PDA

View Full Version : Letting anyone join and do anything they please

Streakster
August 9th, 2012, 07:46
Okay, Skybase has gotten RIDICULOUS from when it first began. People left and right have started joining just because they're mad at the official Message Board, yes I know the mods and admins there are ridiculously strict but at least they keep idiocy to a minimum. Joining this forum is easy as a breeze and for people to literally just make an account to either troll or post things that no one would get but them mainly about their "fan characters" at that, but most of the threads here are usually things that could be discussed in a chat box or through PMs, it's boring. It's made the forum go inactive for a while because of this, and the overdose of idiocy has gotten pretty much EVERY thread on the entire forum locked. No one thinks for a second to use proper English when replying to these, most of them I can't even figure out what they're even trying to say! And heck, with all this nonsense it's like a training ground for trolls practically. I mean really, when trolls come along they aren't banned right away. They're ignored. Nothing is done about them for weeks and weeks until for whatever reason it's just simply considered to ban them. When they could've been banned weeks earlier and stopped. Really some people just post replies just to complain about what the thread actually is and some just type things that are so illiterate that it could make you puke.

All in all, what I'm getting at here is that there should be BETTER enforcement here on this forum rather then just locking threads.

It's like letting kids run wild on a playground. Some are bullies, some are just average idiotic kids, and some are just...there. Hangin' out...in the emo corner.

-Off-Topic-
I made a topic, after so many years. Happy? ...Well you SHOULD be.
:waiting:
And could this forum stop being something always like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLyHNMOnLTs

Farouk The Hedgehog
August 9th, 2012, 11:57
so welcome in any time and any where

SegTindog
August 9th, 2012, 14:13
Not to sound mean or anything but I liked the skybase when it wasn't getting that much members (when that "whats with the lack of activity"thread was made.)And we REALLY need a new chatbox at least a chatango chatbox or something and I am getting sick of people joining and then the next day never coming online again.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to sound mean or anything but I liked the skybase when it wasn't getting that much members (when that "whats with the lack of activity"thread was made.)And we REALLY need a new chatbox at least a chatango chatbox or something and I am getting sick of people joining and then the next day never coming online again.

Sky
August 9th, 2012, 15:33
All in all, what I'm getting at here is that there should be BETTER enforcement here on this forum rather then just locking threads.So, what kind of enforcement? Should I hand out a ton of bans? Who should be banned?

Zhire'El
August 9th, 2012, 15:40
So, what kind of enforcement? Should I hand out a ton of bans? Who should be banned?

I think you should ban the people who are making the skybase "slow" do you know what I mean?

TeamLava
August 9th, 2012, 16:04
No Streak, people joining here just to troll... well horribly attempt to WAS the MB when the thread I made about them was still up. A shit load of people from the MB were joining left and right just to reply to that thread and attempt to troll members of the site. But I hope you realize by making this site strict allot of the active members will probably end up becoming permanetly banned. STUC and I hate strict as hell rules as if it was boot camp and users such as Super Wind and Fou Fou would probably get banned immediately. Then the site probably would lack some activity, so YOU Sky decide what you wanna do....

SegTindog
August 9th, 2012, 17:34
Why should I get banned speaking of banned what is this about me being banned 4 wks back.

Streakster
August 9th, 2012, 18:40
I don't mean strict rules like they're trying to keep us in line at a jailhouse, I just mean things that could make things around here a lot more humble and reasonable. I'm not trying to FORCE you to do it, I'm trying to make a move at pushing away people who join and do nothing and when they do it's a conversation that could be held in a chatbox. But with the overload of members here, the chatbox wouldn't be possibly because it'd probably overload and lag every 5 minutes. It's just getting pretty annoying for people who contribute to this forum.

TeamLava
August 9th, 2012, 21:02
STREAK I hope YOU out of anyone here realizes that the only people that were to use the chat box back when it was still up (and yes back then the site was just as active as now) the only members that would use it were YOU, Steel, and Cyan. If the SRB2 Sky Base chat was setup again I'm not sure who would use it.

dage4 EX
August 9th, 2012, 21:27
The only members that would use it were YOU, Steel, and Cyan.

