PDA

View Full Version : [Script] -WolfyServ v7.09- (Massive script/soc mod)

Wolfy
June 1st, 2011, 00:00
-WolfyServ-
it's a piece of shit, I know. made out of boredom and not-knowing how to do anything else really

-Current Version: 7.09-

Well here we are again, aren't we? It's been a while since I've released anything but this is what I've put all my work into. WolfyServ is reborn into it's seventh generation, and it's sure to please. Let's walk through it, eh?

-History-

WolfyServ originally started as a competition to Sky The Destroyer's SkyServ modification, back when they were both very small-scale. SkyServ had maps but WolfyServ was special for something that SkyServ didn't have. Better scripting mechanics. With everything I learned about scripting, I was able to make an entire mod with many different shortcuts, GUIs and some cecho effects. This was something to simply make hosting better for people, with shortcuts, rules, and more. I had four generation releases in just four days, 4.4 being the last version before being canned.

But fear not! WolfyServ was completely revised and then boosted straight up back to 5.0 with a new mechanic. Something Sky didn't have. Something that Sky ripped off of ME. I had the innovative SOCToggle feature. Learning the full capabilities of it, I quickly raced to learn SOCcing, creating many SOCs that could be activated at any time during the game(but they still have c-kick galore.) But as what had happened with 4.4, after Sky had taken this into his mod, it was canned again. This time at 5.03.

There was never a sixth generation of WolfyServ. I consider that SOCToggle. I wanted to capture my innovative ability and place it into a simple server enhancing modification that was low in size and effort that could get the job done, just using togglable SOCs. SOCToggle is not canned, it is just discontinued. But progress WILL resume. With or without a team.

-Features-

Simple GUI to showcase shortcut commands and SOC Toggles
Innovative SOCToggle platform for easy activation and deactivation of simple modifications
Cecho editor
Shortcut commands for things such as skins, difficult syntaxes and more on the way
Simple rule display
Other...

Just so you know, this mod is personal to ME. It has my rules, my VIP list, and my other things in it. The only reason this is being released is because it can be used for LAN, private server and/or singleplayer use. There is no reason I should see this on the MS. Unauthorized modification will be brought to justice. If you would like your OWN version of this to use with your server, you can simply request a template. YOU must design your own rules/scripts(as in the scripts to replace my personal stuff)

-About the SOC selection-

Yeah... the thoktrail has no color, the smoketrail can c-fail in netgames, etc. Enjoy! Yeaaaah I should also mention that I WILL accept contributions to this modifications so feel free to submit scripts, SOCs, and more! You WILL be credited for your generous actions.

Download:
Use the attachment for now.

Changelog:
-WolfyServ v7.11-(includes beta music!)
--Ooh, this one's big!
--Edited GUI a bit more, should be easier to read
--When accessing GUI-only commands, sounds play!
--Added a CUSTOMVERSION string
--Gave bosses different names instead of zone names.
--Added subtitles to some maps
-WolfyServ v7.1-
--Ughhhhh, I skipped over the original expectations for this too so you won't see a release for flatout 7.1.
--Created an optional WAD replacing some music(don't worry, no level music was replaced.)
--Fixed some GUI issues.
--Added new SOC: Smoketrail. It creates a trail of smoke when Sonic runs!
--Renamed the fonts wad to WolfyServ-GFX.wad.
-WolfyServ v7.09-(includes WSArchives addon!)
--Expanded cechoflags editor to support more combinations.
--Separated old test SOCs(e-thok, s-thok) into an addon WAD(WSArchives.ws)
--Added support for the following addons:
WSArchives
Chaosmode
--Removed jump sphere SOC.
-WolfyServ v7.08-
--Version will NOT see release, gone over original plan of release for 7.08 so moving directly to 7.09.
--Made Supersparks affect more states and the trail no longer uses A_OldRingExplode, instead it uses the simple A_SpawnObjectRelative
-WolfyServ v7.07-
--Initial Release on SRB2Skybase MB.

Wind
June 1st, 2011, 03:03
Screenshots or gtfo...

But in all seriousness, this seems like it could be interesting. I'll download and give feedback when I get the chance.

Steel Titanium
June 1st, 2011, 03:13
I know this is unrelated with topic, but I joined your forums, Wind.

Wind
June 2nd, 2011, 03:05
Overall an interesting mod. I didn't get to test out all the features but I did try WolfRB2, e-thok, and pushable monitors. And I have some things to point out...

WolfRB2

I only played GFZ1 with this and making it rain for the first SP level might be a bad move. Given that player-joining in a level with rain produces excess join-lag. And that may be frustrating for some people. (But given that you have a choice on having this on or off, this is not really an issue)

E-Thok

After years of Sonic's chili dog habits, he finally explodes in a rather... weird way. (http://wind.srb2skybase.org/images/wrb20001.png)
^ But seriously, the e-thok blocks pretty much the entire screen. Not good.

Pushable Monitors

This could be great for level puzzles and stuff - If only there was one monitor that did this and not all the monitors.
^ This could be frustrating in CTF/Match/Tag where people trying to quickly get an item box will have to take time and direct all of their attention to the box instead of their surroundings.

I'll be back with more feedback, but I have to get some sleep...

Wolfy
June 2nd, 2011, 20:49
Overall an interesting mod. I didn't get to test out all the features but I did try WolfRB2, e-thok, and pushable monitors. And I have some things to point out...

WolfRB2

I only played GFZ1 with this and making it rain for the first SP level might be a bad move. Given that player-joining in a level with rain produces excess join-lag. And that may be frustrating for some people. (But given that you have a choice on having this on or off, this is not really an issue)

E-Thok

After years of Sonic's chili dog habits, he finally explodes in a rather... weird way. (http://wind.srb2skybase.org/images/wrb20001.png)
^ But seriously, the e-thok blocks pretty much the entire screen. Not good.

Pushable Monitors

This could be great for level puzzles and stuff - If only there was one monitor that did this and not all the monitors.
^ This could be frustrating in CTF/Match/Tag where people trying to quickly get an item box will have to take time and direct all of their attention to the box instead of their surroundings.

I'll be back with more feedback, but I have to get some sleep...

Yeah... The E-took was my first SOC attempt and pushable monitors needs it's own map to be useful. I can maybe add a SOC archives sections where all hell brakes loose. I'm trying desperately to give the thoktrail changeable colors. Jump sphere needs to be removed. S-thok should be archived too. I really wanna try to make the thoktrail apply ONLY to thoks and not normal jumps. What I'm really proud of however, is the supersparks. That, so far is the best idea I've had. Sparkrings need color too, they look stupid in their current state. I really wanna try and make them correspond to the player's color. WolfRB2 was implemented for the sole purpose of history. I know it needs work and I wanna go back to SOCcing to make them better soon.
EDIT: E-thok only blocks the ENTIRE screen in software. You can still see in OpenGL!

Wolfy
June 9th, 2011, 04:21
WolfyServ 7.09 has been released! Check the changelog for the update information. Along side it, the e-thok and s-thok have been separated into WSArchives.ws which can be added in at choice instead of by default. A new SOC has been added too, Chaos Mode. This SOC is not part of the main WAD since it was not created by me, but it, like WSArchives, is a .ws package.

Potatosack
January 1st, 2013, 21:59
wolfy, you should make it so theres a version of thok trail that shows when you run at full speed.

KitsuneFreak
January 2nd, 2013, 20:16
Why would you bump a thread for 2011
Can we get this locked? I don't think Wolfy is coming back anytime soon

Sky
January 3rd, 2013, 01:01
Locked.