PDA

View Full Version : My First Sprite Animation

Streakster
August 9th, 2012, 09:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFhr6JIf51A
Simply put, 150 frames for 17 seconds of finished work. Not sure if I'll continue these. I may. Post your thoughts.

Zhire'El
August 9th, 2012, 15:37
I commented on your vid
Its good and if you keep making the frames smoother it will soon look like smbz.

TeamLava
August 9th, 2012, 16:09
Very impessive for your age but poor sprite choices are poor.

Streakster
August 9th, 2012, 18:42
Yeah you're right, simply put I made the diamond shape attack's outline for the transition of it becoming solid and basically screwed with it in Paint.NET changing the transparency and what-not, instead of using an actual black hole sprite. Looking back at it, I wish I'd have done that. But there's always room from improvement.

TeamLava
August 9th, 2012, 20:56
Yeah you're right, simply put I made the diamond shape attack's outline for the transition of it becoming solid and basically screwed with it in Paint.NET changing the transparency and what-not, instead of using an actual black hole sprite. Looking back at it, I wish I'd have done that. But there's always room from improvement.

I suggest you use 16-bit sprites, not because I mostly like older style things but because lets say Sonic 3 sprites would look better than Sonic Advanced sprites.

Streakster
August 9th, 2012, 20:59
Yeah I was thinking that after doing this, but I was trying to give Metal Sonic a "Oh look a new design look!" But that didn't work, and it kinda looked awkward. Especially with those animals.

SegTindog
August 10th, 2012, 03:55
Its at least 10 more frames than what a sprite for Sonic FGX would you good video but sonix is right you do need a better whats the word (character style or something eh I don't know.)