You kinda forgot me. :(

Anyway, I agree with Streakster. This place has been smashed since it was started.

Sky
August 9th, 2012, 21:33
Anyway, I agree with Streakster. This place has been smashed since it was started.I would like some feedback that could help me unsmash this place.

Zhire'El
August 9th, 2012, 22:00
I would like some feedback that could help me unsmash this place.

Maybe copy the MB's random answer but don't make the question a douchebag who doesn't want members to join kind of question.

SegTindog
August 9th, 2012, 23:41
Yeah that question was really hard that could really help alot and also need a way to let members have some enjoyment on the site (not that the site is boring)but maybe an arcade?

Tyson TH
August 10th, 2012, 01:39
How is the question hard at ALL?
You just simply put the correct there/their/they're and poof that issue is gone forever. I should know, I have like 4 accounts there due to forgetting my password.
Anywho, you might want to start putting the new members on Trial phases kind of like Sonic Retro to approve if the user is really here to contribute or just to lurk and send PMs.

Sky
August 10th, 2012, 02:12
Yeah that question was really hard that could really help alot and also need a way to let members have some enjoyment on the site (not that the site is boring)but maybe an arcade?Haha, hard? Maybe for you, yes. That question was extremely easy for me. I don't see how people have a problem with it. Then again, I don't see why people have grammar issues.

SegTindog
August 10th, 2012, 03:47
I meant for most people,you don't know how many people I met when I was playing srb2 in my server that have said that question was hard but was able to pass it but that isn't point.

Steel Titanium
August 10th, 2012, 04:36
You might want to start putting the new members on Trial phases kind of like Sonic Retro to approve if the user is really here to contribute or just to lurk and send PMs.I like that idea, but it should be different from Sonic Retro.

STREAK I hope YOU out of anyone here realizes that the only people that were to use the chat box back when it was still up (and yes back then the site was just as active as now) the only members that would use it were YOU, Steel, and Cyan. If the SRB2 Sky Base chat was setup again I'm not sure who would use it.When the skybase had a chatbox it would get overloaded every minutes since there was alot of chating on there, and it was removed since it gave us alot of database errors when posting on topics. But that was when the skybase use hosting24 as the web hosting service for it.

Tyson TH
August 10th, 2012, 04:58
Well, the only difference I can think up right now is skip the validation request.

Steel Titanium
August 10th, 2012, 05:01
Well, Sky can make it so signups must be administrator approved first.

SegTindog
August 10th, 2012, 14:30
And maybe there can be a BETTER place to discuss things?

- - - Updated - - -

Steel Titanium
August 10th, 2012, 15:38

- - - Updated - - -

What you mean better place?

TeamLava
August 10th, 2012, 15:49
You guys are pretty stupid to consider any of this. If this place turns into MB number 2 then I'd be better off at Super Wind's shitty site.

Streakster
August 10th, 2012, 16:35
You guys are pretty stupid to consider any of this. If this place turns into MB number 2 then I'd be better off at Super Wind's shitty site.

We're stupid for having OPINIONS? I thought you said you hate it when people lecture you about having your opinion?
Besides, we're not trying to make MB #2 by simply having some actual content here. Is that making an MB #2?
We don't have anal damaged admins do we?
And really. SuperWind's site where...no one goes? Not even trolls go there. It's just. There.

SegTindog
August 10th, 2012, 16:49
You to gotta shut up because I had at least as much members on the site as steels website and its been closed down right now I am making a mario website but the last one wasn't as quiet as this website was a few weeks back and it was crappy.

- - - Updated - - -

You to gotta shut up because I had at least as much members on the site as steels website and its been closed down right now I am making a mario website but the last one wasn't as quiet as this website was a few weeks back and it was crappy.

Streakster
August 10th, 2012, 17:05
And look at this, now off-topicness again.
Listen, all I'm saying is. Could there possibly be a way to make the joining system make sure that you'd want to do something? Maybe a Questionare about what you plan to do on the site.
And the rules are set and there. But nobody really follows them, and the only time people care when they don't follow them is when it's flaming, or a troll.
I'm not saying: "STOP RIGHT THERE, YOU BROKE THE LAW. NOW YOU HAVE TO BE BANNED FOR X AMOUNT OF MONTHS."
When it continues, it should be stopped. It's usually gone unnoticed. But sometimes it's pretty obvious with most members.

