Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HOW 'BOUT THEM ANIMES (wohoho)

Mr.Black is offline おおあっ! びっくりしたァーっ
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 947
    Overall activity: 0%
    Level

HOW 'BOUT THEM ANIMES (wohoho)

Just, post 'bout anime or whatever. Like, new stuff or just stuff in general that you either like or hate 'bout them animes.

Lemme start. *ehem*

I can't wait for Evangelion 3.33 and DBZ: Battle of Gods to come to DVD. They've been hyping these movies up the butt and I REALLY HOPE that all that hype was worth it.

Also, the 2012/13 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure anime, unfortunately, just ended, but the screenshot I posted above says otherwise...
    (goddamnjotaro)

Level
    The only anime I've ever watched is Inuyasha, Inuyasha the Final Act, Lucky Star, Dragon Ball Z, and The Mechanology of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Level
    I've seen some Inuyasha, all of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, season 1 of the original DBZ (no kai crap), and a bit of Bleach. Other then that I've just seen 1 or 2 episodes of animes I forget the names of, or never got into.

Level
    Wwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Level
    uuguuu kawaii desu.
    I don't know. I'm not all that big on anime. I don't hate it, but it doesn't exactly tickle me. (Most Animes that is.)

Level
    sengoku+basara+2.jpg

I really liked Sengoku Basara 1 and 2 (Based on the Samurai Warriors video game)since they really did focus a lot on fighting and manages to complete a plot in 20 episodes.
    daisuke.jpg
    Heat Guy J was another one I loved too, it really stood out between those filler animes with a bunch of girls having sex in a shower or something,
    it had an actual recurring character, a lot of emotions and made the main character look like he's not overpowered. In every episode, he's given 3 bullets to a gun, since he works in a police station, and he's actually very athletic , funny, and incredibly smart. At the end of the series, you just want more, since it's that intriguing.

Level
    Oh, anime huh? I've seen a good handfull of animes. Ones I liked enough to continue consistently watching episodes of include Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood included), Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, G Gundam, Case Closed, Inuyasha and a few others I probably forgot.

I enjoyed most of them a good deal, each for different reasons of course. Like how G Gundam was so cheesy that it was awesome, or the intresting concepts of FMA, and the nostalgia of watching Case Closed and Inuyasha on Adult Swim late at night when I was around 7 and 8. I tried watching Naruto, but I just couldn't really get into it, despite always catching episodes of it in Toonami when I was a kid. I also haven't watched any Bleach yet, but I did want to get around to trying it out, seeing as it's one of the more popular animes.

Anywho, I might as well ask everyone here a question while I'm at it. Just in general, do you usually prefer english dubbed, or english subbed when it comes to anime?

Level
    I actually do love me some One Piece.
    And normally I prefer subbed because english voice actors usually screw up lines because they have to lip-sync, and they tend to edit it to fit U.S.A standards of decency. (Sometimes I'm THANKFUL for that.) But then there are times where The English dub can be better. Example: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. They actually keep everything in, the voice actors are great. And I can look away and still understand what they're saying for a bit. So I'm indifferent.

Level
    I can do both, BUT it depends on which I hear first, because after I hear the voices for the first time, hearing them different from before just ruins it for me. Also, if I had a choice for all anime's I'd say subbed over dub.

Mr.Black is offline おおあっ! びっくりしたァーっ
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 947
    Overall activity: 0%
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Streakster View Post
    I actually do love me some One Piece.
    And normally I prefer subbed because english voice actors usually screw up lines because they have to lip-sync, and they tend to edit it to fit U.S.A standards of decency. (Sometimes I'm THANKFUL for that.) But then there are times where The English dub can be better. Example: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. They actually keep everything in, the voice actors are great. And I can look away and still understand what they're saying for a bit. So I'm indifferent.
    Well, which dub are you talking about? The 4kids dub or the FUNimation dub?
    FUNimation hasn't really edited anything since its' release on DVD and it's pretty curse heavy.
    Now, if you're referring to the time it was aired on TV... that's a much different story.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast