Thread: Sonic Lost World

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperWind View Post
    The game is kinda like SMG because mario wondered around a galaxy like planet which is like this game also.
    It says its going to be 2D and 3D again and again just like previous titles.
    If this was on the PC then I wouldn't get it because its just going to be another Sonic generations with people hacking it and making mods of it.
    Goddamit, they can't stick to one?

Level
    You mean the 2D and 3D switching ability?
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    You mean the 2D and 3D switching ability?
    Yes, It was sort of good in Generations but now I feel like it's getting old.

Level
    I actually wanna see how it turns out in the DS version, and I think its getting old too but when you think about the 2D parts add that classic feel to it.
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    I noticed that in the trailer Sonic ran somewhat similar to his Classic counterpart in some scenes and the jump sound effect also sounded slightly different from the usual affair. I personally find the new bad guy's designs odd, though that's probably because we've been catered to "robots this robots that" for the past forever.

Level
    Wii U and 3DS have the same graphic style?
    Haha, while that may be TRUE, the Wii U has about 5x the processor power the 3DS does, not to mention the discs hold more than the 3DS cartridges. The sound on the 3DS is lower quality.

So, in other words, the 3DS is not the Wii U. Like I have tried to tell you many times, the Wii U is more capable than the 3DS is.

Level
    The game is kinda like SMG because mario wondered around a galaxy like planet which is like this game also.
    It says its going to be 2D and 3D again and again just like previous titles.
    I wouldn't want to see it on PC because its just going to be another Sonic generations with people hacking it and making mods of it.
    I completely agree with you SuperWind; this game (in my opinion), looks like a SMG rip off, and slaped some cell shaded pokemon in there for "originality"
    I am not normally the "non-popular" opinion when it comes to sonic fans, but this time around I have to say, this game doesn't give me a good vibe. I think this game is meant to appeal to the younger sonic fans so that they get hooked for years to come (like how our generation got hooked from the classics), so I have to say, I probably won't have much good to say from this unless SEGA really does something good out of this, not even good, it would have to be super-amazing just to get me to buy it.

Also @Rex: Can you please stop complaining about 3DS, we get it you don't like it. I personally think the gameplay in Generations 3DS is pretty cool (storyline I do admit though is "meh")

Level
    Screenshots of the 3DS version of Sonic Lost World:

28016soniclostworld3dstoprgbv2.jpg
    28014soniclostworld3dstoprgbv2.jpg
    28013soniclostworld3dstoprgbv2.jpg
    28011soniclostworld3dstoprgbv2.jpg
    28012soniclostworld3dstoprgbv2.jpg

Looks fairly impressive, actually. I certainly wasn't expecting 3D gameplay! This could be an actually good 3DS title.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    inb4 it acts like how gens does and only has 3D at certain parts briefly

Level
    ^Nah.

Also, a lot of info here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...m-mario-galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Some excerpts from IGN
    That ‘style’ basically removes Sonic from the constraints of a cohesive, grounded world design. Instead, players will find themselves twisting, turning and jumping along floating constructs suspended in mid-air. Levels are now informed by gameplay needs, with some stages focusing on slower speeds with more platforming, and others pushing players to run as fast as possible. Aesthetic ideas are now more free, ranging from the more idyllic, grassy settings of Wind Hill to something like Desert Ruins 1, which consists of cakes, cookies, donuts and all manners of candy. And just to throw a curveball, Desert Ruins 2 drops the sweets theme entirely, and features an entirely different gameplay style, opting for the ‘tunnel racing’ concept that Sonic games have used for decades. Of course, all of this works within Sonic’s typical level designs, which feature a wide range of branching paths and exploration options.

As mentioned, Sonic Team’s greatest challenge was maintaining a sense of speed for the series while finding controls that made sense. The result is now that, by default, Sonic doesn’t burst off with a tilt of the analog stick. He walks – until you use one of the GamePad’s triggers to engage his running speed. This too is actually not full speed. Holding down the second trigger will pull Sonic into a ball, giving him access to his full momentum, which Iizuka likened to the ‘Boost speed’ from previous titles. By creating a tiered structure to movement, Sonic Team is hoping players will be able to navigate the wide range of level designs, exploring and running as necessary.

That’s also where the Parkour system comes into play. “In previous 3D Sonic games, even if you're running through a level at top speed, if you hit an obstacle you stop instantly,” Iizuka explained. “To avoid this, we added a new action to keep Sonic running, even when you hit an obstacle. To make sure it only happens when you want it to, it's triggered by the player holding the run button.” Like any game, automating actions brings a certain risk, but doing nothing means Sonic games continue to run into a brick wall – literally in the case of gameplay.

Of course, there’s also the small matter of Lost World being a Wii U (and 3DS) exclusive. On Wii U, the GamePad is specifically used to activate various Wisp-based “Color Powers,” which feature touch-based controls and are mostly used to gain access to side paths and areas. The GamePad will also play a role in ‘Support Mode,’ which allows one player to use Wii U’s tablet to assist a second player who is controlling Sonic with a Wii remote and Nunchuck. Speaking of playing as Sonic, while the iconic hedgehog is the only character players will directly control, friends such as Tails, Knuckles and Amy will make appearances in the story.

The story itself is, as you’d expect, remarkably simple. Sonic is chasing his longtime foe, Eggman, and encounters a mysterious floating island known as “Lost Hex.” It’s here where Sonic will run across the “Deadly Six” that SEGA has already teased, and Iizuka noted these foes will bring a “sense of danger and humor” to the story.
    Basically: Less boost to win, more rolling to win, wisp powers are back, Sonic's the only playable character, two zones are confirmed: Wind Hill and Desert Ruins, and new controls and moves.

Also, why is this a SMG rip off. It's not even in SPACE now! It's on a FLOATING ISLAND (*cough*LikeAngelIsland*cough*)!
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him