TeamLava
August 10th, 2012, 17:11
Well I don't know how this would work. I hate people joining and never coming back after they join but... how can we get them to contribute?

Streakster
August 10th, 2012, 17:40
Well let's think of some ideas, that's what this thread is for of course.
I was thinking perhaps some kind of warning of inactivity? Perhaps some kind of PMs that are sent out after say...a week of inactivity?

TeamLava
August 10th, 2012, 17:42
Well let's think of some ideas, that's what this thread is for of course.
I was thinking perhaps some kind of warning of inactivity? Perhaps some kind of PMs that are sent out after say...a week of inactivity?

NO you idiot, some people actually have lives and will probably be absent for a week or so. I was absent until 2 days ago.

Streakster
August 10th, 2012, 17:49
NO you idiot, some people actually have lives and will probably be absent for a week or so. I was absent until 2 days ago.

You know you don't have to POINTLESSLY call me an idiot. I said a freaking message after a week. I know people have LIVES, that's why I said a WEEK. 7 whole days.

TeamLava
August 10th, 2012, 17:52
I don't really see why this matters RIGHT NOW out of any time. The forums seem to be very active.

Streakster
August 10th, 2012, 17:53
I don't really see why this matters RIGHT NOW out of any time. The forums seem to be very active.

Flame wars don't count as active. It only furthers my point something has to be done.

TeamLava
August 10th, 2012, 17:57
Flame wars don't count as active. It only furthers my point something has to be done.

I guess Super Wind's spamming and my opinions causing people to get butt-hurt causing flame wars and that time when the forum was being spammed because of the MB's white knights and people like Jacob, Sonic Lover, and Drake bitching about hacking and trolls and Demnyx trolling super wind doesn't count as activity.

Streakster
August 10th, 2012, 18:00
I guess Super Wind's spamming and my opinions causing people to get butt-hurt causing flame wars and that time when the forum was being spammed because of the MB's white knights and people like Jacob, Sonic Lover, and Drake bitching about hacking and trolls and Demnyx trolling super wind doesn't count as activity.

So you want the forum to continue being like this, if that's what counts as activity I suppose. Now really, we could use some time where we all got together and acted like normal human beings.

TeamLava
August 10th, 2012, 18:01
Acting like normal human beings is too hard for the people I made butt-hurt AKA almost the whole forum.

Streakster
August 10th, 2012, 22:41
This happens much too often. Everyone's fun is ended by pointless hate posts and people acting like immature kids.
We need a team of moderators, not one admin. One admin can't handle all this by his/herself.
A forum with 20+ people can't be run by simply one person, it's just too much. Everyday there's either another argument or a locked thread DUE to flaming.
I don't think Sky alone can handle this you've, as far as I know, been the only admin for a long time and it's not working out. Yes I'm quite aware you made this but come on. Have you notice how problems have been dealt with? Stuff like this shouldn't just happen to EVERYBODY because a petty argument has broke out. Can we not mute someone? I mean you give about one warning and wait about another hour to do something, and then the whole SITE is put on hold.
We need moderators, not to an extent where it's butthurt admins, but enough to keep this site controlled and stop the pointless "SOMEK IS GAI threads" and "I hate MB" threads and "HOW DAIR YEW NEUT LAIK SANIC" this is just CRAZY.
And I know you're not the *only* administrator but as far as I've seen for a while, you're the only active one.
Which is why we could use a section for Moderators and Administrators to discuss problems at hand and find a subtle way to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

But I'm sure this will go ignored.

SegTindog
August 10th, 2012, 22:51
I wasn't here for 6 damn weeks so sonix quit fucking messing with me.

TeamLava
August 10th, 2012, 22:53
I don't know if there's anyone here that's suitible for admin anymore. Seriously, who ever we made admin except for maybe me or you (which will never be admin) will probably ban users over the smallest and dumbest shit and half of us would be banned probably over an opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't here for 6 damn weeks so sonix quit fucking messing with me.

