Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Unleashed

Level
    Well I've seen ratings between the PS2 and Wii versions compared to the PS3 and 360 versions and the original consoles take the lead, I guess its because people didn't wan to replay the game over again at the time, personally I'll choose this game of Sonic Shiterations.
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSonic View Post
    Well I've seen ratings between the PS2 and Wii versions compared to the PS3 and 360 versions and the original consoles take the lead, I guess its because people didn't wan to replay the game over again at the time, personally I'll choose this game of Sonic Shiterations.
    It's because people really didn't have access to those consoles and more people rated the PS2 and Wii because they had it to judge.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by STCPhoton View Post
    It's because people really didn't have access to those consoles and more people rated the PS2 and Wii because they had it to judge.
    Indeed, Those 360 and PS3 was still at a high price during 08.

悔い改めクラッシュステッ is offline 悔い改めクラッシュステッ絶望人形の裸の
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Level
    I never played Sonic Generations, why is it bad?

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 悔い改めクラッシュステッ View Post
    I never played Sonic Generations, why is it bad?
    I think he's talking about the PC Version having so many modification, since that's what he complaining about before.

Generations isn't bad, it's just that the concept art for the game is sad, so much potential wasted on generic levels.

Level
    I think he's talking about the PC Version having so many modification, since that's what he complaining about before.

Generations isn't bad, it's just that the concept art for the game is sad, so much potential wasted on generic levels.
    I know right? I was seriously wondering WTF was going through the mind of Sonic Team & SEGA when they selected the levels for the game, I still wonder why Ice Cap Didn't return, It's fucking amazing.

Level

Its not the mods its just how they didnt make it more classic, all they did was just recreate the stages and added characters that haven't been seen in a main sonic game since heroes or 06, and now classic sonic is more modern now that he has the homing attack and can boost(via super transformation) at leas the 3DS version didn't do that(the boost) and didn't have characters mention "LOOK OUT ITS A HOMING SHOT" every five frickin seconds.

Level
    Its not the mods its just how they didnt make it more classic, all they did was just recreate the stages and added characters that haven't been seen in a main sonic game since heroes or 06, and now classic sonic is more modern now that he has the homing attack and can boost(via super transformation) at leas the 3DS version didn't do that(the boost) and didn't have characters mention "LOOK OUT ITS A HOMING SHOT" every five frickin seconds.
    You shouldn't judge Sonic Generations by the 3DS version of all things (made by Dimps, the creator of the Sonic 4 games). It was okay, but it wasn't really a good game. I mean, even though I'm a fan of the homing attack, it was stupid for the 3DS version to give Classic Sonic the homing attack as a mandatory skill to use. If you don't like Super Classic Sonic being able to use the boost, then don't use it. This time, this is a valid argument. You truly, really, don't have to use the boost as Super Classic Sonic.

The PC/PS3/Xbox 360 version is far superior. And you're seriously complaining about them using previous level tropes? That's the freakin' point. It's a game made to celebrate Sonic's past. What, did you expect brand new level tropes? In a game that's supposed to celebrate and recreate Sonic's past? At least Sonic Team used brand new level design. It's not like they copied and pasted the entire game. They took three years making the game!

Be happy that Sonic Team didn't go the Nintendo route and re-release the main Genesis Sonic titles with a music CD with a $50 price tag and call it a day.

Let's look at what stages were picked for Generations...

Green Hill Zone: Obvious choice to represent Sonic 1.
    Chemical Plant Zone: Obvious choice to represent Sonic 2.
    Sky Sanctuary Zone: Could have been Ice Cap Zone, but this stage works too as it represents one of the most epic parts in the story of Sonic 3.
    Speed Highway: Very memorable, could've been another stage, but this works fine.
    City Escape: Obvious choice to represent SA2.
    Seaside Hill: Obvious choice to represent Heroes.
    Crisis City: Obvious choice to represent 06. Kingdom Valley could've worked, but Crisis City was the best because of the Tornado That Carries Cars.
    Rooftop Run: One of the most memorable stages in Unleashed. Obvious choice for representing Unleashed.
    Planet Wisp: Obvious choice to represent Colors, as it's the home of the Wisps.

Yeah...I don't see much "generic-ness" here, honestly. I found each and every stage brilliantly designed and the graphics were amazing, especially on the PC where you can blast through the levels at a full 60 FPS (providing you don't have a bad PC) in 1080p (again, if you have a bad PC, too bad).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, to go back on topic a little...

