Thread: Sonic Lost World

Level
    Sonic music has almost always been good for me, Sonic Riders is the weak spot for me, but the rest is good (in my opinion)

Level
    I found Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity's music to be memorable.

k

Level

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by The Sonic Stadium
    According to a couple of our readers, the official Sonic Facebook page leaked the Sonic Lost World announcement early this morning, including three images and the promise of more details May 29th. One of the images sounds like the above one released this afternoon, while another is said to have featured the outline of six ‘guardians’ from the game who may be friends or foes. What gives these details some credibility is that both readers say the leaked post mentioned the SEGA and Nintendo partnership for the next three Sonic games BEFORE it was even announced this afternoon.

You can read the 2 comments after the jump. Thanks to M.S. and Bark the Polar Bear for the info.

If you saw the images and managed to grab them before they were removed, please send us a news tip at news@sonicstadium.org.
    M.S.
    Submitted on 2013/05/17 at 6:33 am
    The sonic Facebook page just leaked a picture of the lost world, six “guardians”,
    And the announcement that sega and Nintendo are forming an “exclusive partnership” for three games.
    Link
    Bark the Polar Bear
    Submitted on 2013/05/17 at 1:41 pm
    The Facebook page accidentally leaked 3 pictures of the game with important information:
    - Full details will be announced on the 29th.
    - the lost world (not worlds) is a partially unfinished planet seemingly made of hexagon tiles.
    - the game has six “guardians” who may be friends or foes- only their outlines are shown but they look very cartoony, like characters from Rayman.
    - most importantly, Sega and Nintendo have entered an exclusive partnership for Sonic’s next three games.
    These photos should still be accessible, they’re just not in posts but rather in the picture gallery itself.
    At this point I consider the Somic Excursion rumor to have no credibility.
    Link
    http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/05/...six-guardians/

The six "guardians" huh? It's just a rumor but it sounds sorta true.

Now for actual non-rumor news...

Quote Originally Posted by Yahoo
    LOS ANGELES (AP) — Sonic the Hedgehog is rolling with Nintendo.
    Sega says it will exclusively release the next three games starring the popular blue critter on Nintendo platforms. The first title will be called "Sonic Lost World" and is set for release on the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS later this year.

"With 'Sonic Lost World,' we're going to introduce new gameplay and enemies, which is always fun," said John Cheng, president and chief financial officer of Sega of America Inc. "In terms of Sonic and his friends, he'll have his same friends there, and I think there'll be some new ones as well. It's not a reiteration. It's going to be all new."

The original fast-paced side-scrolling "Sonic the Hedgehog" debuted in 1991. The twirling, ring-hoarding hedgehog became Sega's mascot and a video-game icon rivaling the likes of Mario and Pac-Man.

While his recent interactive exploits haven't achieved the same level of success as previous "Sonic" outings, the character has remained a presence in pop culture, appearing in cartoons, downloadable games and the Disney film "Wreck-It Ralph."

Sonic has competed against Nintendo's mustachioed spokesman Mario since 2007 in the "Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games" mini-game series. Cheng said the characters would be back for more match-ups in "Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games."

Over the past 22 years, Sonic and his friends have starred in dozens of games, including the hallmark 1992 sequel "Sonic the Hedgehog 2," 1997 3-D racer "Sonic R," 2002 hand-held adventure "Sonic Advance" and 2011 anniversary mash-up "Sonic Generations."

Sega says more than 75 million games and smartphone apps featuring Sonic have been sold worldwide. After the publisher stopped producing its own game consoles in 2001, Sega began releasing "Sonic" games for other systems, including Sony's PlayStation and Microsoft's Xbox.

Microsoft is expected to unveil a new Xbox console at an event in Seattle next week, following Sony's tease of the forthcoming PlayStation 4 earlier this year in New York.

Last fall, Nintendo launched the next generation of gaming consoles with the Wii U, which comes with a tabletlike controller called the GamePad. Nintendo said last March it has sold 3.45 million units worldwide, a disappointing start for the first of a new generation of gaming systems. Sega's Cheng believes bringing Sonic exclusively to the Wii U will help Nintendo.

"It should be a win-win situation," said Cheng. "Don't count Nintendo out."
    http://news.yahoo.com/sonic-hedgehog...144202899.html

Dang...this year will be interesting to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2
    <Mystyc Cheez> I ****ING QUIT
    Mystyc Cheez left the game
    <~Sky> Am I too awesome or something?
    <X\Wind> Why is everyone on red...
    <X\Wind> Is Sky that awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    20:48 - Sky: one does not simply ban him
    20:49 - Wind: we must gather the chaos emeralds and blast him

Level
    Just a completely 'out there' rumor...but it's a planet floating in the sky...
    Is it possible somebody submitted my game idea or SEGA somehow read it?
    Not saying it's true, just thinking...
    It would be so awesome.

Level
    Highly doubt it, many Sonic Fanfics involve Floating Planets of some kind, and even more stuff around the idea of it. No offense, but SEGA wouldn't take an idea from a random fan site like us.

Level
    Not even an amazing idea like mine? (jk)
    But seriously though, it COULD happen.

Level
    Well, a plot about floating planets has been done about for like around 5 times if you count in Sonic X-Treme's cancelled plot. ( Sonic CD, Sonic X-Treme, Sonic Colors, Sonic 4 Episode II & Now Sonic Lost World ). Go look up Sonic X-Treme's plot here: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_X-t...ylines#Story_4
    A Blue Hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound...
    A genderless Nightmaren who flies in Nightopia...
    A Shooting Star who flies around the Valdi System...
    A human boy who uses his legendary chicken suit...
    A Rudie skater who sprays Graffiti around the city...
    Together...They'll be unstoppable...

Level
    Sonic Colors 2 under a different name.

k

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson TH View Post
    Sonic Colors 2 under a different name.
    It's gonna suck.

i cri

Level
    What makes you say that?

k