Shut the fuck up we're done with people like you starting pointless spam.

SegTindog
August 10th, 2012, 23:03
Bitch no one here likes you okay I don't know why sky didn't just permanent ban you a few weeks back okay you constantly cause arguments with mazefire then you cause a war with the MB when you made that dumb thread about them okay and I don't spam and apparently you haven't learned your lesson from your ban because you're the same as before you just constantly pick on people for no reason you're what we call a cyberbully.

Streakster
August 10th, 2012, 23:06
I don't know if there's anyone here that's suitible for admin anymore. Seriously, who ever we made admin except for maybe me or you (which will never be admin) will probably ban users over the smallest and dumbest shit and half of us would be banned probably over an opinion.

I'm not asking for administration, I just want some moderators here. Ones that cannot BAN but can more say, report to Sky. Y'know so people don't get power-hungry like the MB.

- - - Updated - - -

Bitch no one here likes you okay I don't know why sky didn't just permanent ban you a few weeks back okay you constantly cause arguments with mazefire then you cause a war with the MB when you made that dumb thread about them okay and I don't spam and apparently you haven't learned your lesson from your ban because you're the same as before you just constantly pick on people for no reason you're what we call a cyberbully.

SuperWind please be quiet, I'm really not in the mood for someone ELSE to start another argument for absurd reasons, stop dwelling on the past. Move on. Don't carry this on in this thread, go elsewhere.

SegTindog
August 10th, 2012, 23:10
No,its the truth sonix is a bother and if he ever becomes mod I will kill myself(but I think I can be a good mod.)

- - - Updated - - -

No,its the truth sonix is a bother and if he ever becomes mod I will kill myself(but I think I can be a good mod.)

Streakster
August 10th, 2012, 23:20

- - - Updated - - -

Promoting yourself as a good moderator is not the sign of a good one.
Besides, if you keep pointlessly thrashing SoniX for past events then it's pretty obvious that you might ban him if he steps out of line at the slightest.
Now please.
PLEASE
Let's get back on-topic.

Zhire'El
August 10th, 2012, 23:27
Jesus christ.
Everyone needs to calm down im not pointing fingers but really take a deep breath and relax.
I know the skybase has been very hectic but put this all aside.
This is like one of those reality tv shows were the drama is just too much. Learn to take a joke learn to respect people treat other people the way you want to be treated. Also one thing that makes this forum so bad is the criticism but here. If we all just let aside our differences and say sorry and apologize like real people this could all stop.

Streakster
August 10th, 2012, 23:32
Jesus christ.
Everyone needs to calm down im not pointing fingers but really take a deep breath and relax.
I know the skybase has been very hectic but put this all aside.
This is like one of those reality tv shows were the drama is just too much. Learn to take a joke learn to respect people treat other people the way you want to be treated. Also one thing that makes this forum so bad is the criticism but here. If we all just let aside our differences and say sorry and apologize like real people this could all stop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnQdYxPIBMw

SegTindog
August 10th, 2012, 23:45
I won't ban him all I want is him to stop thinking of me as a bad example of something in every topic.

SonicLover
August 10th, 2012, 23:55
What's wrong guys I feel very sad that arguing I couldn't get on the skybase fourms no offense im sorry if you guys hate eachother and swear

Streakster
August 10th, 2012, 23:59
What's wrong guys I feel very sad that arguing I couldn't get on the skybase fourms no offense im sorry if you guys hate eachother and swear

I can't even understand what you said, proofread your sentences. As for the last part, boo-hoo.

SegTindog
August 11th, 2012, 00:01
You know what lets just get back on topic.

Streakster
August 11th, 2012, 00:06
On-topic, I'm still sort of waiting for Sky's suggestion of the Moderators.

SegTindog
August 11th, 2012, 00:34
You're a mod now so congratulations woo-hoo.

- - - Updated - - -

Streakster
August 11th, 2012, 00:37

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. It's a grand opportunity, hope you all still have suggestions for anything regarding this.

SegTindog
August 11th, 2012, 00:42
*Sigh*I would do anything to be you or steel right now but to bad for me anyway lets get back on topic.

