodes as possible without having to think up of anything original. Have you seen recent animes? Have you seen OnePunchMan? Heavy Object? Heck even Rakudai Kishi no Calvary or Gakusen Toshi Asterisk? (These last two that I mentioned are terrible in the writing deparment but they're certainly better than DBS.) I mean, I thought it'd be kinda obvious now that all their doing is filler and cash grabbing when they spent 25+ episodes retelling events that could be told in less then 4 hours. Many of the other debates that I've been involved in regarding this topic had people who threw the argument "Well! This is a long running series! Quality might not be as good as series that just last for one season!" I will now reply with a big "shut the fuck up." Long running series may have an impact to animation quality as there will be animators swapping off constantly but not to this extent. Look at Naruto Shippuden. Hell, look at the original dragon ball/dragon ball z. Absolutely no excuse.

KitsuneFreak
January 4th, 2016, 09:39
You can look at Demnyx's reply for some animation evidence.

Dragon Ball Super is literally a cash cow. Judging by your response, I'm assuming you're just a dragon ball fan and not an anime fan. When comparing this work to modern anime, DBS comes off as boring, poorly done, and...well, bad. Heck in the animated series world of today DBS is pretty low on the list.

The only well animated episode was episode 1. If you noticed, the quality slowly dipped which each passing episode until 5 where it hit rock bottom.
The rest of the show proceeded to keep the animation quality that episode 4 had. The whole anime so far is one huge filler. Pointless episodes where the writers are obviously dragging their feet in an attempt to produce as many episodes as possible without having to think up of anything original. Have you seen recent animes? Have you seen OnePunchMan? Heavy Object? Heck even Rakudai Kishi no Calvary or Gakusen Toshi Asterisk? (These last two that I mentioned are terrible in the writing deparment but they're certainly better than DBS.) I mean, I thought it'd be kinda obvious now that all their doing is filler and cash grabbing when they spent 25+ episodes retelling events that could be told in less then 4 hours. Many of the other debates that I've been involved in regarding this topic had people who threw the argument "Well! This is a long running series! Quality might not be as good as series that just last for one season!" I will now reply with a big "shut the fuck up." Long running series may have an impact to animation quality as there will be animators swapping off constantly but not to this extent. Look at Naruto Shippuden. Hell, look at the original dragon ball/dragon ball z. Absolutely no excuse.

Honestly it's sad that they have to fix all the issues with it in the blu-ray releases, Sure many other anime do it but it's just not as thrown out there as badly as DBS does it. They're just using the hype from the recent movies to make money as you've stated. Especially considering the year DBS came out in the animation is downright pitiful, and since it's obviously representing the dragon ball franchise now it's just..dieing out. on a side note I personally fine Naruto's animation swap to have made a huge difference seeing from how early shippuden was to the point where it's at now just amazes me.

XSpeedGodX
January 4th, 2016, 22:59
Unfortunately, the blu-ray isn't going to do much. The animation will still be below industry standard regardless considering if they want to put it AT standard they pretty much have to redo every episode aside from episode 1. Cleaning up the animation will also not cure the undeniable fact that the series so far is just a giant filler. The writing will still be bad and boring.

KitsuneFreak
January 6th, 2016, 01:05
Honestly you're right. it was disappointing to see BoG and RoF thrown into something that was supposed to be a new adventure in the DBZ franchise but it just ends up being a giant filler like you've said but with like, minor differences compared to the actual movies themselves. Hopefully the writing gets better as it goes on, as for the animation as well.

Mr.Black
January 6th, 2016, 06:07
It's Toei. What were you expecting?

http://i.imgur.com/I8lIXIo.jpg

Colby
January 10th, 2016, 06:04
I'm assuming you're just a dragon ball fan and not an anime fan
I'm not an anime fan, nor a DBZ fan, just ask Demnyx

I was asking for evidence of the previous claim because I don't watch the show.

SegTindog
March 20th, 2016, 18:02
Well, ill just wait until this series is over and they hopefully air an english version of the show...at least ill have the headstart of not having the watch the first 25 episodes over again....