Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sonic Unleashed

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer View Post
    Even though it's one of my favorite Sonic games, you don't need to say that I "love my precious Generations". And calling Generations "Shiterations" is stupid regardless if I liked it or not. I may as well say that you love your precious Shit Unleashed onto your Xbox 360 if I go by your flaming standards, but I won't.

The PC version of Generations runs at a full, stable 60 FPS at any resolution you want it to (providing you have a good PC), while the 360/PS3 versions run at an unstable 30 FPS at 720p, upscaled to 1080p. It may not mean much to you, but going from 30 FPS and 60 FPS is amazing. There's also mods for it, which makes it even more worthwhile.

But, let's drop this. I like Generations, you hate it. VM me if you want to discuss further.

Let's get back onto Unleashed now, folks.

Here's a question for you Sky, Do you think the concept art was better than the official art?

Level
    The reason why Classic Sonic fans WANTED classic gameplay again is because people refuse to accept the changes of Modern Sonic stuff and are too stubborn to give it a chance.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    The reason why Classic Sonic fans WANTED classic gameplay again is because people refuse to accept the changes of Modern Sonic stuff and are too stubborn to give it a chance.
    Not all Classic Sonic fans are like that.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

悔い改めクラッシュステッ is offline 悔い改めクラッシュステッ絶望人形の裸の
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer View Post
    You shouldn't judge Sonic Generations by the 3DS version of all things (made by Dimps, the creator of the Sonic 4 games). It was okay, but it wasn't really a good game. I mean, even though I'm a fan of the homing attack, it was stupid for the 3DS version to give Classic Sonic the homing attack as a mandatory skill to use. If you don't like Super Classic Sonic being able to use the boost, then don't use it. This time, this is a valid argument. You truly, really, don't have to use the boost as Super Classic Sonic.

The PC/PS3/Xbox 360 version is far superior. And you're seriously complaining about them using previous level tropes? That's the freakin' point. It's a game made to celebrate Sonic's past. What, did you expect brand new level tropes? In a game that's supposed to celebrate and recreate Sonic's past? At least Sonic Team used brand new level design. It's not like they copied and pasted the entire game. They took three years making the game!

Be happy that Sonic Team didn't go the Nintendo route and re-release the main Genesis Sonic titles with a music CD with a $50 price tag and call it a day.

Let's look at what stages were picked for Generations...

Green Hill Zone: Obvious choice to represent Sonic 1.
    Chemical Plant Zone: Obvious choice to represent Sonic 2.
    Sky Sanctuary Zone: Could have been Ice Cap Zone, but this stage works too as it represents one of the most epic parts in the story of Sonic 3.
    Speed Highway: Very memorable, could've been another stage, but this works fine.
    City Escape: Obvious choice to represent SA2.
    Seaside Hill: Obvious choice to represent Heroes.
    Crisis City: Obvious choice to represent 06. Kingdom Valley could've worked, but Crisis City was the best because of the Tornado That Carries Cars.
    Rooftop Run: One of the most memorable stages in Unleashed. Obvious choice for representing Unleashed.
    Planet Wisp: Obvious choice to represent Colors, as it's the home of the Wisps.

Yeah...I don't see much "generic-ness" here, honestly. I found each and every stage brilliantly designed and the graphics were amazing, especially on the PC where you can blast through the levels at a full 60 FPS (providing you don't have a bad PC) in 1080p (again, if you have a bad PC, too bad).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, to go back on topic a little...

There's been a port of the daytime Unleashed stages for the PC version of Generations out for a while now: http://www.moddb.com/mods/sonic-gene...eashed-project

It's amazing to blast through Unleashed stages in 60 FPS. It really makes a world of difference. I'd still take Generations over Unleashed, though. Generations has a lot more fun, 3D platforming. It also has better music, in my opinion. Unleashed is fun, but...Generations is better.

Also, calling Generations "Shiterations" is stupid. Don't ever use that term.

This is kind of uncalled for, because its someone else's opinion and your just angrily exploding over that. What I am trying to say is, you dont have to write a book about your complaint. Thats just plain idiocy , in my opinion.

NOTE: I am not calling you stupid, im calling what you just did stupid.

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 悔い改めクラッシュステッ View Post
    This is kind of uncalled for, because its someone else's opinion and your just angrily exploding over that.
    Not really in my opinion, sure people can have their own opinions but using profanity to give a negative opinion on something that you know the other person likes can offend the person who has a like for that subject. Sky was only trying to defend his opinion on the Sonic Generations game also that was only a short heated debate.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

悔い改めクラッシュステッ is offline 悔い改めクラッシュステッ絶望人形の裸の
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TSDude View Post
    Not really in my opinion, sure people can have their own opinions but using profanity to give a negative opinion on something that you know the other person likes can offend the person who has a like for that subject. Sky was only trying to defend his opinion on the Sonic Generations game also that was only a short heated debate.
    I would think, more so hope that someone of his caliber, would have more decency than that.
    Akisa Sajine (C.S.R)~☆:Omg syl...
    ∞ΔΣΏΨ-â€*~۞☼~Yandere۞â€*۞Crysanthema~۞~â€*-ΨΔΣΏ∞: omg what do you want you casual
    Nikki Giavanni: "Casual" pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff-*shot*
    Kyouki: Damn Sylpheed. such flirty,much hoe,wow.
    ∞ΔΣΏΨ-â€*~۞☼~Yandere۞â€*۞Crysanthema~۞~â€*-ΨΔΣΏ∞ has left the group

Level
    I'm so glad I still have this game for the 360. It's amazing.

Level
    ROBLOX is offline, Sorry! STOP PLAYING NOW.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123