Zhire'El
August 11th, 2012, 03:08
Good job getting your point across, now your a moderator!

KitsuneFreak
August 11th, 2012, 03:12

- - - Updated - - -

Wow
just wow man your taking things too far
It's the internet get over it man we will always disagree with things due to many people wanting to have their own opinions about stuff

Vivid Sniper
August 11th, 2012, 03:50
I agree with Sonix half the people on this website rage over stupidest things and most of those things have to do with people arguing about different opinions
which i don't understand and get madly off topic on any thread like if someone were to disagree a tiny bit or say the truth in a mildly rude manor they lash out like raging cat ladies. So i would say to stop this problem if you smell a argument block the two people arguing off the thread and it doesn't matter who started it just block both of the random people who are fighting for pointless shat off the thread :T thats all i gotta say

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with Sonix half the people on this website rage over stupidest things and most of those things have to do with people arguing about different opinions
which i don't understand and get madly off topic on any thread like if someone were to disagree a tiny bit or say the truth in a mildly rude manor they lash out like raging cat ladies. So i would say to stop this problem if you smell a argument block the two people arguing off the thread and it doesn't matter who started it just block both of the random people who are fighting for pointless shat off the thread :T thats all i gotta say

Streakster
August 11th, 2012, 04:25

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that is pretty stupid. Usually it's not really just because most people have different opinions, it's because SoniX himself has opinions. On most threads I've seen him and him alone abused most of the time.

TeamLava
August 11th, 2012, 04:44
Streak, now that you're a moderator make sure someone like Maze Fire doesn't try to start shit because of my opinion ever again.

Vivid Sniper
August 11th, 2012, 04:49
Well i'm new on this website and from what i see its usually arguments cause of opinions or just fighting for shit that happend in the past from what i seen.

TeamLava
August 11th, 2012, 04:50
That's because people on here are idiots.

Vivid Sniper
August 11th, 2012, 04:51
And anyways it's not my site and not my choice im just giving a helpful thought even if its not helpful to you :T.

TeamLava
August 11th, 2012, 04:52
Well, if we made this site stricter than it would be kind of idiotic and half of the active users would get infractions until they get banned from the site permanetly.

Vivid Sniper
August 11th, 2012, 04:55
Ya true but I see no other solution to this dilema besides making it stricter.

TeamLava
August 11th, 2012, 06:01
Then there's obviously no way to stop retarded shit from happening considering making it stricter would kill the site.

Vivid Sniper
August 11th, 2012, 14:22
Then i don't know what to tell you man cause this seems like a lose, lose scenario from what your telling me

SegTindog
August 11th, 2012, 14:24
It isn't the site itself it's the people thats constantly nagging eachother and arguing look we are all a family on this website and it would be a pain to see this website go down so lets all be calm and lets just behave okay?

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't the site itself it's the people thats constantly nagging eachother and arguing look we are all a family on this website and it would be a pain to see this website go down so lets all be calm and lets just behave okay?

TeamLava
August 11th, 2012, 15:55

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't "nagging" it's idiots like you constantly bitching and moaning.

Sky
August 11th, 2012, 16:09
It isn't "nagging" it's idiots like you constantly bitching and moaning.It's people like you that ignite these long flame wars. Cut it out.

SegTindog
August 11th, 2012, 16:23
Haha,now what did I tell you.

Zhire'El
August 11th, 2012, 17:58
Haha,now what did I tell you.

SuperWind stop acting like a child. There is no need for gloating your making it worse if you do.

SegTindog
August 11th, 2012, 18:33
I am proving a point he is a trouble making and there are already worse situations around here I am not acting like a child.

Zhire'El
August 11th, 2012, 18:37
I am proving a point he is a trouble making and there are already worse situations around here I am not acting like a child.By you saying "Ha ha,now what did I tell you."clearly states your are trying to make fun of him therefore that makes you sound like a 5 year old. All of the situations are already handled no need for you to bring that up. I also want to add that SoniX is a troll you're feeding him by making those kind of stupid comments.

SegTindog
August 11th, 2012, 18:39
Yeah,I know I am sorry for saying that but still he should stop making me look like a bad influence on the site.