Level

Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice

Trailer:

Highlights:
    • Nintendo 3DS exclusive
    • Late 2015 release
    • Same developer as Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
    • New villain: D-Fekt
    • Geared more towards speed and platforming rather than labyrinth-styled stages

I didn't see this coming, at all.

Source/info: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/0...r-nintendo-3ds
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    Honest opinion: the fact that it's the same dev team is the worst part.

Level
    ...Why in the hell did they continue this after the sarcasm it ended up into with the first releases?!
    All I hope is that it's gonna get recieved in a better way than the first games did.
    Steam ID: Nymphali Festif | SRB2 Nickname: Lat' | Skype: superrainboom
    > "I'm a boy. What? You're laughing? ...Bitches, please, I'M FABULOUS! "

Level
    So they feel like they can continue this shit and hopefully not do the same crap they did in the original game(this is probably going to be worse than the first)
    Goodbye Hedgehogs, Hello plumbers!

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lat' View Post
    ...Why in the hell did they continue this after the sarcasm it ended up into with the first releases?!
    All I hope is that it's gonna get recieved in a better way than the first games did.
    Yea, but my theory with the first instalment (including Shattered Chrystal) they purposely made it bad. All first games are bad. I guess... Also I like ANY Types of games. Including bad ones to be honest... Also I have lots of hype for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by SegTindog View Post
    So they feel like they can continue this shit and hopefully not do the same crap they did in the original game(this is probably going to be worse than the first)
    Shh... Don't hate until you actually play it...
    SRB2 Name: Professor-Hedgehog
    SRB2 Server Name: The Professor's Lab
    SRB2 Projects:
    S1RB (Sonic 1 Mod - Reboot)

Level
    And after the first one whose gonna buy it? They make a sequel to THIS and NOT say Sonic Adventure 3 or Sonic Generations 2?!

Level
    Remember, there's multiple, separate development teams hired by SEGA.

Sonic Boom is just a spin-off of the main Sonic franchise made by developers in America. Sonic Team is likely over in Japan making something else totally unrelated.

Some info came out:

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA
    The focus is definitely more on a faster experience this time around. Collectibles are optional and unlock some neat things as you progress.
    The soundtrack is being composed by someone you're probably familiar with - Richard Jacques! The music in our announcement trailer was done by Hyper Potions, who happen to be fellow Sonic fans.
    As an example, a key complaint last time around was that the levels felt too large, and took too long to complete. Levels this time around are being streamlined to play much faster, and the pacing has also been adjusted to match.
    You'll have the powers of both Fire and Ice in the game that you can toggle between by hitting the shoulder buttons. You can toggle these on the fly, mid-run, as often as you want.

Within the levels, you'll find elemental blocks and interactable components that you can adjust depending on which of the elemental powers you have on. As you can see in the trailer, you can melt ice blocks with fire, or freeze water blocks with ice, etc. It's all pretty simple early-on, and gets more complex as you progress
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-Blade View Post
    Shh... Don't hate until you actually play it...
    You need to Shhh... And learn how to read because I never said I didn't play the game so please watch yourself!

As for the game, I just don't see anything different aside from the ice and fire crap, I did notice how the graphics have improved over the first game(mostly the characters rubber looking models) and then the fact that Amy is now playable but its not going to be the reason why I should buy this game, but after all this game is mostly aimed at kids(or at least that's what I'm going with)

Where you live. It can be fictional, who cares.
    Level
    This seems more aimed at the new Sonic fans, it looks kind of nice but I can't see myself buying.
    It just looks the same as its prequel (3DS), hence I'm not very interested in playing it. However I would still try the demo.

Fun Fact: I actually dislike cats :]

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Dude View Post
    This seems more aimed at the new Sonic fans, it looks kind of nice but I can't see myself buying.
    It just looks the same as its prequel (3DS), hence I'm not very interested in playing it. However I would still try the demo.
    Same here it just looks like the original where all you do is homing attack then run for like 5 seconds before running into a bunch of springs and the cycle starts over again....for all its worth I hope the developers take all those reviews to heart and try to fix everything that sucked in the first game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast