Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sonic 2 Remastered & S&ASRT! [iOS/Android]

Level
    I'm not saying Sonic 06 and Sonic Riders should be for iOS due to their hardware/porting problems...Jet Set Radio HAS been on iOS ever since it got an HD remake as the original is on the dreamcast, but why not Sonic Adventure AND Sonic Adventure 2? Atleast we're getting a Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed iOS that's gonna be released shortly after the Sonic 2 iOS remake...Also yeah I agree with you on the Sonic 3 and the Sonic & Knuckles one, but what about Knuckles Chaotix?

Also trying to move directly into this topic, I thought I'd get Sonic 2 iOS remake for christmas, but I'm getting it once it's released! As well as Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed iOS despite me having it already for my Xbox 360.

- - - - - - - - - -

Sorry for the double post but er...Sonic 2 iOS is finally out! It still has the same level select method from Sonic 1 iOS and Sonic, Tails and Knuckles mode (They'd be already unlocked if you unlock them from either Sonic 1 iOS or Sonic 2 iOS). In the level select menu, it doesn't seem to have S1 Spikes, speed air cap nor Sonic 1 and 3 shields which means you can't go two-twin spin attack as Sonic from it...Of course it may have Sonic 2 shields since this is Sonic 2 iOS we're talking about. Special stages in this version totally looks like an assload times of better, and yet I'm not sure how exactly how you really get to Hidden Palace without level select, but I'll try to get that far in the game by getting all 7 Chaos Emeralds!

NOTE: Hidden Palace was originally gonna be in the original Sonic 2, but it got scrapped along with other levels that were unfinished and had problems, so there's Hidden Palace too for Sonic 3 and Knuckles, but atleast the Sonic 2 Hidden Palace is now on the remake except...Well, like Genocide City Zone, Wood Zone, etc.
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    I'm not saying Sonic 06 and Sonic Riders should be for iOS due to their hardware/porting problems...Jet Set Radio HAS been on iOS ever since it got an HD remake as the original is on the dreamcast, but why not Sonic Adventure AND Sonic Adventure 2? Atleast we're getting a Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed iOS that's gonna be released shortly after the Sonic 2 iOS remake...Also yeah I agree with you on the Sonic 3 and the Sonic & Knuckles one, but what about Knuckles Chaotix?

Also trying to move directly into this topic, I thought I'd get Sonic 2 iOS remake for christmas, but I'm getting it once it's released! As well as Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed iOS despite me having it already for my Xbox 360.

- - - - - - - - - -

Sorry for the double post but er...Sonic 2 iOS is finally out! It still has the same level select method from Sonic 1 iOS and Sonic, Tails and Knuckles mode (They'd be already unlocked if you unlock them from either Sonic 1 iOS or Sonic 2 iOS). In the level select menu, it doesn't seem to have S1 Spikes, speed air cap nor Sonic 1 and 3 shields which means you can't go two-twin spin attack as Sonic from it...Of course it may have Sonic 2 shields since this is Sonic 2 iOS we're talking about. Special stages in this version totally looks like an assload times of better, and yet I'm not sure how exactly how you really get to Hidden Palace without level select, but I'll try to get that far in the game by getting all 7 Chaos Emeralds!

NOTE: Hidden Palace was originally gonna be in the original Sonic 2, but it got scrapped along with other levels that were unfinished and had problems, so there's Hidden Palace too for Sonic 3 and Knuckles, but atleast the Sonic 2 Hidden Palace is now on the remake except...Well, like Genocide City Zone, Wood Zone, etc.
    In the level select menu of Sonic 1 and 2 Remastered there's also a debug code!

01, 09, 09, 01, 00, 06, 02, 03

Also, Hidden Palace zone is reached by going to the notorious spike pit in Mystic Cave.

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mazefire3609 View Post
    I'm not saying Sonic 06 and Sonic Riders should be for iOS due to their hardware/porting problems...Jet Set Radio HAS been on iOS ever since it got an HD remake as the original is on the dreamcast, but why not Sonic Adventure AND Sonic Adventure 2?
    SADX has been on PC, and SA2HD has been out for sometime, as far as SEGA is concerned both of those games have been ported to modern consoles and PC's and are fine being left as is, I would doubt seeing a mobile port of either in the near future. I think their mobile pattern is mostly Oldest one by one, while also making newest parallel to that (SASRT is an example). Maybe if we're lucky we can see something done with the SA series, but I wouldn't get my hopes up anytime in 2013.

Level
    CORRECTION ON MY LAST POST:
    HERE IS THE METHOD TO UNLOCKING DEBUG IN SONIC 2 REMASTERED

1. Start up a 'No Save' game with a character of your choice.
    2. After Sonic speeds by, revealing the SEGA logo, tap S-E-G-A in that order.
    3. After doing so, just press and hold TWO fingers on the screen, and don't let go.
    4. If done correctly, you will be at the Level Select screen.
    5. Move the cursor over to the little mini sound test.
    6. Play 1-9-9-2-1-1-2-4 in that order. (This is Sonic 2's original release date) and you should hear a ring chime.
    7. Now you are free to choose any level you want!

How to control debug:

Tap above the rings counter to turn Sonic into an item. A plus and minus symbol should appear. You can use these symbols to switch through all the debug items. You can just press the jump button to place items, and tap above the rings counter again to turn back into Sonic.

And there you have it!

Level
    I'm not sure why it takes them a while to release the ports for android versions but its okay as long as they have other games released to tie us over.
    I can't wait to play this!
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    Java scripts aren't always the easiest things to work with, especially when an apple app is the source file. Not to mention the more time they put into it, it means the more content most of the time, like Hidden Palace remade, and fixing some glitches, and not to mention getting screen-touch controls to respond, including debug mode. So I'm fine with SEGA taking their time, as long as what I'm buying is worth the cash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12