There's been a port of the daytime Unleashed stages for the PC version of Generations out for a while now: http://www.moddb.com/mods/sonic-gene...eashed-project

It's amazing to blast through Unleashed stages in 60 FPS. It really makes a world of difference. I'd still take Generations over Unleashed, though. Generations has a lot more fun, 3D platforming. It also has better music, in my opinion. Unleashed is fun, but...Generations is better.

Also, calling Generations "Shiterations" is stupid. Don't ever use that term.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer View Post
    You shouldn't judge Sonic Generations by the 3DS version of all things (made by Dimps, the creator of the Sonic 4 games). It was okay, but it wasn't really a good game. I mean, even though I'm a fan of the homing attack, it was stupid for the 3DS version to give Classic Sonic the homing attack as a mandatory skill to use. If you don't like Super Classic Sonic being able to use the boost, then don't use it. This time, this is a valid argument. You truly, really, don't have to use the boost as Super Classic Sonic.

The PC/PS3/Xbox 360 version is far superior. And you're seriously complaining about them using previous level tropes? That's the freakin' point. It's a game made to celebrate Sonic's past. What, did you expect brand new level tropes? In a game that's supposed to celebrate and recreate Sonic's past? At least Sonic Team used brand new level design. It's not like they copied and pasted the entire game. They took three years making the game!

Be happy that Sonic Team didn't go the Nintendo route and re-release the main Genesis Sonic titles with a music CD with a $50 price tag and call it a day.

Let's look at what stages were picked for Generations...

Green Hill Zone: Obvious choice to represent Sonic 1.
    Chemical Plant Zone: Obvious choice to represent Sonic 2.
    Sky Sanctuary Zone: Could have been Ice Cap Zone, but this stage works too as it represents one of the most epic parts in the story of Sonic 3.
    Speed Highway: Very memorable, could've been another stage, but this works fine.
    City Escape: Obvious choice to represent SA2.
    Seaside Hill: Obvious choice to represent Heroes.
    Crisis City: Obvious choice to represent 06. Kingdom Valley could've worked, but Crisis City was the best because of the Tornado That Carries Cars.
    Rooftop Run: One of the most memorable stages in Unleashed. Obvious choice for representing Unleashed.
    Planet Wisp: Obvious choice to represent Colors, as it's the home of the Wisps.

Yeah...I don't see much "generic-ness" here, honestly. I found each and every stage brilliantly designed and the graphics were amazing, especially on the PC where you can blast through the levels at a full 60 FPS (providing you don't have a bad PC) in 1080p (again, if you have a bad PC, too bad).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, to go back on topic a little...

There's been a port of the daytime Unleashed stages for the PC version of Generations out for a while now: http://www.moddb.com/mods/sonic-gene...eashed-project

It's amazing to blast through Unleashed stages in 60 FPS. It really makes a world of difference. I'd still take Generations over Unleashed, though. Generations has a lot more fun, 3D platforming. It also has better music, in my opinion. Unleashed is fun, but...Generations is better.

Also, calling Generations "Shiterations" is stupid. Don't ever use that term.
    At least nintendo knows how to keep it modern but also classic hello Super Mario 3D freakin land.
    Sky I understand how much you love your precious generations but others have there opinions as, the PC version is a port of the 360 version so theres not difference, Oh what you don't like me calling your favorite game Shitty well to bad cause thats what it is to me.

Level
    At least nintendo knows how to keep it modern but also classic hello Super Mario 3D freakin land.
    Sky I understand how much you love your precious generations but others have there opinions as, the PC version is a port of the 360 version so theres not difference, Oh what you don't like me calling your favorite game Shitty well to bad cause thats what it is to me.
    Even though it's one of my favorite Sonic games, you don't need to say that I "love my precious Generations". And calling Generations "Shiterations" is stupid regardless if I liked it or not. I may as well say that you love your precious Shit Unleashed onto your Xbox 360 if I go by your flaming standards, but I won't.

The PC version of Generations runs at a full, stable 60 FPS at any resolution you want it to (providing you have a good PC), while the 360/PS3 versions run at an unstable 30 FPS at 720p, upscaled to 1080p. It may not mean much to you, but going from 30 FPS and 60 FPS is amazing. There's also mods for it, which makes it even more worthwhile.

But, let's drop this. I like Generations, you hate it. VM me if you want to discuss further.

Let's get back onto Unleashed now, folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast